User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is the Trinity biblical and taught in the Bible

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    67 62.62%
  • No

    38 35.51%
  • Not sure

    2 1.87%
Page 1153 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 15365310531103114311501151115211531154115511561163 ... LastLast
Results 17,281 to 17,295 of 17777

Thread: The Trinity

  1. #17281
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    29,188
    Thanks
    1,821
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 1,872 Posts

    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    163227
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Of course they had to....because they DIDN'T OBEY GOD. That's why they had to.
    Hahahahaaaaaaa

    They had to clean themselves with a ceremonial washing and an animal sacrifice for having a baby!

    You don't know what you are talking about.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  2. #17282
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,649
    Thanks
    6,751
    Thanked 23,480 Times in 11,864 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147720
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    No, Paul did not do away with God's words.

    We are not to bow down to objects.

    Statues are idols and you should fear making Paul a deleter of God's words.
    Didn't read it, did you? Your pride won't allow you to listen.

    Yep. Pride stops up the ears and causes the mouth to erupt with deceitful rivers of dung.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 4th, 2017),lifeisgood (October 5th, 2017)

  4. #17283
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    29,188
    Thanks
    1,821
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 1,872 Posts

    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    163227
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Leave it to a heathen to quote a heathen.
    I quoted the Bible.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  5. #17284
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    29,188
    Thanks
    1,821
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 1,872 Posts

    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    163227
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Didn't read it, did you? Your pride won't allow you to listen.

    Yep. Pride stops up the ears and causes the mouth to erupt with deceitful rivers of dung.
    You are the one who put me down for understanding that when you choose to bow before something you are idolizing it, just as God says.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  6. #17285
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    29,188
    Thanks
    1,821
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 1,872 Posts

    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    163227
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    Actually four according to your doctrine.

    Though you can't see that most likely.
    I have seen that too.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

    popsthebuilder (October 4th, 2017)

  8. #17286
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    29,188
    Thanks
    1,821
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 1,872 Posts

    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    163227
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Pops, you're sounding more and more like an Arminian...

    No, God did not "allow" Abram to take Hagar just like he doesn't "allow" a man to rape a woman or "allow" a pedophile to molest a child, nor did he will for it to happen, and especially not by any "decree" as Calvinists teach.

    No, Abraham simply did not wait upon God's timing like he should have.
    I can hardly believe you said that.

    God allows some evil to happen. He made hell and the lake of fire for a reason.

    Do you really think that the bad would still have happened if God did not allow it?
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

    popsthebuilder (October 4th, 2017)

  10. #17287
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    29,188
    Thanks
    1,821
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 1,872 Posts

    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    163227
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    Not at all.

    Three different persons is three different spirits by default.
    Exactly.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

    popsthebuilder (October 4th, 2017)

  12. #17288
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,649
    Thanks
    6,751
    Thanked 23,480 Times in 11,864 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147720
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    I quoted the Bible.
    The words of a heathen, nonetheless, and your point was just plain dumb.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 4th, 2017),lifeisgood (October 5th, 2017)

  14. #17289
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,649
    Thanks
    6,751
    Thanked 23,480 Times in 11,864 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147720
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You are the one who put me down for understanding that when you choose to bow before something you are idolizing it, just as God says.
    Like all law keepers, you are hung up with the outward displays....like bowing down, but the Lord looks at our heart. As I said, believers know there is no such thing as an idol or false God.

    But this is quite telling, you're concerned about outward acts....deeds of the flesh, and that's exactly what Paul is talking about when he teaches on the letter and the spirit of the Law. One is a matter of what man can see, and the other is a matter of what God sees.

    You are your own idol. You worship your "great testimony", and the nonsense you preach and teach in lieu of the Truth.

    You are so enamoured with yourself that I fear you will never find the truth, and that is truly a shame. Great zeal, but not according to knowledge. Just like the Jews. Romans 10:2

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 4th, 2017),lifeisgood (October 5th, 2017)

  16. #17290
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    29,188
    Thanks
    1,821
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 1,872 Posts

    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    163227
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Think up your own material.
    Whenever someone falsely judges me, I know then exactly what it is that they are.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  17. #17291
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    29,188
    Thanks
    1,821
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 1,872 Posts

    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    163227
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Like all law keepers, you are hung up with the outward displays....like bowing down, but the Lord looks at our heart. As I said, believers know there is no such thing as an idol or false God.

    But this is quite telling, you're concerned about outward acts....deeds of the flesh, and that's exactly what Paul is talking about when he teaches on the letter and the spirit of the Law. One is a matter of what man can see, and the other is a matter of what God sees.

    You are your own idol. You worship your "great testimony", and the nonsense you preach and teach in lieu of the Truth.

    You are so enamoured with yourself that I fear you will never find the truth, and that is truly a shame. Great zeal, but not according to knowledge. Just like the Jews. Romans 10:2
    The Israelites burned incense to the bronze snake/the Catholic priest burns incense to the crucifix, and any relics or images of saints. If the bronze snake that Moses had made was broke into pieces because the Israelites had been burning incense to it (see 2 Kings 18:1-4), then why is it okay for the Catholic priests to bow to and incense the crucifix?

    Exodus 20: 4 “You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand {generations} of those who love me and keep my commandments.

    Leviticus 26:1"'You must not make for yourselves idols, so you must not set up for yourselves a carved image or a pillar, and you must not place a sculpted stone in your land to bow down before it, for I am the LORD your God.

    Deuteronomy 4:15-17 You saw no form of any kind the day the LORD spoke to you at Horeb out of the fire. Therefore watch yourselves very carefully, 16 so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman, 17 or like any animal on earth or any bird that flies in the air,


    All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

    You said Paul came along and changed it so we can bow to objects. Paul is the one who said all scripture is useful for rebuking. Doesn't sound like you know Paul at all.

    You have been taught, rebuked, corrected, for your training.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

    popsthebuilder (October 4th, 2017)

  19. #17292
    Over 4000 post club 1Mind1Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4,579
    Thanks
    520
    Thanked 926 Times in 743 Posts

    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    569116
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

    You have been taught, rebuked, corrected, for your training.
    Yes she has....

  20. #17293
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,649
    Thanks
    6,751
    Thanked 23,480 Times in 11,864 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147720
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    The Israelites burned incense to the bronze snake/the Catholic priest burns incense to the crucifix, and any relics or images of saints. If the bronze snake that Moses had made was broke into pieces because the Israelites had been burning incense to it (see 2 Kings 18:1-4), then why is it okay for the Catholic priests to bow to and incense the crucifix?

    Exodus 20: 4 “You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand {generations} of those who love me and keep my commandments.

    Leviticus 26:1"'You must not make for yourselves idols, so you must not set up for yourselves a carved image or a pillar, and you must not place a sculpted stone in your land to bow down before it, for I am the LORD your God.

    Deuteronomy 4:15-17 You saw no form of any kind the day the LORD spoke to you at Horeb out of the fire. Therefore watch yourselves very carefully, 16 so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman, 17 or like any animal on earth or any bird that flies in the air,


    All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

    You said Paul came along and changed it so we can bow to objects. Paul is the one who said all scripture is useful for rebuking. Doesn't sound like you know Paul at all.

    You have been taught, rebuked, corrected, for your training.
    Yep, there is a lot of Law right there....Paul calls it the schoolmaster. Scripture is, indeed, useful. We know what the law was meant to do, and what it cannot do.

    Galatians 3:24-25
    24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

    We have been delivered from the bondage of the law, freed from the law of sin and death, and for some reason, you can't stand the liberty we have in Christ Jesus. Paul changed it because the RISEN LORD instructed him concerning the Gospel of Grace. Absolute and total trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and NONE in ourselves. That's hard for you, GT. You are forbidden to boast in your obedience, but you do it anyway.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 4th, 2017)

  22. #17294
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    29,188
    Thanks
    1,821
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 1,872 Posts

    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    163227
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Yep, there is a lot of Law right there....Paul calls it the schoolmaster. Scripture is, indeed, useful. We know what the law was meant to do, and what it cannot do.

    Galatians 3:24-25
    24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

    We have been delivered from the bondage of the law, freed from the law of sin and death, and for some reason, you can't stand the liberty we have in Christ Jesus. Paul changed it because the RISEN LORD instructed him concerning the Gospel of Grace. Absolute and total trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and NONE in ourselves. That's hard for you, GT. You are forbidden to boast in your obedience, but you do it anyway.
    You cannot nullify scripture with scripture.

    Paul says all scripture is useful for teaching and correcting and raining.

    You then got a scripture that you do not understand and think that is takes away the scripture about all scripture is useful for training.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  23. #17295
    Over 3000 post club lifeisgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,530
    Thanks
    3,095
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 766 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    454115
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
    I'd say it was impatience and listening to the voice of his wife.

    He actually inquired of God the next time when Sarah wanted him to send the bond woman and her son away.
    Translation: Disobedience.
    No man can come to God except through Christ. (Jn. 14:20)
    No man can come to Christ unless he comes through the Cross. (Jn. 3:16; Eph. 2:13–18)
    No man can come to the Cross without a denial of self. (Lk. 9:23–24)

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to lifeisgood For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 4th, 2017)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us