Thread: The Trinity

LIFETIME MEMBER
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Yes you did, Lazy, anyone can read your post and see that that is exactly what you said:

Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post

However God came down from Heaven to unite with a man at His baptism who God raised up by His word
    Don't try to deny it.
    You must be nuts.

Why is it that you and Keypurr say the Holy Spirit entered Jesus? Scripture clearly states that the dove of the Holy Spirit landed on Jesus. It does not say the dove entered Him.
    The Holy Spirit alighted on Jesus like a dove.

It was the anointing which Jesus referred to as being--

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

The word of God of the OT was fulfilled in Jesus Christ.

If your understanding goes outside of the word of the OT then you get it all wrong, because Jesus is the word become flesh and He was anointed by His Father who did the works.

LA
    My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

LIFETIME MEMBER
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    You think "I" reported you? I did say you cut and pasted here in thread, but you didn't receive an infraction for that.

I told you, clearly, that anything you say to me, is to all of us. "AntiChrist" was your infraction. I didn't report it or give it. You go ahead and be a lesser man for it though

How long ago was that? 3 years ago? Grudge much? I thanked you BEFORE you became belligerent. A 'thank' doesn't mean 'start arguing in ECT.' Removing you was nicer than an infraction. How thin is your skin, anyway?

1) One that reads scriptures
    2) One that didn't report you nor am responsible for your infraction
    3) One that doesn't hold grudges for three years over something "I" did to be removed from a thread.
    OK.
    My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,983 Times in 1,341 Posts

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
    You must be nuts.
    Says the one denying their own words.

The Holy Spirit alighted on Jesus like a dove.
    Lazy, do you not know what the word "alight" means? It means to land on. It doesn't mean to enter into.

It was the anointing which Jesus referred to as being--
    Obviously, it was Jesus being anointed by the Holy Spirit. No trinitarian denies that. We just point out that the dove (the Holy Spirit) didn't actually enter Jesus, it only landed on Him, and the Father spoke from heaven saying He is well pleased with His Son. Three distinct entities.

Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

The word of God of the OT was fulfilled in Jesus Christ.

If your understanding goes outside of the word of the OT then you get it all wrong, because Jesus is the word become flesh and He was anointed by His Father who did the works.

LA
    My understanding of the Bible encompasses the entire Bible, and not just the Old or the New Testament. I have an overview of the Bible that you clearly do not have, because God has provided me with a teacher who knows how to teach His word, and given me a brain to think with.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,468 Posts

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Says the one denying their own words.

Lazy, do you not know what the word "alight" means? It means to land on. It doesn't mean to enter into.

Obviously, it was Jesus being anointed by the Holy Spirit. No trinitarian denies that. We just point out that the dove (the Holy Spirit) didn't actually enter Jesus, it only landed on Him, and the Father spoke from heaven saying He is well pleased with His Son. Three distinct entities.

My understanding of the Bible encompasses the entire Bible, and not just the Old or the New Testament. I have an overview of the Bible that you clearly do not have, because God has provided me with a teacher who knows how to teach His word, and given me a brain to think with.
    The Spirit never entered into Jesus? Why do you believe that?

According to the bible he did, Jesus was full of the Spirit.

Luke 4

And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness.

But the Spirit has always been with Jesus from the womb. And Jesus was strong in the Spirit even at the age of 12.

Luke 2

And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,026 Times in 839 Posts

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hebrews 2: 11. For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12. Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee. 13. And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me. 14. Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15. And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 16. For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. 17. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. 18. For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,492 Times in 6,150 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    Hebrews 2: 11. For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12. Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee. 13. And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me. 14. Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15. And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 16. For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. 17. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. 18. For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.
    God the Son took on a human body. It's really easy to follow if you believe the Bible.

John 1:1 (AKJV/PCE)
    (1:1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 (AKJV/PCE)
    (1:14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Has Amos 9:15 been cancelled?

Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

Thread Information