Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

67 62.62%
  • No

38 35.51%
  • Not sure

2 1.87%
Page 1043 of 1263 FirstFirst ... 4354394399310331040104110421043104410451046105310931143 ... LastLast
Results 15,631 to 15,645 of 18944

Thread: The Trinity

Thanks
    Thanked 2,168 Times in 1,436 Posts

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
    I can lead you to the water but I can't make you drink it.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TOL mobile app
    You can't lead anyone anywhere because you're blinded to the truth of Scripture.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

lifeisgood (September 13th, 2017),Right Divider (September 13th, 2017),steko (September 13th, 2017),Tambora (September 13th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,966 Times in 6,940 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

I can lead you to the water but I can't make you drink it.
    Throughout scripture the LORD Jesus Christ is declared to be God, but poor keypurr has found some "secret knowledge" from outside the scripture that he prefers.

Here is one example where Paul declared the LORD Jesus Christ to be God.

Rom 14:10-12 (AKJV/PCE)
    (14:10) But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. (14:11) For it is written, [As] I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. (14:12) So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Isa 45:23 (AKJV/PCE)
    (45:23) I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth [in] righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

At the judgment seat of CHRIST everyone will give an account of himself to God.

Paul equated the LORD Jesus Christ to God, but you'll reject it.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Has Amos 9:15 been cancelled?

Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (September 13th, 2017),lifeisgood (September 13th, 2017),steko (September 13th, 2017),Tambora (September 13th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    deleted
    Last edited by JudgeRightly; September 13th, 2017 at 08:06 AM. Reason: deleted

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

Tambora (September 13th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Throughout scripture the LORD Jesus Christ is declared to be God, but poor keypurr has found some "secret knowledge" from outside the scripture that he prefers.

(14:10) But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. (14:11) For it is written, [As] I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. (14:12) So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

(45:23) I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth [in] righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

You can lead a heretic to truth, but you can't make him think.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

lifeisgood (September 13th, 2017),steko (September 13th, 2017),Tambora (September 13th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, Paul never said that Jesus Christ was God.

You have yet to understand LORD, Lord and lord..

You can not taste the meat, only the milk.

Good luck to you in finding the road to Christ and his God.

Sent from my iPad using TOL
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

Thanks

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your reading comprehension sucks.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

lifeisgood (September 15th, 2017),Tambora (September 13th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    As they say, ya can't fix stupid.

Follow your traditions if your happy with them, I know to much to do that. The true church of Christ is in the heart of the folks that love him. I would guess my thoughts are more than you could ever understand. For your truly not independent enough to see truth.

Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

You are a complete idiot keypurr.

Paul QUOTES Isaiah where the LORD is speaking and Paul refers to the LORD as Lord in Romans 14:11

(4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

(2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (September 13th, 2017),lifeisgood (September 13th, 2017),Tambora (September 13th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,919 Times in 1,474 Posts

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. - Hebrews 4:14 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...4&version=NKJV

Jesus IS THE Word, Keypurr. You cannot prove otherwise.

Changing scripture to fit your beliefs won't work, Keypurr.

Jesus Christ, the Word of God, who is God, is preeminent, the firstborn of all creation. He is the uncaused Cause, firstborn of the dead. He is Immanuel, God With Us.

For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, - Colossians 1:19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...9&version=NKJV

For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; - Colossians 2:9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...9&version=NKJV

None of those verses say that the "fullness of the Father" was given to Jesus. They all say that he already had it.

And you fail to see that you haven't established that the Word and Jesus Christ are not one person, making all your points based on the assumption that the Word and Christ are two invalid. Jesus became flesh and dwelt among us. He was sent by His Father into the world that whoever should believe in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the Son of Man.

More made up nonsense.

You deny scripture, you heretic. Scripture tells us that the Word is GOD. Not "a god" or "a god-like spirit." God is the Word.

Or do you not even understand basic English?

Made up nonsense.

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.’” - John 1:14-15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...5&version=NKJV
    AND
    The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!This is He of whom I said, ‘After me comes a Man who is preferred before me, for He was before me.’I did not know Him; but that He should be revealed to Israel, therefore I came baptizing with water.”And John bore witness, saying, “I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and He remained upon Him.I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘Upon whom you see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, this is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’And I have seen and testified that this is the Son of God.” - John 1:29-34 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...4&version=NKJV

These two passages are talking about the same Person. These two passages state clearly that John bore witness of the Word Jesus Christ. He is one Person, not two.

Or have you ignored the fact that when John wrote these two passages he used the exact same phrase twice to talk about both the Word and Jesus?
    Why does Godhead mean trinity?

Thanks

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe exactly the same as keypurr, but he's right, Jesus is the flesh that the Spirit of Christ is in, where I see differently to keypur is that Christ was always the Spirit in Jesus and the Holy Spirit of God was upon him and he grew in Strength from a child.

People can be so judgemental in here, listen to yourselves, none of you know the heart of keypurr to judge him as you all do! and none of you are perfect either! And that goes for me too, I'm not perfect either.

Thanks

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are a complete idiot keypurr.

Paul QUOTES Isaiah where the LORD is speaking and Paul refers to the LORD as Lord in Romans 14:11
    And Jesus calls God his God and the apostles call God the God of Christ Jesus. So why shouldn't we believe them?

Thanks

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Why does Godhead mean trinity?
    Godhead does not mean Trinity. However, "Triune" is how the Godhead is described in the Bible, not verbatim, of course, but in what is taught.

I don't believe exactly the same as keypurr, but he's right, Jesus is the flesh that the Spirit of Christ is in,
    Have you not been paying attention at all to what is being said?

Jesus IS the Christ. That's what scripture says, and anything and anyone that goes against that is wrong.

where I see differently to keypur is that Christ was always the Spirit in Jesus and the Holy Spirit of God was upon him and he grew in Strength from a child.
    Jesus was not called Christ (Greek word for Messiah) until he was anointed (because Messiah means anointed). "Christ" is a title, not a name. "Jesus" is a name.

Go back and read the post where I explained each passage from the four Gospel books about what happened when John baptised Jesus.

People can be so judgemental in here, listen to yourselves,
    Look at you, you hypocrite, judging us for judging. First cast the beam out of your own eye, so that you can see clearly to remove the mote from your brother's eye.

none of you know the heart of keypurr to judge him as you all do!
    So if what he says doesn't line up with scripture, we can't judge him as a false teacher?

and none of you are perfect either!
    As far as I'm aware, none of us have made that claim. Red herring much?

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

lifeisgood (September 13th, 2017),Right Divider (September 13th, 2017),Tambora (September 13th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Jesus calls God his God and the apostles call God the God of Christ Jesus. So why shouldn't we believe them?
    This has already been explained, if not here, then elsewhere.

Jesus (God the Son) submits to the Father (God the Father). Within the Godhead, the Son's "God" is God the Father. When the Son submits to the Father, BOTH are glorified.

It is the perfect example of a relationship between father and son.

You're trying to inject a contradiction where there is none.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

lifeisgood (September 13th, 2017),Tambora (September 13th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

The LORD Jesus Christ has TWO natures. Until you understand that you will always be confused.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (September 13th, 2017),keypurr (September 13th, 2017),lifeisgood (September 13th, 2017),Tambora (September 13th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Godhead does not mean Trinity. However, "Triune" is how the Godhead is described in the Bible, not verbatim, of course, but in what is taught.

Have you not been paying attention at all to what is being said?

Jesus IS the Christ. That's what scripture says, and anything and anyone that goes against that is wrong.

Jesus was not called Christ (Greek word for Messiah) until he was anointed (because Messiah means anointed). "Christ" is a title, not a name. "Jesus" is a name.

Go back and read the post where I explained each passage from the four Gospel books about what happened when John baptised Jesus.

Look at you, you hypocrite, judging us for judging. First cast the beam out of your own eye, so that you can see clearly to remove the mote from your brother's eye.

So if what he says doesn't line up with scripture, we can't judge him as a false teacher?

As far as I'm aware, none of us have made that claim. Red herring much?
    No nothing in the bible says that Godhead means trinity, can you show me where please.

And no, the Spirit of Christ was in the body of Jesus. Jesus' body was flesh and blood like ours, he was a man. Jesus was anointed, but he was always the Christ, Simeon said that he saw the Christ when Jesus was a baby, and Jesus waxed strong in spirit as a child as he was born of God in the womb.

And I'm not a hypocrite. I don't resort to name calling, if I have then please show me where?

And you also say things that don't line up with scripture, there is no trinity and no God the son in the bible. And Jesus clearly says that God is his God, and that he is the Christ the Son of God, and according to the scriptures that's what we are supposed to believe and know. And this is the truth.

Thread Information