User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
Results 121 to 135 of 135

Thread: Another tally of anti-trinitarian threads

  1. #121
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    User removed from thread. This is not the place for this.
    Last edited by Sherman; July 27th, 2017 at 10:01 AM.

  2. #122
    Get your armor ready! Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    51,853
    Thanks
    162,161
    Thanked 47,429 Times in 29,249 Posts

    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148188
    The Father is not the Son, nor the Holy Spirit.
    The Son is not the Father, nor the Holy Spirit.
    The Holy Spirit is not the Son, nor the Father.

    We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    Lon (November 5th, 2017)

  4. #123
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    964
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 68 Times in 59 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Why is slandering the holy spirit mean death then?

  5. #124
    LIFETIME MEMBER Bright Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Calfornia
    Posts
    9,190
    Thanks
    377
    Thanked 4,916 Times in 2,854 Posts

    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147750
    Quote Originally Posted by SabathMoon View Post
    Why is slandering the holy spirit mean death then?
    Because He gives the testimony of Jesus. Without the testimony of Jesus there is no salvation.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

    Jim Elliot

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

    dodge (August 22nd, 2017)

  7. #125
    Get your armor ready! Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    51,853
    Thanks
    162,161
    Thanked 47,429 Times in 29,249 Posts

    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148188
    Quote Originally Posted by SabathMoon View Post
    Why is slandering the holy spirit mean death then?
    Who told you that?

    We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

  8. #126
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    10,038
    Thanks
    34,038
    Thanked 8,563 Times in 5,494 Posts

    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147638
    Quote Originally Posted by SabathMoon View Post
    John 1:1c with Greek


    YHWH is the word that is the god; not Yeshua.
    John 1:14a with Greek[/QUOTE]




    Not the same logos.
    Yes, the exact same Logos.

    John 8:58 with Greek



    It was about Abraham still being alive, and seeing his day and being happy about it.
    I like how you read all of that into the verse, where it says nothing of the sort.

    John 20:28b with Greek
    Kai and mou seperate both parts of the would be subject or start of the sentence.


    Seems pretty clear to me that Jesus was the Lord of him and the God of him.

    See, there's a funny thing about the greek language. When the Greeks talk about gods, they rarely (if ever) put a definite article in front of "theos," because they're polytheistic, and defining one of their gods as "the god" would elevate one as "the god." But when talking about the one true God of the Bible, except for a few exceptions where the grammar requires differently, God is written as "the God," or "ho theos."

    For example, "TO AN UNKNOWN GOD," or "AGNOSTO THEO," is the inscription Paul mentions in Acts 17:23. Not "AGNOSTO HO THEO," because that would imply "the" God. When there's no definite article in front of a noun in Greek, it's like putting "a" or "an" in front of a noun in English. Paul, in verse 24, calls this "unknown god" of the Greeks "The God" in the very next verse. If this distinction was not here in the Bible, between the way the greek pagans spoke greek and the way believers in Christ spoke Greek, defining "ho theos" instead of just "theos," it would be very difficult to determine which "god" or "God" is being talked about.

    English translations are not proof of anything because they are sloppy. It needs to improve.
    The only sloppy translations here are yours. They need to improve.

  9. #127
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    10,038
    Thanks
    34,038
    Thanked 8,563 Times in 5,494 Posts

    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147638
    Quote Originally Posted by SabathMoon View Post
    They aren't sloppy. The idenifite articular construct is older than the english definite articular constructs.

    "But as many as received him,
    Who is Him?

    The Light. God.

    What does John 1:1 say?

    "And God was the Word." That's literally what it says.



    So therefore "the Word" = "God" = "the Light" = "Him".

    Who is the first chapter of John talking about?

    The Word, The Light, Jesus Christ.

    God.

    to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." This logos not the logos of the hebrew name YHWH.
    The passage is not talking about a "word." The passage is talking about the "Word."

    Anything else would be idolatry.
    Just so we're on the same page, Trinitarians believe the Word (logos) in John 1:1 is Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who is God. Not "a" word. "The" Word.

    They rarely do that because they are talking about a specific god. That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
    Let's stay away from fallacious arguments, like the argument from incredulity.

    "To the unnoticed one the god". Even your example is unconvincing.
    I'm giving you the literal translation of "AGNOSTO THEO." Why are you trying to say it doesn't say what it says?

    AGNOSTO THEO" literally translated means "unknown god," which in English translates to "to an unknown god." There's no definite article there. Please stop adding to scripture.

    Seems to me you don't know what the nominative case is.


    Perhaps you should just look at the image I am providing. Koine Greek was the language the New Testament was originally written in, no?

    So then why can't you accept what it literally says?

    You need to consider that you are an idolator.
    How about instead of making baseless accusations, you provide an argument for your case.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    Eagles Wings (September 20th, 2017),Right Divider (January 24th, 2019)

  11. #128
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In front of the strange glowing screen of an inexplicable mechanism.
    Posts
    4,121
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 93 Times in 88 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    The word “Trinity” is found nowhere in the Bible.
    It is a word that describes theology.
    First came Jesus and next came men’s theology that sought to develop a meaning that was overlaid on Jesus’ words amd deeds.

    Plus, the idea of a Trinity negates the foundational Jewish idea of monotheism.

  12. #129
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    10,038
    Thanks
    34,038
    Thanked 8,563 Times in 5,494 Posts

    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147638
    Quote Originally Posted by aikido7 View Post
    The word “Trinity” is found nowhere in the Bible.
    Straw man. No one here claims that that's our position except those who reject the triunity of God. Please try a rebuttal against our actual argument.

    It is a word that describes theology.
    And?

    First came Jesus and next came men’s theology that sought to develop a meaning that was overlaid on Jesus’ words and deeds.
    So therefore.... something.

    Plus, the idea of a Trinity negates the foundational Jewish idea of monotheism.
    Please explain how.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    Right Divider (January 24th, 2019)

  14. #130
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In front of the strange glowing screen of an inexplicable mechanism.
    Posts
    4,121
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 93 Times in 88 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    "Please try a rebuttal against our actual argument.”
    The Bible calls God an old woman giving birth, a storm cloud, a mountain, a potter, an eagle.

    Everyone uses metaphoric language when describing the holy or the sacred.

    So nothing is preventing you from believing that “the Trinity” describes God.

    The theology of the Trinity indicates God is some sort of divine trio. Not the One God that Judaism believes in.

    And again, the word Trinity is not found anywhere in the Bible.

  15. #131
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    18,798
    Thanks
    149
    Thanked 13,290 Times in 9,164 Posts

    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147872
    Quote Originally Posted by aikido7 View Post
    And again, the word Trinity is not found anywhere in the Bible.
    And neither are the terms "atheism...monotheism...rapture...omnipotent...omn iscient..... God the Holy Spirit...The Sermon On The Mount.. Holy of Holies... God the Holy Spirit.........."

    Sophistry. Deceit. Grade school fluff.


    Take your seat.
    Saint John W

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (January 24th, 2019),Right Divider (January 24th, 2019)

  17. #132
    Over 750 post club 7djengo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    922
    Thanks
    837
    Thanked 728 Times in 457 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    55715
    Quote Originally Posted by aikido7 View Post
    The theology of the Trinity indicates God is some sort of divine trio.
    Notice that you said: "The theology of the Trinity indicates God is some sort of divine trio."

    And, that you did not say: "The theology of the Trinity indicates [three gods are] some sort of divine trio."

    Interesting.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to 7djengo7 For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (January 26th, 2019)

  19. #133
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In front of the strange glowing screen of an inexplicable mechanism.
    Posts
    4,121
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 93 Times in 88 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    Because He gives the testimony of Jesus. Without the testimony of Jesus there is no salvation.
    "Go and learn what this means: [God] desires mercy and not sacrifice.”

    --Matthew 9:13

  20. #134
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In front of the strange glowing screen of an inexplicable mechanism.
    Posts
    4,121
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 93 Times in 88 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Noted.

  21. #135
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In front of the strange glowing screen of an inexplicable mechanism.
    Posts
    4,121
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 93 Times in 88 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 7djengo7 View Post
    Notice that you said: "The theology of the Trinity indicates God is some sort of divine trio."

    And, that you did not say: "The theology of the Trinity indicates [three gods are] some sort of divine trio."

    Interesting.
    Noted.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us