User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 73

Thread: Town Heretic hands down the law

  1. #46
    Over 6000 post club PureX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NWPA
    Posts
    6,364
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 826 Times in 569 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    612039
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
    I do not get this part? they seem to annoy the very few
    They annoy the constitution, and by extension, everyone who believes we ought to be minding it.

    They annoy me, and I consider myself Christian, for that very reason.

  2. #47
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    18,494
    Thanks
    2,681
    Thanked 5,967 Times in 3,500 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147791
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
    Never would vote for him because he sat on the other side of the fence, and the reason is not silly chrys reasoning.

    Besides the Reverend White issue told me all I needed to know.
    With me it was about a message of optimism vs an message of pessimism, a slim chance for change against a certain disappointing standard. In the end it was business as usual, but I don't feel badly about being an optimist until I couldn't be.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  3. #48
    TOL Legend Ktoyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Alabama and Florida
    Posts
    8,555
    Thanks
    1,729
    Thanked 4,908 Times in 3,492 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2147695
    I wonder what those at morningstar really think?
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Christian theology isn't to be in Christ.


    So, what?

    believe it!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ktoyou For Your Post:

    Tambora (April 22nd, 2016)

  5. #49
    TOL Subscriber Lon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    8,157
    Thanks
    1,639
    Thanked 3,260 Times in 1,973 Posts

    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1629457
    Quote Originally Posted by PureX View Post
    Too many Christians think putting up monuments to their religion will somehow change people's hearts and minds, which is patently absurd. All it does is waste money on useless monuments intended to puff up the egos of the "Christians" who worship them. (And annoy most everyone else.)
    Heritage is important and in the OT, monuments were set up all the time so that the next generation would not forget, and that even that generation would remember. Without a history, we have nothing. I probably agree on emphasis, but we are to be politically involved in our country that is ruled for the people and by the people. In that, Christians must take up reigns to help guide the next generation. If you had kids, that would make more sense to you. We are to be lights on a hill, not hidden, and the salt of the earth. That means visibility in the affairs of men, so politics as well. If you disagree, I have no other words but must be about God's business of trying to reach a lost and dying world, as well as ensure my children have a heritage in, but not of, the world.
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

    Is Calvinism okay? Yep

    Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

    1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

    Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

  6. #50
    Over 6000 post club PureX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NWPA
    Posts
    6,364
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 826 Times in 569 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    612039
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Heritage is important and in the OT, monuments were set up all the time so that the next generation would not forget, and that even that generation would remember.
    If that's what this were about, the Christians would be putting up their monuments in their churches. But they're not. They want to make spectacles of them, so all the world to see how religious they are. In fact, I'm quite sure they LIKE IT when their public prayers and monuments upset other people. They want to antagonize the 'unbelievers' with displays of their religiosity. It makes them feel even more self-righteous than they already are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Without a history, we have nothing.
    That's because you have no real faith in God. All you have is faith in your religion. Sorry, but it's the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I probably agree on emphasis, but we are to be politically involved in our country that is ruled for the people and by the people.
    Not regarding religion. That was one of the primary ideals of the nation's founding: the separation of religion and politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    In that, Christians must take up reigns to help guide the next generation.
    Only within their own families. Beyond that, they become the disrespecters of the freedoms of others. They actually become enemies within their own society.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    If you had kids, that would make more sense to you.
    I don't have to have kids to know that you have no right to treat me like one of yours. And no amount of religious nonsense will ever convince me otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    We are to be lights on a hill, not hidden, and the salt of the earth.
    Light up all you want. But stop trying to force your beliefs and morals onto everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    If you disagree, I have no other words but must be about God's business of trying to reach a lost and dying world, as well as ensure my children have a heritage in, but not of, the world.
    You're blinded by your own imaginary self-righteousness. As are a great many religious Christians these days. Until you humble yourself, you have no light to shine, except in your own vain minds.

  7. #51
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    18,303
    Thanks
    1,338
    Thanked 4,345 Times in 3,267 Posts

    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    purex, tell us about what other people think and why they do things:
    Quote Originally Posted by PureX View Post
    They want to make spectacles of them, for all the world to see how religious they are.

    they LIKE IT when their silly monuments upset other people.

    They want to antagonize the 'unbelievers' with displays of their religiosity.

    you have no real faith in God.

    now for a closer, give us a great example of clueless hypocrisy!
    Until you humble yourself, you have no light to shine, except in your own minds.

    we can always count on you!

    have a cookie

  8. #52
    TOL Subscriber Lon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    8,157
    Thanks
    1,639
    Thanked 3,260 Times in 1,973 Posts

    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1629457
    Quote Originally Posted by PureX View Post
    If that's what this were about, the Christians would be putting up their monuments in their churches. But they're not. They want to make spectacles of them, so all the world to see how religious they are. In fact, I'm quite sure they LIKE IT when their public prayers and monuments upset other people.
    Two things: 1) I am "American" AND "Christian." That means I don't agree with you that separation of church and state means this.

    2) Anything that encourages a society is not offensive except to the petty and I have no time for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by PureX View Post
    They want to antagonize the 'unbelievers' with displays of their religiosity. It makes them feel even more self-righteous than they already are.
    80% of us believe in God. Who would we be offending? Do the Ten Commandments offend? Really? Read more from Town Heretic. He said people against "Thou shalt not murder" were short a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by PureX View Post
    That's because you have no real faith in God. All you have is faith in your religion. Sorry, but it's the truth.
    No. It certainly is not the truth. You way overstep your bounds. Often. I don't know what made you this incredibly duped, but you are duped and that's more true than what you just said. You over-extrapolate your personal problems and then project them wrongly. I've called you on this for reporting your 'supposed truth' regarding Christian giving as well. You make up stuff and then 'think' it is true. Well, that isn't how the real world works, even if it does in your warpings. Lies are lies and truth is truth and you often believe something instead of the truth. Do you even bother to research your frivolous conjecture, or do you just throw it out in supreme arrogance that it must be true because you think it, and say it? You need to stop coming to TOL when you are drinking and/or having a pity party, or whatever else is causing this insane mess. It is your problem!

    Quote Originally Posted by PureX View Post
    Not regarding religion. That was one of the primary ideals of the nation's founding: the separation of religion and politics.
    Only within their own families. Beyond that, they become the disrespecters of the freedoms of others. They actually become enemies within their own society.
    Lets just take a moment from your 'fantasy' world and bring you down to earth and facts: Library of Congress. Basically you are a sloppy and unconscionable editorialist. You believe your own garbage. I pray you'll take a good half an hour and go through the Library of Congress concerning what statesmen believe[d] about Christianity and government.
    Quote Originally Posted by PureX View Post
    I don't have to have kids to know that you have no right to treat me like one of yours.
    Then stop acting like one. I wasn't before. Am now.

    Quote Originally Posted by PureX View Post
    And no amount of religious nonsense will ever convince me otherwise.
    I know, despite facts... :Z You miss a whole lot with your myopia.
    Quote Originally Posted by PureX View Post
    Light up all you want. But stop trying to force your beliefs and morals onto everyone else.
    Er, If I wanted to 'force' it I suppose I could, but as per your horrible thinking skills, I have no way to even start, let alone stop. "Make me" came to mind. You couldn't any more than I can 'force' you. You are wrong. I'm right. That's the end of this little tune. You make up trash as you go, and then believe your own hype.

    Quote Originally Posted by PureX View Post
    You're blinded by your own imaginary self-righteousness. As are a great many religious Christians these days. Until you humble yourself, you have no light to shine, except in your own vain minds.
    You are incredibly more 'self-righteous' mr. "I make up my own nonfactual-facts and then try to pass them off as gold." You get defensive when there was no reason to be, probably carrying grudges from another thread. You deserved to be called on your trash that isn't truth there as you do here. You make up stuff, think because you 'thought' it, it must be true, and then passed off your imagination as if it was true. You 'fabricate' PureX. "Pure eX-" comes to mind every time I read your junk mail. Look at what I wrote, then look at your overt offensive response. You are not a nice man, PureX and you make stuff up so you 'can' hate. It must be a sad sad world you live in. None of us want to see you railing against us, especially with stuff you just made up in your head 'so you could' rail aganst us.

    Read Doser just above me. Do you think perhaps you bring angst on yourself? I think you have some real problems, especially with Christians and your thinking is unstable. You won't be open to that, but you obviously have some personal hang-ups that have nothing to do with me. I was nothing but nice last post. You are 'looking' for reasons to hate and shoving opinion, as Doser says, by trying to read minds and intent because "that's how you want it to be so you can be upset." That's called fiction but you are sinfully passing it off as nonfiction. Stop it. Knock it off. Quit doing it. Don't do it again. Refrain. Desist. Don't let this happen again. Don't do it no more.
    Last edited by Lon; December 21st, 2015 at 09:05 PM.
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

    Is Calvinism okay? Yep

    Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

    1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

    Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

  9. #53
    Silver Member Totton Linnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Winchester, Hants
    Posts
    8,303
    Thanks
    222
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 796 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    1203390
    Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    I believe you were thinking of the famous "Scopes Monkey Trial".

    The "Monkey Trial": An ACLU Effort for Godlessness
    http://www.creationmoments.com/conte...rt-godlessness

    Regarding "the law" (i.e. civil law). God created it along with the Church and Family for the governance of man. As seen in one of my favorite articles, because people of faith neglect to get involved in the political scene, we're at the state of moral decay that we're currently in.

    Civil Government: The Neglected Ministry
    http://www.reformed-theology.org/htm...government.htm
    If there is one thing right wing evangelicals do not do it is neglect the civil government.

    Spiritual warfare they neglect
    One lavished upon in the Beloved
    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/blog.php?u=10603

  10. #54
    LIFETIME MEMBER aCultureWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    14,695
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 1,037 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    619743
    Quote Originally Posted by Totton Linnet View Post
    If there is one thing right wing evangelicals do not do it is neglect the civil government.
    It wasn't "right wing evangelicals" that brought us 8 years of Barack Hussein Obama and his pro abortion/homosexual/Marxist agenda.

    Spiritual warfare they neglect
    Not so. As mentioned in the article that I linked we acknowledge the importance of all 3 institutions that God ordained for the governance of man (The Church, the Family and Civil Government).
    Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

  11. #55
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    18,303
    Thanks
    1,338
    Thanked 4,345 Times in 3,267 Posts

    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PureX View Post
    They annoy the constitution, and by extension, everyone who believes we ought to be minding it.

    They annoy me, and I consider myself Christian, for that very reason.
    to whom do you owe allegiance?

    God or the united states constitution?

  12. #56
    Silver Member patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    27,024
    Thanks
    11,675
    Thanked 13,637 Times in 10,962 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147788
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    to whom do you owe allegiance?

    God or the united states constitution?
    That's a no-brainer
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  13. #57
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    18,494
    Thanks
    2,681
    Thanked 5,967 Times in 3,500 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147791
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    That's a no-brainer
    Yep. Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  14. #58
    LIFETIME MEMBER aCultureWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    14,695
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 1,037 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    619743
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    to whom do you owe allegiance?

    God or the united states constitution?
    To those who know their US history, they know that the founding documents (including the Constitution) have biblical roots.

    Biblical Roots of the U.S. Constitution
    http://www.truthradio.com/BibleRoots.pdf

    And then there's this:

    Kerby Anderson writes that the Bible was commonly cited by the founding fathers of America:

    "The influence of the Bible on the Constitution was profound but often not appreciated by secular historians and political theorists. Two decades ago, Constitutional scholars and political historians (including one of my professors at Georgetown University) assembled 15,000 writings from the Founding Era (1760-1805). They counted 3154 citations in these writings, and found that the book most frequently cited in that literature was the Bible. The writers from the Foundering Era quoted from the Bible 34 percent of the time. Even more interesting was that about three-fourths of all references to the Bible came from reprinted sermons from that era."


    http://blogs.christianpost.com/time-...itution-17958/
    Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

  15. #59
    Silver Member patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    27,024
    Thanks
    11,675
    Thanked 13,637 Times in 10,962 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147788
    Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    To those who know their US history, they know that the founding documents (including the Constitution) have biblical roots.

    Biblical Roots of the U.S. Constitution
    http://www.truthradio.com/BibleRoots.pdf

    And then there's this:

    Kerby Anderson writes that the Bible was commonly cited by the founding fathers of America:

    "The influence of the Bible on the Constitution was profound but often not appreciated by secular historians and political theorists. Two decades ago, Constitutional scholars and political historians (including one of my professors at Georgetown University) assembled 15,000 writings from the Founding Era (1760-1805). They counted 3154 citations in these writings, and found that the book most frequently cited in that literature was the Bible. The writers from the Foundering Era quoted from the Bible 34 percent of the time. Even more interesting was that about three-fourths of all references to the Bible came from reprinted sermons from that era."


    http://blogs.christianpost.com/time-...itution-17958/
    Finally you've posted something useful, good job, maybe you can grow up a little now.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  16. #60
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    18,303
    Thanks
    1,338
    Thanked 4,345 Times in 3,267 Posts

    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Yep. Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.
    only problem with that is, we are caesar, when it comes to making laws

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us