Thread: Town Heretic hands down the law

Thanks
    Thanked 3,253 Times in 1,969 Posts

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Town Heretic hands down the law

In this important post, TH sums up the attack upon American values and culture as well as our history with the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    The problem with striking these symbols commemorating the foundational truth at the heart of the peoples who did most of the building and dying to establish and preserve our compact is that it isn't leveling the field. It's giving it to anti-atheists, who lacking an equivalent, desire to destroy the peace of everyone else. Who create an offense for themselves that's needless, reckless and pointlessly divisive in a way the monuments aren't and never really have been here.

If the Ten Commandments offend you then you're either evil or an idiot. And that will do you much more harm (and do much more harm to others) than any monument.

Suggesting that every sort of jackassery cobbled by humanists to mock religion should have equal weight and consideration is part of the problem of that crowd. It's an irrational, hostile nonsense packaged in the name of rationality and sobriety.

Humbug.
    My vote for POTY too btw. It is incredibly important regarding our nation and what it will be with the changing landscape. We must stop selfish people from attacking our families, values, history, faith, and heritage. -Lon
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    In this important post, TH sums up the attack upon American values and culture as well as our history with the following:

My vote for POTY too btw. It is incredibly important regarding our nation and what it will be with the changing landscape. We must stop selfish people from attacking our families, values, history, faith, and heritage. -Lon
    Agreed!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bybee For Your Post:

Town Heretic (April 3rd, 2017)

The Flying Ban Hammer ✈ Spam Killing Tomcat Sherman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,896 Times in 6,703 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Excellent post worthy of nomination.

The Troll Shredder--Brrrtttttt!

June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? More like tolerate perversity.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherman For Your Post:

Lon (April 27th, 2016)

Resident Rocket Surgeon rocketman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 1,090 Posts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great post TH! good pick Lon.
    The winner of the 2011 Truthsmacker of the Year Award

Help Take Back Our Country from Washington D.C.. with the Convention of States

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rocketman For Your Post:

Lon (April 27th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,550 Times in 10,912 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TH has mad reporting skills !!!
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

LIFETIME MEMBER aCultureWarrior's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,204 Times in 1,036 Posts

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is this a thread where only pats on the back are allowed or can I critique the immoral behaviors and God hating organizations that your new hero stands for and behind?
    Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Thanks
    Thanked 13,235 Times in 7,878 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ten Commandments, when separated from the Gospel of salvation, is not only pointless but dangerous. It makes an idol out of those commandments - sets them up as a means of some form of salvation when they were and are no such thing. Unable to be kept, their sole purpose was to show us our need for Christ; proclaiming the law without proclaiming Him is grave error and is a big part of the reason the professing Church is in the shape it is in.
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

C. H. Mackintosh

Thanks
    Thanked 13,550 Times in 10,912 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    Is this a thread where only pats on the back are allowed or can I critique the immoral behaviors and God hating organizations that your new hero stands for and behind?
    please proceed
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

Thanks

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    The Ten Commandments, when separated from the Gospel of salvation, is not only pointless but dangerous. It makes an idol out of those commandments - sets them up as a means of some form of salvation when they were and are no such thing. Unable to be kept, their sole purpose was to show us our need for Christ; proclaiming the law without proclaiming Him is grave error and is a big part of the reason the professing Church is in the shape it is in.
    What's wrong with having monuments that honor God and His rules to live by? People of faith are battling the communist founded ACLU who wants nothing more than to have no mention of God in public. BTW, the Church is in the shape it's in because of people who won't stand up for what's right.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,235 Times in 7,878 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The church is in the shape its in because it has fought for the wrong things. But since you've made it clear that being a nominally religious right wing conservative is enough to make anyone right with God, regardless of what they believe about Christ (proving my basic point above), we do not speak the same language and my reply is meaningless to you.
    Last edited by musterion; December 20th, 2015 at 07:15 AM.
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

C. H. Mackintosh

Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 796 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure many people actually understood TH's post...mebbe it was ME who mis-understood
    One lavished upon in the Beloved
    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/blog.php?u=10603

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Totton Linnet For Your Post:

Lon (April 27th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 796 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally...I think that is in line with what Townie was saying
    One lavished upon in the Beloved
    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/blog.php?u=10603

Thanks

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The church is in the shape its in because it has fought for the wrong things. But since you've made it clear that being a nominally religious right wing conservative is enough to make anyone right with God, regardless of what they believe about Christ (proving my basic point above), we do not speak the same language and my reply is meaningless to you.
    Nowhere did I say that acknowledging the wisdom of the 10 Commandments automatically gives someone a ticket to Heaven. That being said: Many of our criminal statutes are based on the 10 Commandments:

The Ten Commandments in American History
    http://vftonline.org/TenC%204%20USA/UShistory/1st.htm

Would you suggest that we scrap them unless there is an * included?

RCW 9A.32.030

Murder in the first degree.

(1) A person is guilty of murder in the first degree when:

(a) With a premeditated intent to cause the death of another person, he or she causes the death of such person or of a third person; or

(b) Under circumstances manifesting an extreme indifference to human life, he or she engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of death to any person, and thereby causes the death of a person; or

(c) He or she commits or attempts to commit the crime of either (1) robbery in the first or second degree, (2) rape in the first or second degree, (3) burglary in the first degree, (4) arson in the first or second degree, or (5) kidnapping in the first or second degree, and in the course of or in furtherance of such crime or in immediate flight therefrom, he or she, or another participant, causes the death of a person other than one of the participants: Except that in any prosecution under this subdivision (1)(c) in which the defendant was not the only participant in the underlying crime, if established by the defendant by a preponderance of the evidence, it is a defense that the defendant:

(i) Did not commit the homicidal act or in any way solicit, request, command, importune, cause, or aid the commission thereof; and

(ii) Was not armed with a deadly weapon, or any instrument, article, or substance readily capable of causing death or serious physical injury; and

(iii) Had no reasonable grounds to believe that any other participant was armed with such a weapon, instrument, article, or substance; and

(iv) Had no reasonable grounds to believe that any other participant intended to engage in conduct likely to result in death or serious physical injury.

(2) Murder in the first degree is a class A felony.

*Oh and by the way: Just because you don't murder someone doesn't mean that you'll go to Heaven.

Thanks

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Totton Linnet View Post
    Totally...I think that is in line with what Townie was saying
    Ask him about his support fro the communist (atheist) founded ACLU sometime. While you're at it, ask him how he feels about the Obergefell v Hodges SCOTUS ruling.

Thanks
    Thanked 36,209 Times in 22,643 Posts

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Congrats!

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Thread Information