"You think" you posses eternal life.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes, IMHO, I often think that contemporary evangelicals do tend to over-emphasize Paul and to give too little attention to the words of the others (including the words of Jesus Christ Himself).
They do not. Most pay attention only to that which was written to Israel. They read OT, hijack Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and play leap frog right over Paul's 13 epistles and jump back in to Heb-Rev.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
:blabla:
and the Lord came to Paul with brand new teachings. they aren't Paul's. maybe you can't understand the words. the words of Jesus are written. they may be "easier" to understand for you, but stop blaming Paul and people that understand the revelation TO Paul, FROM Jesus. you are stuck on REPEAT and you can't get up - :stuck:

blah, blah, blah.

Troll.

nodelink

They do not. Most pay attention only to that which was written to Israel. They read OT, hijack Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and play leap frog right over Paul's 13 epistles and jump back in to Heb-Rev.

Your sample of evangelical Christians must be different than mine.

I actually think that's it's an anti-Roman Catholic thing that's been going on since the Protestant Reformation.

The RCC follows a liturgical calendar that mostly controls which portions of the Scriptures are used during the mass. As I recall, the vast majority of Sunday homilies (sermons) were based on the prescribed portion from Matthew, Mark, Luke or John. Homily content from the epistles of Paul was much more rare.

In a spirit of contrariness, then if Rome was for it, a hard-level reaction against Rome would need to be against it.

The gospels of MMLJ are rich in parables and stories.

The epistles of Paul are heavy in precepts and much lighter in narrative content.

Different genres of Biblical writings all have something to teach us.

Different types of people and different church traditions have different perspectives and strengths.

Different paths generate different outcomes but we can gain different types of understanding from the different types.

Ben Masada

I still have no clarity.

Perhaps it is because you know this so thoroughly that you can't get all the in-between thoughts expressed that would give me a nice tidy understanding from you.

I thank you for your effort anyway.

Shalom

Well, perhaps you will understand with this thread of mine:

The Truth About Melchizedek

Here is a column which I consider will crack under the building of Christianity. Who was Melchizedek? This man was a pagan Canaanite king, who happened to be the king of Salem, ancient name for Jerusalem.

Abram had just returned from a battle with five kings, and, on his way to Beersheba, he paused by Jerusalem for a repast. He and his men were tired and weary of the military campaign. Melchizedek, afraid perhaps that Abram would take on him too and conquer Jerusalem out of his hands, immediately brought forth bread and wine to him and his troops. For Abram, it was a relieve. He didn't have to fight another king.

Now, please, I must remind you that I am reading from the originals in Hebrew and not from the KJV. Why would Melchizedek prefer to feed Abram and his army instead of fighting him? Because he, Abram, and not Melchizedek was the priest of God most High, whose seed would be of a nation of priests and kings. (Exod. 19:6; Isa. 61:6)

Then, as Melchizedek served the food and drink, he blessed Abram. Please focus on how he blessed Abram. "Blessed be Abram of God Most High." It means that Melchizedek would recognize that Abram was the one Priest of God the Most High. Creator of the universe." Then, for all the bread and wine, and that blessing of recognition of who Abram really was, Abram shared with him a tenth of the spoils taken from the kings in battle; a tenth at random.

Now, let us check Psalm 110:4, which in the KJV says, "The Lord has sworn and will not repent, you are a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek." This is a Christian gloss plagiarized by Paul and grossly forged by the Church in the 4th Century under the excuse of pious forgery.

Here is what Psalm 110:4 says in the originals in Hebrew: "The Lord has sworn and will not relent, you are a priest forever; a rightful king by My decree." As you can see, it has nothing to do with king Melchizedek, king of Salem, but rather to David in the type level of interpretation, which points to the archetype level of Israel, the seed of Abraham as a nation of priests and kings. (Exod. 19:6; Isa. 61:6) Obviously, only the High Priest of the Most High would produce a generation of priests and kings through Israel.

Ben Masada

Prominent New Testament characters include Peter, Paul, John, James, Jude and, of course, Jesus Christ.

The messages from these characters are varied but can be harmonized.

Yes, IMHO, I often think that contemporary evangelicals do tend to over-emphasize Paul and to give too little attention to the words of the others (including the words of Jesus Christ Himself).

Yea, all those characters you have mentioned above were Jews and their messages were indeed according to Judaism. The only thing you perhaps still don't know is that the gospels were not written by the Apostles of Jesus but by Hellenists probably former disciples of Paul. Jews would not write against their own Faith. Paul yes because he had ceased being a Jew when he founded Christianity in Antioch about 30 years after Jesus had been gone. (Acts 11:26)

Ben Masada

The Levitical priests offered frequent animal sacrifices.

Melchizedek the priest didn't do that.

Modern practitioners of "Judaism" no longer offer animal sacrifices.

A restored "Judaism" might restore animal sacrifices but they wouldn't really be needed. Jesus Christ was the perfect, unblemished Lamb of God who was offered once and for all as a sufficient, atoning sacrifice not to be repeated.

And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. - Genesis 14:18

You have all the right in the world to believe whatever you want but you don't have a handle of the Truth. Prophet Jeremiah revealed the secret that HaShem never commanded that animal sacrifices be part of the religion of Israel. (Jer. 7:22) They were allowed by Moses from the viewpoint of "Pichuach Nephesh" because after 430 years of exile in Egypt, daily witnessing animal sacrifices, the Israelites would not accept a religion without animal sacrifices. Moses realized immediately that he would never be able to effect God's command to take the People out of Egypt into the Promised Land if he did not accommodate the sacrifices.

In my honest understanding, the sacrifices served only prophetically to point to the final atonement effected by Israel on behalf of Judah. (Psalm 78:67-69) That's why the Lord rejected Israel and confirmed Judah. Now, we don't need them anymore.

Jesus was no unblemished lamb and his blood was not shed for sinners because, according to the Prophets, no one can die for the sins of another. (Jer. 31:30 and Ezek. 18:20)

Ben Masada

His faith was in God. it's not the gospel OF Paul. it's FROM Jesus TO Paul. perhaps, i have forgotten more than you know - :cow:

Indeed, it seems that way. I mean, that you have forgotten more than I figure. If there was any thing from Jesus to Paul, why would the Apostles of Jesus deny Paul's request to join the Sect of the Nazarenes on the basis that he could not be a disciple? (Acts 9:26) Why didn't Jesus say to the Apostles that it was okay to enlist Paul as a disciple? Doubtless because Paul was lying and what he was bringing over to Jerusalem was heresy and idolatry. (Acts 9:20)

Ben Masada

Just Who do you think Paul got his gospel from?

Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

It is the only gospel that is the power of God to save you! When will you trust the Lord by believing it 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV?

Paul got his gospel from the Hellenism of Greek Mythology. Yea, his gospel was after the Hellenistic doctrine of the demigod which is the son of a god with an earthly woman. (Acts 9:20) If Jesus revealed any thing to him, how come the Apostles of Jesus did not know it? When Paul applied to join the Apostles he was rejected under the pretext that he could not even be a disciple. (Acts 9:26) Weird, isn't
it?

I already trust the Lord as a member of the Faith of Jesus which was Judaism. The only power of God that saves man is obedience to the Law. Jesus himself implied with his parable of the Richman and Lazarus that the only way to be saved from hell-fire is by listening to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)

Aimiel

"You think" you posses eternal life.
Not me. I KNOW I possess eternal life. The Life lives in me. I am His Temple. God and Jesus, Who is The Holy Ghost, has taken up residence in my heart. No longer I live but Christ lives in me, both to will and to do His good pleasure.
Jesus does not endorse studying the scripture like most of you do, and so proud of doing it.
Actually, He does not only support studying Scripture, He wants us to speak it all the time...

Psalm 34:1
I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

Think about it all the time...

Psalm 119:148
Mine eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in thy word.

Jesus is The Living Word of God and He said He'd never leave us or forsake us. His Word is The True Manna that came from Heaven. We have REAL MEAT to eat when we do His Will. If we are His then His Word abides in us. His Word is alive. His Word empowers us and gives us the victory over hell, death and the grave. We are 'more than conquerors.' Do you know what that means? Think of a championship boxer. He goes in the ring. He defeats his opponent. He is the conqueror. He goes home. He gives the check to his wife. SHE is 'more than a conqueror.'

nodelink

Yea, all those characters you have mentioned above were Jews and their messages were indeed according to Judaism. The only thing you perhaps still don't know is that the gospels were not written by the Apostles of Jesus but by Hellenists probably former disciples of Paul. Jews would not write against their own Faith. Paul yes because he had ceased being a Jew when he founded Christianity in Antioch about 30 years after Jesus had been gone. (Acts 11:26)

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were prominent New Testament writers.

Luke was not a Jew and Luke wrote Gospel of Luke and Acts of the Apostles.

Mark was a disciple of Peter.

John was the Apostle John.

Matthew was the former publican tax collector who became an apostle.

"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts."

nodelink

Paul got his gospel from the Hellenism of Greek Mythology. Yea, his gospel was after the Hellenistic doctrine of the demigod which is the son of a god with an earthly woman. (Acts 9:20) If Jesus revealed any thing to him, how come the Apostles of Jesus did not know it? When Paul applied to join the Apostles he was rejected under the pretext that he could not even be a disciple. (Acts 9:26) Weird, isn't
it?

I already trust the Lord as a member of the Faith of Jesus which was Judaism. The only power of God that saves man is obedience to the Law. Jesus himself implied with his parable of the Richman and Lazarus that the only way to be saved from hell-fire is by listening to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)

Look at all the Scriptures. One proof-text is not enough. Jesus Christ was prophesied throughout the Old Testament. Some parts of the prophecies were fulfilled. Other parts of the prophecies remain to be filled in association with the return of the Messiah, King Jesus.

Are you perfect in your compliance to the law? I think not.

Do you follow all of the ceremonial laws including animal sacrifices and temple observances?

The Jewish temple was destroyed in 70 A.D. You can't do the temple observances.

How can sins be justly pardoned? God must be just and He must punish sin, even sins that are small and few if that could be in a deceitful human being.

God will be glorified in both vessels of justice as well as vessels of mercy.

Christ offered Himself on the cross as the perfect, atoning sacrifice for sin.

Nothing else but the blood of Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God, was sufficient to remove the guilt of even the smallest sin. 99% of perfection is not good enough to be justified in the sight of a Holy God.

Be humble, repent, believe and follow Jesus.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul got his gospel from the Hellenism of Greek Mythology.
Nope! Paul got it by direct revelation of Jesus Christ as the scripture saith (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV).
Yea, his gospel was after the Hellenistic doctrine of the demigod which is the son of a god with an earthly woman. (Acts 9:20)
Why do you blaspheme? Colossians 1:13-19 KJV
If Jesus revealed any thing to him, how come the Apostles of Jesus did not know it?
You don't think God can keep a secret? (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV)
When Paul applied to join the Apostles he was rejected under the pretext that he could not even be a disciple. (Acts 9:26) Weird, isn't
it?
Saul was a man who led the persecution against those of "this way" (Acts 9:1-2 KJV, Acts 22:4-5 KJV)/persecuted the church of God and wasted it (Galatians 1:13 KJV), consented unto the death of Stephen a man full of the Holy Ghost (Acts 8:1 KJV) disqualifying him for forgiveness under the kingdom program (Matthew 12:31-32 KJV), so yes, I would say that they were SHOCKED that he was a chosen vessel of the Lord as Paul being saved was something the Lord had never done before (1 Timothy 1:16 KJV)!
I already trust the Lord as a member of the Faith of Jesus which was Judaism.
Galatians 5:2 KJV
The only power of God that saves man is obedience to the Law.
You are dead wrong! The gospel of Christ is the power of God to save you!

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

It is the righteousness of God WITHOUT THE LAW and is upon all them that believe!

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Believe what? The gospel of Christ, that's what!

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Jesus himself implied with his parable of the Richman and Lazarus that the only way to be saved from hell-fire is by listening to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)
That's not our good news! The good news is that even though the wages of sin is death, Christ took the payoff! He paid the debt in full (Romans 6:23 KJV)!

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Trust the Lord believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)! It's your only hope!

Ben Masada

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were prominent New Testament writers.

Luke was not a Jew and Luke wrote Gospel of Luke and Acts of the Apostles.

Mark was a disciple of Peter.

John was the Apostle John.

Matthew was the former publican tax collector who became an apostle.

"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts."

Every thing is all right and I do agree with you, they were Jews except for Luke but they did not write the NT and again, except for Luke who wrote the third gospel and the book of Acts.

You are right that Matthew was a former publican tax collector but he did not write the gospel attributed to him. If you want a clear evidence of the fact, read Mat. 9:9. And so all the others. Evidences point to the fact that they did not write the gospels or letters attributed to them. Only Paul did his.

Ben Masada

Look at all the Scriptures. One proof-text is not enough. Jesus Christ was prophesied throughout the Old Testament. Some parts of the prophecies were fulfilled. Other parts of the prophecies remain to be filled in association with the return of the Messiah, King Jesus.

Quote just one for me. If I fail to tell you what it points to, I will join your church. The dead once dead will never return. Read Isa. 26:14; II Sam. 12:23; Job 10:21 and many more.

Are you perfect in your compliance to the law? I think not.

We don't have to. What we are expected is not to reject the Law. If we transgress the Law, we can always set things right with the Lord so that our sins from scarlet red become as white as snow. All we need is to repent, to repair and to return to the obedience of the Law. (Isa. 1:18,19)

Do you follow all of the ceremonial laws including animal sacrifices and temple observances?

We don't need them anymore. By the way, the Lord never commanded that sacrifices be part of the religion of Israel if you read Jer. 7:22.

The Jewish temple was destroyed in 70 A.D. You can't do the temple observances.

During 70 years of exile in Babylon we had no Temple and never a single sacrifice was made. Nevertheless, at the end of exile, our sins had been forgiven. (Dan. 9:24)

How can sins be justly pardoned? God must be just and He must punish sin, even sins that are small and few if that could be in a deceitful human being.

No, we punish ourselves according to the law of cause and effect.

God will be glorified in both vessels of justice as well as vessels of mercy.

Yes, through the law of cause and effect.

Christ offered Himself on the cross as the perfect, atoning sacrifice for sin.

Not according to the Prophets. If you read Jer. 31:30 and Ezek. 18:20, no one can die for the sins of another.

Nothing else but the blood of Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God, was sufficient to remove the guilt of even the smallest sin. 99% of perfection is not good enough to be justified in the sight of a Holy God.

All we need is to observe the Law. If we fail, there are ways to set things right with the Lord. (Isa. 1:18,19) Don't trust that the blood of another man will remove your guilt because you will be deeply disappointed.

Be humble, repent, believe and follow Jesus.

I already follow his Faith which was Judaism. What do you want me to do, to quit Jesus to follow the gospel of Paul? Thank you but no, thanks. I would not betray the Faith of my fellow Jew Jesus. Now, I rather urge that you should do exactly that: Quit Paul and follow Jesus.

Ben Masada

Nope! Paul got it by direct revelation of Jesus Christ as the scripture saith (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV).Why do you blaspheme? Colossians 1:13-19 KJV.

And we have only his word which was not worth believing. Regarding Col. 1:13-19, it is all about the gospel of Paul which has nothing to do with the Faith of Jesus which was Judaism.

Saul was a man who led the persecution against those of "this way" (Acts 9:1-2 KJV, Acts 22:4-5.

Paul never persecuted a single Christian. There is no Logic to this. One does not found a church to persecute the adepts. Paul was persecuting the Nazarenes, members of the "New Way" in the synagogues of the Jews. (Acts 9:1,2) "New Way" is a reference to the Sect of the Nazarenes.

Galatians 5:2 KJV You are dead wrong! The gospel of Christ is the power of God to save you!

The gospel of Jesus was Judaism. He was not a Christian.

It is the righteousness of God WITHOUT THE LAW and is upon all them that believe!

The righteousness of God is the Law.

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ.

The Faith of Jesus was Judaism.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

According to the Scriptures! Read Jer. 31:30 and Ezek. 18:20.

1 Cor. 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

According to the Scriptures! Read Isa. 26:14; II Sam. 12:23; and Job 10:21.

That's not our good news! The good news is that even though the wages of sin is death, Christ took the payoff! He paid the debt in full (Romans 6:23 KJV)!

Did you read Jer. 31:30 and Ezek. 18:20? No one can die for the sins of another.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Read Eccles. 7:20. "There has never been a man upon earth who has done only good and never sinned". Jesus was a man upon earth wasn't he? There! And if you believe Mat. 23:13-33, Jesus broke the Golden Rule more than several times.

Trust the Lord believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)! It's your only hope!

I already trust his gospel which was Judaism. He was not a Christian but a Jew whose Faith was Judaism.