Toxicity

Levolor

Take care of yourself and your son.
And if you would like to discuss your grieving process at some point, we are here for you.

Yes.

And GFR7, you'll be in my prayers. I'm sure many others do too and have just not said so.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am a widower struggling with an adult disabled son who is in and out of the hospital. I haven't healed and am quite deep in grief. Too depressed to respond to the rest now. :plain:
Such a terrible experience speaks to your conduct here. You must turn how you practice your grief to something more productive versus the sort of things you currently focus upon. Have you consulted your Pastor about counseling services?

AMR

IMJerusha

Such a terrible experience speaks to your conduct here. You must turn how you practice your grief to something more productive versus the sort of things you currently focus upon. Have you consulted your Pastor about counseling services?

AMR

Speaking of trying something more productive....

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4212602&postcount=181

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4212866&postcount=190

...perhaps you could?

The man has admitted to getting pastoral counseling and he has revealed his recent loss and hardship. Rather than find compassion in your heart, you choose to imply that the man was deceptive in conference with the pastor, throw into question the counseling he received and the denomination he received it from. What about that behavior is acceptable for a Chaplain? Tambora and Levolor reflected something/someOne you should have, and didn't.

IMJerusha

I am a widower struggling with an adult disabled son who is in and out of the hospital. I haven't healed and am quite deep in grief. Too depressed to respond to the rest now. :plain:

Please accept my condolences. Like Tambora and Levolor, I offer my hand in the love of Yeshua.

GFR7

Thanks IMJerusha, chrysostom, Res, Levolor, Mr. Religion.

Did not mean to be a problem and I appreciate your kindly thoughts and your patience; it's most appreciated.

I will try to be more temperant in my posting as well as in other areas.
Thank you again. :e4e:

Levolor

Thanks IMJerusha, chrysostom, Res, Levolor, Mr. Religion.

Did not mean to be a problem and I appreciate your kindly thoughts and your patience; it's most appreciated.

You are not a problem.

My email is always open.

With the love of Christ,
Levolor

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
I take it I found exception with someone you admire. Given we haven't interacted much it must be that. It must be...Nang?

Well thank you for the temper tantrum and the neg rep. I will endeavor to live past them.

You can see his Stripes, but you know he's Clean...

I see what you mean.

: P

=M=

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

And don't be so quick to feel the worst is thought of you simply because some take exception to the repetitive nature of the focus. I'm sorry for your difficulties. I'll endeavor not to add to them.

Jewels-PiXie

Thin Skinned VS Thick Skinned

Thin Skinned VS Thick Skinned

That's the second time someone has basically said that in order to be here, I need to develop a 'thick skin'
I'd rather not thank you, I like my thin skin, it's good to be sensitive (not over-sensitive) I founded & run a large arts collective for people with mental health struggles and we work on an ethos of kindness and paying it forward.
Rather than people advising me to grow a 'thick skin' I think a few people need to learn compassion , how to be kind and stop being hard, but find the softness in their hearts instead. :cloud9:

TOL is very different then other websites. By its very nature it tends to be a bit edgy. Those that send down roots and stay grow a thick skin. Thin skinned people don't last here. I hope you can adapt and we can get to know you better. When we get to know you better is when we put you in things like the women's club.

http://www.theologyonline.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I'm slightly disappointed that I have come across so much toxicity , mockery and trickery as a new member.
I have joined this site because I am curious , exploring and want to become more committed to God , but I find it really off-putting when some quite a few people seem to find it a joke or some kind of interview that I need to pass. I don't enjoy elitism and think we should treat each other as equals.
I'm just saying this because if this is the way new members usually get treated you are going to scare a lot away.:allsmile:

I have had the same experience, but not from everyone here. It's not easy for many of these posters to hear that they are not following Jesus very well. It's certainly true for me, at least.

If some were to actually be accountable for their cruelty and mockery, they might feel like their entire faith will crumble.

But that's just silliness.

Jesus has already told us Satan has been demoted and that God has already won. It's just a matter of having the self-confidence and avoiding the immature strategies and reactions we had as children.
And that's not an easy task for many believers.

I hope that you can discover that the anger and sarcasm that comes your way says way more about them that it does about you.

Jewels-PiXie

A pie in your face in return

A pie in your face in return

& here is an 'in your face' for you.
I find unkind people a sad thing.
So , thank you ignore list.

Welcome to the wonderful world of.....the world. Anyway, just a couple things: if you want to become more committed to God, you'll have to leave your extreme leftist platform behind which includes the belief that homosexuality is acceptable to God, abortion is okay and elitism is confined to right wingers, which it's not. Becoming more committed to God encompasses a more obedient heart and lifestyle and I'm not speaking of obedience to man but rather to God. If you submit yourself to God's Will as opposed to your own or man's, you'll eventually find what you're looking for. Hope that helps! :) BTW: regardless of what you do the world will still be the world....so, don't hold your breath or, as my son says, in your face!

Oh, welcome to TOL! :wave:

bybee

I'm so sorry. Take care of yourself as best you can. I keep you and your son in my prayers.

Jewels-PiXie

Music, The Ignore Button & Ignorance

Music, The Ignore Button & Ignorance

ooh! I love that track! Great choice and fitting of course :jump:

I was thinking that the 'ignore button was a joke' like when they tell painters & decorators to go and buy some tartan paint ;-)

If you need to know where it is , I'll tell you :cloud9:

No Way!

Are you serious! Did you seriously find the Ignore Button?!!

I thought that was a Joining Joke; like when you enter a new Place of Employment they will tell you something like, "Go look in the Basement for the Sugar": however, there is no basement there...

I fell for that once, and started going on Smoke Breaks instead... : P

Oh well, Though.

=M=

Yes, I'm going to play the SOAD "Music Video", you all thought I was going to Play...

==================================

MUSIC!!!

Toxicity - System of a Down

( as an Example of, "Toxicity". )

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
So , thank you ignore list.
What is it about refraining from judgement of others and loving our enemies has these folks' shorts in a wad?

What is so hard about remembering Jesus telling us to love our neighbors as ourselves?

These sorts of believers cannot give love yet because they were taught not how to receive love themselves. And their own Heaven/Hell Christianity demands of them a posture of ill will, bigotry, hypocrisy and a biblical illiteracy that borders on the absurd.

One can post, post away the open-hearted compassion straight from Jesus' mouth. But it seldom does much good, as I have discovered.

Jewels-PiXie

Thank you :)

Thank you :)

Thank you for that welcome :) :surf:

Hiya JP. When I first arrived I was yelled at and neg rep'd as I hit the ground posting. :chuckle: AB and a few others convinced me to stick around and I'm glad that I did. It's easy at first to only hear the negative and loud, but if you give yourself time to acclimate and get a sense of things you may be surprised at the number of intelligent, thoughtful and warm people you'll meet here.

Many of those will, often as not, strongly disagree with you on things of real importance. A good rule of thumb in quickly sizing up who is what? When someone who doesn't know you and doesn't evidence an attempt to understand you begins to pigeon hole you, declaring your position and motivation in terms that are contrary to how you think and who you are, they're the sort to move on from.

Some people view discourse as mostly a series of pauses before they get to speak again. What you say in those pauses doesn't interest them unless they can use it.

Good luck and welcome. :) :cheers:

Onto other business:

Again, a king doesn't have to tell you he's a king. Of course he might, but not generally. You're also a bit high strung and frequently appear to see as hostile what isn't offered in that spirit. We've had conversations on the point, you may recall.

Just so. I'm an proselytizing rationalist...it's been slow going, evangelically speaking. :)

If you don't I will. :D

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Hang in there Leftist. You'll be ok.

"We don't look down on people. We look down on values." ~ Dennis Prager Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10
Unfortunately, looking down on the values of conservative Christians and Muslims shows a hysterical support of violence, patriarchy, bigotry, hypocrisy, other-worldliness and elitism.

And these people act so put upon and victgimized when they discover that the rest of our global culture will no longer accept or encourage thier behavior.

Alexa

That's the second time someone has basically said that in order to be here, I need to develop a 'thick skin'
I'd rather not thank you, I like my thin skin, it's good to be sensitive (not over-sensitive) I founded & run a large arts collective for people with mental health struggles and we work on an ethos of kindness and paying it forward.
Rather than people advising me to grow a 'thick skin' I think a few people need to learn compassion , how to be kind and stop being hard, but find the softness in their hearts instead. :cloud9:
What a wonderful message! and i agree rather than becoming hardened by all the negativity around one should foster kindness and teach the value of compassion. Thank you and please don't change... this world needs more people like you.

PureX

Yes. People who show others "God's love" as humiliation and control clearly have never been shown God's love, themselves. All they've been shown is humiliation and control (authoritarianism) masquerading as God's love. And that is very sad, indeed.