Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebenz hits it out of the park.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    It's common sense. People must accept responsibility for their own bad behavior.
    What bad behavior? And who are you to be passing judgment on everyone else's behavior? Have you never made a mistake? Have you never been caught up by circumstance? Are there no such things as mistakes or unforeseen circumstances in your world view? Or are you just claiming that there should NEVER BE? That we humans should always know in advance what will befall us if we do this or that? Because this seems to be what you're blaming people for … not knowing what they can't or don't know.
    … people are unable to recognize wrong behavior when they see it. They make excuses for it and feel sorry for those who pay any price for their own wrong choices.
    Ah! But YOU are able to recognize it, and so are able to pass judgment on them, for it.

Yet how can you hold them accountable when you already know they couldn't see it? That's both mean AND irrational!

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by PureX View Post
    What bad behavior? And who are you to be passing judgment on everyone else's behavior? Have you never made a mistake? Have you never been caught up by circumstance? Are there no such things as mistakes or unforeseen circumstances in your world view? Or are you just claiming that there should NEVER BE? That we humans should always know in advance what will befall us if we do this or that? Because this seems to be what you're blaming people for not knowing what they can't or don't know.
    Ah! But YOU are able to recognize it, and so are able to pass judgment on them, for it.

Yet how can you hold them accountable when you already know they couldn't see it? That's both mean AND irrational!
    Spot on!

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,348 Times in 3,267 Posts

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    so it appears that purex and bybee are arguing that a poor poor college women shouldn't be expected to know that acting like a slut, stripping and giving lap dances at frat parties, drinking to excess and taking drugs just might posssibly increase her risk of getting raped

because woman are inherently morons, apparently

Thanks
    Thanked 14,245 Times in 11,344 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    so it appears that purex and bybee are arguing that a poor poor college women shouldn't be expected to know that acting like a slut, stripping and giving lap dances at frat parties, drinking to excess and taking drugs just might posssibly increase her risk of getting raped

But real people in real life can handle their drugs and alcohol while maintaining common sense and decency right ? A girl getting naked and drunk with drunk men should be a normal and safe interaction.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    But real people in real life can handle their drugs and alcohol while maintaining common sense and decency right ? A girl getting naked and drunk with drunk men should be a normal and safe interaction.

but wait - if the drunken slut stripping for the drunken pigs gets raped, hasn't her "honor" been violated?

Thanks
    Thanked 25,113 Times in 12,712 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What bad behavior? And who are you to be passing judgment on everyone else's behavior? Have you never made a mistake? Have you never been caught up by circumstance? Are there no such things as mistakes or unforeseen circumstances in your world view? Or are you just claiming that there should NEVER BE? That we humans should always know in advance what will befall us if we do this or that? Because this seems to be what you're blaming people for not knowing what they can't or don't know.

Well, sue me. I believe there is a RIGHT and WRONG. I've done plenty of bad things (knowing full well I shouldn't be doing them), and when I went ahead and did them, I knew I deserved to pay a price for what I'd done. Just because I didn't always have to suffer for my bad behavior, doesn't mean I'm going to lie and say I had done nothing wrong. Like most normal people, I realize that I have a responsibility for every decision I make. It's the way I was raised.....admit when you do wrong. Don't try to pretend to be blameless. Simple common sense.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

LoneStar (April 22nd, 2016),Tambora (April 22nd, 2016)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well, sue me. I believe there is a RIGHT and WRONG. I've done plenty of bad things (knowing full well I shouldn't be doing them), and when I went ahead and did them,

I knew I deserved to pay a price for what I'd done

. Just because I didn't always have to suffer for my bad behavior, doesn't mean I'm going to lie and say I had done nothing wrong. Like most normal people, I realize that I have a responsibility for every decision I make. It's the way I was raised.....admit when you do wrong. Don't try to pretend to be blameless. Simple common sense.

maybe if you cut that out and tape it to a baseball bat you can beat some sense into some people here

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe if you cut that out and tape it to a baseball bat you can beat some sense into some people here
    Nope, it wouldn't do a bit of good.

So, what do liberals and so many women have in common?

Yep, they let their emotions get the better of their common sense.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, sue me. I believe there is a RIGHT and WRONG. I've done plenty of bad things (knowing full well I shouldn't be doing them), and when I went ahead and did them, I knew I deserved to pay a price for what I'd done. Just because I didn't always have to suffer for my bad behavior, doesn't mean I'm going to lie and say I had done nothing wrong. Like most normal people, I realize that I have a responsibility for every decision I make. It's the way I was raised.....admit when you do wrong. Don't try to pretend to be blameless. Simple common sense.
    Actually, it's not common sense at all; any more than wearing fancy clothes means one deserves to be robbed, or having dark skin means one is likely to be a criminal. Just because you don't like people wearing fancy clothes doesn't mean they deserve to be robbed. Yet that's exactly what you're trying to maintain, here. You don't like women who display their sexuality, so you think they deserve to be raped for it.

And that's just a disgustingly selfish and mean-spirited position to take toward any other human being. Yet you, and others, here, are so spiritually ignorant that you don't even see it.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, it's not common sense at all; any more than wearing fancy clothes means one deserves to be robbed, or having dark skin means one is likely to be a criminal. Just because you don't like people wearing fancy clothes doesn't mean they deserve to be robbed. Yet that's exactly what you're trying to maintain, here. You don't like women who display their sexuality, so you think they deserve to be raped for it.

And that's just a disgustingly selfish and mean-spirited position to take toward any other human being. Yet you, and others, here, are so spiritually ignorant that you don't even see it.
    It has nothing to do with what I like or don't like. I have no problem with anyone wearing fancy clothes. But if they want to flaunt them in Harlem in the dark of night, they deserve whatever they get.

I have no problem with women displaying their "sexuality". But if they choose to flaunt their sexuality in front of a bunch of men, they deserve whatever they get.

My opinion of someone's behavior has nothing to do with it. The fact is.... God has said certain behavior is WRONG, and deserves to be punished. It's a mercy when we happen to skate while doing something we know is WRONG. God gave us all a conscience so we have NO EXCUSE.

It's amazing how many people have no concept of right and wrong.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they aren't, they're doing a good job pretending to be.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

I wonder what kind of a childhood would produce such an attitude?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bybee View Post
    I wonder what kind of a childhood would produce such an attitude?
    Oh, now we go there, do we? Did you sit at the feet of that amateur psychologist that just got banned? He would have been proud of you.

Too bad you don't have any info about my mom, dad, or husband cause you'd be able to go after them like you did Res. You're going to have to start making things up again so you can keep your mad on.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has nothing to do with what I like or don't like. I have no problem with anyone wearing fancy clothes. But if they want to flaunt them in Harlem in the dark of night, they deserve whatever they get.
    How do you know they are "flaunting" them? And why does "flaunting" deserve punishment, in your mind?
    I have no problem with women displaying their "sexuality". But if they choose to flaunt their sexuality in front of a bunch of men, they deserve whatever they get.
    Again, what does "flaunting" have to do with anything? Why is "flaunting" such a terrible thing in your mind that woman deserve to be raped for it???
    My opinion of someone's behavior has nothing to do with it. The fact is.... God has said certain behavior is WRONG, and deserves to be punished.
    It is your opinion that "God has said this". So, yes, this IS YOUR OPINION. And you should take responsibility for it. You seem to be real keen on forcing responsibility on everyone else, how about you taking some responsibility for yourself!
    It's amazing how many people have no concept of right and wrong.
    Everyone has a concept of right and wrong. They just don't all share YOUR concept of right and wrong. Nor is there any reason that they should, since you are just you, and you are not God. Nor are your opinions about God and what you think God says and thinks anyone else's responsibility to believe.

So in effect, the reason you want to see those women raped for "flaunting" their sexuality is because they don't believe in your concept of right and wrong. And that's just plain selfish and mean-spirited of you. And yet you can't even see this, in yourself. So what right do you have passing judgment on others, when you can't even take responsibility for your own ignorance and flawed character?

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent post! Thank you!

Thread Information