Thanks
    Thanked 9,369 Times in 7,055 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Sherman's Pick 11-15-2015

Lon knocks it out of the park. Purex's pitch is just crushed by Lon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PureX View Post
    I'm going to keep correcting this myth, whenever I see it. Christians do not give more generously, because they demand things in return for what they give. Mostly, they demand the pretense that the recipient is 'towing the Christian line' on how to think, and how act, and how to live.
    I provided links. You?

Christians don't give to the poor, they pay the poor to listen to Christian sermons, and say Christian prayers, and act grateful to the Christian God. And if they don't pretend to repent, they get cut off. That isn't 'giving'. That's buying.
    Gossip is a sin. Trying to make your erroneous impressions vocal as if they are fact is a sin. You are flat-out, sinning against God and His church. The Salvation Army is an evangelical institution. The foodbank I work at is evangelical. The rescue mission is evangelical....

After that, if you think that sharing Christ with a person isn't what is best for people, you are no Christian and should change your moniker.

Christians don't really "give" to others at all. They buy control over others, and call it "giving".
    This is hate. "Give me your food and $ but shut up because I don't want to hear your garbage and I don't respect you for saying something with the money and food I'm taking from you regardless." Bitter-much? You sound like a flamer.

I have a right to tell you that Jesus Christ changed my heart in such a way that it makes other people important, in hopes 1) that you will have the greatest thing and Person in your life that has happened in mine, and 2) so that you will understand why I out-give all others.

You are frankly, crazy, to think 'no-strings-attached' somehow removes the sacrifice of out-giving all others in our time, talents, and money. Flat out crazy... and a liar. You are making a blanket statement in bitterness that isn't true. I have never 'preached' at people at the foodbank. There is a devotion at the beginning but people that don't want to hear that come afterwards. They don't 'have' to stay and hear that. We are trying, however, to give them water that one would never thirst again. Again, you should REALLY re-think your 'christian (other)' description if you hate the beautiful saving message of Jesus Christ.

If I take care of only your immediate physical need and neglect your greater spiritual need, what's the point? It is BECAUSE we adamantly believe that a person's need is Jesus, that we confess Him before men. Matthew 10:33 If you keep it up, you are not going to make it Purex.

The Troll Shredder--Brrrtttttt!

June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? More like tolerate perversity.

Thanks
    Thanked 37,400 Times in 23,260 Posts

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Congrats Lon.

Are you about protecting truth, or protecting feelings?

Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 11,902 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good post and good pick.

Resident Rocket Surgeon rocketman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,101 Posts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! Great post Lon...this is POTY material.

Is there a future Hall Of Famer in our midst?
    The winner of the 2011 Truthsmacker of the Year Award

Help Take Back Our Country from Washington D.C.. with the Convention of States

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another great post by Lon.

Well done.
    αξιον εστιν το αρνιον
    Worthy is the Lamb

Thread Information