User Tag List

Page 69 of 79 FirstFirst ... 195966676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1184

Thread: Conversation with Knight about losing faith

  1. #1021
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    23,756
    Thanks
    3,337
    Thanked 8,281 Times in 6,158 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147763
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    It's hard to respond to that because it is not based on reality or facts.
    i find mocking effective

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    God's Truth (February 3rd, 2019)

  3. #1022
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    39,065
    Thanks
    2,068
    Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,522 Posts

    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    Have you been banned by TH on it?
    I think he had something to do with my current ban.
    He did for sure though warn me not too long ago.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  4. #1023
    TOL Legend Arthur Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    15,368
    Thanks
    9,316
    Thanked 7,305 Times in 4,898 Posts

    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147757
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    I think he had something to do with my current ban.
    He did for sure though warn me not too long ago.
    A warning isn't the same as a ban and if you were warned there was likely reason for it. You've had plenty on here haven't you?
    Well this is fun isn't it?


  5. #1024
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    39,065
    Thanks
    2,068
    Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,522 Posts

    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    A warning isn't the same as a ban and if you were warned there was likely reason for it. You've had plenty on here haven't you?
    It doesn't mean it was right.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  6. #1025
    TOL Legend Arthur Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    15,368
    Thanks
    9,316
    Thanked 7,305 Times in 4,898 Posts

    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147757
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    It doesn't mean it was right.
    Doesn't mean it was wrong either.
    Well this is fun isn't it?


  7. #1026
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    20,452
    Thanks
    3,651
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 4,606 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147828
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    It's hard to respond to that because it is not based on reality or facts.
    Well that's just not true, which is a peculiar thing to have to say to someone with truth in here username.

    In any event, let's see about your latest complaint.

    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    I'm a mod on another site who hasn't issued an infraction or ban.
    Completely and objectively true. Produce any contrary evidence or this goes against your assertion.

    I have given a couple of warnings though.
    Also verifiably true. Fewer than five, more than one. Produce any contrary evidence or this goes against your assertion.

    Pate, most recently, who decided to stomp around in a hello thread, was given a public warning by me.
    Yep. He entered a "hello" thread and, after the second negative comment was given a public warning by me. No infraction, no ban.

    It went like this: "That's enough, Pate. If you can't operate in the spirit of the hello thread leave it to those who can. Consider this a warning."

    Produce any contrary evidence or this goes against your assertion.

    He knew better.
    Well, I'm giving him credit for that one.

    And I sometimes defend people who are taking shots that seem needless or ungrounded. You gave this "hotshot" a pos rep for doing just that.
    Also true.

    Midchlorian had taken a shot at you saying that your comment was something he'd have expected from a five year old. I said he must know some interesting five year olds, vocabulary wise. You gave that one a "love/heart" response. See: post 66 of that thread, from Thursday.

    Also, you gave me a "like" in response to my conversation with Hazard back on Dec. 9 (just went and looked it up). Post 109 Can This Young Man Enter Heaven.

    You aren't the only one I've done that for, but that's enough support.

    Didn't actually do the first and sanitariums were for people with chronic physical conditions, like TB.
    I never said anyone had OCD. That's an actual disorder. Sod has impulse issues, but it's not about his inability to control his tongue. It's about him being a bad guy. Look up the definition of sanitarium. It is as proffered.

    The point of that was to deal with someone like you, who would go off half cocked for personal reasons, though I thought it would have been glory.
    Also true. It was meant for glory.

    So the only thing you could dispute factually would be this last point.

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    I think he had something to do with my current ban.
    I had nothing to do with your current ban, but it explains what's going on with you. You should have simply asked. I'd have had a conversation about the choice you made in how to respond to someone who was trying to adjust your approach WITHOUT infraction and ban.

    He did for sure though warn me not too long ago.
    That one I don't remember. When and where was that? I recall having a long, private conversation that was entirely civil. Too bad you couldn't trust that and simply ask me about it.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  8. #1027
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    39,065
    Thanks
    2,068
    Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,522 Posts

    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    Doesn't mean it was wrong either.
    Of course that is what it means.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  9. #1028
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    39,065
    Thanks
    2,068
    Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,522 Posts

    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Well that's just not true, which is a peculiar thing to have to say to someone with truth in here username.
    Why, because you say so?

    You have not ever found any lie from me.
    I think your name fits you though.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  10. #1029
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    39,065
    Thanks
    2,068
    Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,522 Posts

    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post

    Completely and objectively true. Produce any contrary evidence or this goes against your assertion.

    Also verifiably true. Fewer than five, more than one. Produce any contrary evidence or this goes against your assertion.

    Pate, most recently, who decided to stomp around in a hello thread, was given a public warning by me.
    Yep. He entered a "hello" thread and, after the second negative comment was given a public warning by me. No infraction, no ban.

    It went like this: "That's enough, Pate. If you can't operate in the spirit of the hello thread leave it to those who can. Consider this a warning."


    Produce any contrary evidence or this goes against your assertion.
    What you say is not based on reality or facts.
    You have something against my screen name because it has ‘truth’ in it. Why don’t you back off? You have a problem with people picking names of God?

    You want me to like you and your name because you are a heretic and so chose that name?
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  11. #1030
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    39,065
    Thanks
    2,068
    Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,522 Posts

    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Yep. He entered a "hello" thread and, after the second negative comment was given a public warning by me. No infraction, no ban.
    It went like this: "That's enough, Pate. If you can't operate in the spirit of the hello thread leave it to those who can. Consider this a warning."

    Produce any contrary evidence or this goes against your assertion.
    Who are you to warn someone that were obviously abused by another?
    How about give a little understanding to someone who suffered falsely by the person you want to give a warm welcome? How about since you are such a righteous judge, where were you when he was getting wrongly banned in the first place?
    Last edited by God's Truth; February 3rd, 2019 at 07:15 PM.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  12. #1031
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    39,065
    Thanks
    2,068
    Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,522 Posts

    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post

    And I sometimes defend people who are taking shots that seem needless or ungrounded. You gave this "hotshot" a pos rep for doing just that.
    Also true.

    Midchlorian had taken a shot at you saying that your comment was something he'd have expected from a five year old. I said he must know some interesting five year olds, vocabulary wise. You gave that one a "love/heart" response. See: post 66 of that thread, from Thursday.
    You didn’t threaten to ban him.
    By the way, you should have stood up for me.


    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post

    Also, you gave me a "like" in response to my conversation with Hazard back on Dec. 9 (just went and looked it up). Post 109 Can This Young Man Enter Heaven.

    You aren't the only one I've done that for, but that's enough support.
    What does all that have to do with you threatening people that shouldn’t be threatened?
    Last edited by God's Truth; February 3rd, 2019 at 07:15 PM.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  13. #1032
    Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,583
    Thanks
    562
    Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,961 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    604101
    That's the weirdest looking forum I have ever seen.
    Even in the very best of situations, voting is still an unmitigated failure. The fact that any simple majority of individuals (mob) can determine an outcome that adversely affects the minority (mob rule) is against all natural rights. In the United State today, all who vote harm others so that they might benefit. By voting, they are also sanctioning theft of private property at the point of a gun, and the redistribution of that property to those who did not earn it.

  14. #1033
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    39,065
    Thanks
    2,068
    Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,522 Posts

    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Didn't actually do the first and sanitariums were for people with chronic physical conditions, like TB.
    I never said anyone had OCD. That's an actual disorder. Sod has impulse issues, but it's not about his inability to control his tongue. It's about him being a bad guy. Look up the definition of sanitarium. It is as proffered.
    You shouldn’t use OCD as a snarky joke. As for sanitarium, I like what some people said about it.

    “ I suppose the 2 names did overlap for a period of time, Asylum being the older of the 2 terms clung longer to state run or publicly funded hospitals. Sanitarium being the newer, more scientific and less stigmatized name (at the time) gained a brief connotation of referring to facilities that were newer, respite treatment focused and catering to the wealthy "eccentric" more so than the common "psychotic". (Hint, often there's no difference in those terms either... just in their pocketbook.)”


    “They’re both somewhat outdated terms for a mental hospital. The difference is that an Asylum usually refers to a state run facility, while a Sanitarium is privately run. Although there is some overlap between the two terms.
    As for all the people saying that it refers to a TB hospital. True, that may be where the term began. However there are (or were) many examples of Sanitariums that were dedicated mental health institutions.”

    Regardless, I guess you get to make fun of people for their tragedy when it suits you.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  15. #1034
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    39,065
    Thanks
    2,068
    Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,522 Posts

    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    That's the weirdest looking forum I have ever seen.
    Have you gotten any better over the years?

    I remember trying to open up about myself here and you ridiculed me.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  16. #1035
    Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,583
    Thanks
    562
    Thanked 3,099 Times in 1,961 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    604101
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Have you gotten any better over the years?

    I remember trying to open up about myself here and you ridiculed me.
    Um, I dont recall that....

    Actually my post was just general conversation. I thought you were just linking it as it pertained to Town....I wasn't attacking anything seriously....sorry for offending you.
    Even in the very best of situations, voting is still an unmitigated failure. The fact that any simple majority of individuals (mob) can determine an outcome that adversely affects the minority (mob rule) is against all natural rights. In the United State today, all who vote harm others so that they might benefit. By voting, they are also sanctioning theft of private property at the point of a gun, and the redistribution of that property to those who did not earn it.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to drbrumley For Your Post:

    God's Truth (February 3rd, 2019)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us