Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Re: Hell's Daily Arrivals

-
    Luke 16:24-26 . . Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue, for I am in agony in this flame. But Abraham said: Between us and you there is a great chasm fixed, so that those who wish to come over from here to you will not be able, and that none may cross over from there to us.

It's easy to imagine that the "great chasm" is something like the Grand Canyon; but in reality the distance across can't be all that far otherwise Abraham and the rich man couldn't speak to one another. It seems likely to me that the chasm Abraham spoke of is a sort of crevasse, i.e. a bottomless fissure just wide enough to prevent pedestrians.

Anyway, point being: I'm heaven-bound; but I'm not so sure of many of my friends, relatives, and associates. If they fail to make the cut, I'm crossing my fingers that there will be some way that I can contact them in the afterlife after we've all passed on. It deeply saddens me to think there's a possibility I might not be allowed to see any of them ever again until the day of our final good-byes during the event planned for Rev 20:11-15.

Netherworld Update: 873 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 52,687,296 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.

/

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-
    The apostle Paul expended quite a bit of time, energy, and writer's ink persuading Christ's believing followers that it's impossible to obtain heaven by means of compliance with the Ten Commandments. He didn't succeed; not with everyone. People still refused to believe him even though he claimed to have received his information straight from the horse's mouth.

Gal 1:11-13 . . For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

However, though it is impossible to obtain heaven by means of compliance with the Ten Commandments, it is essential to comply with them in order to stay in heaven; not just the Ten only, but all of God's commandments. And one's compliance cannot be spotty, it has to be flawless.

So; what's the secret to this apparent Catch-22?

The secret is found in a promise that God made to His people back in the Old Testament.

Ezek 36:26-27 . . I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit into you: I will remove the heart of stone from your body and give you a tender heart; and I will put My spirit into you. Thus I will cause you to follow My laws and faithfully to observe My rules.

An "heart of flesh" would normally be regarded in modern Sunday school classes as a bad thing. Here in Ezekiel, flesh is juxtaposed with stone to indicate that God is talking about tenderness; which can be defined as gentleness, kindness, sensitivity, and deep affection; i.e. the warm, softer emotions.

A heart of stone is cold and dead, like those massive granite monoliths in Yosemite Valley. They feel not the slightest pity for climbers who lose their grip and fall. Nope, those big rocks just go on like nothing ever happened; silent, indifferent, unconcerned, non grieving, non compassionate, and unsympathetic; i.e. they feel nothing: nothing at all.

Bottom line: Seeing as how love is essential to proper compliance with the Ten Commandments; then the thoughtless, the callous, and the insensitive would be shut out of heaven forever and ever were it not for Ezek 36:26-27.

Watch as I deliberately paraphrase the following passages. Though the texts aren't verbatim quotes from the Bible; the message the paraphrases convey is spot-on.

"I assure you: unless hard-hearted people are born again, they can never see the Kingdom of God." (John 3:3)

"Don't be surprised at my statement that the uncivil must undergo a birth performed by the hand of God." (John 3:7)

Note that the birth performed by the hand of God, about which Jesus spoke, isn't optional; it's a must.

Netherworld Update: 876 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 52,868,352 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.

/

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

During the 16th century, an Italian man named Niccolò Machiavelli wrote a political treatise titled: The Prince. It's main theme is how to get power, and once you've got it; how to keep it.

The book's instructions apply to all forms of power whether in business, in government, the military, the mafioso, school boards, investment banking, and even religion and church management practices.

You might be surprised at the number and variety of famous, respectable people who've been influenced by The Prince, not only in the past, but right up to the very present. Machiavelli's book, like Sun Tzu's book The Art Of War, is timeless.

However; there's a hitch. Machiavelli's ideas work best when employed by monsters, i.e. sociopaths: because it's necessary to sacrifice integrity and conscience to make them work; i.e. it's necessary to become cruel, inhumane, and thoroughly indifferent to the principles of trust, loyalty, and honesty.

The word "Machiavellian" is in Webster's defined as: marked by cunning, duplicity, or bad faith, i.e. not guided by, or showing a concern for, what is right in respect to social norms and acceptable behavior.

In other words: it's not what's right that counts with Machiavellian personalities; it's what works, viz: they practice a sort of moral flexibility.

The Bible describes heaven as a place of peace. I think it goes without saying that Machiavellian personalities are not allowed there. For one, they would make heaven unbearable for the decent folk. For another, they would not fit in. And for another, their way of life would just end up turning heaven into another Earth.

Netherworld Update: 991 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 59,808,8352 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.
    _

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lev 24:10-12 . . And the son of an Israelitish woman, whose father was an Egyptian, went out among the children of Israel: and this son of the Israelitish woman and a man of Israel strove together in the camp; and the Israelitish woman's son blasphemed the name of The Lord, and cursed.

. . . And they brought him unto Moses: (and his mother's name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan) And they put him in ward, that the mind of The Lord might be showed them.

That incident is a pretty good illustration of the current purpose of the fiery sector of hades. It's a place to hold people till the day when the mind of the Lord will be shown concerning them.

Rev 20:13. . Death and hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done.

NOTE: Rev 20:13 is a record of things that the apostle John saw in the future; which means they're on the way, and only a matter of time now when they'll be seen in the present by everyone.

Netherworld Update: 994 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 59,989,888 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.
    _

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The six days of creation are all bounded by evenings and mornings. The seventh day is not bounded, i.e. the seventh day is an on-going day; viz: God is still on sabbatical and hasn't created anything new for the current cosmos since the end of the sixth day.

So then, babies are nothing new; they're just multiples of the one soul that God created from dust per Gen 1:26-28 and Gen 2:7.

"In Adam, all die" (1Cor 15:22)

Well, all die because all were effected when God doomed Adam to die for eating the forbidden fruit; viz: it only stands to reason that if Adam was doomed to die, then of course the entire human race would automatically be doomed to die too, i.e. kill a tree's root, and all it's branches will wither. If each person were an individual creation from dust, then Adam's fall would've been his alone and no one else's.

The upside to this situation is that Adam's sin wasn't a sin unto hell. The prescribed consequence is simply mortality. (Gen 2:16-17, Gen 3:19)

Netherworld Update: 1003 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 60,533,056 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.
    _
    Last edited by WeberHome; July 29th, 2018 at 05:56 PM.

Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,231 Times in 4,837 Posts

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This thread sure would make good bedtime story material for children...

Well this is fun isn't it?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Former US President George H.W. Bush passed away November 30, 2018 at age 94. The media couldn't say enough good about Mr. Bush; day after day the papers, the television, the magazines, the op eds, and the radio talk shows were filled with accolades about how wonderful he was as a man, a father, a humanitarian, and a political leader.

Well; in my estimation, all that flap and rhetoric was little more than a red herring as I couldn't help but wonder what Almighty God thought of the man; and of the people who spoke and wrote so much about him.

John 5:44 . . How can you believe if you accept praise from one another, yet make no effort to obtain the praise that comes from the only God?

Netherworld Update: 1167 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 70,430,784 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since October 30, 2015.
    _

Thread Information