Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: both in one Body by the cross

Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 12,649 Posts

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe the fellowship of the mystery is necessarily about grace believers getting along, but rather the fellowship of the twain that were made one by the mystery

Eph 3
    6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    You're too literal to get it.
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (March 31st, 2016),heir (March 30th, 2016),musterion (March 30th, 2016),Tambora (August 6th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,896 Times in 6,050 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    I don't believe the fellowship of the mystery is necessarily about grace believers getting along, but rather the fellowship of the twain that were made one by the mystery

Eph 3
    6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
    Yes! Thank you!
    2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to heir For Your Post:

Tambora (August 6th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    Lol; I take it you've not been reading my posts.
    I know what you don't seeing you refuse to see the distinction between the mystery of Christ and of the gospel and of the two Gentiles. I think it's time you join Paul in making all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery. Don't you?
    Last edited by heir; March 30th, 2016 at 05:28 PM.
    2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to heir For Your Post:

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,871 Times in 2,894 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heir View Post
    I know what you don't seeing you refuse to see the distinction between the mystery of Christ and of the gospel and of the two Gentiles. I think it's time you join Paul in making all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery. Don't you?

Sometime ago, while visiting a Grace assembly, when I mentioned where I was from, I was right away warned to stay away from so and so (another Grace Pastor).

What I heard that day about this other Pastor was what I knew to be lies.

All because some insist others must subscribe to their view or find themselves ostracized by their supposed own.

Obviously, I've had my share of "the key to peace" that preaching Christ as Paul did is supposed to enable.

I've learned something from all those poor showings of Grace...

Given the great amount of differing information I am sure you and I each look at those things from, we will differ on your above and other things.

And I am fine with that. You are where you are; I, where I am.

I, for one, cannot subscribe to another holding a view I hold to just because I hold to said view.

I can bring it up; point it out; attempt to explore it, or what have you; but at the end of the day, I remain resolved that each embrace what they embrace only because they have been fully persuaded in their own mind about it.

Personally, I find I learn more from the opposition from this perspective than being insistent might allow.

I am fine with that.

The best to you in this, sis.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 800 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He made of twain one new man

...at the cross
    One lavished upon in the Beloved
    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/blog.php?u=10603

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Totton Linnet View Post

...at the cross
    Tottten, I pray you are well.

To begin this one of twain at Acts 2 is off-base.

One ends up with half a man until Acts 10 SUPPOSEDLY.

For Acts 10 is also not where this one of twain began.

Thing is, and this is a point that many within all camps, including Mid-Acts, often overlook - that there are principles that apply both as to Israel as well as to the Body, but that apply, differently as to each.

Fail to keep this "same principle, different in application" rule of thumb ever in mind, and we end up seeing things that are not actually the same as being the same.

Other times its' equally treacherous waters is that of things that only appear to differ; that actually are the same.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Danoh For Your Post:

Right Divider (April 1st, 2016)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Totton Linnet View Post

...at the cross
    It doesn't say that.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heir For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (March 31st, 2016),Tambora (August 6th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    Sometime ago, while visiting a Grace assembly, when I mentioned where I was from, I was right away warned to stay away from so and so (another Grace Pastor).

What I heard that day about this other Pastor was what I knew to be lies.

All because some insist others must subscribe to their view or find themselves ostracized by their supposed own.

Obviously, I've had my share of "the key to peace" that preaching Christ as Paul did is supposed to enable.

I've learned something from all those poor showings of Grace...

Given the great amount of differing information I am sure you and I each look at those things from, we will differ on your above and other things.

And I am fine with that. You are where you are; I, where I am.

I, for one, cannot subscribe to another holding a view I hold to just because I hold to said view.

I can bring it up; point it out; attempt to explore it, or what have you; but at the end of the day, I remain resolved that each embrace what they embrace only because they have been fully persuaded in their own mind about it.

Personally, I find I learn more from the opposition from this perspective than being insistent might allow.

I am fine with that.

The best to you in this, sis.
    I see you making a lot of excuses as to why you won't believe the truth. You blame a lot on this grace assembly's attitude or that one. It reminds me of the excuse a so called atheist uses to deny the Lord. Stop airing dirty laundry with your slanderous reports and get on with making all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heir For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (March 31st, 2016),Tambora (August 6th, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,583 Times in 22,522 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's too bad there's only a few of us who see it here.
    Yep.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

heir (May 10th, 2016),Tambora (August 6th, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see you making a lot of excuses as to why you won't believe the truth. You blame a lot on this grace assembly's attitude or that one. It reminds me of the excuse a so called atheist uses to deny the Lord. Stop airing dirty laundry with your slanderous reports and get on with making all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery.
    Amen!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's interesting that this verse is in there,

to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery (Ephesians 3:9 KJV)

It seems that this doctrine is one that is passed on through teaching rather than just solo study. I was taught it, and I saw it. Sister heir was taught it, and she saw it.

It has been a huge eye opener for both of us, and I think that is why we talk about it every chance we get!
    I love the preaching of Heir. She preaches Paul's Gospel to the hilt.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

heir (May 10th, 2016),SaulToPaul (March 31st, 2016),Tambora (August 6th, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glorydaz is another equal to Heir and preaches Paul's Gospel. STP as well. Thank God for these warriors of the truth.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 12,649 Posts

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The gospel is, indeed, the most important thing.

But, I would say that among MAD believers, maybe 3% agree with heir, Nick, and me about who the two groups were.
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    You're too literal to get it.
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 800 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't say that.
    For He is our peace who hath made both one [Jews and Gentiles] and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us

Having abolished in His flesh [at the cross] he enmity, even the of commandments contained in ordinances for to make in Himself of twain one new man. So making peace

And that H might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross having slain the enmity thereby.
    One lavished upon in the Beloved
    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/blog.php?u=10603

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The gospel is, indeed, the most important thing.

But, I would say that among MAD believers, maybe 3% agree with heir, Nick, and me about who the two groups were.
    Yep. And that is your perogative until you see otherwise.

And seeing otherwise boils down to one's approach to studying a thing out.

It is obvious to me that you and yours study these things out differently than how I do, for example.

heir speaks her mind only to turn around and easily take offence when others do.

Some of you support this one sided directness nonsense on her part.

Fact is your approach is much like how the 28ers study a thing out.

THIS is why you hold to their being two groups within Paul's ministery.

But instead of remaining open to exploring the soundness of a thing, you ignore doing so, while she, on her part of this, gets irate as her reaction.

In this, you and yours behave towards anyone who does not hold this view of yours much like the cults that GM is always turning around and pointing his own guilty finger at.

So you and yours just go right ahead and get all irate in your duplicity.

Irate is what you guys live for - it is the only time this supposed Mid-Acts forum comes to life - because you have no respect for the rights of others to voice their difference in understanding.

Not one of you supported that video I posted about that young girl who had come to terms with the Mystery.

A child - you couldn't set aside your hypocrisy just for a moment that you might support a child in her new found freedom.

You are hypocrites through and through.

This exact history is in every thread on this forum for any one who is a bit honest to see the fact of.

Drop dead! The movement is better off without your kind.

Thread Information