User Tag List

Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1546

Thread: Battle Royale XIV discussion thread

  1. #31
    TOL Subscriber patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    29,815
    Thanks
    14,941
    Thanked 15,342 Times in 12,091 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147820
    Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    Not to mention:

    The 1611 KJV included the Apocrypha.

    The 1611 KJV contained a list of holy days that included All Saints Day, The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin, and other Saints days.

    The 1611 KJV had marginal cross-references to books of the Apocrypha

    Darby contributed to the 1611 KJB
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  2. #32
    ☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona USA
    Posts
    6,275
    Thanks
    3,605
    Thanked 3,339 Times in 1,937 Posts

    Blog Entries
    145
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2147676
    My position on the matter of the AV versus others is really one of manuscript tradition, preferring the Byzantine, versus the Alexandrian.

    More can be read here:
    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...64#post4458764

    AMR
    WARNING: Embedded link content that may be in my posts or embedded in my sig below are not for the faint of heart.



    Do you confess?
    Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?



  3. #33
    Music to my ears Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    45,758
    Thanks
    137,731
    Thanked 41,761 Times in 25,666 Posts

    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148108
    *bump*

    Getting close.
    Monday, November 2, 2015 at noon Mountain Time.

    Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.

  4. #34
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,529
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 7,957 Times in 6,223 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147798
    Battle Royal??!!

    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (July 12th, 2017)

  6. #35
    Music to my ears Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    45,758
    Thanks
    137,731
    Thanked 41,761 Times in 25,666 Posts

    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148108
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Battle Royal??!!

    Like the good ol' days.

    Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.

  7. #36
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    18,688
    Thanks
    3,169
    Thanked 20,175 Times in 11,626 Posts

    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147802
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Darby contributed to the 1611 KJB
    So did Aliester Crowley...
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    Tambora (July 12th, 2017)

  9. #37
    Black Rifles Matter Nick M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    16,833
    Thanks
    649
    Thanked 9,193 Times in 6,347 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147793
    I also like the Random-Hill version.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

    Titus 1

    For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

    Ephesians 5

    11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

    Tambora (July 12th, 2017)

  11. #38
    Gold level Subscriber Bob Enyart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    1,104
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 122 Times in 118 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    72209
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    so who is arguing for what ? is Bob Enyart for KJV only ? Is this debate about only KJB and no other Bible being inspired ?
    patrick jane, the opening post should answer your questions! Can't wait for this to begin!

    - Bob Enyart
    kgov.com
    The Bob Enyart Live talk show airs at KGOV.com weekdays at 5 pm E.T. Also, same time, same station, check out Theology Thursday (.com) and on Fridays, Real Science Radio (.com) a.k.a. rsr.org. All shows are available 24/7 and you can call us at at 1-800-8Enyart.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Enyart For Your Post:

    Tambora (July 12th, 2017)

  13. #39
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    7,086
    Thanks
    394
    Thanked 588 Times in 438 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    465595
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    So.... thoughts???

    I think this should be interesting.
    Could the title of the Battle Royale XIV be changed to
    "Is the King James Bible the Only Inspired Scripture In English on Earth Today?"

    It seems very unfair against Will Kinney if Bob Enyart and Will Duffy are able to bring in Hebrew and Greek scripture as proof that there is scripture in other languages that is clearly more inspired than any translation.

    For that matter, there is still the Latin scripture used by the Catholic church and the German scripture used by the Reformers that have been used for even longer than the KJV.

    Allowing the argument to wander away from English translations will just muddle the debate.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  14. #40
    Over 2000 post club Alate_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,464
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 221 Times in 168 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    93636
    Whoever is arguing against KJVO has been set up for an easy slam dunk. Guessing that is Enyart and co.
    “We do not believe in God because we need to explain this or that feature of the world. That is what science is for. We believe in God because we see something deeper in the world, something that transcends the scientific explanations.” - Karl Giberson Ph.D.

    Some of the Evidence for Climate Change

    The Biologos Foundation - The science and faith of theistic evolution explained.

    What Darwin Never Knew

  15. #41
    LIFETIME MEMBER tetelestai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    12,008
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 392 Times in 359 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    326953
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Could the title of the Battle Royale XIV be changed to
    "Is the King James Bible the Only Inspired Scripture In English on Earth Today?"
    I see your point, but you have to understand that most KJVO people actually believe the KJV is the only inspired bible on the planet. They don't care about the other bibles in different languages.

    Speaking of English, just ask a KJVO what inspired bible English speaking people had before 1611. They usually have no answer.
    (1 Cor 1:13 KJV) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

  16. #42
    LIFETIME MEMBER tetelestai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    12,008
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 392 Times in 359 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    326953
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    Whoever is arguing against KJVO has been set up for an easy slam dunk.
    Yep, like taking candy from a baby.

    However, KJVO's are very stubborn people.
    (1 Cor 1:13 KJV) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

  17. #43
    LIFETIME MEMBER tetelestai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    12,008
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 392 Times in 359 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    326953
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    So did Aliester Crowley...
    Nope, Aleister Crowley grew up a Dispensationalist, not a KJVOist.
    (1 Cor 1:13 KJV) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

  18. #44
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    7,086
    Thanks
    394
    Thanked 588 Times in 438 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    465595
    Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    most KJVO people actually believe the KJV is the only inspired bible on the planet
    If they believe that, then there is no common ground on which to debate them.
    Nothing they say will make any sense, and nothing anyone says to them will make any sense to them.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  19. #45
    LIFETIME MEMBER Desert Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,367
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 184 Times in 117 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    453700
    Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    I see your point, but you have to understand that most KJVO people actually believe the KJV is the only inspired bible on the planet. They don't care about the other bibles in different languages.

    Speaking of English, just ask a KJVO what inspired bible English speaking people had before 1611. They usually have no answer.
    One person I discussed with claimed that before the KJV, God used the Vulgate because it was in the common tongue for its day and that was how God preserved his word. He stated that God used the KJV because English was a worldwide language. He didn't manage to quite find an answer to the fact that in 1611 English was only spoken in England. And probably not even the whole of England. Let alone Scotland and Wales. They dig deeper and deeper holes for themselves. I told him that Latin was still the lingua franca in 1611 by a large margin.
    Personally, I feel that KJVOnlyists are so for the sole reason of having an excuse to tell as many people as possible how stupid they are. Sorry you folk out there, but it really is at that level. It is utterly unsupportable in every aspect.
    Total Misanthropy.
    Uncertain salvation.
    Luck of the draw.
    Irresistible damnation.
    Persecution of the saints.

    Time is an illusion; lunchtime doubly so.
    (The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

    RevTestament: It doesn't matter to me too much that the "New Testament wasn't written in Hebrew.
    Dialogos: Calvin, as a sinner, probably got some things wrong.
    Brandplucked: I'm shocked that other people disagree with me.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us