Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you want to be an activist, be one!

I'm saying it's not the calling of the Body of Christ, while some others are
implying that it is.

Why don't you get it?
Helping our fellow man is not a dispensational issue.

Christian, agnostic, atheist, should all be willing to help their fellow man.

Furthermore...
A Christian has a calling to preach the gospel! And a major component of that preaching is to show the world they are sinful and that they need a savior. You cannot show somebody that they are sinful without explaining to them that what they are doing is sinful.

To echo Clete's sentiments.... preaching the gospel and battling societal evils are really one in the same.

SaulToPaul 2

To echo Clete's sentiments.... preaching the gospel and battling societal evils are really one in the same.

Simply not true. The greatest gospel preacher that ever lived not once
battled societal evils. He said, "I have kept the faith, I have finished my course."

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Simply not true. The greatest gospel preacher that ever lived not once
battled societal evils. He said, "I have kept the faith, I have finished my course."
So what?

How is that any type of point whatsoever? Just because Paul was chosen to spread the gospel of the uncircumcision doesn't mean that trying to save babies is somehow wrong.

If you are going to make a point, make one! If you are going to debate, debate! But don't just type a sentence that has absolutely no relevance to what is being stated in the debate.

Paul finished his course! He was the apostle picked by Jesus to spread the gospel of the uncircumcision. I am not Paul. You are not Paul. We all have different callings within the body. There are activists, there are teachers, there are support people, there are ministers, there are elders, there are wives, all of these people function within the body of Christ.

Helping our neighbor isn't a dispensational issue.

SaulToPaul 2

Is Paul your example? Are you scripturally exhorted to follow his example?

We all have different callings within the body. There are activists, there are teachers, there are support people, there are ministers, there are elders, there are wives, all of these people function within the body of Christ.

I'd like to see that scripture that demonstrates the different callings.

Helping our neighbor isn't a dispensational issue.

Sure isn't. Atheists can hate abortion and picket right along with you, they aren't
serving God by doing it, however.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is Paul your example? Are you scripturally exhorted to follow his example?
As far as the gospel is concerned yes. But that doesn't mean I need to be arrested, preach in synagogues, have vision problems, travel in his same path etc. Paul gave us the gospel via revelation through Jesus Christ. That doesn't mean we try to mimic Paul's calling as an apostle or the details of his life and encounters. I am guessing you don't dress like Paul and I am pretty sure you have a job and a girlfriend which by the way you claimed it wasn't a big deal that you had no plans to marry her. :idunno:

I'd like to see that scripture that demonstrates the different callings.
I'd like to see scripture that states it's wrong to try to help your neighbor. :rolleyes:

SaulToPaul 2

I am guessing you don't dress like Paul and I am pretty sure you have a job and a girlfriend which by the way you claimed it wasn't a big deal that you had no plans to marry her. :idunno:

:chuckle:

I'll be glad to send you a PM and explain what happened with her after I visited
her family in Los Angeles in February if you really want to know.

Not sure what it has to do with anything, though.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I'll be glad to send you a PM and explain what happened with her after I visited
her family in Los Angeles in February if you really want to know.

Not sure what it has to do with anything, though.
It really doesn't matter what happened afterward does it?

SaulToPaul 2

Lets just say you weren't exactly following a biblical example as to how to treat women.

I'm glad you think it's okay to bring up details of my social life in a public forum!

Seriously, if you want to know, I'll PM you. Just let me know.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm glad you think it's okay to bring up details of my social life in a public forum!
I didn't bring them up at the time, you did. Furthermore, I am not mentioning any details, all I am saying is you weren't following Paul's example which you claim to be so "in tune" with.

I merely bring this up now to demonstrate your hypocrisy even further than I already have.

STP you are a fool.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Please,

This thread seems to be getting kind of rough. It's like when siblings or spouses fight and to really hurt the other person they bring up the one thing that is sure to fuel the fire and then the argument becomes about that one thing rather than the orginal issue.

Isn't this thread about activism for the purpose of saving lives and those people who are the activist and those who are perceived to be hindering the work of the activist?

Those who actively expose evil for what it is...and do something about it are often hindered in their efforts by other Christians speaking NOT against the evil...but those that actively oppose the evil.

That, I believe, is what it boils down to. Christians hindering the work of other Christians by opposing the activist and not the evil.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That, I believe, is what it boils down to. Christians hindering the work of other Christians by opposing the activist and not the evil.
:up:

It's hard to imagine any full grown man standing in the way of another who is trying to help his neighbor.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You should take heed before making personal attacks against
a member of Christ's Body. You will have to answer for it at the Judgment
Seat.
Awesome! I can't wait! :up:

I will rebuke any man who stands in the way of folks that are trying to protect the innocent.

SaulToPaul 2

I will rebuke any man who stands in the way of folks that are trying to protect the innocent.

I guess you would have rebuked Jesus for not healing thousands of dying Gentile
children when he had the power to, or for not lifting a finger to stop the Roman
government from putting innocent folks to death.

Door

I think Jesus would be surprised if someone does not rescue someone in danger...

"And He said to them, "Which one of you shall have a son or an ox fall into a well, and will not immediately pull him out on a Sabbath day?"

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I guess you would have rebuked Jesus for not healing thousands of dying Gentile
children when he had the power to, or for not lifting a finger to stop the Roman
government from putting innocent folks to death.
In the story of the good Samaritan which character are you?

The Levite? Or the priest?

Status
Not open for further replies.