25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by serpentdove View Post
    say it ain't so serpy !!
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:13, 14 -

Over 3000 post club
    In front of the strange glowing screen of an inexplicable mechanism.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too bad you don't believe the bible.

"Too bad." ~ Seth Brundle, The Fly

See:

PDF The Final False Prophet, Part 1 Scripture: Revelation 13:11-14 Grace to You

As a reminder aikido7 is number 45 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category.
    Your fear and defensiveness is talking, not Jesus.

"The Father makes his sun shine on both the good and the evil and sends the rain to fall on the righteous and the unrighteous alike."

(STILL trying to set up conservatives and fundamentalists on blind dates with Jesus...)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will never be a one world government or religion. That's a pipe dream of our illustrious prophecy experts.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,972 Times in 6,062 Posts

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by disturbo View Post
    There will never be a one world government or religion. That's a pipe dream of our illustrious prophecy experts.
    Are you a prophet that you know this?

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,730 Times in 2,507 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take it up with the apostle John (Re 17:5).

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scripture says otherwise, both in this dispensation and in the millennial reign of Christ. There will be a world dictator and then Christ will defeat him and take His Throne in Jerusalem as King of kings and Lord of lords, reigning over the earth for 1,000 years.
    "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." -- Amos 3:7

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    say it ain't so serpy !!
    'Tis so (2 Thess. 2:3).

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Are you a prophet that you know this?
    Are you a prophet for believing there will be a one world religion and government?

It really doesn't take that much to figure out. The problem is similar to people believing in a revived Roman Empire. That, and a one world government and religion have taught for so long that people have a difficult time believing otherwise. Do you really think that all of the world's religions and governments would just relinquish their political and religious authority to one man? How would one man accomplish such an enormous task? I don't believe in globalism because the scriptures teach otherwise.
    Last edited by disturbo; September 30th, 2015 at 07:12 PM.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take it up with the apostle John (Re 17:5).

I have taken it up with the apostle John. From 1973 to 1993 I believed that a one world government and religion would come in the last days. But that was because I believed what I was taught. If people would just do their own unbiased homework and reconsider what they already believe, and be willing to admit their mistakes and change their mind, they would see there's no such thing. But Christians today adhere to their beliefs regardless of the scriptural evidence, and Rev 17:5 is NOT scriptural evidence for a global dictator or religion. After all, how could such an overwhelming majority of 'prophecy experts' all be wrong about globalism?

So where is a one world government and religion implied in Revelation 17:5?

Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
    Last edited by disturbo; September 30th, 2015 at 07:15 PM.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    Scripture says otherwise, both in this dispensation and in the millennial reign of Christ. There will be a world dictator and then Christ will defeat him and take His Throne in Jerusalem as King of kings and Lord of lords, reigning over the earth for 1,000 years.
    Where do you find a global dictator and a one world religion in the Holy Scriptures?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,427 Times in 985 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Millennial reign?

Where do you find a global dictator and a one world religion in the Holy Scriptures?
    Hi disturbo,

How do you view the millennial reign of Jesus, and is this 'reign' not 'global', or is it just a localized reign? Or is all this merely 'figurative'?

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelight View Post
    Hi disturbo,

How do you view the millennial reign of Jesus, and is this 'reign' not 'global', or is it just a localized reign? Or is all this merely 'figurative'?
    I'm not talking about the Millennial reign of Jesus. I'm talking about the reign of the demonic duo.

But since you've asked. Yes the Millennial reign of Christ will be global.

I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,004 Times in 9,506 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you a prophet for believing there will be a one world religion and government?

It really doesn't take that much to figure out. The problem is similar to people believing in a revived Roman Empire. That, and a one world government and religion have taught for so long that people have a difficult time believing otherwise. Do you really think that all of the world's religions and governments would just relinquish their political and religious authority to one man? How would one man accomplish such an enormous task? I don't believe in globalism because the scriptures teach otherwise.
    Seems you missed this one then:

Revelation 13:3 I saw one of his heads as if it had been slain, and his fatal wound was healed. And the whole earth was amazed and followed after the beast; 4t hey worshiped the dragon because he gave his authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, "Who is like the beast, and who is able to wage war with him?" 5 There was given to him a mouth speaking arrogant words and blasphemies, and authority to act for forty-two months was given to him.…
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    Seems you missed this one then:

Revelation 13:3-4 I saw one of his heads as if it had been slain, and his fatal wound was healed. And the whole earth was amazed and followed after the beast; they worshiped the dragon because he gave his authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, "Who is like the beast, and who is able to wage war with him?" 5 There was given to him a mouth speaking arrogant words and blasphemies, and authority to act for forty-two months was given to him.…
    I didn't miss one. I know the chapter quite well and have done several word studies on it. I don't know what translation you use but it does no justice to the original text. Also, Revelation 13 is a great chapter to explain how misinterpreting one three letter word has led so many people believe in a global dictator.

Probably the most often misunderstood words in the bible are, all, end, world, before, and but.

The word 'followed' in Revelation 3:3 is a really bad interpretation of the original text. Most other translations are much closer to what John/God intended to mean. This is the KJV...

And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

Look at how these translations are worded...

King James Version
    13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

American Standard Version
    13:3 And I saw one of his heads as though it had been smitten unto death; and his death-stroke was healed: and the whole earth wondered after the beast;

Bible in Basic English
    13:3 And I saw one of his heads as if it had been given a death-wound; and his death-wound was made well: and all the earth was wondering at the beast.

Darby's English Translation
    13:3 and one of his heads was as slain to death, and his wound of death had been healed: and the whole earth wondered after the beast.

Douay Rheims
    13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were slain to death: and his death's wound was healed. And all the earth was in admiration after the beast.

Noah Webster Bible
    13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

World English Bible
    13:3 One of his heads looked like it had been wounded fatally. His fatal wound was healed, and the whole earth marveled at the beast.

Young's Literal Translation
    13:3 And I saw one of its heads as slain to death, and its deadly stroke was healed, and all the earth did wonder after the beast,

This next translation isn't quite accurate...

Weymouth New Testament
    13:3 I saw that one of his heads seemed to have been mortally wounded; but his mortal wound was healed, and the whole world was amazed and followed him.

Some if not all translations expose the preconceived ideas of those who translated them. I think that's true with the one you quoted and also the Weymouth NT.

Greek and Hebrew are much more descriptive than English. If you use Strong's with Greek and Hebrew lexicon you'll see about 130 words total for the word ALL. There are only a few words for all that are most often used. The word is also used some 7 or 8 different ways in the bible. Prophecy experts use Rev. 13 and 17 to support a global empire and world dictator, as well as a united one world religion. Revelation 13 is a good chapter to explain some of the different ways the word all is used. There are hundreds of examples in the bible where all never means the entirety of the whole.

So let me explain.

In verse 3 the word all is the word 'holos' and when 'holos' is used it does mean the entire ball of wax.

And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

Verse 3 doesn't imply that the entire world will follow the beast. It only implies that the entire world will wonder (be amazed) if someone who they believed was dead... is resurrected. But in Revelation 13:7-8 a different word for all is used.

Revelation 13:7-8 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over ALL kindreds, and tongues, and nations. And ALL that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

In Rev. 13:8 'all' is the word 'pas' and in the plural it signifies "the totality of the persons or things referred to." The verse doesn't imply the entire planet.

The word ALL or 'pas' means 'individually,' and in a nutshell means all those who would be within his kingdom and under his authority. It doesn't imply all the world. It implies all kindreds, tongues, and nations "within his authority and kingdom."

The word ALL resorts back to the word 'him!' It doesn't imply that the whole world will be under the authority of the beast, but only those subject to his power and influence.

Two different words with two different meanings. If John wanted to imply the entire world in verse 7-8 he would have used the word 'holos.'

ALSO...

The word world and earth doesn't always imply the entire earth. It can mean land, the ground, the earth as a whole, the inhabited earth, a country, land enclosed within fixed boundaries, a tract of land, a territory, or a region. Context and the use of the word ALL is often what determines how to interpret the words world and earth.
    Last edited by disturbo; October 1st, 2015 at 08:06 PM.

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thread Information