User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abortion Survivor to Congress: ‘If Abortion Is About Women’s Rights, What Were Mine?

Thanks
    Thanked 18,458 Times in 11,626 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Abortion Survivor to Congress: ‘If Abortion Is About Women’s Rights, What Were Mine?

Abortion Survivor to Congress: ‘If Abortion Is About Women’s Rights, Then What Were Mine?’

A 38-year-old woman who survived a saline abortion in 1977 shared her story before Congress on Wednesday, speaking out against abortion and Planned Parenthood’s continued slaughter of unborn children.

Gianna Jessen was miraculously born alive at a Los Angeles hospital after her mother sought an abortion while seven months pregnant. Her mother had been advised to have a saline abortion, which burns the child with a caustic chemical and then suffocates them to death. The dead child is then removed the following day.

“Instead of dying, after 18 hours of being burned in my mother’s womb, I was delivered alive in an abortion clinic in Los Angeles on April the 6th, 1977,” Jessen told those gathered. “Thankfully, the abortionist was not at work yet. Had he been there, he would have ended my life with strangulation, suffocation, or leaving me there to die. Instead, a nurse called an ambulance, and I was rushed to a hospital.”

It was soon declared that Jessen had cerebral palsy, suffered from the lack of oxygen to her brain during the abortion.

“I was never supposed to hold my head up or walk,” she said. “I do.”

Jessen was placed in foster care and soon adopted, and now works to save lives by telling her story nationwide.

“Within the first year after my birth, I was used as an expert witness in a case where an abortionist had been caught strangling a child to death after being born alive,” she shared.

Jessen also spoke about the need for Americans to end abortion, and to protect the rights of unborn children from organizations like Planned Parenthood who shed innocent blood.

“Planned Parenthood is not ashamed of what they have done or continue to do. But we will have to give an account as a nation, before God, for our apathy and for the murder of over 50 million children in the womb,” she said.

“Every time we falter in courage as individuals and fail to confront this evil, I wonder how many lives have been lost in our silence, while we make sure we are lauded among men and do not offend anyone?” Jessen continued. “How many children have died, and been dismembered, and their parts sold, for our ego, our convenience, and our promiscuity?”

“How many Lamborghini’s were purchased with the blood of innocent children?” she declared. “The blood that cries to the Lord from the ground like that of the blood of Abel. Not one of them … is forgotten by Him.”

Jessen then pointed to her own life story in her plea to save the children.

“I would ask Planned Parenthood the following questions: If abortion is about women’s rights, then what were mine?” she asked. “You continuously use the argument, ‘If the baby is disabled, we need to terminate the pregnancy,’ as if you can determine the quality of someone’s life. Is my life less valuable due to my Cerebral Palsy?”

“You have failed, in your arrogance and greed, to see one thing: it is often from the weakest among us that we learn wisdom—something sorely lacking in our nation today. And it is both our folly and our shame that blinds us to the beauty of adversity,” Jessen continued.

“I am alive because of the power of Jesus Christ alone, in whom I live, move and have my being,” she declared. “Without Him I would have nothing, and with Him I have all.”
    What say you pro lifers, should she be dead instead of alive? Do you think shes celebrating her mothers "choice"?

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

LoneStar (March 7th, 2016),Tambora (March 6th, 2016)

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,352 Times in 3,269 Posts

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    for just a blob of tissue she's remarkably eloquent

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post

What say you pro lifers, should she be dead instead of alive?
    She's lucky to be alive. We all are.

Do you think shes celebrating her mothers "choice"?
    I can't imagine why she would being that she's clearly anti-abortion.

Do you think a child that was born even though mom and dad used birth control celebrates that "choice"?
    Having the right to do something does not automatically make it the right thing to do.

Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.”~Founding Father Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814,

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    for just a blob of tissue she's remarkably eloquent
    It's an amazing thing called development.
    Having the right to do something does not automatically make it the right thing to do.

Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.”~Founding Father Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814,

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [Survivor to Congress: ‘If Abortion Is About Women’s Rights, Then What Were Mine?’[/URL]

What say you pro lifers, should she be dead instead of alive? Do you think shes celebrating her mothers "choice"?
    I think you mean What say you pro death folks?

Thanks for this!

I have heard of her before, but appreciate more details

+

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shagster01 View Post
    She's lucky to be alive. We all are.

I can't imagine why she would being that she's clearly anti-abortion.

Do you think a child that was born even though mom and dad used birth control celebrates that "choice"?
    Do you think murder is birth control? If not, then your question is apples and oranges.

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

glassjester (October 14th, 2017),LoneStar (March 7th, 2016),Tambora (March 6th, 2016)

Nobody is free when others are oppressed Rusha's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,734 Times in 2,130 Posts

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course. It means the mother decided her child was too precious to abort so she chose to give life.
    Before mass leaders seize the power to fit reality to their lies,
    their propaganda is marked by its extreme contempt for facts as such,
    for in their opinion fact depends entirely on the power of man who can fabricate it.
    Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusha For Your Post:

glassjester (October 14th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think murder is birth control? If not, then your question is apples and oranges.
    It's prevention of a life or lives that would have been otherwise.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    Of course. It means the mother decided her child was too precious to abort so she chose to give life.
    My son was conceived even though we were using birth control. Once we found out my wife was pregnant we were both overjoyed and he is the best thing ever. I can't imagine life without him. But I wouldn't expect him to celebrate the fact that we first chose to prevent the pregnancy from happening and that it just didn't work. Why would he?

Resident Rocket Surgeon rocketman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,646 Times in 1,150 Posts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Abortion Survivor to Congress: ‘If Abortion Is About Women’s Rights, Then What Were Mine?’

Well this is just another inconvenient truth...
    The winner of the 2011 Truthsmacker of the Year Award

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...pictureid=3504

Help Take Back Our Country from Washington D.C.. with the Convention of States

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rocketman For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (October 16th, 2017),Tambora (October 15th, 2017)

Nobody is free when others are oppressed Rusha's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,734 Times in 2,130 Posts

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My son was conceived even though we were using birth control. Once we found out my wife was pregnant we were both overjoyed and he is the best thing ever. I can't imagine life without him. But I wouldn't expect him to celebrate the fact that we first chose to prevent the pregnancy from happening and that it just didn't work. Why would he?
    Because at the point he was conceived, your love for him trumped all else.
    Before mass leaders seize the power to fit reality to their lies,
    their propaganda is marked by its extreme contempt for facts as such,
    for in their opinion fact depends entirely on the power of man who can fabricate it.
    Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism

This is definitely Lower Wacker Drive. musterion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,259 Times in 8,929 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

She's lucky to be alive she wasn't aborted. We all are.
    Brush up on logic and argumentation.
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

C. H. Mackintosh

17. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

Tambora (October 15th, 2017)

This is definitely Lower Wacker Drive. musterion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,259 Times in 8,929 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

She's lucky to be alive.
    So by inference, any child who dies via a "successful" abortion is unlucky.
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

C. H. Mackintosh

19. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

Tambora (October 15th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    So by inference, any child who dies via a "successful" abortion is unlucky.
    Why? Would you consider them lucky?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's prevention of a life or lives that would have been otherwise.
    So any murderer should just say they prevented a life that would have been otherwise, right?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

LoneStar (March 7th, 2016),Tambora (March 6th, 2016)

Thread Information