Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 LastLast

Thread: freelight's cosmic cafe

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to awaken the divine principle in the belly of the fish.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeke For Your Post:

freelight (August 11th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 Times in 1,144 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke View Post

How many can handle this matrix buster sandwich? Freewill in the realm of fraudulent programming isn't informed freewill, which leaves the perceptional illusions that infect the mind with a artifice to perceive from.
    Hi Zeke,

with regard to the video about the ancient trees, being so huge and becoming petrified,....do you believe such, and in any particulars that the presenter is trying to show? I'm curious your take on her observations.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelight View Post
    Hi Zeke,

with regard to the video about the ancient trees, being so huge and becoming petrified,....do you believe such, and in any particulars that the presenter is trying to show? I'm curious your take on her observations.
    Grain of salt with a lot of it, but still interesting.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grain of salt with a lot of it, but still interesting.
    Yes,....indeed. I was going to do more research on some of the points of interest and locations, to see if any other supports or proofs were available,...the petrified forest especially and Devil's Tower, which does look kinda like a petrified stump. Enjoy!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelight View Post
    Yes,....indeed. I was going to do more research on some of the points of interest and locations, to see if any other supports or proofs were available,...the petrified forest especially and Devil's Tower, which does look kinda like a petrified stump. Enjoy!
    Makes me sad to see all those old Red Woods they cut down, those are national treasures exploited for the greedy few who have no soul.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeke For Your Post:

freelight (August 11th, 2016)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Progress notes.........

Greetings cosmonauts and soulpioneers

Recent musings -

- continuing to squash the ECT doctrine, which is self-punishing in its motive in a twisted way here. (also see our volleyball match on 'karma' )

- Reflections on Mother Teresa's dark night of the soul, here

- Enjoy a trip to 'The Kindgom' with Aussie pop-rock band Icehouse here

- The 'nuts and bolts' of the 'Jesus-myth' theory, and more ventures into the 'historical Jesus' view here (this thread was started by Lon as a kind of 'spoof' thread, but it eventually turned and bit him as liberals contributed their thoughts and questions on the validity of a 'historical Jesus'. So, before things got too hot, the thread was closed ) - as I share, whatever concept, image or idea of 'God' you entertain or even worship,....its a matter of inward experience and subjectivity, while the meaning or value of that 'worship' will bear its own fruit, whatever its quality or character. This goes for any personality, whether he or she is assumed to be 'historic' or 'mythical',....to the subconscious its more or less irrelevant. - any interested can check out the thread, and reconsider their own concept of a 'historical' Jesus vs. a mythical one, if a difference even matters

Life is an adventure in space and time,......so is subject to creative adaptation, evolution and ongoing transformation.

In-joy!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Gnostic sound bytes......

Enjoy Miguel Connor interviewing Elaine Pagels on Gnosticism, and some other wonderful snippets with other authors afterwards.

Also see the latest videos and commentary on the Gospel of Thomas here.

We would note that Clement of Alexandria regarded a true Gnostic as one having a true knowledge of Christ and the logos, by the Holy Spirit, so he defined one being a Gnostic in his own terms of a believer in the orthodox tradition. Otherwise his and other church fathers criticism was against heretical Gnostic teachers or schools, although Alexandria was most liberal in a philosophical pagan sense to the point of being somewhat eclectic. I myself resonate with the Alexandrian school, philosophically speaking....Clement and Origen being early pioneers. (We note aspects of both these men's teaching were later deemed heretical by later teachers and bishops of a progressively rigid orthodox Catholic organization).

See:

THE SCHOOL OF ALEXANDRIA

AND

THE GNOSTICS

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile sound bytes......

It still appears that ads block our video uploads in certain posts, at least on the display of mobile devices. Not sure how to modify such.

We continue our wonderful discussion on karma here. The problem with the thread title is that 'Christianity' is not necessarily opposed to the concept of 'karma'.

~*~*~

My dialogue with Jacob on the Shema is still retarded from his side of the discussion which makes for a stalemate. See current page here.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

~*~*~

Alphabet Soup,....served fresh

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blessings from the Kiss within!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeke For Your Post:

freelight (December 8th, 2016)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Let Love kiss you..............

Blessings from the Kiss within!

A most beautiful song. Here are the lyrics below -

Kissed From Within

Since I received your first kiss
    It feels as if I never danced before
    As if Iíve never even sung before
    As if Iíve never walked the streets of this world

As if I died and was reborn yesterday

Since I met your loving eyes
    It feels as if Iíve never seen the sun shine
    As if Iíve never felt the wind caress my skin
    As if Iíve never been alive before

Since You have entered my Heart
    I know no pleasure that doesnít come from
    my peace of Being
    I know no music that doesnít rise from
    the silence within

Now that Iíve been kissed from within

~*~*~

The music and song is from a group devoted and affiliated with the advaita teacher Mooji. I recommend his simple pointing to the one changeless, timeless presence that is our own innate awareness, that 'light' of being, being the divinity that we are, prior to and beyond all egoic identification or attachment to thoughts or objects. We are that pure awareness. This is understood in the statement 'I am that' (tat tvam asi). This is the recognition that one is the pure light of being and consciousness in its essential nature, the very light that pervades and gives rise to consciousness itself. When the awareness of being itself is allowed to outshine all appareances,...then it alone is recognized as what alone is REAL...no matter what comes or goes in the field of consciousness. This is pronounced in its most direct clarity in the name of God meaning "I Am", since it is the direct realization of existence, which springs from an even prior and original reality that allows individual being to arise, so that it can identify itself. In this case, it is the pure awareness out of which arises consciousness in all its forms, in its duality relationship of the 'observer' and the 'observed'. The prior original reality from which consciousness arises, is the native reality from which all else springs, that alone that is absolute, unchanging, timeless, infinite. To awaken to that.....is the experience of being kissed within. Love itself is ever eternal/infinite,...yet the 'kiss' within is re-membering of that love, which makes whole again.

Thanks
    Thanked 27,047 Times in 18,207 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Freelight, you best heed Sherman's warning about the Chatbox. Nobody is interested in the "Junk" you're pushing, pal.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Terms of discussion............

Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post

Freelight, you best heed Sherman's warning about the Chatbox. Nobody is interested in the "Junk" you're pushing, pal.

Does being an internet bully boost your self-esteem?

But seriously GM,

As far as Sherman's 'warning' it just reflects her own insecurities and antagonisms towards 'spiritualist philosophy (although resorting to call my insights 'garbage' is pretty low on the bar IMO, particular for a moderator), as I simply answered a question put to me in the Chatbox, and have full right of speech to answer it and engage the dialogue I'm also at full liberty here, in my own threads and in the public forum itself to freely share my point of views and commentary, as I have done here since 2003 And I shall continue to do so, holding my own quite nicely thank you. freelight is known for his universal synthesis of ideas, liberal theology and eclectic approach to religious subjects....and more - your judgments about me are not accurate, because you don't fully know me. Hence some assumptions are laden with 'ignorance' and 'presumption'...naturally. I've had a history of 7 years here before you even registered here. You are wrong to assume I'm just about the Urantia Book(UB), it just happens to be one of the religious books among others that I find interesting, and enjoy using it as a springboard for discussion in the UB thread. You haven't a clue of who I Am or what I'm about. So stop it.

A 'pal' is someone who has mutual respect for the other, and does not marginalize, belittle, put down or bully that person. It might be advantageous for you to recognize that, and then practice an 'ethic' befitting a so called 'Christian', since 'God' is watching your behavior and seeing HOW you treat your fellow man. Did you ever consider that? How we treat others is what we are graded by and judged upon, since the golden rule is universal, - we all reap what we sow, and what we put out, affects us back...for better or for worse. All is depedent on the nature and character of our relationships. This is what life is about.

Anways, as you might be able to see, I've many wonderful subjects and topics to research, explore and comment upon, since life is an ever unfolding JOURNEY. Its too short to engage in the pettiness of buffoonery, idiocy, intolerance, ignorance or bigotry, or any other activity that is condescending, spiteful or demeaning. Love edifies, it does not de-value, disgrace or tear down. Did you know that 'God' is LOVE ? Are you loving your fellow man? Are you sharing love and respect to others? Are your words constructive, edifying, life enhancing, inspiring, encouraging? Do you think you know all there is to know about the INFINITE ? Do you feel religiously superior to anyone else because of your personal belief-system?

How about a real respectful discussion, or actual 'creative dialogue'? Are you capable of that? If you are, you'll prove it, by your actions. Anyways, time to get back to serving and enjoying fellowship at the cosmic cafť If you will abide by the courtesy rules of the establishment, you're welcome to stay (this also covers your demeanor and behavior in other threads).

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Segways in the Matrix.......

Updates -

ExoticMatter.jpg

Recent discussion of Unitarian and Trinitarian viewpoints of whether Jesus is 'God' or just the 'Son of God',...and any variations inbetween, as per various Christological debates over the centuries continue to extend into today.

~*~*~

Contributions shared in these threads below supporting a more Unitarian perspective, which I assume purposely for positional reference and contrast -

I begin here on JS's 'Jesus Christ is God Almighty, Jehovah' thread addressing John 20:28 and more.

I begin here on TrevorL's 'John 10:30 Ė Jesus is The Son of God' thread, taking on various Trinitarian assumptions.

I begin here on Kingdom Rose's 'Jesus SEPARATE from Jehovah; calls Jehovah "my God." thread.....

I begin here on JS's 'The Meaning of the term "Son of God" thread.......

So,....lots of old Unitarian/Trinitarian viewpoint discussions. As usual while I may favor any one perspective at any given time, 'creative dialogue' and 'expansion of consciousness' are my primary goals in engaging dialogue, per my usual custom.

I will soon as time affords do more research and commentary on a UB (Urantia Book) Christology, which we've already touched on in the UB thread, the main differences being the UB holds a more extensive concept of what it calls the 'Paradise Trinity', which includes the Universal Father, Eternal Son and Infinite Spirit,......while Jesus is Not the 'Eternal Son' in this original Godhead, but is a 'Creator Son', an order of divine Sons who are the offspring of the Universal Father and Eternal Son,....Creator-Sons are those who go forth from Paradise and create the universes(worlds) of space and time, allowing God to expand the horizons and potentials of infinite will and creativity thru-out the cosmos, wherein God actually expands and experiences his unlimited potential in the evolving worlds of space, and this evolving expanding aspect of Creator and Creation is called 'God the Supreme', or 'The Supreme Being', being the ever unfolding evolving 'God'. There are many other interesting details of course in these wonderful relationships and cosmic interactions described extensively in the papers. I touch on this endeavor on this page here

18. The Following User Says Thank You to freelight For Your Post:

Evil.Eye.<(I)> (February 8th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Freedom to CHOOSE............

~*~*~

Hi all,

Just cross referencing some of my former posts on 'free will' and the great discourses on the subject of 'freedom of choice' expounded on in the Urantia Book - see here (follow all links)

Thread Information