Thread: Why Homosexuality MUST Be Recriminalized! Part 4

Over 2000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    So for clarity, you deny homosexuals the freedom to consider their condition a disorder that they are afflicted with?
    They can consider it a bowl of pudding if they like, that won't make it a bowl of pudding.

Bottom line; it is not a disease or disorder, it never was, and people are not afflicted with it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,279 Times in 1,032 Posts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freelight View Post
    One can consider anything, and assume its a 'disorder', but providing proof or evidence for labeling something a 'disorder' is another story. Of course you have all the 'disorder' and 'corruption' with the 'sin' concept (belief), for starters, let alone what different sexual orientations or gender associations some souls naturally have. Perhaps its high time the 'church' start loving and accepting all God's children, and become 'welcoming congregations' like some denominations are doing. The days of the Crusades and witch-hunts are over, but some apparently missed the memo
    So what you propose, is that the Church ought to just "welcome" gravely immoral behavior, just as if it is not gravely immoral at all.

Pass.
    THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS RISEN. Matthew 28:6 (KJV) Mark 16:6 (KJV) Luke 24:6 (KJV)

Romans 10:9 (KJV) 1st Corinthians 15:14 (KJV)

Trevor: "I know how to drive, man."
    Ricky: "You also know how to be stupid."

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrDante View Post
    They can consider it a bowl of pudding if they like, that won't make it a bowl of pudding.

Bottom line; it is not a disease or disorder, it never was, and people are not afflicted with it.
    Heartless. You show no love for people here.
    THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS RISEN. Matthew 28:6 (KJV) Mark 16:6 (KJV) Luke 24:6 (KJV)

Over 2000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what you propose, is that the Church ought to just "welcome" gravely immoral behavior, just as if it is not gravely immoral at all.

Pass.
    Is purposefully and blatantly misrepresented what someone posted a gravely immoral behavior?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,761 Times in 1,268 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pass.
    Absolutely NOT. You're wrongly assuming that just because someone has a homosexual or transgender orientation that that is 'gravely immoral'. That is asinine. Now if you want to debate on what sexual or consentual acts of love-making or affection are SHARED by LGBTQ people, that might be another matter, but assuming that just being LGBTQ is 'gravely immoral' is ludicrous. These points and distinctions are important.

Heartless. You show no love for people here.
    It is your proposition that is lacking in love.

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrDante View Post
    Is purposefully and blatantly misrepresented what someone posted a gravely immoral behavior?
    It depends upon the harm done by such deliberate deception.

Just so we're all on the same page though, let's review what was written:
    Perhaps its high time the 'church' start loving and accepting all God's children, and become 'welcoming congregations' like some denominations are doing.
    So, are you just asking idly? Or are you subtly implying that I somehow misrepresented what is meant by "welcoming congregations?"

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely NOT.
    Well that's great news then. So by negation then, you propose that the Church not welcome gravely immoral behavior. My only difficulty now is in figuring what you mean by "become 'welcoming congregations' like some denominations are doing." Because I thought that meant rainbow flags, and rainbow flags do mean welcoming gravely immoral behavior into the Church, which I continue to pass on, whenever that notion rears its ugly head.
    You're wrongly assuming that just because someone has a homosexual or transgender orientation that that is 'gravely immoral'. That is asinine. Now if you want to debate on what sexual or consentual acts of love-making or affection are SHARED by LGBTQ people, that might be another matter, but assuming that just being LGBTQ is 'gravely immoral' is ludicrous. These points and distinctions are important.
    I'm not assuming that. Apparently, you're assuming I'm assuming it.
    It is your proposition that is lacking in love.
    Why?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Pontificate this.....................

Well that's great news then. So by negation then, you propose that the Church not welcome gravely immoral behavior.
    You're assuming that accepting LGBTQ people in the church is some kind of endorsement on 'gravely immoral behavior', which is ridiculous. Being LGBTQ is NOT a 'sin'. - you can argue what sexual actions might be 'sinful', but thats debatable. You are wrongly equating homosexuality as a 'immoral behavior'. I suggest getting properly educated.

My only difficulty now is in figuring what you mean by "become 'welcoming congregations' like some denominations are doing." Because I thought that meant rainbow flags, and rainbow flags do mean welcoming gravely immoral behavior into the Church, which I continue to pass on, whenever that notion rears its ugly head.
    There are many 'welcoming congregation' organizations that are working towards inclusivism. The gospel of Jesus is 'inclusive' of all people groups, all individuals. God's love is not partial nor dependent on race, status, social rank or sexual orientation. It is universal.

Just a few resource networks -

Institute for Welcoming Resources

Welcoming Community Network

I assume you know of Dignity (RCC inclusive group) ?

I'm not assuming that. Apparently, you're assuming I'm assuming it.
    Yeah,...so goes the circle.

I hold my ground. By your former statement, it could easily be "assumed" that you were associating being 'LGBTQ' with 'grave immoral behavior'. Got it? Just being LGBTQ is a 'condition' in and of itself, without assuming any 'behavior' associated with it, let alone that being 'gravely immoral'. Its ignorance like this that actually keeps people away from the church.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,016 Times in 4,852 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You're assuming that accepting LGBTQ people in the church is some kind of endorsement on 'gravely immoral behavior', which is ridiculous. Being LGBTQ is NOT a 'sin'. - you can argue what sexual actions might be 'sinful', but thats debatable. You are wrongly equating homosexuality as a 'immoral behavior'. I suggest getting properly educated.
    You mean newly educated, The same thing happened in Russia at the end of WWI
    So, what?

believe it!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ktoyou For Your Post:

freelight (October 19th, 2017),Tambora (October 30th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are many 'welcoming congregation' organizations that are working towards inclusivism. The gospel of Jesus is 'inclusive' of all people groups, all individuals. God's love is not partial nor dependent on race, status, social rank or sexual orientation. It is universal.

Just a few resource networks -

Institute for Welcoming Resources

Welcoming Community Network

I assume you know of Dignity (RCC inclusive group) ?

Yeah,...so goes the circle.

I hold my ground. By your former statement, it could easily be "assumed" that you were associating being 'LGBTQ' with 'grave immoral behavior'. Got it? Just being LGBTQ is a 'condition' in and of itself, without assuming any 'behavior' associated with it, let alone that being 'gravely immoral'. Its ignorance like this that actually keeps people away from the church.
    The ignorance is on your end. I've never in this thread or anywhere else, said that anything other than SSB itself is grave matter, and not being gay or having a desire or proclivity or attraction to SSB. That's an affliction, and those people are victims, and deserve support. I'm floating the notion right now that these people deserve professional medical treatment if they desire it, and I'm picturing something really nice like a non-end-of-life, specialized palliative care, that includes the victim, and the victim's family, to help them all with this very serious trial, that none of them asked for or wanted.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ignorance is on your end. I've never in this thread or anywhere else, said that anything other than SSB itself is grave matter, and not being gay or having a desire or proclivity or attraction to SSB. That's an affliction, and those people are victims, and deserve support. I'm floating the notion right now that these people deserve professional medical treatment if they desire it, and I'm picturing something really nice like a non-end-of-life, specialized palliative care, that includes the victim, and the victim's family, to help them all with this very serious trial, that none of them asked for or wanted.
    Thanks for the clarification. Although I dont agree that LGBTQ people are 'afflicted' or 'victims'. That is a seriously 'messed up' point of view.

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the clarification.
    You're welcome.
    Although I dont agree that LGBTQ people are 'afflicted' or 'victims'.
    OK.
    That is a seriously 'messed up' point of view.
    So's yours then.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Looking closer at the so called 'scriptures'........

Rev. Matt Miofsky and others have come to a different conclusion about what the Bible says about homosexuality. Good presentation

Over 2000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends upon the harm done by such deliberate deception.
    Sounds like you are saying "It's OK when I do it."

Over 2000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would the entire medical and psychiatric community to do away with medical ethics and go along with this?

Thread Information