Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Jesus real?

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was Jesus real?

What is your opinion? Was there a historical Jesus? If so who was he? If not what evidence do you have that Jesus wasn't real. Keep the discussion civil. I look forward to reading your posts.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jzeidler For Your Post:

freelight (January 9th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,283 Times in 12,050 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jzeidler View Post
    What is your opinion? Was there a historical Jesus? If so who was he? If not what evidence do you have that Jesus wasn't real. Keep the discussion civil. I look forward to reading your posts.
    only a suggestion, read one of the gospels. maybe the gospel of John and absorb every word. hear the writer and hear the words of Jesus Christ Our Lord and Saviour. then read Romans and continue.

that's the best evidence you will find and YES Jesus is real and Is the Son of God - John 3:16 KJV -

1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV

1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know of no official records on him, but I believe he did exist.
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

5. The Following User Says Thank You to keypurr For Your Post:

freelight (January 8th, 2018)

Over 3000 post club
    In front of the strange glowing screen of an inexplicable mechanism.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The consensus of historical scholars say YES.

(STILL trying to set up conservatives and fundamentalists on blind dates with Jesus...)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jzeidler View Post
    There were probably many Jewish preachers called Jesus in ancient Palestine.

As aikido7 says, the consensus is that there was one in particular who was real, and was the subject of Judeo-christian writing. It appears reasonable to suppose that he was executed for political stirring. The gospel writers had to invent so much history to put Jesus in the right place at the right time to fulfill Jewish prophecy that it is pretty obvious they had a real person in mind: they just had to invent his back-story. If the Jesus figure was entirely fictional they would not have needed to invent historical inaccuracies like the wrong reign of Herod and the ridiculous suggestion that a family would have to return to their home town to complete a Roman census.

Can we know reliably anything of what Jesus said or did? Of course not. If you were to write a history essay using the NT as your only source, you should surely deserve to fail. There is no corroboration of the actions and words of Jesus outside the bible, save mentions by Josephus or Tacitus who were really reporting what christians had told them about their beliefs.

So, here's to Jesus. Shame about all the nasty statements the gospel writers put in his mouth all those years later. He must be spinning in his grave.

Stuart

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely, yes! But it is true and to be expected that some facts about this miraculous person were not accurately recalled or preserved. Luke relied on eye witness accounts many years after the events depicted.

In my belief based on the latest claim of revealed truth, The Urantia Book, Jesus was born in 7 BC under the reign of Herod the Great who tried to have him killed after learning of the birth of the expected "king of the Jews" from the 3 Magi who were in town in search of "the light of the world" having learned of the impending birth from a "seer" in Ur.

Caesar Augustus decreed that all the citizens of the empire were to be "numbered" in the month of March 8 BC. This caused considerable controversy among the Jews who opposed numbering, thus the census was delayed by 1 year in the Palestinian kingdom of Herod (The Great) who died in 4 BC. Herod Antipater known as "Antipas" was the Herod who ruled throughout the rest of Jesus' life and subsequent public ministry up until the tragic rejection and death.

In my belief Jesus was born August 21, 7 B.C in "the caravan stables, hewn out of the side of the rock and situated just below the inn, had been cleared of animals and cleaned up for the reception of lodgers."

"Mortal man was never the property of the archdeceivers. Jesus did not die to ransom man from the clutch of the apostate rulers and fallen princes of the spheres. The Father in heaven never conceived of such crass injustice as damning a mortal soul because of the evil doing of his ancestors."UB

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not as a singular individual among flesh, seeing that role played by Jesus was the spirit that lights everyone that comes into this kingdom of matter to experience contrasts, a Divine school of the Gods off springs restricted to this kingdoms laws.

The only place you will find that truth is within where none of the ethnic labels or gender apply, only the literal mentality looks in the literal clouds for their coming salvation when it was, is, and always will be in each temple of God.
    Trying to awaken the divine principle in the belly of the fish.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,554 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it hard to believe that there was such a person. If there was, at the least, his life was extensively fictionalized, based on the Gospels.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aikido7 View Post
    The consensus of historical scholars say YES.
    I think it's interesting how often that is the line given in response to this question.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

Thanks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus split time

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by way 2 go View Post
    Jesus split time
    Christians split time. Jesus had little to do with it.

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
    I know of no official records on him, but I believe he did exist.
    What do you consider as "official records"?
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
    . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    What do you consider as "official records"?
    Roman State docs.
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
    Roman State docs.
    Are Roman state docs the only documents considered to be "official"?
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
    . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Thread Information