User Tag List

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 196

Thread: Real Science Radio's List of Problems with Solar System Formation

  1. #31
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,059
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 7,156 Times in 5,734 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147789
    So, User. Did you have anything to say about what you got so wrong?
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (August 14th, 2017),Tambora (July 29th, 2017)

  3. #32
    Over 1500 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,677
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 234 Times in 171 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    140339
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    So, User. Did you have anything to say about what you got so wrong?
    Explain what I got wrong and I'll be happy to say something about it.

  4. #33
    Over 1500 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,677
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 234 Times in 171 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    140339
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    It is not the lack of craters, it is the geological activity that shows youth.
    Tell us about Pluto's geological activity.

  5. #34
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,059
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 7,156 Times in 5,734 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147789
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Tell us about Pluto's geological activity.
    You should try reading the post where I told you about Pluto's geological activity.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (July 29th, 2017)

  7. #35
    Over 1500 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,677
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 234 Times in 171 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    140339
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    You should try reading the post where I told you about Pluto's geological activity.
    What sorts of geological activity are you referring to? Give us details.

  8. #36
    Silver Member 6days's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,977
    Thanks
    769
    Thanked 2,319 Times in 1,491 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    953679
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name
    Explain what I got wrong and I'll be happy to say something about it.
    You are wrong by using typical secular arguments that denies God's Word as absolute truth. Rather than follow the evidence wherever it leads, you start with the answer (billions of years) and shoehorn interpretations to fit.*

    IE.*
    'It looks young... but it isn't' (Pluto)

    Other similar secular arguments...
    'It looks old...but it isn't' (Distant universe)

    Or
    'It looks designed....but it isnt' (nature)

    Or
    'It looks as if someone fine tuned this...but no one did'

    Etc
    Without Genesis, absolutely nothing makes sense in all of Scripture.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6days For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (August 14th, 2017),Tambora (July 29th, 2017)

  10. #37
    Over 1500 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,677
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 234 Times in 171 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    140339
    Quote Originally Posted by 6days View Post
    'It looks young... but it isn't' (Pluto)
    Pluto certainly isn't very young, but it may be younger than current assumptions would indicate. For example, Pluto may have formed or reformed (as the result of collision) much more recently than the 8 main planets in our solar system. That would explain Pluto's small number of impact craters in that its surface is too young and fresh to have had time to receive impacts.

  11. #38
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,059
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 7,156 Times in 5,734 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147789
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    What sorts of geological activity are you referring to? Give us details.
    Try reading the reports you've been posting.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (August 14th, 2017),Tambora (July 29th, 2017)

  13. #39
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,059
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 7,156 Times in 5,734 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147789
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Pluto certainly isn't very young.
    Sorry. Evidence, remember?
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (August 14th, 2017),Tambora (July 29th, 2017)

  15. #40
    Over 1500 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,677
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 234 Times in 171 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    140339
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Pluto certainly isn't very young...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Sorry. Evidence, remember?
    Evidence:

    The United States Geological Survey(USGS) website has a lot of indepth material about how the age of the Solar System was determined. The basics of it are that all material radioactively decays into a stable isotope. Some elements decay within nanoseconds while others have projected half-lives of over 100 billion years. The USGS based their study on minerals that naturally occur in rocks and have half-lives of 700 million to 100 billion years. These dating techniques, known as radiometric dating, are firmly grounded in physics and are used to measure the last time that the rock being dated was either melted or disturbed sufficiently to re-homogenize its radioactive elements. These techniques returned an approximate age for meteorites of 4.6 billion years and Earth bound rocks around 4.3 billion years.

    http://www.universetoday.com/15575/h...-solar-system/

  16. #41
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,059
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 7,156 Times in 5,734 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147789
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Evidence:

    The United States Geological Survey(USGS) website has a lot of indepth material about how the age of the Solar System was determined. The basics of it are that all material radioactively decays into a stable isotope. Some elements decay within nanoseconds while others have projected half-lives of over 100 billion years. The USGS based their study on minerals that naturally occur in rocks and have half-lives of 700 million to 100 billion years. These dating techniques, known as radiometric dating, are firmly grounded in physics and are used to measure the last time that the rock being dated was either melted or disturbed sufficiently to re-homogenize its radioactive elements. These techniques returned an approximate age for meteorites of 4.6 billion years and Earth bound rocks around 4.3 billion years.

    http://www.universetoday.com/15575/h...-solar-system/
    Oh, you want to talk about radiometric dating now?
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (August 14th, 2017),Tambora (July 29th, 2017)

  18. #42
    Over 1500 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,677
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 234 Times in 171 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    140339
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Oh, you want to talk about radiometric dating now?
    Feel free to drive the conversation.

    If one assumes that God created our solar system 6,000 years ago in a mature state (in other words, with the "appearance of age"), then the question becomes, what is the "apparent age" of the solar system? Radiometric dating is a method by which we obtain an answer.

  19. #43
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,059
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 7,156 Times in 5,734 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147789
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Feel free to drive the conversation.
    I am.

    Feel free to stick to the topic at hand.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (August 14th, 2017),Tambora (July 29th, 2017)

  21. #44
    Over 1500 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,677
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 234 Times in 171 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    140339
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    I am.

    Feel free to stick to the topic at hand.
    I thought I was sticking to the topic. The thread title is "Real Science Radio's List of Problems with Solar System Formation", and age is a factor.

  22. #45
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,059
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 7,156 Times in 5,734 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147789
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I thought I was sticking to the topic. The thread title is "Real Science Radio's List of Problems with Solar System Formation", and age is a factor.
    That's nice. I was sticking with the aspect we were discussing: Pluto's geological activity.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (August 14th, 2017),Tambora (July 29th, 2017)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us