User Tag List

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 196

Thread: Real Science Radio's List of Problems with Solar System Formation

  1. #16
    Over 1500 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,677
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 234 Times in 171 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    140339
    Quote Originally Posted by 6days View Post
    One of the most surprising discoveries so far is that the surface of Pluto is far younger than previously supposed.
    The surface is younger than previously supposed. The surface, not the whole planet. Much like the way most of the earth's ocean floor has been dated to within 125 million years even though the earth is estimated to be 5.4 billion years old. This is because the ocean floors have been subducted, carried down into the mantle and recycled. Likewise, the surface of Pluto has been covered over by fresher layers due to geological processes.
    Last edited by User Name; July 22nd, 2015 at 10:13 AM.

  2. #17
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,059
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 7,156 Times in 5,734 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147789
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    The surface is younger than previously supposed. The surface, not the whole planet. Much like the way most of the earth's ocean floor has been dated to within 125 million years even though the earth is estimated to be 5.4 billion years old. This is because the ocean floors have been subducted, carried down into the mantle and recycled. Likewise, the surface of Pluto has been covered over by fresher layers due to geological processes.
    Feel free to just ignore what I say.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (August 14th, 2017),Tambora (July 29th, 2017)

  4. #18
    Over 1500 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,677
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 234 Times in 171 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    140339
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Feel free to just ignore what I say.
    Why does Mercury have more craters than any other planet?

  5. #19
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,059
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 7,156 Times in 5,734 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147789
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Why does Mercury have more craters than any other planet?
    Feel free to randomly change the topic.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (August 14th, 2017),Tambora (July 29th, 2017)

  7. #20
    Over 1500 post club Daniel1611's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    1,553
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 24 Times in 24 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2188
    Lol at people who pretend they know anything about pluto. You just allegedly saw it for the first time a few days ago and now you know all about it. Bunch of Trekkies. Pretentious Trekkies

  8. #21
    Silver Member 6days's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,977
    Thanks
    769
    Thanked 2,319 Times in 1,491 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    953679
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name
    The surface*is younger than previously supposed.*The surface, not the whole planet...
    Perhaps the whole planet is much younger than supposed?*

    Perhaps "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth?

    Perhaps "he made the stars also...*and the evening and the morning were the fourth day
    Without Genesis, absolutely nothing makes sense in all of Scripture.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6days For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (August 14th, 2017),Tambora (July 29th, 2017)

  10. #22
    Over 2000 post club
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    2,021
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 493 Times in 339 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    208417
    Quote Originally Posted by 6days View Post
    Perhaps the whole planet is much younger than supposed?*

    Perhaps "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth?

    Perhaps "he made the stars also...*and the evening and the morning were the fourth day
    Or perhaps you are wrong.

  11. #23
    Over 1500 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,677
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 234 Times in 171 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    140339
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Why does Mercury have more craters than any other planet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Feel free to randomly change the topic.
    Actually I was going somewhere with that and it has everything to do with the topic. I'll go ahead and answer the question myself.

    Mercury is covered with craters for a number of reasons, primarily: 1) Mercury's surface is solid rock; 2) It has been geologically inactive for aeons, hence no volcanoes or geysers to spew out material that would fill in craters; 3) It has almost no atmosphere, hence no weathering of the rocky craters (although the surface is subjected to space weathering).

    Pluto, by contrast, is not solid rock. It is covered in a layer which is primarily composed of ice and includes frozen nitrogen and methane. Strong evidence of geologic activity exists, including cryovolcanoes that would help to fill in and cover craters on the planet's surface. Its atmosphere is slight, but it does have one. These facts explain why Pluto is not covered with craters, and except for the atmosphere, they also apply to Charon, the largest of Pluto's moons. So the fact that Pluto and Charon are not covered in craters is not evidence of young age.
    Last edited by User Name; July 22nd, 2015 at 09:39 PM.

  12. #24
    Silver Member 6days's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,977
    Thanks
    769
    Thanked 2,319 Times in 1,491 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    953679
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Pluto, by contrast, is not solid rock. It is covered in a layer which is primarily composed of ice and includes frozen nitrogen and methane.
    AND..... a carbon monoxide lake... Evidence in support of the Hydroplate theory... Biblical creation and the global flood.
    http://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/fr...-pluto-s-heart
    Without Genesis, absolutely nothing makes sense in all of Scripture.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6days For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (August 14th, 2017),Tambora (July 29th, 2017)

  14. #25
    Silver Member 6days's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,977
    Thanks
    769
    Thanked 2,319 Times in 1,491 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    953679
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Mercury is covered with craters for a number of reasons, primarily: 1) Mercury's surface is solid rock.....
    Speaking of Mercury..... When that planet was examined a few years back, 2 predictions from 1984 by Russell Humphries , a Biblical creationist, were confirmed. (Magnetized crust and a rapid decay rate confirming the planet was only thousands of years old)
    Without Genesis, absolutely nothing makes sense in all of Scripture.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6days For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (August 14th, 2017),Tambora (July 29th, 2017)

  16. #26
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,059
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 7,156 Times in 5,734 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147789
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Actually I was going somewhere with that and it has everything to do with the topic. I'll go ahead and answer the question myself.

    Mercury is covered with craters for a number of reasons, primarily: 1) Mercury's surface is solid rock; 2) It has been geologically inactive for aeons, hence no volcanoes or geysers to spew out material that would fill in craters; 3) It has almost no atmosphere, hence no weathering of the rocky craters (although the surface is subjected to space weathering).

    Pluto, by contrast, is not solid rock. It is covered in a layer which is primarily composed of ice and includes frozen nitrogen and methane. Strong evidence of geologic activity exists, including cryovolcanoes that would help to fill in and cover craters on the planet's surface. Its atmosphere is slight, but it does have one. These facts explain why Pluto is not covered with craters, and except for the atmosphere, they also apply to Charon, the largest of Pluto's moons. So the fact that Pluto and Charon are not covered in craters is not evidence of young age.
    Are you being intentionally dense?
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (August 14th, 2017),Tambora (July 29th, 2017)

  18. #27
    Over 1500 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,677
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 234 Times in 171 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    140339
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Are you being intentionally dense?
    .

  19. #28
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,059
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 7,156 Times in 5,734 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147789
    It is not the lack of craters, it is the geological activity that shows youth.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (July 29th, 2017)

  21. #29
    Over 1500 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,677
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 234 Times in 171 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    140339
    .

  22. #30
    Silver Member 6days's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,977
    Thanks
    769
    Thanked 2,319 Times in 1,491 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    953679
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    .
    Your video is 13.4 minutes of 'begging the question' fallacy. Your guy starts with a false conclusion then interprets evidence to fit his answer.

    Start with the truth of God's Word, and you know that Pluto not only looks young... but is young.
    Start with the truth of God's Word, and you will understand why mature galaxies exist in the distant universe.
    Start with the truth of God's Word, and you will see that the heavens declare the glory of our Creator.
    Without Genesis, absolutely nothing makes sense in all of Scripture.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6days For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (August 14th, 2017),Tambora (July 29th, 2017)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us