User Tag List

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 196

Thread: Real Science Radio's List of Problems with Solar System Formation

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Jefferson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Seated with Him in the heavenlies
    Posts
    6,606
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 108 Times in 73 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    92119

    Real Science Radio's List of Problems with Solar System Formation

    RSR's List of Problems with Solar System Formation

    This is the show from Friday July 17th, 2015


    Summary:




    * March 2015 IAU Image Typical of Pluto Expectations: (Below, see our list of solar system formation problems.) Just a few months ago, the International Astronomical Union used an image of Pluto (right) that represents the expectations of secular astronomers depicting a heavily cratered body grimy from sweeping up billions of years of space dust. Again though, the predictions of old-earth astronomy failed. Likewise, from its physics to its major predictions, the entire theory of solar system formation, the nebular hypothesis, has failed. Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams back up to get the big picture by quoting NASA's exoplanet database manager Caltech astronomer Mike Brown who said: “Before we ever discovered any [planets outside the solar system] we thought we understood the formation of planetary systems pretty deeply… It was a really beautiful theory. And, clearly, thoroughly wrong." Exoplanets, with their masses, sizes, composition and orbital characteristics differ from what had been predicted for decades by the standard model of solar system formation, including with their retrograde orbits, highly inclined orbits and hot jupiters, effectively falsifying that model.



    * July 2015 What Pluto Actually Looks Like: The actual photos of Pluto from NASA's New Horizons mission will help make it obvious to thousands more people that the nebular hypothesis theory of origins is not helpful in understanding our solar system (or any other solar system for that matter). On today's program, Bob and Fred air an audio clip from a a leading planetary scientist on the Passport to Pluto Science Channel update on NASA's mission acknowledging that even close to home, the predictions of mainstream (secular) astronomy mostly fail, and that's for planets nearest to home, in our very own solar system system. Taken together, the impressive scientific discoveries that completely falsify the nebular hypothesis of solar system formation include these:

    - exoplanets contradicting the predictions of the theory
    - that our Sun is missing nearly 100% of its predicted spin
    - that our Sun's rotation is seven degrees off the ecliptic
    - the missing predicted uniform distribution pattern of solar system isotopes
    - the missing expected uniform distribution of Earth's radioactivity
    - the contrary-to-expectations fine tuning of the solar system
    - the many contrary-to-expectations transient events in the solar system
    - that proponents try to prop up the theory by claiming ubiquitous planetary catastrophism
    - planetary and star formation problems have seemingly intractable physics problems (consider the Philae landing)
    - contrary to an Oort or Kuiper origin, comets contain earth-like minerals and rounded boulders
    - short-period comets still exist even though they have lifespans of only thousands of years
    - the 1,346 trans-Neptunian objects with known orbits reach perihelion at the ecliptic
    - that Mercury has greater density than can be accounted for by evolutionary accretion
    - that Uranus rotates perpendicularly and Venus rotates backwards.
    So the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, the BBC, Nova, Bill Nye, Lawrence Krauss, etc., wrongly built public confidence in the secular origins nebular hypothesis story. The longstanding claims of solar system formation were invented ad hoc to account for the particulars of our own solar system. Now that thousands of exoplanets are being discovered, the story telling will simply become, as with epicycles and levels of Darwinian selection, shall we say, more complex.

    * Socks Blown Off: From RSR's List of Shocked Evolutionists, close-up photos show the youthful appearance of Pluto as do the images of its largest moon: "We originally thought Charon would be an ancient terrain covered in craters," said New Horizons team member Cathy Olkin. "So when we saw the pictures this morning, it just blew our socks off."



    * Help Us Reach a Small YouTube Milestone: RSR's newly attended to Bob Enyart YouTube channel is about to hit 75,000 views. Please click to check out a video, and we should hit that goal by Saturday, July 18th!

    * Get a Real Astronomy Resource: Get the Spike Psarris DVD What You Aren't Being Told About Astronomy and Vol. II, Our Created Stars and Galaxies! These are hands down the best astronomy videos ever made! You'll agree, or your money back! Also, purchasing them from us here at RSR will help us keep our radio show on the air reaching more and more people! And have you browsed through our Science Department in our KGOV Store? (That's what we call it.) Check out also Bob Enyart’s Age of the Earth Debate against a well-known geophysicist and a University of Colorado mathematician who are members of the Denver chapter of Reasons to Believe. And we ask you to consider getting a Bob Enyart Live monthly subscription, in audio or video, of one of our really fun and educational resources!

    Finally, please consider helping us reach our vitally important July 2015 Telethon goal of $30,000! We're currently at $11,600, and you can help by clicking on the Store tab above, and then making a one-time or monthly donation, or signing up for a subscription or browsing our Science Department for some great science resources!
    WARNING: Graphic video here.

  2. #2
    Over 3000 post club gcthomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,780
    Thanks
    441
    Thanked 740 Times in 494 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    404663
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    * March 2015 IAU Image Typical of Pluto Expectations: (Below, see our list of solar system formation problems.) Just a few months ago, the International Astronomical Union used an image of Pluto (right) that represents the expectations of secular astronomers depicting a heavily cratered body grimy from sweeping up billions of years of space dust.
    Nasa was saying last year that they "Have No Idea What Pluto Looks Like"
    At best, we can describe it as a reddish, relatively small rocky smudgy thing (with points!). And while we know the basics of the planet's size and shape, we really don't know what the thing looks like ... yet. As a NASA "ScienceCast" video on YouTube explains (embedded below), "No one knows what to expect when the alien landscape comes into focus. There could be icy geysers, towering mountains, deep valleys, and even planetary rings."

    The image you present is not a scientific prediction - it even has the alt-text "Artist’s impression of Pluto and Charon". You seem to be attacking the predictions of an artist, not those heavily caveated musings of real scientists, so it's situation normal, huh?
    We wunt be druv.

    Self appointed representative of the reality based community. [Send complaints to /dev/null.]

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to gcthomas For Your Post:

    User Name (August 2nd, 2017)

  4. #3
    Silver Member 6days's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,973
    Thanks
    762
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,487 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    949383
    Quote Originally Posted by gcthomas

    The image you present is not a scientific prediction - it even has the alt-text "Artist’s impression of Pluto and Charon".*You seem to be attacking the predictions of an artist, not those heavily caveated musings of real scientists, so it's situation normal, huh?
    It's an image used by the*International Astronomical Union. Secular astronomers did expect a heavily cratered planet, which is why they express surprise at some features they say appear less than 100 million years. (Inconsistent with the billions of years belief) However the findings, including the carbon monoxide 'lake' are consistent with the creation / flood model proposed by Walt Brown in the Hydroplate Theory.
    Without Genesis, absolutely nothing makes sense in all of Scripture.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6days For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (August 14th, 2017),Tambora (July 29th, 2017)

  6. #4
    Over 3000 post club gcthomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,780
    Thanks
    441
    Thanked 740 Times in 494 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    404663
    Quote Originally Posted by 6days View Post
    It's an image used by the*International Astronomical Union. Secular astronomers did expect a heavily cratered planet, which is why they express surprise at some features they say appear less than 100 million years. (Inconsistent with the billions of years belief)
    I showed you the NASA quote which shows the lie of your claim. And NASA used a piece of artwork, labelled an artistic impression, for a web page. Great. Now show me where heavy cratering is required by theory.

    Quote Originally Posted by 6days View Post
    However the findings, including the carbon monoxide 'lake' are consistent with the creation / flood model proposed by Walt Brown in the Hydroplate Theory.
    EVERYTHING is consistent with Walt's Magical Theory of Everything. Even the young galaxies that weren't the same as older ones were, actually, the same as far as Walt is concerned. Even the data which proves him wrong somehow prove him right in his eyes.
    We wunt be druv.

    Self appointed representative of the reality based community. [Send complaints to /dev/null.]

  7. #5
    Over 1500 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,665
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 231 Times in 171 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    140339
    "New Horizons is teaching us all about Pluto! And it’s definitely not what we were expecting."

    .

  8. #6
    Over 2000 post club OCTOBER23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,055
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    131825
    PLANETS ARE JUST COLD DEAD STARS THAT HAVE COOLED DOWN

    AFTER BILLIONS OF YEARS.

    THEY ARE ALL ROUND SPHERES AND COULD NOT POSSIBLY FORM

    BY ACCUMULATION OF BITS OF ASTEROIDS.

    That is the Plain Truth.

  9. #7
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,054
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 7,132 Times in 5,723 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147789
    Quote Originally Posted by gcthomas View Post
    Nasa was saying last year that they "Have No Idea What Pluto Looks Like"
    At best, we can describe it as a reddish, relatively small rocky smudgy thing (with points!). And while we know the basics of the planet's size and shape, we really don't know what the thing looks like ... yet. As a NASA "ScienceCast" video on YouTube explains (embedded below), "No one knows what to expect when the alien landscape comes into focus. There could be icy geysers, towering mountains, deep valleys, and even planetary rings."

    The image you present is not a scientific prediction - it even has the alt-text "Artist’s impression of Pluto and Charon". You seem to be attacking the predictions of an artist, not those heavily caveated musings of real scientists, so it's situation normal, huh?
    Evolutionists have learned that the safest practice is to not expose their ideas to predictions. So they draw an "artists conception." That way if it has some merit, they can claim it as a prediction, but if it is nonsense, they can feign disassociation with any hint of scientific rebuff.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (August 14th, 2017),Tambora (July 29th, 2017)

  11. #8
    Over 1000 post club way 2 go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,463
    Thanks
    631
    Thanked 462 Times in 282 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    260821
    Quote Originally Posted by gcthomas View Post

    The image you present is not a scientific prediction - it even has the alt-text "Artist’s impression of Pluto and Charon". You seem to be attacking the predictions of an artist, not those heavily caveated musings of real scientists, so it's situation normal, huh?
    situation normal like Rodhocetus turns out to be fiction
    that was presented as fact

    opening line of the show:
    virtually everyplace we sent a space craft to on a 1st reconnaissance mission like this that we find out that
    our earth based notions were flat wrong

  12. #9
    Over 3000 post club gcthomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,780
    Thanks
    441
    Thanked 740 Times in 494 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    404663
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Evolutionists have learned that the safest practice is to not expose their ideas to predictions. So they draw an "artists conception." That way if it has some merit, they can claim it as a prediction, but if it is nonsense, they can feign disassociation with any hint of scientific rebuff.
    Unlike you, scientists don't pretend certainty when the evidence is not yet it.
    We wunt be druv.

    Self appointed representative of the reality based community. [Send complaints to /dev/null.]

  13. #10
    Over 3000 post club gcthomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,780
    Thanks
    441
    Thanked 740 Times in 494 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    404663
    Quote Originally Posted by way 2 go View Post
    situation normal like Rodhocetus turns out to be fiction
    that was presented as fact

    opening line of the show:
    virtually everyplace we sent a space craft to on a 1st reconnaissance mission like this that we find out that
    our earth based notions were flat wrong
    That is what exploration is about. But no, the Earth based notions were not wrong on scientific principles, but of course were short on the historical record of development of the planets. Think about how every person turns out different despite the Science of biology. Same principles, different outcome for each person.
    We wunt be druv.

    Self appointed representative of the reality based community. [Send complaints to /dev/null.]

  14. #11
    Over 1500 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,665
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 231 Times in 171 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    140339
    Quote Originally Posted by gcthomas View Post
    I showed you the NASA quote which shows the lie of your claim. And NASA used a piece of artwork, labelled an artistic impression, for a web page. Great. Now show me where heavy cratering is required by theory.
    Pluto and Charon must lack craters because they have been (and perhaps still are) geologically active, with some kind of process smoothing out the surface.

  15. #12
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,054
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 7,132 Times in 5,723 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147789
    Quote Originally Posted by gcthomas View Post
    Unlike you, scientists don't pretend certainty when the evidence is not yet it.
    We're not talking certainty; we're talking about predictions based on a model. You have a model, but seem to have to perform cartwheels to keep its predictions away from reality.

    Creationists, on the other hand, love making predictions: There is bacterial life on Pluto.

    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Pluto and Charon must lack craters because they have been (and perhaps still are) geologically active, with some kind of process smoothing out the surface.
    Exactly. Which rules out the notion that the body has been floating around billions of kilometers beyond Uranus for billions of years.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (August 14th, 2017),Tambora (July 29th, 2017)

  17. #13
    Over 1500 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,665
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 231 Times in 171 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    140339
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Pluto and Charon must lack craters because they have been (and perhaps still are) geologically active, with some kind of process smoothing out the surface.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Exactly. Which rules out the notion that the body has been floating around billions of kilometers beyond Uranus for billions of years.
    How do geological processes that smooth out planetary surfaces rule out billions of kilometers or years?

  18. #14
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,054
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 7,132 Times in 5,723 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147789
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    How do geological processes that smooth out planetary surfaces rule out billions of kilometers or years?
    They don't rule out billions of kilometers, but they might indicate that its distance from the sun was once much less.

    Their existence indicates instability, non-equilibrium. The driving forces behind geological reworking require proximity to a large neighboring body or deformation from the spherical for the body that is active.

    Pluto is a long way from anything that could generate geological processes on it.

    However, if it formed recently — as the evidence indicates — the "surprises" facing the evolutionists all but disappear.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (July 29th, 2017)

  20. #15
    Silver Member 6days's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,973
    Thanks
    762
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,487 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    949383
    Quote Originally Posted by gcthomas
    Great. Now show me where heavy cratering is required by theory.
    What I said was....."Secular astronomers did expect a heavily cratered planet, which is why they express surprise at some features they say appear less than 100 million years. (Inconsistent with the billions of years belief)"

    New imaging of Pluto's major moon Charon also surprised scientists with its unexpectedly youthful and varied terrain.
    ...*the mountains were probably*formed no more than 100 million years ago – much younger than expected
    *
    http://blog.cosmosmagazine.com/blog/...mages-of-pluto

    One of the most surprising discoveries so far is that the surface of Pluto is far younger than previously supposed.Despite being located in the Kuiper Belt – the remote region of our solar system teeming with asteroids and space debris – no impact craters have yet been spotted on the surface
    http://www.theweek.co.uk/64361/new-h...ng-pluto-flyby

    One new image shows a curiously young terrain
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2...orizons-space/

    Secular Astronomers are guilty of begging the question fallacy. They start with the answer (billions of years) and reject one obvious conclusion.... God's Word may be true...perhaps Pluto and our solar system look young, because they are.*
    Without Genesis, absolutely nothing makes sense in all of Scripture.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6days For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (August 14th, 2017),Tambora (July 29th, 2017)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us