User Tag List

Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 629

Thread: Homosexuality will destroy this and any country and needs to be recriminalized

  1. #76
    Over 3000 post club Quetzal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    3,205
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 247 Times in 167 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    783430
    Quote Originally Posted by bybee View Post
    Indeed! All of those BURKAs flowing in the breeze and condemned females half buried in the sand being stoned to death ....
    They do have a good selection of rocks. Certainly you, as a woman, wouldn't want to visit. After all, there is some sort of preconceived notion that you are inferior. That isn't fair, is it? I would certainly hate to be a part of another, similar system being supported in this thread about another certain group of individuals that are perceived as being inferior. No sir, we wouldn't do that now, would we?
    -Q
    "The Man. The Myth. The Legend!"

  2. #77
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    14,765
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,769 Times in 2,544 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimacahau View Post
    What a lot of rubbish this thread is.
    Are you a Sodomite ([Ex 20:14] heterosexual [Lev. 20:1012]/homosexual [Lev. 20:10,13])?

  3. #78
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    281
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1070
    Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    Yes - the fact that we are able to do this means that we do, at an individual level, appeal to a standard external to society itself. I'm very interested in what that standard is for each person; and why they accept that particular standard.




    I do think a "greatest good" exists. And I believe every thought, word, and action moves us closer or further from it. I would argue that you probably believe the same, that all of us do. This is what makes us capable of evaluating the goodness or badness of any society (or person) at all.

    When you say, for example, that slavery is unacceptable, you are saying that its abolition was a move in the right direction - that it brought us closer (not further) to some ideal.

    My question is, then, what is that standard? What is that ideal?
    Whatever it is, it is an absolute. It must be a principle external to society, if it can be used to evaluate society.
    Morality is a human invention. A great invention. An important invention. A great invention. Still though, we made it up. We may like to imagine it to be absolute, like the ancient Egyptians performing ritualistic human sacrifice or ancient people following the old testament murdering everyone in a town for believing in a different god. The simple fact that our morals differ so greatly from those of ancient times shows the simple fact that we made it all up.

    Many people have written down their concept of morality, sometimes attributing it to some deity, sometimes not. Often times these books when read many years later are deemed shockingly immoral based on a concept of morality that arose under different circumstances and had more time to evolve.

    Take the bible for an example. The old testament came from a time when life was more harsh than it is today and the morality is very harsh to the point of commanding the murder of everyone (including the infants) in a town because they worship a different god! We live in a world that isn't so harsh. We, as a people, will not tolerate such behavior. It is barbaric by the standard of almost everyone.

    We use our technology as a standard to judge other countries technology and the new technology we are inventing. Thus, our standard of technology is ever changing. We use the sense of morality imparted to us by parents, literature, society and culture (usually in a more piecemeal fashion than we'd like to admit) to evaluate our own parents, literature, society and culture. Our sense of morality is ever changing.

    If there is a god and he/she/it is moral then one of two things must be true. Either there is some set of morals separate from god by which to judge god or morality is defined as being whatever god says/does. If it's the latter, the statement that god is moral is meaningless.

  4. #79
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    281
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1070
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzal View Post
    That is not true! Saudi Arabia has wonderful beaches!
    I think Trip Expert rated it a top place to be beheaded! Oh, and Uganda was voted best place to starve death while beating gay people to death while calling them immoral barbarians. Trip Expert raves, "the irony is thick enough you could cut it with a knife".

  5. #80
    Over 3000 post club Quetzal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    3,205
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 247 Times in 167 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    783430
    Quote Originally Posted by TrakeM View Post
    I think Trip Expert rated it a top place to be beheaded! Oh, and Uganda was voted best place to starve death while beating gay people to death while calling them immoral barbarians. Trip Expert raves, "the irony is thick enough you could cut it with a knife".
    -Looks over the options- Ah, but you have to pay extra for the bludgeoning weapon to beat them with. That is where they get ya.
    -Q
    "The Man. The Myth. The Legend!"

  6. #81
    Over 1000 post club The Horn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Rochelle,NY.
    Posts
    1,098
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 193 Times in 141 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    112149
    Homosexuality has never "destroyed " any country, nor will it ever .
    This is as ludicrous as saying that left-handedness can destroy a country .
    Homosexuality has existed from the very beginning of the human race approximately 200,000 years ago and always will . It is found in hundreds of animal species .
    It is not a "sin", not "rebelion against God", not a "choice", not a perversion or human failing or a fault . It's not a mental disease .
    And it's NOT going to "destroy America ". Homophobic bigots are a threat to g ay people -gay people are not a threat to America or any country .
    In fact, homophobic bigotry is a mental disease , and quite curable.
    But the vast majority of homophobes are too stubborn , foolish and misguided to renounce their anti-gay bigotry and learn to mind their own business and just live and let live .

  7. #82
    Over 500 post club
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    519
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2534
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horn View Post
    Homosexuality has existed from the very beginning of the human race approximately 200,000 years ago and always will.
    It actually start when male humans starting getting an attraction to the butthole, and dost thou really think that we want to emulate animals in the wild kingdom? Also, why aren't there more gays who aren't bisexual? Why is every homo I have ever met-- been a bisexual?
    John 1:1-2
    1 εν αρχη ην ο λογος At the beginning, it was a word; και ο λογος ην προς ο θεος and a word, it was unto a God; και θεος ην ο λογος and the God, it was.. A word 2 ουτος a-such... 2 ην εν αρχη προς ο θεος ... it was at the beginning unto a God.

    "Yahweh" is a word, not just Christ!

  8. #83
    TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    29,178
    Thanks
    12,352
    Thanked 25,729 Times in 17,274 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147844
    Quote Originally Posted by Omniskeptical View Post
    It actually start when male humans starting getting an attraction to the butthole, and dost thou really think that we want to emulate animals in the wild kingdom? Also, why aren't there more gays who aren't bisexual? Why is every homo I have ever met-- been a bisexual?
    You're quite disgusting. Are you "trying" to get banned?

  9. #84
    I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere between heaven and hell
    Posts
    16,612
    Thanks
    24,126
    Thanked 17,394 Times in 10,988 Posts

    Blog Entries
    52
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147718
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horn View Post
    Homosexuality has never "destroyed " any country, nor will it ever .
    Pompeii: Buried Sin City of the Roman Empire

    Homosexuality in ancient Rome
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

    "Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

  10. #85
    Over 3000 post club Quetzal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    3,205
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 247 Times in 167 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    783430
    Rome did not collapse due to homosexuality. Anyone who would suggest the opposite has a drastic misunderstanding of history.
    -Q
    "The Man. The Myth. The Legend!"

  11. #86
    I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere between heaven and hell
    Posts
    16,612
    Thanks
    24,126
    Thanked 17,394 Times in 10,988 Posts

    Blog Entries
    52
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147718
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzal View Post
    Rome did not collapse due to homosexuality. Anyone who would suggest the opposite has a drastic misunderstanding of history.
    The gay thing is always the last straw.
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

    "Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

  12. #87
    Over 3000 post club Quetzal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    3,205
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 247 Times in 167 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    783430
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    The gay thing is always the last straw.
    It had no measurable impact, period. You are simply mistaken.
    -Q
    "The Man. The Myth. The Legend!"

  13. #88
    LIFETIME MEMBER Bright Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Calfornia
    Posts
    7,437
    Thanks
    194
    Thanked 2,235 Times in 1,524 Posts

    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    1613665
    All the great empires or republics of the world went into decline with a decline in morality. It is a proven path of history and the United States will be no different.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

    Jim Elliot

  14. #89
    Over 3000 post club Quetzal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    3,205
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 247 Times in 167 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    783430
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    All the great empires or republics of the world went into decline with a decline in morality. It is a proven path of history and the United States will be no different.
    Evidence, please.
    -Q
    "The Man. The Myth. The Legend!"

  15. #90
    I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere between heaven and hell
    Posts
    16,612
    Thanks
    24,126
    Thanked 17,394 Times in 10,988 Posts

    Blog Entries
    52
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147718
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzal View Post
    It had no measurable impact, period. You are simply mistaken.
    Evidence?
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

    "Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us