Resident Rocket Surgeon rocketman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,202 Posts

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
    There is no way Donald Trump plans to be president, he has other priorities. I think he is up to something else, maybe giving other candidates ideas?
    This very well may be the case Kat, he may just stirring these milk toast candidates up to stand for something, to make them show the people who is a leader & who is not. If he crushes Jeb Bush's hopes I will be happy, the last thing this country needs is a liberal RINO like Jeb Bush.
    The winner of the 2011 Truthsmacker of the Year Award

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...pictureid=3504

Help Take Back Our Country from Washington D.C.. with the Convention of States

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    It impresses me that the man can actually successfully run multiple business' even after falling on his face a couple of times he still plods on, that takes drive & leadership whether you want to admit it or not. Whether he had a leg up or not is irrelevant, he learned from his father & made it his own he could have just as easily never achieved anything but a trust fund and that is just not the case, the man has worked hard to carve out his niche and deserves the credit for his success. I appreciate his candor on the hot button issues that nobody wants to touch or even speak plainly about, that too is a leadership quality, being able to speak with the people you intend to lead without compromising the message no matter how much it might offend someone, speaking the truth & conveying a vision are leadership traits. In contrast to the man holding office now who has been an utter failure on the national & international fronts, has never run a hot dog stand successfully, much less the experience to run any enterprise most notably the most powerful nation on the planet, I think Trump looks like a superstar in comparison. As I have said before Trump may not be the nominee but, whoever is, will have to address the issues the way Trump has to garner the votes he already has in his pocket just from speaking Bluntly & unapologetically. If Trump has accomplished anything with his candidacy he has got candidates out of their pandering comfort zone...I like it.
    Everything Trump stands for and represents is anti-Christian. Be careful brother.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,147 Times in 1,509 Posts

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Everything Trump stands for and represents is anti-Christian. Be careful brother.
    You think compulsive adultery is anti-Christian?
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by MarcATL View Post
    What would you call public officials in positions of great authority who pander to Islam?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
    There is no way Donald Trump plans to be president, he has other priorities. I think he is up to something else, maybe giving other candidates ideas?
    I doubt if he believes he can be. If, however, certain dominoes began to fall, to the point it looed like he had a shot at the nomination, he would get serious about it real quick.

Thanks

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What would you call public officials in positions of great authority who pander to Islam?
    The Bush family?
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

THall (November 9th, 2016)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    The Bush family?
    Anyone else?

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bybee View Post
    What are you defining as pandering?

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    It's not?

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you defining as pandering?
    Good question. And my answer is based on much of what the media chooses to expose, not all of which may be accurate or even honest. No surprise there!
    Pandering would be those actions committed exclusively for personal gain or the gain of a group which one represents.
    This is quite different from negotiating in good faith and/or negotiating with goodwill.
    When I was a child living in a poor neighborhood we had few resources available. There were parks and the alleys and the streets in which we played our games. One person might have a bat, another a baseball another a glove. We came together, negotiated and shared. If you didn't share no one would play with you. We watched out for the little kids and the weak kids. Kids learned to negotiate in order to have fun.
    We seem to have lost the ability to negotiate with each other in order to get along.
    I believe that in legislating almost every aspect of public behavior we are all put on guard and no longer trust each other to do the right thing because it is the right thing to do.
    But then, I'm old.

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good question. And my answer is based on much of what the media chooses to expose, not all of which may be accurate or even honest. No surprise there!
    Pandering would be those actions committed exclusively for personal gain or the gain of a group which one represents.
    This is quite different from negotiating in good faith and/or negotiating with goodwill.
    When I was a child living in a poor neighborhood we had few resources available. There were parks and the alleys and the streets in which we played our games. One person might have a bat, another a baseball another a glove. We came together, negotiated and shared. If you didn't share no one would play with you. We watched out for the little kids and the weak kids. Kids learned to negotiate in order to have fun.
    We seem to have lost the ability to negotiate with each other in order to get along.
    I believe that in legislating almost every aspect of public behavior we are all put on guard and no longer trust each other to do the right thing because it is the right thing to do.
    But then, I'm old.
    Okay, well I haven't witnessed any pandering to Muslims or Islam as you described it by any of our politicians.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Okay, well I haven't witnessed any pandering to Muslims or Islam as you described it by any of our politicians.
    I have a pair of rose colored glasses too!

Thanks

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Barbarian asks:

It's not?
    It is. But based on the support we're seeing for Trump hereabouts, it seems a lot of people disagree with us.

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a pair of rose colored glasses too!
    Well perhaps you can illuminate some politicians that you've observed pandering. I'm open to being properly informed.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Well perhaps you can illuminate some politicians that you've observed pandering. I'm open to being properly informed.
    Perhaps I'm not using the term correctly but our system of lobbyists may qualify in some instances as pandering?

Thread Information