User Tag List

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 177

Thread: Grace Revealed - From Grace Ambassadors Ministry Update -

  1. #76
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    9,373
    Thanks
    6,456
    Thanked 10,273 Times in 6,036 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147626

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    The problem is in how Calvknists and mads view the dispensation of the law pj

    They are failing to rightly divide the word of truth

    Selah
    The problem is far more likely to be your faulty understanding of the dispensation given to Paul.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

    Has Amos 9:15 been cancelled?

    Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

    The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

  2. #77
    TOL Legend patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    27,468
    Thanks
    12,020
    Thanked 13,862 Times in 11,106 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147793
    Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    Hmm silence
    I didn't see your post. I did address this in the OP of my thread - The Mystery Of Christ. I disagree that MAD doesn't divide rightly, but I agree about Calvinists.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  3. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

    Mark M (March 5th, 2016)

  4. #78
    TOL Legend patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    27,468
    Thanks
    12,020
    Thanked 13,862 Times in 11,106 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147793
    Hmmmmm, Silence
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  5. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

    Mark M (March 5th, 2016)

  6. #79
    TOL Legend patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    27,468
    Thanks
    12,020
    Thanked 13,862 Times in 11,106 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147793
    Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    The different dispensations, madists, all have laws to which the people of God (the saved) are or were commanded to obey. Noah couldn't eat animals before the Noahic covenant. It was not optional for Noah.

    Cain could not neglect the blood sacrafice, it was not optional.

    David could not eat what Noah could - not optional

    Peter could eat what Noah could - optional

    Here's the problem pj, the mosaic covenant, the dispensation of law was added to the Abe cov. Why?

    To show us the inability to lead a sanctified growing grown up relationship with God due to the pervasiveness of sin in our members.

    Also God gave the mosaic law to make an increase of sins (because of the flesh) to lead the believer to conclude that he/she was completely powerless to be a keeper of the 613 commands (not just 10) and thus lead him/her to the Messiah.

    Knowing the purposes of the mosaic cov will result in knowing as King David knew, that the believer will always be saved by grace by the mercies of God.

    Therefore brother pj, I conclude that in every dispensation the believers were regenerated (born again) by grace thru faith (not in what our new test faith requires) in what God revealed to humanity up to that believers time and in his dispensation. For David his content of faith included the Abe , land and Davidic covs as well as the mosaic law or mosaic cov. This is why David could say blessed is the one who's transgressions are not held against them while at the same time saying that the 613 laws of Moses were his delight and daily meditation

    Madists and Calvinists fail to see the obvious truth that the law of Moses, the mosaic dispensation was a curve ball thrown in by God for Gods purpose of augmenting sinful flesh.

    Paul reveals this in his writings. To fall from grace means to try and live one's life by the law in order to reach maturity or in order to self sanctify their selves.

    That is why they must place 1 Jn 1:9 as written to unbelievers instead of to believers. We confess our daily sins, we get restored daily and we win in the spiritual warfare because the law of Moses is not part of our daily requirements

    The laws of Christ which number in the hundreds are our laws today but we have put on Christ. We daily confess and are more than conquerors they Him. The laws of Christ are commandments and not options yet just like the previous dispensation's laws were never a means of salvation or sanctification, the laws of Christ are what the previous dispensation's law were. The rule of life for the already born again, regenerated saved people of God.

    Now, pass the sausage
    I can agree with nearly all of that except confessing daily. Confess to the God that knows our hearts and thoughts ? We sin without knowing, we can't possibly confess, we can be more aware.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  7. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

    Mark M (March 5th, 2016)

  8. #80
    Over 6000 post club intojoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    6,408
    Thanks
    316
    Thanked 690 Times in 587 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    548995
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    The problem is far more likely to be your faulty understanding of the dispensation given to Paul.
    Obviously your opinion is based on your logic and not scripture.
    How come David was under grace while living in the dispensation of the Law?

    Why did Adam receive grace before Paul?

  9. #81
    Over 6000 post club intojoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    6,408
    Thanks
    316
    Thanked 690 Times in 587 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    548995
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    I can agree with nearly all of that except confessing daily. Confess to the God that knows our hearts and thoughts ? We sin without knowing, we can't possibly confess, we can be more aware.
    That's the benefit of grace living, when we confess our sin we aren't telling God what we did, we are rather, agreeing with God calling it sin and when we confess those sins we are aware of He promises to cleanse us from all unrighteousness from the sins we forget about every day.

    We are commanded in the law of Christ to not go to bed before we have forgiven others. That's why grosnik has insomnia.

    We live in grace by giving grace by forgiving others each day and by confession to God our daily living is led by the Spirit.

  10. #82
    Over 6000 post club intojoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    6,408
    Thanks
    316
    Thanked 690 Times in 587 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    548995
    Hmm silenced

  11. #83
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    9,373
    Thanks
    6,456
    Thanked 10,273 Times in 6,036 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147626

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    Obviously your opinion is based on your logic and not scripture.
    How come David was under grace while living in the dispensation of the Law?

    Why did Adam receive grace before Paul?
    So I guess that a "dictionary theology" is all that we need, eh?

    David was "under grace"? Really? So he was under law and under grace?

    When speaking about Israel, Paul said this:
    Rom 11:5-7 KJV Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. (6) And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. (7) What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
    Just because some find grace with God does NOT mean the same thing as "not under the law, but under grace".
    Rom 6:14-15 KJV For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. (15) What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

    Has Amos 9:15 been cancelled?

    Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

    The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

  12. #84
    Over 6000 post club intojoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    6,408
    Thanks
    316
    Thanked 690 Times in 587 Posts

    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    548995
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    So I guess that a "dictionary theology" is all that we need, eh?

    David was "under grace"? Really? So he was under law and under grace?

    When speaking about Israel, Paul said this:
    Rom 11:5-7 KJV Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. (6) And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. (7) What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
    Just because some find grace with God does NOT mean the same thing as "not under the law, but under grace".
    Rom 6:14-15 KJV For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. (15) What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
    Are you antinomian?

    I'm under the law of Christ and in the grace of Christ.

  13. #85
    TOL Legend patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    27,468
    Thanks
    12,020
    Thanked 13,862 Times in 11,106 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147793
    Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    That's the benefit of grace living, when we confess our sin we aren't telling God what we did, we are rather, agreeing with God calling it sin and when we confess those sins we are aware of He promises to cleanse us from all unrighteousness from the sins we forget about every day.

    We are commanded in the law of Christ to not go to bed before we have forgiven others. That's why grosnik has insomnia.

    We live in grace by giving grace by forgiving others each day and by confession to God our daily living is led by the Spirit.
    I'm not being silent - you have a sporadic schedule; pell mell.



    but you're exactly right - led by the Spirit -

    Romans 8:26 KJV - Romans 8:27 KJV -
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  14. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

    Mark M (March 5th, 2016)

  15. #86
    Over 1500 post club Arsenios's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    1,611
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 39 Times in 36 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    80165
    Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    How come David was under grace
    while living in the dispensation of the Law?

    Why did Adam receive grace before Paul?
    God said: "I will have Mercy on whomsoever I WILL have mercy."

    The Mercy of God is Grace...

    The difference between David and Paul is not a matter of the presence or absence of Grace in either of them...

    Paul was Baptized into Christ (by Ananias)...

    David was not...

    Both had the Holy Spirit, David perhaps more than Paul...

    Yet Christ said that the least in the Kingdom of Heaven is greater than the greatest of the Prophets...

    The difference is not a matter of how much of God they carried within them...

    Arsenios
    Arsenios

  16. #87
    Over 1500 post club Arsenios's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    1,611
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 39 Times in 36 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    80165
    Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    We are commanded in the law of Christ
    to not go to bed before we have forgiven others.
    That's why grosnik has insomnia.
    That has got to be the funniest indictment of gm ever!

    Let me guess, IJ...

    You are part Cherokee??

    Arsenios
    Arsenios

  17. #88
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    9,373
    Thanks
    6,456
    Thanked 10,273 Times in 6,036 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147626

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    Are you antinomian?
    Of course, not.

    "Not under the law, but under grace" does not mean "anything goes".

    That was EXACTLY the charge that they tried to lay on Paul.
    Romans 6:15
    15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
    Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    I'm under the law of Christ and in the grace of Christ.
    That's good.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

    Has Amos 9:15 been cancelled?

    Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

    The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

  18. #89
    Over 500 post club JonahofAkron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Posts
    628
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 81 Times in 76 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    33258
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Of course, not.

    "Not under the law, but under grace" does not mean "anything goes".

    That was EXACTLY the charge that they tried to lay on Paul.
    Romans 6:15
    15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
    That's good.
    Agreed. Nicely put.

  19. #90
    TOL Legend patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    27,468
    Thanks
    12,020
    Thanked 13,862 Times in 11,106 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147793
    GRACE AMBASSADORS MINISTRY UPDATE

    November 7th, 2015
    The Greatest Division in the Bible


    Everyone divides the Bible.

    No honest student of the scripture, taking it literally, thinks all of the Bible is for their participation. The important issue, then, is right division.

    The most common division in scripture is between the old and new testaments. It is right to divide the old and new covenants given to Israel, but this is not the greatest division.

    The most important division in the Bible is between what God said he would do through the prophets since the world began, and what God is now doing described in the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began.

    If you want to see this division clearly start by comparing Acts 3:21 and Romans 16:25.

    Peter preached in Acts 3:21 what "God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began."

    Later, Paul preached in Romans 16:25 that "which was kept secret since the world began, but now is made manifest..."

    This is why it is right to divide Peter from Paul: they taught something different. Even if it is hard to see all that they taught differently, we know that they taught something different about what God was doing.

    Rightly dividing prophecy from mystery will eventually make the gospel, doctrine, pattern, walk, identity, and ministry of the church abundantly clear for you.

    If you are new to right division and are overwhelmed, then start here.

    See this difference between prophecy and mystery, and watch your spiritual understanding grow (Eph 3:9-10).

    For His glory,

    Justin "make all men see" Johnson
    Written in Their Hearts

    Does this new covenant get fulfilled in the church in 2 Corinthians 3:3-6? Do the Gentiles saved according to the revelation of the mystery partake of the prophesied covenant in Jeremiah 31? We think not. It was the same Spirit writing a different thing.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  20. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

    Mark M (March 5th, 2016)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us