Thanks
    Thanked 3,102 Times in 2,319 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    in The Acts Of The Apostles from the very beginning and before it was written, the Twelve knew and understood DBR. Paul was not the first to preach that particular piece of news. Peter, John and the Twelve knew that salvation was not for Jews ONLY.

Paul straightway preached to Jews and in synagogues and was heard by all, Greek, Roman, Jew, Gentile, believers or not. not until late Acts 13 does Paul declare his mission to Gentile/uncircumcision.

Matthias is chosen to replace Judas by the Holy Ghost. is Paul then the 13th ? each Apostle and disciple, all followers of Christ had a role and purpose in the Body, continuing to this day.

Paul has a different gospel than the others: a different message for different audiences and purposes. nit-picking specific points and details is fine for many, i know what God allows me to know as it's written

I have decided to go slower (if that's possible, lol)
    Patrick,

You and I have always gotten along. So I want you to know that is where I am coming from as I ask you the following.

Not to prove you wrong, and certainly not to lord it over you, or attempt to shame you into concluding you are clueless without me, as some attempt to do to others, when, clearly; that is not what truth is for, Gal. 5: 12-13.

Rather; that we might explore our differences in understanding, and leave things at that, should we disagree, Acts 17:11; Rom. 14: 5, 10.

For, at the end of the day, "Jesus Christ" alone "and him crucified" is, and should be, the only issue, 1 Cor. 2:2.

That out of the way, but hopefully ever before us, and between us, I was wondering if you might share those passages you believe show the Twelve knew and taught the DBR before Paul, and also, where specifically those passages say exactly that.

In the spirit of 2 Cor. 1: 24's "Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand."

Thanks
    Thanked 13,953 Times in 11,157 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    Patrick,

You and I have always gotten along. So I want you to know that is where I am coming from as I ask you the following.

Not to prove you wrong, and certainly not to lord it over you, or attempt to shame you into concluding you are clueless without me, as some attempt to do to others, when, clearly; that is not what truth is for, Gal. 5: 12-13.

Rather; that we might explore our differences in understanding, and leave things at that, should we disagree, Acts 17:11; Rom. 14: 5, 10.

For, at the end of the day, "Jesus Christ" alone "and him crucified" is, and should be, the only issue, 1 Cor. 2:2.

That out of the way, but hopefully ever before us, and between us, I was wondering if you might share those passages you believe show the Twelve knew and taught the DBR before Paul, and also, where specifically those passages say exactly that.

In the spirit of 2 Cor. 1: 24's "Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand."

Danoh,
    i just now saw this post - yes, i will show what led me to think that way - i don't write things down like i should, but i'll work on it and already was b4 you posted this. i'm slow - btw, no offense taken at all, nothin' but good times here - thanks book 'em -
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

3. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

Mark M (March 5th, 2016)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

"GRACE AMBASSADORS MINISTRY UPDATE"

"August 8th, 2015
    Selfishness and Grace

Selfishness is the sin that kills relationships.

Self-righteousness is religion.
    Self-esteem is pride.
    Self-gratification is lust.

When our self is inconvenienced, infringed, impugned, or injured we get angry, bitter, mean, and hateful.

Selfishness destroys your relationship to God and those around you.

The original sin was selfish when an entitled man and woman became vain in their imagination, darkened their hearts, and professed themselves to be wise.

Vanity is defined in the Bible as living for yourself.
    Darkness in your heart is not able to shed light on anyone else, and selfish people always think they are wiser than everyone else.

If you only serve yourself you serve a fool (Rom 1:22).

The opposite of selfishness is grace. Grace is entirely unselfish. You cannot be selfish and gracious at the same time. Grace is doing for others, especially when they can't do, have not earned, or deserved.

If selfishness kills relationships, grace heals them.

We are saved by grace through faith in what God did for us through Christ. We are reconciled to God by his grace toward us.

Grace crucifies our self with Christ (Gal 2:20; Rom 6:5).
    Grace esteems others better than ourselves, pleases our neighbour for his good, and is grateful to God for all he did for us.

Selfishness kills relationships, but grace gives, forgives, and provides new life and peace.

Make grace the principle in your relationship, and live peaceably with God and all men.

Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ." - Phil 1:2

For His glory,

~ Just a grace believer. Justin Johnson"

"Following the Lord in Baptism

The grace believer agrees that there is a baptism of the Lord that we must be baptized with. I would go so far as to declare with boldness that this baptism is necessary for my salvation! But we should know that Jesus was baptized twice, and the second is where we should pay attention."

From Grace Ambassadors - justin johnson

5. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

Mark M (March 5th, 2016)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

"GRACE AMBASSADORS MINISTRY UPDATE

June 20th, 2015
    Philippians: The Mind of Christ"

"Paul tells the Corinthians that a spiritual man judges all things and has the mind of Christ (1 Cor 2:15-16). The carnal Corinthians were not spiritual, nor did they have the mind of Christ(1 Cor 3:1-2).

If you ever wondered about the mind of Christ that Paul could not communicate to the Corinthians, then read Philippians repeatedly.

Philippians explains the mind of Christ in all its excellent detail.

Like the Corinthians, the Philippians needed reproof. Unlike the Corinthians, the Philippians were not carnal babes. They were faithful, charitable, and generous.

However, they had a wrong idea that Christian success relied too much on circumstance, status, and people, rather than on the Lord Jesus Christ and the power of his resurrection.

Paul was in prison and they were distraught. Epaphroditus was sick and they were worried. Suffering, opposition, and poverty were near them and they were fearful and full of care.

Paul teaches them how the same mind of Christ can lead to true rejoicing which otherwise is hindered by the uncertainty of our circumstances, weakness of our flesh, and cares of the world."

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus" - Phil 2:5

For His glory,

Justin "rejoicing" Johnson"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

Mark M (March 5th, 2016)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Patrick,

Danoh, sorry - sometimes i 4get which thread i'm on, what and where i posted etc. sometimes i think of a whole long post and write it my head and never post it lol-

i did post this statement somewhere and - i still say Jesus preached DBR and the 12 knew, BUT they didn't or may not have all fully understood yet

Act 2:23 KJV - Acts 2:24 KJV - Acts 2 :25 KJV -

Acts 2:31 KJV - Acts 2:32 KJV - Act 2:33 KJV - Acts 2:34 KJV -

Paul and Barnabas didn't even fully know by Acts 13, and not until after Acts 28 as Paul was still blessed with prophesying . technically we can say the dispensations toward Paul started in Acts 9; with ONGOING revelations even beyond The Acts -

Peter, John, Luke, James, Matthew and ALL the 12 and Paul, and ALL the Brethren, Disciples and chiefs etc, etc. took counsel, all were kept abreast and as informed as possible. even when they split up through ministry, preaching, persecution, travails and sickness they all knew the same preaching. maybe not all at the same time.

Paul says there is no difference, Jew or Greek and Gentile - - why do we try to make a difference even now - i don't.

my point was DBR was known in general before Paul saw/heard Christ,
    the Apostles knew Christ's Life, DBR washed all sins away from believers by baptism in water.
    i think some knew that the Gentiles would be brought in to salvation, perhaps at the same time as Paul, because PAUL TOLD THEM. remember of course, all of the many other folks and followers, ie Barnabas, Titus, the seven, all the brethren, men and women, even many many not mentioned in the Bible. it can't all be written, not every name and detail.

to me, debating the fine points of who what where when how is the wrong direction of abundant energy - iow, i don't care who said or did what first and then spend time and energy bickering and researching. even typing or acknowledging the behavior is a waste. even if it takes no energy. sometimes real spiritual growth and fellowship is missing -

but that's just me -
    Last edited by patrick jane; August 27th, 2015 at 10:47 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

Mark M (March 5th, 2016)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

update from grace ambassadors justin johnson weekly email to me

to me pj, from justin johnson -
    GRACE AMBASSADORS MINISTRY UPDATE

August 22nd, 2015
    The End of the Beginning

The tone for the rest of the Bible is clear after spending 49 weeks studying Genesis: the book of beginnings.

Genesis begins with God’s perfect creation, and ends with a promise of moving a dead man.

In the beginning God made promises of salvation, resurrection, land, and blessings to men who were sinners. How could he rightly deliver on his promises when all sinners die?

In the end of the beginning one of the very best men in history is dead in a coffin hundreds of miles away from the promised land (Gen 50:26).

Every man in the book dies, but there were men who died in faith with a hope of good things to come from God (see Hebrews 11).

What's the lesson? With God there is hope. Without God there is none. Man brought sin and death into the world. God intervened to provide a solution.

"ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good" - Gen 50:20

If this is not foreshadowing, then I don't know what is.

Can God move dead men? Will God fulfill his promise? How will the hope of Israel be fulfilled? (See Acts 26:8)

How God would fulfill his promises was still a mystery for the twenty-five hundred years covered in Genesis. Study all 49 weeks of Genesis to learn about the foundation of prophecy spoken since the world began (Acts 3:19-21).

If you're one of those people who skip to the end of a book to find out "whodunnit", then you can listen to the book of Romans to learn about the revelation of the mystery (Rom 16:25-26).

For His glory,

Justin "to be continued" Johnson
    100 Types Found in Genesis

Types are a divine foreshadowing of future events, people, or relationships through the historical recording of different ancient events, people, or relationships. Genesis contains many such types and prophecies. One of the most amazing is found in the life and story of Joseph.

OUR MISSION

Grace Ambassadors exists to clarify the gospel of Jesus Christ by encouraging Bible belief and teaching mid-Acts Pauline dispensational right division.
    (Read more about us)

Free resources at www.graceambassadors.com
    THE GOSPEL THAT SAVES

"I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved ... that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

- 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 (KJB)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

Mark M (March 5th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,942 Times in 4,011 Posts

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what we read on the Grace Ambassadors site about "Justification" and the Jews who lived under the Law:

"Salvation and the law; justification by faith in Jesus as the Messiah accompanied by necessary works."

That cannot possibly be correct because the following words spoken by the Lord Jesus to the Jews who lived under the Law make it plain that only "faith" was necessary for salvation:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).
    Last edited by Jerry Shugart; August 28th, 2015 at 10:05 PM.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    This is what we read on the Grace Ambassadors site about "Justification" and the Jews who lived under the Law:

"Salvation and the law; justification by faith in Jesus as the Messiah accompanied by necessary works."

That cannot possibly be correct because the following words spoken by the Lord Jesus to the Jews who lived under the Law make it plain that only "faith" was necessary for salvation:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).
    The following is Jerry's mind as it goes into high gear to work its nasty spirit against others within Mid-Acts.

What sets his mind into high gear is not just anything he views as error. Whether or not it is, is not the issue for him. Rather; what he is after is how he might turn it into a means of hounding after others given his desperate, would be "little dictator" need to have others acknowledge not only that he alone is right, but to have it repeated back to him, in his words, "please." Thus, his "so, you're saying that..."

Anyway, someone posts, say, a website link. Jerry goes into high gear "Hmm, let me visit that site, troll around; see if there is anything there I might use to further build my case against these messengers I am attacking with my wonderful, oh, so ingenious label 'Neo-Mad.' Ah, here's a gem - now I'll get my glory..."

Yeah, sure, Daffy Duck, lol

You're just like that Duck; ever in need of acknowledgement, only to have it blow up in his face.

You assert Acts 13 based on Anderson's Acts 28, what a joke you are.

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=patrick jane;44
    Matthias is chosen to replace Judas by the Holy Ghost. is Paul then the 13th ? each Apostle and disciple, all followers of Christ had a role and purpose in the Body, continuing to this day.
    /QUOTE]

Hi and I am sure that you know that PAUL could never qualify to be an apostle like the 12 as Acts 1:21 and 22 !!

There is a difference between GRACE and the Dispensation of Grace !!

Rom 16:7 is a DILENMA for most , and how to explain how someone can be "in Christ " BEFORE PAUL !!

It shows 2 Gospel , like Acts 15:11 !!

dan p

Thanks

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't wait til Jerry is either banned forever, gets a life, or drops dead.
    You are out of control and obviously in need of professional help.

I will no longer respond to anything you say because my remarks just make your condition worse.

I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ that you will seek help.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You are out of control and obviously in need of professional help.

I will no longer respond to anything you say because my remarks just make your condition worse.

I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ that you will seek help.
    That's weird; I clicked on your deletion, and the above popped up.

You, sir, have a problem you tired to delete, lol

Thanks
    Thanked 37,258 Times in 23,173 Posts

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's weird; I clicked on your deletion, and the above popped up.

You, sir, have a problem you tired to delete, lol
    Jerry has said that multiple times. And yet he keeps responding to you.

August 26th at 11:50 pm
    August 26th at 11:56
    So I will no longer respond to anything which you say until your condition improves.
    August 27th at 12:02 am
    I will no longer respond to anything you say.

August 27th at 9:37 am
    August 28 at 11:38 am
    August 28th at 1:46 pm
    August 28th at 3:14 pm

Are you about protecting truth, or protecting feelings?

Thanks

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Jerry has said that multiple times. And yet he keeps responding to you.
    Then I will change what I said to this:

"I will no longer respond to anything new which you say because my remarks just make your condition worse."

I wish you were as picky about what the Bible says as you are with the things which I say. For instance, let us look at the following words of the Lord Jesus spoken to the Jews who lived under the law:

Do you think that the words of the Lord are saying that if one of those Jews believed then they were saved? Do you agree that doing works had nothing to do with them receiving salvation?

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    "Let us look at" Jerry repeating he will no longer be responding to Danoh.

What we are looking at is a repeat of that old Dunkin Donuts commercial, where the guy keeps running into himself "time to make the donuts - I already made the donuts!" - "time to make the donuts - I already made the donuts!" - "time to make the donuts - I already made the donuts!"

Jerry, you already made the donuts, lol

Thanks
    Thanked 37,258 Times in 23,173 Posts

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"Let us look at" Jerry repeating he will no longer be responding to Danoh.

What we are looking at is a repeat of that old Dunkin Donuts commercial, where the guy keeps running into himself "time to make the donuts - I already made the donuts!" - "time to make the donuts - I already made the donuts!" - "time to make the donuts - I already made the donuts!"

Jerry, you already made the donuts, lol

Crazy people are fun to watch. It's been fun watching Jerry.

BTW, put me down for $2 that Jerry will say it at least 5 more times.

Are you about protecting truth, or protecting feelings?

Thread Information