Thanks
    Thanked 16,577 Times in 13,017 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Gee.....I can't believe that's still messing up. Oh well, think of it this way. What you don't know, won't hurt ya.

Nothing will ever be like TOL is for me. This is my home but I hope some fixes or updates can be done before too long. It seems lonely here now without being able to see who is all online and no chat or notifications. I can't pop up to the top of the page either. Do I understand that for some, everything works the same as always?
    Last edited by patrick jane; March 7th, 2018 at 04:15 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

glorydaz (March 5th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,284 Times in 18,626 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    I got banned from CF for a bit for fighting back with ruthless sarcasm at a troll. I sounded a little like john w so you can imagine. They also closed my Biblical, Enclosed Flat Earth and Firmament thread for me getting harassed and ridiculed and snapping back. Kinda like here However, I found a new forum and talked to the owner for an hour today and he said no bans or shutdowns for me. What a pleasure and a blessing, IMO. On the same day. Anyway I had over 6,000 views in 7 days. I also have a light hearted and uplifting, videos, images and memes thread. In 2015 I started a keep a word change a word there and it's still growing strong, a new MAD thread and I already have one opponent. Everybody there wants to tell each other how wrong they are on their doctrines and interpretations.

I guess that's natural, even here but I'm on the winning side at TOL. Nothing will ever be like TOL is for me. This is my home but I hope some fixes or updates can be done before too long. It seems lonely here now without being able to see who is all online and no chat or notifications. I can't pop up to the top of the page either. I'm rambling. Do I understand that for some, everything works the same as always?
    Everything is the same for me....obviously that's not true for everyone. But, there have been problems before and they always get cleared up. Maybe it has something to do with the weather....or maybe the Russians.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

patrick jane (March 5th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

By Justin Johnson

“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” – 2 Timothy 2:15
    Perhaps you have heard this verse used as a slogan for Bible study, or even dispensational Bible study, but why did Paul tell Timothy to rightly divide the word of truth?
    What did Paul mean by “rightly dividing the word of truth”?
    In the verse immediately preceding this command, we learn that there were contentions about words from God that subverted the hearers and destroyed their faith.
    “Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.” – 2 Tim 2:14
    Paul’s command to rightly divide the word of truth was intended to rescue these men from subversion, by putting “them in remembrance”.
    Remembrance of what? Apparently it was remembrance of Paul’s gospel.
    “Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things. Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel…” – 2 Tim 2:7-8
    They were to remember that Paul was appointed the preacher, apostle, and teacher of the Gentiles, and were to continue in what they learned from him ( 2 Tim 1:11-13).
    Paul’s gospel gives the full explanation as to the purpose of Christ’s death and resurrection, which was hidden since the world began, but had been appointed to Paul to preach.
    “Who saved us… according to his own purpose, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, but is now made manifest… whereunto I am appointed a preacher…” – 2 Tim 1:8-11
    Paul endured much trouble in preaching the mystery of the gospel committed unto him by the Lord (1 Tim 1:11; 1 Cor 9:17; Eph 6:19-20).
    By the grace of God he persisted to see all men profit from eternal life and the riches of God’s grace according to his gospel. It was only through Paul’s gospel that men could now obtain this profit in Christ.
    Timothy possessed the same commission from Paul ( 1 Tim 6:20-21), but instead of profiting the hearers they were being subverted.
    Some men desired to be teachers of the law which Paul called vanity (1 Tim 1:5-9). Others were teaching the profanity by denying the resurrection.
    The word of truth rightly divided should have brought all men to understanding God’s will. The opposite had occurred, because of wrong doctrine.
    Timothy faced pressure to change the doctrine he had learned from Paul, and perhaps follow the teachings of Moses, Jesus under the law, or the circumcision.
    Paul exhorted Timothy not to be ashamed of him, nor the message of grace he learned from him, but to be strong in the grace (2 Tim 1:8; 2 Tim 1:13; 2 Tim 2:1).
    Paul is famous for posing the question, “do I now persuade men, or God?” Here, Paul does not let Timothy answer the question, but supplies the answer himself.
    “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed… “ – 2 Timothy 2:15
    We study to show ourselves approved unto God, and not unto men.
    There was no reason for Timothy to back down or be ashamed of Paul or his message of grace, even if it meant he had to suffer the inconvenience of ruffling the feathers and charging some men to be quiet and “teach no other doctrine” (1 Tim 1:3).
    Timothy was a teacher of the truth, a workman of the Lord, and he needed to prove himself in this. He would be an unashamed workman if he did one thing:
    “…rightly dividing the word of truth” – 2 Tim 2:15
    Rightly divide it from the strife and wrong doctrine that existed. Hold fast the form of sound words!
    Paul is commanding Timothy to continue in the faith that he learned from him (2 Tim 3:14). Speak those things that he heard from him, and not from the teachers of the law, circumcision, vanity and profanity.
    Letting these strifes and oppositions against Paul’s doctrine would not only be wrong, but harmful to the hearers. This would have been wrong division. Hindering the hearers from understanding God’s will.
    Rightly divide the word of truth for the profit of the hearers. Mix it with confusion, and placate the profane, and the faith would be overthrown.
    Paul told Timothy to give people what is right from the Lord, and shun what was wrong. This can be hard when what is right is not what people want.
    Right division is the separation from wrong doctrine to stand for what is right and profit the hearers.
    “But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.” – 2 Timothy 2:16
    The word of truth revealed to Paul for the church today is right, and any doctrine contrary to what the Lord had revealed to him for today is wrong.
    This is why Paul charged Timothy to rightly divide the word of truth. A failure to do so would result in a failure in the faith of those he ministered to.

Top of the Page
    Article IndexPublished: October 25, 2014
    Last Modified: October 25, 2014Related posts:

1. -Learning to Rightly Divide
      -How to Rightly Divide
      -How to Win a Doctrinal Argument
      -The Number One Killer of Grace Ministries
      -Is All the Bible Written For Us?
      -Who Else Teaches Mid-Acts Right Division?
      -Where Right Dividers Can Get Stuck

6. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

glorydaz (March 6th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

The Bible speaks about things for which many people are searching. For example it tells us of the creation of the world; the cause of evil in the world; and man’s purpose of existence

The Bible also speaks about the cause of death. It says, ‘Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned’ (Romans 5:12). The Bible tells the story of how the first man, Adam, was disobedient towards God and introduced sin and death into the world.

As a result there are two things we can be sure of in life, ‘it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment’ (Hebrews 9:27). Every person will die because of their sin, and then their every word, deed, and thought will be judged by God’s righteous standard.
    How will the judgment turn out? Well, ‘‘to them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil” (Romans 2:8-9).

The evil will be punished for eternity with anguish and wrath, the righteous will be rewarded with eternal life. Yet, there is a problem: There is none that are righteous. We are all headed for eternal damnation in hell!
    How can we make such a harsh and absolute statement? How can we know that we are not good enough to get into heaven? We can determine our fate on Judgment Day by using God’s standard of judgment.
    Read ‘Am I good enough to go to heaven?

God’s Act of Salvation

This life is only for a moment, and yet our eternal destiny lies in the balance of what we do in this brief moment.
    Will we continue to live, even seemingly good lives, knowing that we will still be found guilty by God? Or do we seek for salvation from the wrath to come and seek for the righteousness that can gain eternal life for us.
    Because of God’s love towards us, and his unwillingness that we should face eternal damnation, He provided for us a way of salvation through Jesus Christ (John 14:6).

Knowing that we are all sinners, and that there are none righteous (Romans 3:10), God sent Jesus Christ to take your place on the cross (Romans 3:25). The wrath and judgment of God was poured out upon His perfect Son, who did not deserve death or punishment.
    This righteous sacrifice was made sin for us so that we could gain his righteousness (2 Cor 5:21). Now we can receive righteousness apart from the law of God, which is the righteousness that comes by faith of Jesus Christ (Rom 3:21-22). Though we did not deserve any rescue from our own sinful condition, God showed his love for us by dying for our sins:

“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” – Romans 5:8

The gospel of God’s Grace

Grace is a gift received but not deserved. The Bible says that when we put our faith in what Christ did on the cross by His grace then we are saved from the wrath of God (Eph 2:8). We are justified [made righteous] freely by the redemption in Christ Jesus (Romans 3:24).

If we put our faith in the Lord Jesus and his propitiation on the cross, then we can stand before God on judgment day and know that Jesus has provided a complete payment of our sins. Therefore we are saved not by how well we act or perform, because we are all guilty of God’s righteous standard, instead we are saved by what Christ did and performed on our behalf (Eph 2:9, Titus 3:5).
    “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” – Romans 3:23
    Yet we have been graciously given an opportunity to participate in the glory of God through our trust in the gospel of Jesus Christ (Romans 1:16).
    If you are not sure if you are going to heaven, reread this page, then determine in yourself how you will fare on judgment day. Will you be guilty when God judges you by his righteous standard? The Bible says we all have fallen short.
    Are you saved from God’s wrath?

Do you see the need for salvation from sin and death? If so, then read the gospel of the grace of God on this page again or in your Bible in Romans 3:19-26, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, or Titus 3:3-7.
    Do you trust and believe that Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, is able to perform that which he promised for you, eternal life? Trust in him, as you would a life preserver on judgment day.
    Your faith is rewarded by eternal life:
    “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. ” – Romans 6:23

The Bible says that if you have heard of the gospel of your salvation and you have trusted in Jesus Christ and his death and resurrection, then you have been given the Holy Spirit as a seal and a promise of what God will give you for eternity – which is life everlasting.
    If you have trusted in the gospel, you may not feel like much of anything has changed. But know, by faith in the word of Truth, that you are now forever changed from a child of sin and disobedience to one of God’s children who will reign and rule with Him for eternity in heavenly places.
    You are saved from the wrath of God, and have been given eternal life by the grace of God!

Top of the Page
    Topical Index PagePublished: Sunday, September 20th, 2009
    Last Modified: May 31, 2016Related posts:

1. -Now That I Am Saved By Grace, May I Sin?
      -Does God Punish Sin After I’ve Been Saved By Grace?
      -What Is Sin?
      -God is Always Right
      -Can We Lose Our Salvation By Grace?
      -How Do I Know I Am Saved?
      -Are There Many Ways To Salvation?

Last edited by patrick jane; March 8th, 2018 at 06:08 PM.

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Paul was uniquely saved by God, not by his murderous works, nor by covenant promise, but freely by God’s grace (1 Cor 15:8; Titus 3:5).
    Paul was a unique apostle. He was the chief persecutor of the twelve apostles and he calls himself the chief of sinners, but was called by God to be an apostle of God’s grace (Acts 8:1; Rom 1:1,15:15).

“This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.” – 1 Tim 1:15-16

The Lord Jesus Christ appeared to Paul on the road to Damascus and many times after to reveal what was “from the beginning of the world… hid in God”, that is, the fellowship of the mystery.
    “Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ…” – Eph 3:8-9
    Paul calls this revelation the “mystery of Christ”, the “mystery among the Gentiles”, and the “dispensation of the grace of God”. This mystery of Christ is distinct from what “was spoken of by the mouth of the prophets since the world began” concerning Christ (Acts 3:21, Rom 16:25, Eph 3:1-3).

What was Revealed

So, what is this mystery revealed to Paul?
    The mystery revealed about Christ affected both the message of salvation and sanctification (God’s separation of a people for his service).
    The mystery regarding salvation is the gospel of Christ: how any man can be justified freely by God’s grace through faith in Christ Jesus as our propitiation (Rom 3:20-26, 15:16; Eph 6:19).
    The mystery revealed to Paul regarding sanctification is the identity of a new creature called the church, the one body of Christ (Rom 12:5; Eph 4:4). The church is to practice and preach the gospel of Christ and all its blessings free in Christ to all men through faith(Rom 5-8; Eph 1:3, 3:3-9).

Rightly Dividing Prophecy and Mystery

The most important thing to learn in discerning God’s will in the Bible is to rightly identify and divide the mystery of Christ from what was spoken to the prophets concerning Christ.
    What God had spoken of by the mouth of His prophets since the world began is not what God kept secret since the world began (Acts 3:21 vs. Rom 16:25). Mixing mystery truth with the message prophesied to Israel has led to many doctrinal heresies and confusions.
    Without understanding the mystery Christ revealed to Paul we cannot be faithful stewards of those mysteries, nor faithful ministers of Christ.
    “Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.” – 1 Cor 4:1-2

More importantly, if we do not understand the mystery of Christ revealed to Paul we cannot obey the Lord’s greatest commission “to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery” with its unsearchable riches (Eph 3:8-9)

For more lessons on what is the mystery of Christ find an audio lesson, outline, seminar series, and online tract about What is the Mystery of Christ.You can also read about what people confuse for the Mystery of Christ here.
    You can also find an entire section of this site dedicated to explaining the mystery of Christ and its implications for studying the Bible.

Top of the Page
    Topical Index Page Published: Wednesday, August 24th, 2005
    Last Modified: March 23, 2016Related posts:

1. -Paul’s Stewardship of the Mysteries
      -Stewards of the Mysteries
      -Was the Mystery Hidden in Prophecy?
      -Secret Since the World Began
      -A Mystery in the Bible
      -Celebrities and Mailmen
      -Was Paul’s Message Unique?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

glorydaz (March 8th, 2018),SaulToPaul (March 10th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

By Justin Johnson

Many see no need for a religious figure who lived two millennia ago. He did not help them get their first job, buy their first house, or find their first wife.
    They ask, “what has he ever done for me?”
    He does not provide entertainment, cure sickness, distribute money, grant the wishes of dying children, or lower taxes.
    They think, “why would I need Jesus if he does not help with the things most important to me?”

Even Christians who claim his name, appoint him their co-pilot, or use him as Saviour don’t feel they need him once they have him in their pile of possessions. While they express praise for him, they can go days, weeks, and months without a single thought of needing Christ for anything. Even ministry work and Bible study can distract us from the need for Christ if it is done as busywork and not with Christ as the goal.
    It is a worthwhile question to ask why you need Jesus Christ. Especially, if you think yourself a Christian who already believes in him. Here are 11 reasons you need the Lord Jesus Christ now and forever.

1. Truth

The truth is in Christ. He is the truth. You cannot know the truth without Jesus Christ. Paul says all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hidden in him (Col 2:3; Eph 4:21). To make sense of anything you need Jesus Christ. Your pursuit for truth ends with Christ, and is not exhausted just because you heard the truth of the gospel (1 Tim 2:4).

2. Life

If you are reading this you are alive, and may think that Jesus Christ has nothing to do with it. However, the life you have now was given to you, and it is destined to end. The life that comes through Jesus Christ has no end. If you enjoy life and want it to continue then you need Jesus Christ. There is no life without him. To live is Christ. Eternal life is through him (Rom 6:23).

3. Death

None of us escapes death. The science we have about death tells us we are all dying a little bit each day.There is no science that describes what happens after you die. There is revelation from God who sees the invisible, lives in the immaterial, and knows what happens in secret. In resurrection Jesus Christ defeated death for any man to follow after. Death did not hold him and today he offers this power to all who believe him. Daily life and regeneration is promised to those who live in Christ Jesus.

4. Sin

Everyone sins, including the most self-righteous religionists and church-goers. Without Christ what becomes of our sins? They must be accounted for, and without Christ they are all accounted to you. The judgment has already been made against you, and your sentencing day will arrive when you die. We need the man Christ Jesus to atone for our sins (Rom 5:11). We need Jesus Christ the Son of God to mediate between God and us (1 Tim 2:5). Through Christ’s blood, we have forgiveness. We need Jesus Christ as long as sin is still present, or else it would be unrighteous to forgive anyone for sins.

5. Peace

Peace is allusive in this world where we toil to provide what we need, and there are constantly others who are trying to take what we have. We can have peace with God through Jesus Christ (Rom 5:1). We can also have the peace of God work in us through the Lord Jesus Christ (Phil 4:7). Peace is something every man desires, and yet few have consistently without Christ.

6. Hope

Without Christ the best hope anyone has is to seek as much pleasure as they can before their clock runs out. What vanity! This is little more than the last meal of a man on death row! With Christ we have the hope of glory greater than anything we can achieve on our own. It is the glory of God and the promise of inheritance through Christ.

7. Grace

We would have none of these things if it were not for God’s grace giving them to us freely. How can we buy hope, peace, or another 100 years to our life? We cannot. A just man would uphold the principle of giving people what they deserve, but what if you deserve nothing or worse? What is your net worth then? What of the times you fail, sin, or break the law? No one truly wants what they deserve, they want more. If you are a sinner, you need more. Grace is necessary for you to continue, and the grace of God to you is in Christ Jesus providing what you cannot.

8. Suffering

One of the greatest problems in the world is suffering, and without Christ there is no solution for much of it. Modern science can alleviate some pain and suffering, but cannot eliminate it. How do we deal with it? Christ suffered and died with us when he lived, and now is exalted above all things. He now provides comfort to those who will trust him, learn from him, and join him in the fellowship of his sufferings (2 Cor 1:9; Eph 4:21-22; Phil 3:10).

9. Strength

Some people are stronger than others, but there always seems to be someone or some thing more powerful in this life to overwhelm you. Only some of us have great physical strength. Yet, what of the inner strength needed to make right choices, to live each day, and to resist the evil. How does one go on? Jesus Christ provides this strength when all things are done through him (Phil 4:11-13).

10. Prayer

Someone who does not pray does not think they need God for anything. A prayerful man is a man who sees their need for God. Without Christ there is nothing God can do. Without Christ prayers are heard and not answered. Prayers are answered through Christ in us (Eph 3:11-20).

11. Joy

It is amazing how many people think they do not need the Lord Jesus Christ because they find joy in their life now without him. We might as well say we have no need of the sun because we have light bulbs. The sun lasts much longer, is much brighter, has more benefits, and we only need one! Rejoice in Christ, and your joy will be full. Without Christ, we are playing with sparklers.

Conclusion

Perhaps you don’t think you need Christ because you see Christians who live like they don’t. Do not let this fool you. Many Christians have not yet learned all that they need from him, and are busy seeking their own things and not the things of Christ (Phil 2:21).
    We preach the Son of God alive and well, not dead Christianity.
    We preach Jesus Christ, not every trivia or mystery from the Bible.
    We preach the Lord Jesus Christ, not any denomination, preacher, commentary, philosophy, or opinion.

God can supply all you need, when you acknowledge your need for Jesus Christ. Why would you reject Christ and lack these things?
    The need for Christ is greater than the need for anything else, but it is easy to ignore your greatest needs when you don’t know how to meet them. What is most important gets reduced to only those needs that you can fulfill: food, money, temporary happiness. The greatest needs of mankind remain unfulfilled, and your life will be too without Christ.

Your need for Jesus Christ can be met by believing the gospel that Christ supplies everything you need for salvation, life, truth, and joy. Christ can be in you today, providing forgiveness, strength, the hope of glory, and grace freely when you believe he provided what you need.
    Every man needs the Lord Jesus Christ. Not every man knows it. Now you know. What will you do now?
    Trust the gospel, and receive what God has provided for you in Christ from God’s word rightly divided.

Top of the Page
    Article IndexPublished: June 20, 2015
    Last Modified: June 20, 2015Related posts:

1. -Without Hope
      -Does Christ Make You Happy?
      -When Loved Ones Die
      -Sin and Your Identity in Christ
      -How Things Work Together for Good
      -God and Suffering
      -This One Thing I Do

11. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

glorydaz (March 10th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

GRACE AMBASSADORS
    MINISTRY UPDATE

March 10th, 2018

Teach as to Children

Understanding your Bible should not be complicated. If feedback you receive says you are making it difficult, you need to change your approach. Try explaining it to a child.

Children have smaller vocabularies and less tolerance if you misspeak. This forces you to explain new concepts using simpler words and to define new words clearly.

Without simplifying the message we risk sounding over-complicated and convoluted.

Without condescending, we need to speak plainly and clearly to people if we are to make all men see the fellowship of the mystery (Eph 3:9).

We can not make them believe, but If they can not see then we have failed at our job.

Simplify. Speak clear. Help them see.

For His glory,

Justin “plain and clear” Johnson

Stop Blaming the Holy Ghost

Church folk like to blame the Holy Ghost for a lot of poor choices. The Holy Ghost resides within you as the temple of God. He is not your babysitter or scapegoat.

Read More
    30 Reasons We Do Not Operate Under the New Testament

One common hindrance in understanding how to rightly divide the word of truth has been the generally wrong teaching about the New Covenant, but no one on the planet today operates under Israel’s New Testament.

Read More
    Required Words for Salvation

Have you ever heard an evangelist towards the end of his altar call say something such as, “if you want to be saved tonight, repeat after me…”?

Read More
    Audio: Ground of the Truth

Without the proper foundation for truth the church is on shaky and unstable ground. Learn about some of the weak pillars of truth that have crept into the church.

Read More
    UPCOMING SCHEDULE

Sunday, 3/11 - Reminder: Daylight Saving Time Begins
    10:00am - Romans Chapter Summaries: Romans 7
    11:00am - The Mystery of Communion

Tuesday, 3/13
    7:00pm - Acts 9 - Introduction

Visit us in person!
    Read 'What to Expect'
    Get Directions
    OUR MISSION

Grace Ambassadors exists to clearly preach the gospel of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery, encourage Bible belief, and edify the church by teaching mid-Acts Pauline dispensational right division.
    (Read more about us)

Find more free resources at www.graceambassadors.com
    THE GOSPEL THAT SAVES

"I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved ... how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

- 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 (KJB)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I think @Arthur Brain wants to join this thread to simply view in his spare time. He probably wants to start with this post above. Look how far I've come since starting this thread, Art. The truth is out there, friend.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

This "tip" was originally delivered on Saturday, October 10th, 2015 .

Why ought you follow the pattern the Lord provided through the apostle Paul?

A failure to follow Paul’s pattern…
    … diminishes the preaching of the cross for salvation.
    … exchanges the power of resurrection for will power.
    … robs your spiritual riches in Christ Jesus.
    … perpetuates ignorance of God’s will for today.
    … weakens the body of Christ by putting the church under the law, identified with Israel, in conditional standing with God.
    No wonder Paul spent so much time in his epistles declaring his special apostleship.
    “Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.” – 1 Corinthians 4:16
    For His glory,
    Justin “I follow Paul” Johnson

Full List of Email Tips

Related posts:

1. -Jesus Sent Paul
      -Rejecting Paul is Rejecting Christ
      -Does Mid-Acts Right Division Worship Paul?
      -The First to Preach the Gospel
      -So We Preach…
      -Without Paul
      -Was Paul More Than A Great Missionary?

Last edited by patrick jane; March 12th, 2018 at 12:45 AM.

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Rejecting Paul is Rejecting Christ

|
    PRINT THIS POST
    By Justin Johnson
    “I follow Jesus, not Paul”
    This is a common response from those who fear making too much of Paul will diminish the Lord Jesus Christ.
    After all, Christ is our Head, not Paul; Christ is our Saviour, not Paul; Christ is our Lord, not Paul; Christ died for our sins, not Paul!
    Paul is not the Christ, but Christ sent Paul.
    The Lord describes Paul as his “chosen vessel… to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel” (Acts 9:15).
    Paul was a minister of the Lord in preaching the dispensation of the grace of God and to reveal the mystery of Christ and his church (Eph 3:1-2; Col 1:25-27).
    Christ sent Paul to speak for him. When they heard Paul, they were hearing God’s words.
    “… when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, …” – 1 Thess 2:13
    Those who were spiritual and prophetically knew God’s purpose understood that Paul spoke the commandments of the Lord.
    “If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.” – 1 Cor 14:37
    These commandments were given to him directly from the Lord Jesus.
    “For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.” – Gal 1:12
    “For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.” – 1 Thess 4:2
    It was the Lord that sent Paul, and so the words he gave Paul to preach and to write were the words of the Lord.
    To receive the Lord, men were required to receive Paul. As the Lord commands:
    “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.” – John 13:20
    Even still there were those who despised Paul and rejected his special apostleship from the Lord. When their doctrine was contradicted, they would shout “we follow Moses”, “we follow Peter”, “we follow Jesus”, while at the same time rejecting the message Jesus gave to Paul.
    Paul responded to these rejections in almost every epistle he wrote.
    “Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.” – 1 Cor 11:1
    “For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.” – 2 Cor 11:5
    “He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.” – 1 Thess 4:8
    The Father, Son, and Spirit confirmed Paul’s message. He was not behind any of the apostles in authority, having been sent by the Lord himself.
    To glorify Christ we must magnify Paul’s office.
    If anyone rejects Paul, they reject Christ.
    Top of the Page
    Article IndexPublished: June 21, 2014
    Last Modified: July 13, 2015
    Related posts:

1. -The Ignorant Natural Man
      -Does Mid-Acts Right Division Worship Paul?
      -Jesus Sent Paul
      -Without Paul
      -Do Prophets Exist Today?
      -Our Bible Not from the Catholics
      -Paul as a Mother

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

By Justin Johnson

The popular saying is, “you don’t know what you have ‘til it’s gone.” For too long the Lord’s special revelation to Paul has received second or third hand treatment to the ‘red letters’ and prophecy.
    I propose an experiment in the spirit of Dickens’ Christmas ghosts. Let’s pretend Paul was never saved on the road to Damascus. What would happen to the church if Paul was never given his revelation of the mystery from the Lord?
    Temporarily remove Paul’s epistles from the Bible. There are thirteen books from Romans to Philemon. Take them all out. You will also need to take out Paul’s ministry in the book of Acts also. Acts nine and onward should be removed as well.
    Now, let’s draw an adequate picture of what remains.
    Church without Paul
    Without Paul, the last testimony from the church we see is the church in the temple from Acts 2-5. This group is led by Peter and the other eleven apostles.
    They are continuing with the Lord’s commissions in Mark 16, Mat 28, Luke 24, and John 20. Accompanying their ministry are extraordinary powers which the Holy Ghost utilizes for signs of the coming kingdom (Mark 16:17).
    Jesus had instructed the apostles in the end of his ministry to remain in Jerusalem until they received the word, then go to Judea, and Samaria, and so on. By Acts 8 the church was scattered except for the apostles who were obedient to these instructions (Acts 8:1).
    In Peter’s footsteps the message we teach is that these are ‘the last days’, ‘repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins’, and the only preaching of the cross is that it was a horrible murder (Acts 2:17, 38, and Acts 5:30).
    We would need to follow the Lord’s instructions, and the apostles’ example, by selling all that we have and have all things in common (Luke 12:33, Acts 2:45, Acts 4:34).
    Salvation would be of the Jews (John 4:22), and we would be taking part in ushering in the kingdom which will be waiting the Lord’s return to Israel (Acts 1:6, Isa 2:2-4).
    You would not understand the cross (Luke 18:34), and you would offer faith in Jesus the Messiah and the works of the law for justification (James 2:24). What you would never do is go in unto a Gentile’s house who was not a devout observer of the law (Acts 10:28).
    Of course, since it has been nearly 2000 years since Peter first uttered the ‘last days’ claim, it may be time for a reassessment of the entire Jewish kingdom prophetic program. Perhaps, God’s promises have come to naught (Rom 9:6)?
    Paul’s Writings Alone
    Isn’t it strange how close ministry without Paul describes the modern church who has not given place to Paul’s office (Rom 11:13).
    Without Paul’s writings you will not be able to prove the most basic doctrines, including:
    – Salvation by grace through faith
    – Justification apart from the law
    – Full atonement of your sins through the death and resurrection
    – A church body of both Jew and Gentile
    – The fall of Israel and God’s prophetic silence for nearly 2000 years
    – A heavenly position in Christ
    As Scofield said so well nearly a century ago, “in [Paul’s] writings alone we find the doctrine, position, walk, and destiny of the church.” Removing Paul’s writings makes this truth a stark reality.
    How little we appreciate the message Jesus gave to Paul to dispense, and the pattern we have for ministry in the Apostle Paul’s writings (1 Cor 9:17, 1 Tim 1:16). It is about time the church obeyed Jesus’ instructions to “follow Paul” (1 Cor 4:16).

Top of the Page
    Article IndexPublished: October 31, 2009
    Last Modified: July 22, 2016Related posts:

1. -Paul is Proof of Christ’s Resurrection
      -The Gospel According to Paul
      -Handling Gospel Transition
      -What Happened in Mid-Acts?
      -Paul’s “My Gospel”
      -Standing Up To Peter
      -We Do Not Worship the Messenger

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

http://graceambassadors.com/midacts/jesus-sent-paul

In the opening verse of all of Paul’s epistles, except the Thessalonians, it is clear that Paul was an apostle or servant of Jesus Christ. Even in Thessalonians you find verses such as 1 Thess 2:4 and 13 that declare his granted position from the Lord.

Inevitably, despite this servant relationship to Jesus, when I compare the messages of Paul or Peter (Gal 2:8-9), consider what the apostle of Jesus Christ says (2 Tim 2:7), or magnify his office as an apostle of Jesus Christ (Rom 11:13), the retort is always that I make too much of Paul.
    They say, “We should glorify Jesus not Paul.”

Paul Glories in the Lord Jesus

Don’t they know that out of all the writers of scripture, Paul glories more in Jesus Christ than them all (Gal 6:14)? This is because he knew more about Jesus Christ than them all! He knew more not because of his intellectual brilliance but because of the mystery information revealed to him by the Lord (Gal 1:11-12, Rom 16:25).

It was his privilege to “fulfill the word of God” with a message that no one before him knew (Col 1:25-26).
    Jesus made Paul the apostle and the pattern of salvation to us that “hereafter believe” (1 Tim 1:16).

Paul does not elevate himself above Jesus Christ when he bows to him and calls him preeminent (Eph 3:14, Col 1:18).
    Following Paul’s pattern and instructions requires glorifying God by Jesus Christ (Rom 16:27, Phil 2:11).

A Gentle Three Words

“Making too much of Paul” is a common response that should be expected. It will be used at the point in the conversation when the other person does not know how to respond to the doctrine. They feel threatened and take solace in Jesus’ words in the red letters.

What they don’t understand is Jesus did not pen those red letters. God inspired those words in the same sense that he authored Moses or Paul. What they want to say is “I follow Jesus [in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John] and not Paul”.

They are at their wits end and are getting frustrated. This is when they expect you to apologize for not following Jesus. Do not back down; do not argue. Instead, with an aptitude to teach say only three more words. Do not press the conversation after this. Let them think about these words.
    When they say, “I follow Jesus” calmly respond, “Jesus sent Paul.”

Top of the Page
    Article IndexPublished: January 30, 2010
    Last Modified: March 20, 2016Related posts:

1. -Follow Paul
      -Jesus Ate With Sinners
      -Paul as a Father
      -Was Paul More Than A Great Missionary?
      -Without Paul
      -Paul, an Apostle

20. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

glorydaz (March 19th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Galatians 3:5-14 KJV -

He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
    15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
    Last edited by patrick jane; March 25th, 2018 at 12:31 PM.

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Does Mid-Acts Right Division Worship Paul?

The Bible has very clear commands that we are to worship God, and only God, not Paul.

“Thou shalt have no other gods before me.” – Exodus 20:3

“‘For thou shalt worship no other God: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God” – Exodus 34:14

One of the evidences that Jesus claimed he was the God of the OT is when we see him accepting the worship that the Law reserved only for God.

[This indicates that either Christ was an idolater filled with pride, or He was the True God; by faith, we choose the latter.]

“And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshiped him:” – Matthew 2:11

“And, behold, there came a leper and worshiped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.” – Matthew 8:2

“And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshiped him.” – John 9:38

God’s Spokesmen

Meanwhile, God speaks to mankind at sundry times through different men as His instruments (2 Peter 1:19-20, Heb 1:1, 1 Cor 12:5).

For example, when the Israelites were enslaved to the Egyptians, the Lord heard their cry and brought up Moses to lead them out of captivity.

Moses was God’s messenger, he was God’s servant. As God spoke to Moses, he delivered the commandments of the Lord and the Israelites were attentive to his every word as it was from God.

For thousands of years following, God’s prophets and messengers encouraged Israel to do all those things written in the ‘law of Moses’ (Joshua 23:6, 1 Kings 2:3, Mal 4:4).

Even Jesus himself wrote that he came to fulfill all that was ‘written in the law of Moses’ (Luke 24:44). Yet it was clear that no one worshipped Moses, for it was not Moses who created those laws, but merely Moses who delivered them. Moses was God’s servant revealing the word of the Lord.

It was by Moses that God ushered in the divine dispensation of the Law, whereby God would hold men accountable.

Likewise, it was by Paul that God ushered in the divine dispensation of Grace, whereby men would be delivered from judgment and wrath apart from the law.

Paul As God’s Spokesman

Paul says, “For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me” (1 Cor 9:17).

The message Paul called “my gospel” was “kept secret since the world began” and so was not included in the law of Moses or the prophets (Rom 16:25).

Since the message given to Paul was by revelation of Jesus Christ, Paul had all authority to preach the mystery message, not known before (Gal 1:11-12; 1 Cor 14:37; Eph 3:1-2).

Paul, Our Apostle

Paul is our chief apostle in this dispensation. Paul’s writings hold the previously hidden information now to be revealed to us about God’s separate plan and purpose for the Body of Christ. Just as Moses who, in time past, was to be the dispenser of the law of God to Israel and to teach them of God’s plan on the earth.

Understanding that Paul had a distinct message about the cross of Christ helps us to understand why Paul says:

“For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:” – Rom 11:13

He indicates that he was the first to be saved in this dispensation as a “pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting” (1 Tim 1:16).

Knowing that Moses was not to be worshiped, but was only the dispenser of God’s law, prophets would encourage men to follow the “law of Moses”. Likewise, those of us who are under grace and not under the law should be exhorted to hear the word of Paul as it is in truth the word of God (Rom 6:14, 1 Thess 2:13).

“For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.” – 1 Thess 2:13

So we do not worship Paul, but Christ made Paul our pattern of salvation, our chief apostle, and gave him the hidden wisdom of God, about our purpose in Christ. In testimony of the God who gave him the hidden wisdom that he taught, Paul exhorts the Corinthians to ‘be ye followers of me even as I also am of Christ’ (1 Cor 11:1, 1 Cor 2:7-8).

We look to Paul as our pattern and apostle, but to Christ as our Savior, Head, and Lord, who alone is worthy of all worship and praise.

Top of the Page
    Topical Index PagePublished: Thursday, September 29th, 2005
    Last Modified: March 23, 2016

Related posts:

1. -We Do Not Worship the Messenger
      -Do We Worship the Same God?
      -Does Hebrews 13:8 Contradict Mid-Acts Right Division?
      -Who Else Teaches Mid-Acts Right Division?
      -Was Paul Arrogant?
      -Why Do You Call It Mid-Acts Pauline Dispensational Right Division?

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

We did not receive our Bible from the councils or the Roman Catholics. Yet, this is still taught in seminaries and Bible institutes. Indeed, there were early councils among state churches that listed the books already received as God’s word for centuries, but that is a far stretch from divine authority to identify God’s word.

The inspired books of the Hebrew Bible were preserved long before the councils. Lists of the newer twenty-seven inspired books appear in translations, histories, and other documents long before the councils.
    The truth is that God’s words were always verified by the prophets, even the newest twenty seven books. Paul writes about his words spoken of God:

“If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.” – 1 Corinthians 14:37

In the days the books were written, were Holy Spirit empowered prophets that were tasked with acknowledging the inspired words of God. In this way, false teachers and writers of scripture were exposed before the spirit gifts ceased.
    Spirit filled prophets could not speak contrary to the scripture (1 Cor 14:32). The powers of these prophets were verified by common witnesses of believers and unbelievers.

“But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all: And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.” – 1 Corinthians 14:24-25

Nowadays, we call those who “come in believing not” skeptics. I, too, am a skeptic in modern prophets. If their powers are true then let them make manifest the secrets of my heart. If they can just tell me my wife’s middle name I will grow the C. Peter Wagner goatee.
    The Bible as we know it today was authenticated by these early prophets and the process of preservation began long before the church councils were formed hundreds of years later.

Lest you think that that special revelation from God continues, we must remember that the prophets are subject to the prophets (1 Cor 14:32). The apostle Paul wrote that prophecies will fail, which means the prophets will cease (1 Cor 13:8: yes that which is perfect has come). Paul went on to say that he was given revelations from the Lord to “fufil the word of God” (Col 1:25). His revelations were the last new revelations.

There has not been an extra Biblical prophet yet that has understood the revelation of the mystery of Christ given to Paul. They all seem to take their notes from the prophets of Israel (Elijah, Isaiah, John the Baptist, Jesus in his earthly ministry, Peter).

Proponents of extra-biblical revelation suggest we did not identify the Bible until church councils told us. This historical inaccuracy is convenient for those who want to continue to authenticate their own revelations via church council. Unless you trace your spiritual heritage through the corrupt Roman Catholic church, this is simply wrong.

Our Bible was revealed, inspired, completed, and preserved before Constantine and his religion ever came to power.
    The sixty six books of scripture preserved through history by God’s labourers was first acknowledged in the day it was written. Now, if only we would believe it we could get some work done.
    “For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.” – 1 Thessalonians 2:13

Top of the Page

Article IndexPublished: November 12, 2011
    Last Modified: March 24, 2017Related posts:

1. -Preservation: The Bible Issue
      -7 Important Doctrines About the Bible
      -The 66 Books
      -Inspiration of the Bible
      -The Middle Book, Chapter, Verse in the Bible
      -Starting With Faith
      -The Need for Charts

Thread Information