Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Repent and be Baptized...for the Remission of Sins

Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Not necessary for salvation. The Lord Jesus told those of the circumcision that if they believed then they were saved:
    you know Jesus was not born yet when these words were given right

Gen 17:14 Any uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin shall be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant."

why do you keep backdating changes to how people were saved

Thanks
    Thanked 5,978 Times in 4,035 Posts

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by way 2 go View Post
    you know Jesus was not born yet when these words were given right
    Did you forget the subject of this thread which is the rite of water baptism of Acts 2:38? You do know that the Lord Jesus had said the following words to the Jews who lived under the law prior to that baptism, don't you?:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).

Why should anyone believe that those Jews had to submit to the rite of baptism to be saved since the Savior Himselfsaid that if they "believed" they were saved?

why do you keep backdating changes to how people were saved
    Here is how Paul says that David was saved and anyone in their right mind can understand that being circumcised played no part in his salvation:

"But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin" (Ro.4:5-8).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

Tambora (August 10th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you forget the subject of this thread which is the rite of water baptism of Acts 2:38? You do know that the Lord Jesus had said the following words to the Jews who lived under the law prior to that baptism, don't you?:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).

Why should anyone believe that those Jews had to submit to the rite of baptism to be saved since the Savior Himselfsaid that if they "believed" they were saved?
    Jews inherited salvation up until Jesus started his ministry

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Here is how Paul says that David was saved and anyone in their right mind can understand that being circumcised played no part in his salvation:

"But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin" (Ro.4:5-8).
    David experienced grace for his adultery and murder
    2Sa_12:13 And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.

Gen 17:14 Any uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin shall be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant."

David was not cut off from his people

Thanks

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jews inherited salvation up until Jesus started his ministry
    You are clueless! And of course I never expected you to believe what the Lord Jesus said at John 5:24. All you are doing is trying to prove what He said there is in error.

You refuse to believe what He said there because if you did believe it then you would have to swallow your pride and admit that the Jews only had to believe to be saved:

It is impossible to have an intelligent discussion with someone who will just deny the words of the Lord Jesus there.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are clueless! And of course I never expected you to believe what the Lord Jesus said at John 5:24. All you are doing is trying to prove what He said there is in error.
    how your using it is in error

kinda like people misusing

Psa 82:6 I said, "You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you;

It is impossible to have an intelligent discussion with someone who will just deny the words of the Lord Jesus there.

Thanks

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how your using it is in error
    That is ridiculous and of course you offered nothing in the way of proof that they way I used it is in error:

I said that those words were spoken to the Jews who lived under the law. Do you deny that what I said is the truth?

And His words spoken to them are clear. The only thing He said that was required for salvation was to believe.

Do you deny that?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is ridiculous and of course you offered nothing in the way of proof that they way I used it is in error:

I said that those words were spoken to the Jews who lived under the law. Do you deny that what I said is the truth?

And His words spoken to them are clear. The only thing He said that was required for salvation was to believe.

Do you deny that?

1Sa 28:16 And Samuel said, "Why then do you ask me, since the LORD has turned from you and become your enemy?

Thanks

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1Sa 28:16 And Samuel said, "Why then do you ask me, since the LORD has turned from you and become your enemy?
    I have already quoted what the Lord Jesus said to the Jews who lived under the law but you just refuse to believe what He said:

Do you deny that?

Now I am sure that you will not answer my questions and instead you will run and hide from them. Not only that, but you try to change the subject to something that happens thousands of years before the baptism of Acts 2:38.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,343 Times in 4,514 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My question to you is if submitting to the rite of water baptism at Acts 2:38 was necessary for salvation?
    No, it was necessary for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38 KJV). Their salvation is future (Acts 3:19-21 KJV, Romans 11:26-27 KJV, 1 Peter 1:9-13 KJV).
    2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to heir For Your Post:

patrick jane (August 12th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heir View Post
    No, it was necessary for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38 KJV). Their salvation is future (Acts 3:19-21 KJV, Romans 11:26-27 KJV, 1 Peter 1:9-13 KJV).
    Their salvation was future?

Come on, don't you know that they were already redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ (1 Pet.18-19)?

Or perhaps you want to argue that even though they were redeemed by the blood of the Lamb that they were still not saved? All of them who believed were given eternal life and none of them will ever perish:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"
    (Jn.3:16).

You have been given some bad information and you still cling to that false teaching even though you have already been shown that you are wrong. Now you are leading others astray.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their salvation was future?
    Is, not was! The evidence is overwhelming! Zechariah 13:1 KJV, Acts 3:19-21 KJV, Romans 11:26-27 KJV, Hebrews 8:8-12 KJV, 1 Peter 1:9-13 KJV
    2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

Thanks

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is, not was! The evidence is overwhelming! Zechariah 13:1 KJV, Acts 3:19-21 KJV, Romans 11:26-27 KJV, Hebrews 8:8-12 KJV, 1 Peter 1:9-13 KJV
    You fail to understand that the verses to which you refer are speaking of a future time when ALL Israel will be saved. But individual Jews were being saved during the first century.

Or do you want to argue that the Jews who Peter said had been redeemed by the blood of the Lord Jesus were not yet saved?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You fail to understand...
    Your accusation does not change the overwhelming evidence that their salvation is future.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heir For Your Post:

Ktoyou (August 24th, 2017),patrick jane (August 23rd, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your accusation does not change the overwhelming evidence that their salvation is future.
    So even though Peter tells the Jewish believers that they are redeemed by the blood of the Lord Jesus they were not saved?

And even though he told them that they were born again they were not yet saved?

And even though John told the Jewish believers that they have been given eternal life and that life is in Jesus Christ they weren't yet saved?

And even though the author of Hebrews tells the Jewish believers that they have been perfected forever they were not yet saved?

And even though the same author told the Jewish believers that they have obtained eternal redemption they were not yet saved?

You are totally confused!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

Ktoyou (August 24th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,387 Times in 3,824 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So even though Peter tells the Jewish believers that they are redeemed by the blood of the Lord Jesus they were not saved?

And even though he told them that they were born again they were not yet saved?

And even though John told the Jewish believers that they have been given eternal life and that life is in Jesus Christ they weren't yet saved?

And even though the author of Hebrews tells the Jewish believers that they have been perfected forever they were not yet saved?

And even though the same author told the Jewish believers that they have obtained eternal redemption they were not yet saved?

You are totally confused!
    Those who believed in Christ were saved. She means those who would not receive Him as savior.
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Christian theology isn't to be in Christ.

So, what?

believe it!

Thread Information