User Tag List

Page 3 of 147 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 2205

Thread: Forgiving and Forgiveness

  1. #31
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    13,733
    Thanks
    1,280
    Thanked 8,732 Times in 5,728 Posts

    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147838
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalmist View Post
    Great question, I need to prayerfully study it. I believe were not left without answers, sometimes it is like digging for treasure, and as you dig for treasure you find other treasures of truth.

    I'll be back.
    Please allow me to help you. The Apostle John tells the Christian that they already have eternal life:

    "And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son" (1 Jn.5:11).

    And the Lord Jesus says that those to whom He gives eternal life will never perish:

    "I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand" (Jn.10:28).

    So once a person has received eternal life then he has eternal security and cannot lose his salvation.

    Hopefully, this will help you answer my question.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

    Tambora (May 3rd, 2017)

  3. #32
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In front of the strange glowing screen of an inexplicable mechanism.
    Posts
    4,121
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 93 Times in 88 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Forgiveness and repentance before a God of mercy was Jesus' tradition. The later tradition of a blood sacrifice came later with the Aaonite priestly cult in Moses' time.

    Jesus forgave, saved and healed many long before he died on the cross.

  4. #33
    TOL Legend chrysostom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    21,008
    Thanks
    446
    Thanked 1,356 Times in 1,140 Posts

    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    873242
    I want to repeat my appreciation for the topic of this thread

    we must forgive

    we must forgive those who look for passages that might eliminate this requirement

    forgiving is very important
    thanks again to psalmist for this thread
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

  5. #34
    Over 1000 post club brinny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,347
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 51 Times in 43 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    182792
    Forgiving and Forgiveness

    Quote Originally Posted by chrysostom View Post
    I want to repeat my appreciation for the topic of this thread

    we must forgive

    we must forgive those who look for passages that might eliminate this requirement

    forgiving is very important
    thanks again to psalmist for this thread
    God is a FAITHFUL and GOOD God. He ENABLES us to forgive when it would have been IMPOSSIBLE to do so in our own strength, amen? And i agree about this thread. Forgiveness is a precious, healing, and glorious thing. To everything there is a "season", amen?

    God bless you brother in Christ and beloved son of the Most High God.

  6. #35
    TOL Legend chrysostom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    21,008
    Thanks
    446
    Thanked 1,356 Times in 1,140 Posts

    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    873242
    Quote Originally Posted by brinny View Post
    Forgiving and Forgiveness



    God is a FAITHFUL and GOOD God. He ENABLES us to forgive when it would have been IMPOSSIBLE to do so in our own strength, amen? And i agree about this thread. Forgiveness is a precious, healing, and glorious thing. To everything there is a "season", amen?

    God bless you brother in Christ and beloved son of the Most High God.
    amen?
    you may be missing the most important part
    you have to ask for that help
    you have to start with that
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

  7. #36
    Over 1000 post club brinny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,347
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 51 Times in 43 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    182792
    Quote Originally Posted by chrysostom View Post
    amen?
    you may be missing the most important part
    you have to ask for that help
    you have to start with that
    missing what part and asking for what help specifically?

    Thank you kindly.

  8. #37
    TOL Legend chrysostom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    21,008
    Thanks
    446
    Thanked 1,356 Times in 1,140 Posts

    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    873242
    Quote Originally Posted by brinny View Post
    missing what part and asking for what help specifically?

    Thank you kindly.
    asking God to help you forgive others

    that should have been very clear
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

  9. #38
    Over 1000 post club brinny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,347
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 51 Times in 43 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    182792
    Quote Originally Posted by chrysostom View Post
    asking God to help you forgive others

    that should have been very clear
    i believe in my previous posts, i already addressed that very thing, brother.

    Thank you kindly.

  10. #39
    TOL Legend chrysostom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    21,008
    Thanks
    446
    Thanked 1,356 Times in 1,140 Posts

    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    873242
    Quote Originally Posted by brinny View Post
    i believe in my previous posts, i already addressed that very thing, brother.

    Thank you kindly.
    I guess I missed it
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

  11. #40
    Over 1000 post club brinny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,347
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 51 Times in 43 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    182792
    Quote Originally Posted by chrysostom View Post
    I guess I missed it
    it's all there, in my posts, honest.....and it addresses exactly what you mentioned brother....

    Thank you kindly.

  12. #41
    Over 1000 post club brinny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,347
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 51 Times in 43 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    182792
    Quote Originally Posted by chrysostom View Post
    I guess I missed it
    I forgive you.

  13. #42
    TOL Legend chrysostom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    21,008
    Thanks
    446
    Thanked 1,356 Times in 1,140 Posts

    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    873242
    Quote Originally Posted by brinny View Post
    I forgive you.
    did you need help?
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

  14. #43
    Over 1000 post club Jamie Gigliotti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,243
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 171 Times in 120 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    138478
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Does that mean that if a believer cannot force himself to forgive someone then he will lose his salvation?
    A believer can not force himself towards good (forgiveness). When I did not want to forgive, I knew it was no good for me, my family, God, but I did not want to forgive I was wounded, my family was wounded. I wanted revenge. God changes hearts. But also he wants us to desire change, to repent. God showed me that I had to forgive before I was destroyed, my family was destroyed. As my mind was convinced (the truth); my heart needed the work that only He could do... He convinced my mind, I sought his healing in my heart (prayer). My will was involved but He did the work. He gets all the credit, all the Glory!

  15. #44
    TOL Legend chrysostom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    21,008
    Thanks
    446
    Thanked 1,356 Times in 1,140 Posts

    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    873242
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Gigliotti View Post
    But also he wants us to desire change, to repent. God showed me that I had to forgive before I was destroyed, my family was destroyed.
    amen
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

  16. #45
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    13,733
    Thanks
    1,280
    Thanked 8,732 Times in 5,728 Posts

    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147838
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Gigliotti View Post
    A believer can not force himself towards good (forgiveness). When I did not want to forgive, I knew it was no good for me, my family, God, but I did not want to forgive I was wounded, my family was wounded. I wanted revenge. God changes hearts. But also he wants us to desire change, to repent. God showed me that I had to forgive before I was destroyed, my family was destroyed. As my mind was convinced (the truth); my heart needed the work that only He could do... He convinced my mind, I sought his healing in my heart (prayer). My will was involved but He did the work. He gets all the credit, all the Glory!
    The question which I was addressing is in regard to a Christian's fate if he couldn't forgive someone who had seriously harmed his family. No matter how many times He prayed to the Lord for help He just couldn't find the strength to forgive those people.

    So if he died before He was able to find that forgives would he lose His salvation?

    Yes or No?

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

    Tambora (May 3rd, 2017)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us