BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,789 Times in 2,563 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enyart: “We…have pro-abort audio—two minutes where a pro-abort admits that abortion is killing…” The Grinch who Stole the 9/11 Compensation | Jun 12, 2019

It’s not enough to admit that you’re a sinner. You also must: admit that you’re a sinner, give a damn and then repent (Mt 13:3, Acts 2:37, 38).

Second so-called marriage is not marriage at all. It was not acknowledged in heaven. It was instead defined as adultery (Ro 7:2,3).

The original intent of marriage was: one man for one woman for life (Gen. 2:18–24). Paul wished that men were like him (1 Co 7:7).

“You don’t know God by Bible study.” ~ Adrian Rogers Jn 14:21

More

“A reddit administrator comes on and the next thing you see is, ‘You’ve been banned’….You ask a question and these are the thought police…”

The debate site that you recommend, Theology Online bans, too.

Too bad they aren’t pro-free speech (Jn 8:36).

"Too bad." ~ Seth Brundle, The Fly

[Woman at the well and multiple husbands] “Jesus acknowledged reality.”

As a bad example (Eph 4:14, 2 Pe 2:1). He also said, “Ye are gods (Jn 10:34).”

The Nephilim “took wives for themselves”. Do you think that those so-called marriages were acknowledged in heaven?

“If God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly; and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly” (2 Pe 2:4–7).

Paul said that second so-called marriage is adultery. (Ro 7:2,3). Jesus affirmed marriage as: one man, one woman (Gen. 2:18–24) in covenant (Matt. 19:6) for life (Rom. 7:2, 3) in case you were looking for another loophole (He 13:4).

What did you do to your wife? Ro 14:12

More

[Enyart and singleness, Paul said re-marriage no big deal. He had the right to take a wife.]

Paul had a wife. He was either abandoned by her for becoming a Christian or widowed.

He discussed the advantages of remaining single “(1 Co 7:1, 8, 32–35): For the most part, a single person is free to devote all his or her attention to the work of the Lord, having no need to share time with a spouse or children….It depends totally on God’s perfect plan for each believer.” Willmington, H. L. (1999). The Outline Bible. Wheaton, IL: Tyndale House Publishers.

Apostles had the right to take their (not someone else’s ) family with them (9:5–6). Ibid, 1 Co.

Paul remained single to share the gospel.

[Trump’s wife Melania]

False (2 Pe 2:1). Trump has a wife. Her name is Ivana. When he or she dies, then he will be free (Ro 7:2,3) to marry in the Lord (1 Co 7:39).

The kings of the earth and the harlot religion have an alliance and you are a part of it.

Why marvel at Enyart? Re 17:7. You’re no Paul.
    Last edited by serpentdove; June 25th, 2019 at 09:53 AM.

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    [God, marriage, family] You fix it by undoing the damage that was done to it in the first place.

We can’t unscramble eggs (Deut 24:4). There are one or two fine servants of the Lord who promote: God, marriage and family. The rest burn with lust like Enyart who plays fast and loose with the teachings of Paul (1 Co 7:9).

Recommended sites:

Christian Divorce and Remarriage | Joseph Webb

Marriage Permanence

Permanence of Marriage Until Death | Walking by the Spirit Always

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucible View Post
    Nearly half of all marriages end in divorce...
    No such thing. If your spouse is still alive, you are still marriage to him/her (Ro 7:2,3). In our culture people make it up as they go along; but, the records are in heaven (1 Pe 4:5). Enjoy yourself on this side of the grave (He 11:25).

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Tim Wildmon doesn't like same sex marriage he shouldn't marry another man . Who is forcing him to do this ? "Redefining marriage ? Was granting voting rights to blacks and women in the past "redefining voting rights ?" No .
    There were a lot of people in America who were just as opposed to allowing blacks to serve in the military , vote and marry whites in the past , and to allowing women to vote etc .
    They claimed this would bring the "wrath of God down on America " and cause all kinds of catastrophes to happen . But nothing ever happened . Did allowing blacks and women to vote interfere with the voting rights of white males ? No !
    All of this is nothing but wishful thinking . "Protecting children ?" There is absolutely in evidence that being raised by gay parents is in any way harmful to children , will put them at risk of being molested or "make them gay " , as long as they are good parent,s which most of them are .
    We already have a generation of young adults in America who have been raised by gay parents, and they have turned out to be perfectly well adjusted . If you are raised by gay parents but are born heterosexual yourself, this will not make you gay , because sexual preference is inborn, not chosen . Likewise, if you have straight parents but are gay , you will still be gay .
    Gay children are born every day to straight parents .

Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,262 Times in 9,263 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Homos procreate by molesting boys.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (June 26th, 2019)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Striper , "Homos procreate by molesting boys ?" Give me a break ! First of all, being gay does not mean you are automatically going to be a pedophile. The vast majority of pedophiles are heterosexual.
    Your average pedophile is a married man , often with children, who has an uncontrollable urge to molest boys . The infamous coach Jerry Sandusky fits this profile .
    And there are heterosexual men who molest and even rape little girls, or teenage ones . Does this mean ALL heterosexual men are like this ?
    And there is no such thing as "gay recruitment ", any more than there is "recruitment " into being left -handed . Gays are BORN that way , the same as left-handed people. No one can make a child become gay, male or female . Many adults were molested as children but did not "turn gay ".
    Striper, get a brain, get an education and get life !

Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,262 Times in 9,263 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be a liberal you have to believe that homos have no control over who they have sex with, but trannies can choose to be the opposite gender.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (June 30th, 2019),ok doser (June 30th, 2019),Right Divider (June 30th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,402 Times in 2,306 Posts

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Puppet View Post
    What do american atheist think about marriage and what does it do for them?
    The Barna Research Group, an evangelical Christian organization that does surveys and research to better understand what Christians believe and how they behave, studied divorce rates in America in 1999 and found surprising evidence that divorce is far lower among atheists than among conservative Christians - exactly the opposite of what they were probably expecting.

11% of all American adults are divorced
    25% of all American adults have had at least one divorce
    27% of born-again Christians have had at least one divorce
    24% of all non-born-again Christians have been divorced
    21% of atheists have been divorced
    21% of Catholics and Lutherans have been divorced
    24% of Mormons have been divorced
    25% of mainstream Protestants have been divorced
    29% of Baptists have been divorced
    24% of nondenominational, independent Protestants have been divorced
    27% of people in the South and Midwest have been divorced
    26% of people in the West have been divorced
    19% of people in the Northwest and Northeast have been divorced

The highest divorce rates are in the Bible Belt: "Tennessee, Arkansas, Alabama, and Oklahoma round out the Top Five in the frequency of divorce...the divorce rates in these conservative states are roughly 50 percent above the national average" of 4.2/1000 people. Nine states in the Northeast (Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Rhode Island, New Jersey, and Maryland) have the lowest divorce rates, averaging just 3.5/1000 people.

Barna isn't the only group to arrive at these numbers. Other researchers have also found that conservative Protestants get divorced more often than other groups, even more often than "mainline" Protestants. The fact that atheists and agnostics divorce less often than other religious groups was, however, surprising to many. Some have simply refused to believe it.

https://www.learnreligions.com/divor...theists-248494
    This message is hidden because ...

Thanks
    Thanked 4,833 Times in 2,903 Posts

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    The Barna Research Group, an evangelical Christian organization that does surveys and research to better understand what Christians believe and how they behave, studied divorce rates in America in 1999 and found surprising evidence that divorce is far lower among atheists than among conservative Christians - exactly the opposite of what they were probably expecting.

11% of all American adults are divorced
    25% of all American adults have had at least one divorce
    27% of born-again Christians have had at least one divorce
    24% of all non-born-again Christians have been divorced
    21% of atheists have been divorced
    21% of Catholics and Lutherans have been divorced
    24% of Mormons have been divorced
    25% of mainstream Protestants have been divorced
    29% of Baptists have been divorced
    24% of nondenominational, independent Protestants have been divorced
    27% of people in the South and Midwest have been divorced
    26% of people in the West have been divorced
    19% of people in the Northwest and Northeast have been divorced

The highest divorce rates are in the Bible Belt: "Tennessee, Arkansas, Alabama, and Oklahoma round out the Top Five in the frequency of divorce...the divorce rates in these conservative states are roughly 50 percent above the national average" of 4.2/1000 people. Nine states in the Northeast (Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Rhode Island, New Jersey, and Maryland) have the lowest divorce rates, averaging just 3.5/1000 people.

Barna isn't the only group to arrive at these numbers. Other researchers have also found that conservative Protestants get divorced more often than other groups, even more often than "mainline" Protestants. The fact that atheists and agnostics divorce less often than other religious groups was, however, surprising to many. Some have simply refused to believe it.

https://www.learnreligions.com/divor...theists-248494
    These have to be carefully weighed. Many nonChristians don't believe in marriage, some choosing to live together and some never staying in any committed relationship. Such makes it difficult to make sense of the numbers by any direct comparison because the comparisons aren't equitable. We need to be very very careful about portraying any statistics. While I appreciate Barna, I'm convinced interpretation of their data is not a finished job. It simply doesn't give the whole record and often given without any interpretative data at all. Barna tends to see the glass half-full. I'm not sure they always get the bigger picture.
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Thanks

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    While I appreciate Barna, I'm convinced interpretation of their data is not a finished job. It simply doesn't give the whole record and often given without any interpretative data at all. Barna tends to see the glass half-full. I'm not sure they always get the bigger picture.
    If it was just non-Christians, I'd tend to agree with you. But evangelicals divorce more often than other Christians, too.

Thanks

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If it was just non-Christians, I'd tend to agree with you. But evangelicals divorce more often than other Christians, too.
    Try not to marginalize a whole group of people, that marginalizes them even further for other reasons. The Lord was more long-suffering with the ignorant and the poor. Try to be on the same page as He. The evangelical is the one who gets them from the highways and the byways and the rescue missions. I'm not sure all the reasons why this has been true. Again, we have to really be careful with analysis of data. At times, it can make us falsely snobby, secure, and/or prejudice. I think that's why Samuel Clemmens thought statistics were worse than condemn-able lies.

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Thanks

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Try not to marginalize a whole group of people, that marginalizes them even further for other reasons. The Lord was more long-suffering with the ignorant and the poor. Try to be on the same page as He. The evangelical is the one who gets them from the highways and the byways and the rescue missions. I'm not sure all the reasons why this has been true. Again, we have to really be careful with analysis of data. At times, it can make us falsely snobby, secure, and/or prejudice. I think that's why Samuel Clemmens thought statistics were worse than condemn-able lies.
    I think God would want us to reflect on the fact that atheists are at least as good at keeping their marriages together as we are.

Thanks

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think God would want us to reflect on the fact that atheists are at least as good at keeping their marriages together as we are.
    You and I belong to more mainline groups that are doing better. We do have to be careful with statistics. I'd also suggest going to the data and weighing it better than I believe Barna Group does. Their cup is often half-full in assessments. This website, for instance, claims that all divorce data is given from scant evidence and prediction. There is a lot of good data here that explains much of this, including what I've previously posted (young marriages, poorer, etc.). Among the protestant clergy, few ever divorce. One church I was in for 28 years and we saw just one divorce out of about 30 couples. This second, for 18 years, has a bit higher but nothing near 50% and I'd not say even beyond 20% but that's just a best guess. It gives me great pause. Of those families that have divorced, they all without exception have been new couples and young couples. Today, many of them do not attend church, but they would identify as 'protestant-evangelical.' Because of that, I'm more concerned that we are not keeping those who come to church nor are we ministering effectively to those after divorce because they are often shunned by the awkwardness (hard to reach out to one or the other without offending the other etc - not necessarily purposeful). For what its worth... -Lon

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lon For Your Post:

ok doser (July 2nd, 2019)

Thread Information