Thread: Is it offensive?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,699 Times in 2,188 Posts

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IMJerusha View Post
    Got anything in your medicine bag for PJ?
    To help him understand his infractions or to explain why he isn't banned?

I think 'grandfather clause' might be the short answer to both, if that makes sense.

-Lon
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post

I think 'grandfather clause' might be the short answer to both, if that makes sense.

-Lon
    Grandfather, eh? I guess he is retired!
    I AM the pie lady!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks
    Thanked 14,826 Times in 11,740 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

-Lon
    should i be ? - infractions ?
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

Thanks
    Thanked 14,826 Times in 11,740 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

just tired. again, yes re-tired -
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

Thanks

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They are allowed here simply because they slipped through the cracks.

It was easy specifically because there was little interest, so no real notice.

When I found the thread after a bit of drama, I posted that the thread virtually broke every TOL rule. However, by that time there were over 100 pages. Issuing an infraction was like "What? How in the world did this slip through???" Well there was a bit of a misunderstanding when they first started and they had gotten permission without anyone really knowing the extent and offense, like the Joshua 9 Gibeonite deception.
    Saul tried to destroy the Gibeonites, against Joshua's promise, but such is not part of the Urantians deal with Knight, so they are not protected, other than as it pertains to these threads of theirs that already exist. They can't start any more about the topic and it is understood by them, that this is against Christianity. We have atheists starting threads against Christians also, so TOL does exercise tolerance if done in a respectful and meaningful way. Christianity can and does stand up against attacks and false teaching. The grandfathering of the Urantia threads resembles more the book of Esther where Mordecai was allowed to pay back Haman's deceptions. They remain as long as they stay in their own threads AND Knight and Mods have sanctioned defense against the false teachings something along the lines of "Yes, you can stay, as I promised, but this isn't what I had in mind and is against our faith and our rules, but we will not stop others from defense and affront for these false teachings and attacks on our faiths."

Does this meaningfully address that concern? -Lon

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Thanks
    Thanked 39,603 Times in 24,602 Posts

Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shagster01 View Post
    I should have knocked on wood.

God Bless America

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I found the thread after a bit of drama, I posted that the thread virtually broke every TOL rule. However, by that time there were over 100 pages. Issuing an infraction was like "What? How in the world did this slip through???" Well there was a bit of a misunderstanding when they first started and they had gotten permission without anyone really knowing the extent and offense, like the Joshua 9 Gibeonite deception.
    Saul tried to destroy the Gibeonites, against Joshua's promise, but such is not part of the Urantians deal with Knight, so they are not protected, other than as it pertains to these threads of theirs that already exist. They can't start any more about the topic and it is understood by them, that this is against Christianity. We have atheists starting threads against Christians also, so TOL does exercise tolerance if done in a respectful and meaningful way. Christianity can and does stand up against attacks and false teaching. The grandfathering of the Urantia threads resembles more the book of Esther where Mordecai was allowed to pay back Haman's deceptions. They remain as long as they stay in their own threads AND Knight and Mods have sanctioned defense against the false teachings something along the lines of "Yes, you can stay, as I promised, but this isn't what I had in mind and is against our faith and our rules, but we will not stop others from defense and affront for these false teachings and attacks on our faiths."

You know I care for you greatly, Lon, but honestly, I haven't a clue what you're talking about. What is a Urantian? Who here is a Urantian?

***edit*** Nevermind, I've looked it up. Not good.
    I AM the pie lady!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Flying Ban Hammer ✈ Spam Killing Tomcat Sherman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,996 Times in 7,605 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Urantian---->

The Troll Shredder--Brrrtttttt!

June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? More like tolerate perversity.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherman For Your Post:

Tambora (August 10th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a perfect example of something offensive that is not quite so obvious but, tmpov, carries a greater consequence than poor discretion.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...21&postcount=5

Yeshua stated that blasphemy against Him would be forgiven but look at the consequence of hating ones enemy. How does it bode well if we lose our place as sons of God?

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
    But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have?"
    I AM the pie lady!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Here's a perfect example of something offensive that is not quite so obvious but, tmpov, carries a greater consequence than poor discretion.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...21&postcount=5
    Can you explain that? It 'looks' like Serpent dove was saying that the greater concern over birth control devices, was whether it kills a fetus or not and a verse that says to seek God's mind in all thing (including Abortion) as an exhortation. Were you seeing her as judgmental? She might have been, but I'm not seeing this as a ban offense on TOL nor necessarily out of character for Biblical correction.

I'm understanding the example.

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slip through the cracks????? There is a "Religion" section on this "Theology Forum". If this is a Westboro Baptist types only forum, then the name and divisions should be changed completely.

Or you could think for a bit why this one thread with 3 or 4 moronic trolls bothers you so much?

"Mortal man was never the property of the archdeceivers. Jesus did not die to ransom man from the clutch of the apostate rulers and fallen princes of the spheres. The Father in heaven never conceived of such crass injustice as damning a mortal soul because of the evil doing of his ancestors."UB

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you explain that? It 'looks' like Serpent dove was saying that the greater concern over birth control devices, was whether it kills a fetus or not and a verse that says to seek God's mind in all thing (including Abortion) as an exhortation. Were you seeing her as judgmental? She might have been, but I'm not seeing this as a ban offense on TOL nor necessarily out of character for Biblical correction.

I'm understanding the example.
    She's edited her post. First words were along the lines of "I would support you using birth control". And she quoted Jeremiah 16:1 as an additional Biblical slap. Scripture taken completely out of context and abused for her purposes. Sorry you missed it. Sherman didn't; a woman I have respect for.
    I AM the pie lady!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Caino View Post
    Slip through the cracks????? There is a "Religion" section on this "Theology Forum". If this is a Westboro Baptist types only forum, then the name and divisions should be changed completely.

Or you could think for a bit why this one thread with 3 or 4 moronic trolls bothers you so much?
    I was 'answering' her question?

There is some truth to what you say, but the thread breaks a lot of TOL rules and so the question (I thought) was 'why no infraction?' The 'reason' I thought that was because she mentioned one of the participants.

This is a 'ban' discussion thread so don't drag Urantia in, unless you want to talk about what is offensive and why bans for it and such.

-Lon

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Thanks

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

She's edited her post. First words were along the lines of "I would support you using birth control". And she quoted Jeremiah 16:1 as an additional Biblical slap. Scripture taken completely out of context and abused for her purposes. Sorry you missed it. Sherman didn't; a woman I have respect for.
    Yeah, hard to report if they self-edit, even if a mod happened to see it. Remember mods aren't paid. They have an often thankless job.

In fact, if you or others are reading this line, just now, stop and pos rep a Mod today and tell them you appreciate their voluntary work.

It takes a bit of work to keep a forum like this running. Sherman is one of the busiest hardworking mods on TOL. She doesn't always give infractions to offenses against me either. She is much to busy to put out every fire. If she misses something again, send her a PM asking in a respectful manner, but also let a few of them go that aren't as important to you. If this is 'the big one' by all means pursue it. Even if it was erased, a mod can ask them if they said it and ask them to send a PM apology and the like.

If it is not "the big one" perhaps consider letting it go or PMing the person yourself. "Wise-Gentle, thank you for editing your post. I appreciate you stopping yourself from going over the line. -IMJ" Or "WG, I don't appreciate that, even though you erased it. You should know better than that. It was hurtful but at least you had the decency to erase it. I'd like an apology. IMJ"

After response, you can determine if you haven't had it satisfactorily settled, to bring the conflict to the attention of a mod.

I have a few conflicts with opposing world-views over matters of cut-throat debate and dirty politics. For the most part, and a few times with their help, I've worked out most in threads and PM's. I don't like drama. Some have even graciously allowed me to take a step back from the conflict where I might have been overtly sensitive.

Some of this has to do with handling conflict as well as "Bans" and Mod actions so is a bit of a rabbit-trail, but perhaps it serves a bit of the purpose as well.

-Lon

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    How very well trained of me? Seriously? I can guarantee you that TOL is not responsible for me telling you that you can take your attitude and stick it in your ear.
    that's the spirit...

Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    Oh. I see. You wish to participate in discussion forum that is the equivalent of The Richard Bey Show. Classy.
    i do enjoy open and honest discussions even if the people who don't see my point of view say things that disturb me

it's just too bad that it's against the holy commandments...

/blasphemous even

Thread Information