Nobody is free when others are oppressed Rusha's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,756 Times in 2,144 Posts

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by I drank what? View Post
    i've been meaning to chat with you, why won't you respond to my posts?
    I wasn't aware you directed any posts towards me.

1. the rules already stated they are subjective, kudos to them for being honest about it...

2. of course it matters, especially when subjective rules are enforced by even more subjective admins/mods... it becomes exponentially more offensive then

3. i already mentioned that variable, to which you are just going to have to ban everyone, eventually you are going to say or do something that is offensive

4. how does one abide by SUBJECTIVE rules? i can handle the objective ones just fine

5. do you believe the pic i posted was me intending to be blasphemous to Jesus?
    From your perspective? Not necessarily. I don't know you well enough to make that call. Insofar as how the members and moderators view the pic, yes.

i.e. do you take me for one of those Angry Atheists that hates God and all religious people, and was attempting to be clever by posting a cartoon about raptor jebus which is current political commentary for the ongoing YEC vs Evolution Anti-theist (buhllion years old universe) debate...?
    No. I think your intention was humor. It's a matter of knowing what is and what is not humorous/offensive/allowable based on your audience/setting. I have graphics and jokes which in some settings people would find humorous ... however, they do not belong on TOL. I know better, and frankly, I knew from the moment I signed up with TOL that certain topics/word/graphics/POV's would not be tolerated. Everyone has to decide for themselves whether or not it is worth it for them to use enough self-restraint to keep within the forum rules. For me, it's worth it. I accept it and will not be making a fuss over it.

have you people been living under a rock?!
    I ask myself that very question every morning, prior to my first cup of coffee.

5. [be honest] how you respond will quickly form my opinion about you
    Always.
    Before mass leaders seize the power to fit reality to their lies,
    their propaganda is marked by its extreme contempt for facts as such,
    for in their opinion fact depends entirely on the power of man who can fabricate it.
    Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    1. I wasn't aware you directed any posts towards me.

2. From your perspective? Not necessarily. I don't know you well enough to make that call. Insofar as how the members and moderators view the pic, yes.

3. a. No. I think your intention was humor. b. It's a matter of knowing what is and what is not humorous/offensive/allowable based on your audience/setting. c. I have graphics and jokes which in some settings people would find humorous ... however, they do not belong on TOL. d. I know better, and frankly, I knew from the moment I signed up with TOL that certain topics/word/graphics/POV's would not be tolerated. e. Everyone has to decide for themselves whether or not it is worth it for them to use enough self-restraint to keep within the forum rules. For me, it's worth it. I accept it and will not be making a fuss over it.

4. I ask myself that very question every morning, prior to my first cup of coffee.

5. Always.
    Why should this matter? When it comes to making subtle or not so subtle accusations and name calling, your hands are not clean.
    are you raising your hand?
    the suspense is killing me, are you?

2. fair enough, all is forgiven, i apologize if I ACCIDENTALLY hurt anyone's feelings...

3. a. I think you are correct. b. Good luck with that. c. i think this would be an appropriate thread to test that theory. d. well that's a darn shame... if we aren't allowed to speak freely, what's the point? e. yeah i'm still pondering that stuff, subjective is such subjective subject, however you make a good point, perhaps i should be extra careful about posting scary stuff during certain times of the month... f. how very well trained of you (not a compliment), i guess that's what i liked about that other site i was at, the only rule was pretty much don't kill anyone...

4. how does she answer?

5. We shall see...

/we shall see

Thanks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

f. how very well trained of you (not a compliment), i guess that's what i liked about that other site i was at, the only rule was pretty much don't kill anyone...
    How very well trained of me? Seriously? I can guarantee you that TOL is not responsible for me telling you that you can take your attitude and stick it in your ear.

i guess that's what i liked about that other site i was at, the only rule was pretty much don't kill anyone...
    Oh. I see. You wish to participate in discussion forum that is the equivalent of The Richard Bey Show. Classy.
    for in their opinion fact depends entirely on the power of man who can fabricate it.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't aware you directed any posts towards me.

From your perspective? Not necessarily. I don't know you well enough to make that call. Insofar as how the members and moderators view the pic, yes.

No. I think your intention was humor. It's a matter of knowing what is and what is not humorous/offensive/allowable based on your audience/setting. I have graphics and jokes which in some settings people would find humorous ... however, they do not belong on TOL. I know better, and frankly, I knew from the moment I signed up with TOL that certain topics/word/graphics/POV's would not be tolerated. Everyone has to decide for themselves whether or not it is worth it for them to use enough self-restraint to keep within the forum rules. For me, it's worth it. I accept it and will not be making a fuss over it.

I ask myself that very question every morning, prior to my first cup of coffee.
    Always.
    did you have a cup before you posted this ? -

Attachment 19653

Thanks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Baker View Post

Attachment 19653
    I did ... though probably not enough.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,188 Posts

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i've been meaning to chat with you, why won't you respond to my posts?

1. the rules already stated they are subjective, kudos to them for being honest about it...

2. of course it matters, especially when subjective rules are enforced by even more subjective admins/mods... it becomes exponentially more offensive then

3. i already mentioned that variable, to which you are just going to have to ban everyone, eventually you are going to say or do something that is offensive
    Nope, just you and a few others that can't seem to help themselves. You are about to say something that will get you banned again Get a clue, dude.
    4. how does one abide by SUBJECTIVE rules? i can handle the objective ones just fine
    You 'will' handle the subjective ones too
    5. do you believe the pic i posted was me intending to be blasphemous to Jesus?
    The punishment takes into account your detention of whether it was an intended or ignorant offense. That is why your first one was 'zero.'

Quit crying baby girl (sorry, I'm saying man-up - this is actually a fun website so the loss will be your own).
    i.e. do you take me for one of those Angry Atheists that hates God and all religious people, and was attempting to be clever by posting a cartoon about raptor jebus which is current political commentary for the ongoing YEC vs Evolution Anti-theist (buhllion years old universe) debate...?
    There you go: "Jeebus."

have you people been living under a rock?!
    Er, YOU are the cry baby here. Just saying and btw Stop this nonsense....or don't.

5. [be honest] how you respond will quickly form my opinion about you
    Doesn't matter, you are making your own bed to lie in. You will surely lie in it, you made it, you have to. Stop being a crybaby.

I dare you to ban me

narrowminded, censoring, snowflakes.
    He was not long for this TOL world.
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Thanks

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Because then 'you' would be getting the infraction. You and I aren't MAD and we aren't OV. What then is the difference? 1) He posted a picture and 2) even later called him raptor 'je[e]bus' as yet another affront.

I don't like ANYTHING that casts dispersions on our Lord Jesus Christ ESPECIALLY as a punch-line or in satire. TOL doesn't either. I'm glad for that. The reason you and I aren't banned is because of a reverence for Our Lord Jesus Christ, but if you are going to support IDW on his indiscretions, you might not have that same valued shared in common. It doesn't matter, I just happen to be on the TOL side of this debate and really they are the ones that count. You and I don't, not on this.

He only received a zero point warning for this. "Waaaaahhhh! They asked me nicely in an official manner not to say this again! Waaaaahhh! That's not fair!!!"

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagster01 View Post
    Come on IDW, I'm not a Christian and I have received only 3 infractions in 8 years here, and two of those were within one month of each other. It's not that hard to stay within the rules enough to not receive infractions.
    I should have knocked on wood.
    Having the right to do something does not automatically make it the right thing to do.

Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.~Founding Father Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814,

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This should be a good thread that will help everyone understand why their indiscreet pictures received an infraction and or ban.
    Oh yes, this always helps.
    I AM the pie lady!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Baker View Post

Attachment 19653
    Oh hey!...you left this off
    I AM the pie lady!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IMJerusha View Post
    I 'started' this thread to keep idw from 'derailing' his own thread as well as making one that would help him understand why he had an infraction. There are a few ensuing pictures, humor, and satire, that illustrate how to do so and NOT bet banned and there is good information on what does get banned.

I really do hope it helps him and others. It was meant to do so.

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Thanks
    Thanked 14,820 Times in 11,739 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Oh hey!...you left this off
    grudges ? it's not good for your constitution. aahh, the retired life -
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

Thanks
    Thanked 14,820 Times in 11,739 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

you ALWAYS help -
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I 'started' this thread to keep idw from 'derailing' his own thread as well as making one that would help him understand why he had an infraction. There are a few ensuing pictures, humor, and satire, that illustrate how to do so and NOT bet banned and there is good information on what does get banned.
    There has been plenty of offense to Yeshua couched in doctrines and willful disobedience here and I often wonder why that isn't a problem.
    I really do hope it helps him and others. It was meant to do so.
    Got anything in your medicine bag for PJ? He seems a bit....confused.
    Last edited by IMJerusha; April 23rd, 2015 at 08:57 PM.
    I AM the pie lady!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    grudges ?
    None that I'm aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    it's not good for your constitution.