ECT Speaking in tongues

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
2 Corinthians 12:8-9 KJV
(8) For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
(9) And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Danoh

He's sneaky. It's best to read every one of his words in order to see what he's ACTUALLY saying, not what he wants you to think he's saying. Very crafty, this one.

You're like an old woman; ever living for controversy.

And my question to him about what he'd meant is there for the record; no matter how you two twist things in your phoney "fellowship."

"In you that believe" is the same as if Paul had said "you members of the Body of Christ."

But typical of both your issue, you read your dual stupidity into my quoting of that passage, and then believed it my intent.

There is no peace with your kind.

You are exactly like the Pharisees- ever projecting their up to no good as having been the Lord who was up to no good.

I had thought Musti had wanted to explore those issues.

Turned out his same old set in his ways ignorance.

:rotfl:

What clowns some of you are in your obvious transparent hypocrisy to all on TOL but to you and your elitisism.

Have at it, bozos.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey, LA, do yourself a favor and say something intelligent some day. Yeah, you'll put us all into shock. We might even have to be resuscitated.

OK.

1Sa 17:45 Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.
1Sa 17:46 This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.
1Sa 17:47 And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD'S, and he will give you into our hands.
1Sa 17:48 And it came to pass, when the Philistine arose, and came and drew nigh to meet David, that David hasted, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine.
1Sa 17:49 And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.
1Sa 17:50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.
1Sa 17:51 Therefore David ran, and stood upon the Philistine, and took his sword, and drew it out of the sheath thereof, and slew him, and cut off his head therewith. And when the Philistines saw their champion was dead, they fled.

LA

musterion

OK.

1Sa 17:45 Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.
1Sa 17:46 This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.
1Sa 17:47 And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD'S, and he will give you into our hands.
1Sa 17:48 And it came to pass, when the Philistine arose, and came and drew nigh to meet David, that David hasted, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine.
1Sa 17:49 And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.
1Sa 17:50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.
1Sa 17:51 Therefore David ran, and stood upon the Philistine, and took his sword, and drew it out of the sheath thereof, and slew him, and cut off his head therewith. And when the Philistines saw their champion was dead, they fled.

LA

Oh man, not this again.

Danoh

2 Corinthians 12:8-9 KJV
(8) For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
(9) And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Yep.

Acts 17:11; 2 Tim. 2:15.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Then how did Eve's offspring find salvation? (Genesis 6:8-9:1)

On what basis was Abraham made the father of all souls of faith? Romans 4:13-24

To say that the O.T. saints of God never heard or believed of God's saving grace, is an outright lie and denial of the teachings of Holy Scripture.

Repent of this error and stop spreading this lie, or you will die in your sins.

Exactly.

LA

Danoh

That's me.
I am an old woman.

He would like some answers; not another daily lecture on projection.

That was what he did when I answered his question with a passage.

He and GM both did this.

They then accused me of being up to no good based on said projection.

Again you side with GM when he is the one in the wrong.

Read back a page or two.

jimiduzit

How do you know it is of God?

What is your criteria?

Thanks.
Because I know what I was and what I am now. The change is the evidence. No one but Yahweh could turn me around as I was. He is pretty marvelous. I use my Bible as my measuring rod. I wish, hope, and pray my experience for everyone. Why should any one die lost? I pray He blesses you. Get a Bible and just start reading [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G920V using TheologyOnline mobile app

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Does that mean only those who speak in tongues are redeemed?

The tongues miraculously spoken at Pentecost were identifiable human languages.

Which one has God gifted you with? Swahili? Dutch? Apache? And would you be willing to post audio of your gift?

You are stuck on that idea but the scripture does say---

1Co 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

As you claim to be baptized into the body of Christ, yet know nothing of the gifts then you need to rethink your position of unbelief.

1Co 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
1Co 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
1Co 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
1Co 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
1Co 12:14 For the body is not one member, but many.

You claim none of those gifts, even fighting against them, yet you think you are in the body of Christ.

Do you really believe you can be baptized into the Body of Christ and have no gift given you, when the word says God gives severally as He wills?

and--

Eph 4:7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
Eph 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
Eph 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

LA

Danoh

Because I know what I was and what I am now. The change is the evidence. No one but Yahweh could turn me around as I was. He is pretty marvelous. I use my Bible as my measuring rod. I wish, hope, and pray my experience for everyone. Why should any one die lost? I pray He blesses you. Get a Bible and just start reading [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G920V using TheologyOnline mobile app

This may sting a bit...

If you have believed Romans 5:8; then you are saved.

And if you are saved; you were once lost.

No matter how great or not; your former life was.

If you are saved, you were lost for one simple reason - because you were born in Adam, Rom. 5; Eph. 2.

You are confusing one issue with another.

Great former life or not, has nothing to do with the fact of why the lost...are lost.

Food for thought...