User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 104

Thread: Why is it believed that all men are condemned from birth?

  1. #31
    Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    20,720
    Thanks
    1,174
    Thanked 13,214 Times in 10,099 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147866
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    David is saying he was "conceived in sin" __ not to be confused with being born.

    "Could" or should, be righteous?

    Support what? A man is born innocent/blameless? Why the need to suppport that truth when the Bible will given you understanding if you want it?


    Where, in Scripture, are we told that we are born blameless?

    Ask yourself what consitutes unrighteousness except to the thing that is unrighteous. Can baby do that? Does he have understanding of the law?
    Unrighteousness is the opposite of righteousness. God is righteous; we are not, without him. There is no act we can perform to make us either. We are not born righteous. God makes us righteous. Knowledge of the Law only shows us what we are. It does not make us that way.


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

    LoneStar (April 23rd, 2016)

  3. #32
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,774
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 604 Times in 550 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    85034
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post


    Where, in Scripture, are we told that we are born blameless?


    Unrighteousness is the opposite of righteousness. God is righteous; we are not, without him. There is no act we can perform to make us either. We are not born righteous. God makes us righteous. Knowledge of the Law only shows us what we are. It does not make us that way.
    Quit playing with my words. Grow up. Get understanding. Read your Bible. Learn the elementary truths of it before stepping out to challenge anyone.

  4. #33
    Journeyman Ardima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    But your 'theme' in all this is that man doesn't have choice. Am I wrong in that?
    When we look at scripture as a whole we can get a complete view of God's plan. From beginning to end the focus of the Bible is the love of God toward mankind. The theme of the Bible is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Without the Gospel we would not truly know the love of God. If Adam was not given the command not to eat of the tree, there would have been no need for Christ to die and subsequently no way to truly know the love of God toward us. Where there is no law sin is not imputed. Without the knowledge of good and evil man couldn't truly worship God for who He is because there would be no contrast between our human nature and the Eternal Nature of God.

    To anwer you question: my theme in all of this is the complete sovereignty of God.



    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    What is God then given to do to bring about His intentions, just little let everything 'fall'/fail with no way to "rescue" it? Does that make sense to you? Why not first consider what God had in mind [SET IN HIMSELF] that, of necessity had to undergo a time of proving before He could claim success in the eyes of those watching? We must keep in mind Lucifers failure and how it came about God uses it to prove His reasoning for conducting His business on man's level of understanding without man initially realizing it. Read the scriptures with that in mind and see what you come up with __ "first the natural and then the spiritual" 1Cor. 15:46.
    There isnt a "fall/failure" when it was God's plan from the beginning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    This question should cut to the chase: Is a persons salvation by decree?
    You are thinking too small.

    (1 Corinthians 15:22-23) For as in Adam all die, even so, in Christ will all be made alive. (23) But every man in his own order... The salvation of all men are secured in Christ. The "when and how" we believe is what He lets us decide...
    Christ is the Gospel; Christ is our righteousness; Christ is our hope!!! No Jesus; no righteousness. No Jesus; no hope!

  5. #34
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,295
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 7,683 Times in 6,042 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147793
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    If using one word to define, please elaborate.
    Condemn = Judged guilty of sin and sentenced.
    In this use of the word condemn do we not need to know what it means and why it is assumed man is, from birth?
    People are not condemned from birth.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  6. #35
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,774
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 604 Times in 550 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    85034
    [QUOTE=Ardima;4294322]
    When we look at scripture as a whole we can get a complete view of God's plan. From beginning to end the focus of the Bible is the love of God toward mankind.

    Love toward mankind that God should command him from the beginning? What is that all about?


    The theme of the Bible is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Again, how so since that wasn't what it is was from the beginning?

    W
    ithout the Gospel we would not truly know the love of God.
    Again and again, How so? Abraham was His friend. David was after His heart. Where is that is the gospel?

    If Adam was not given the command not to eat of the tree, there would have been no need for Christ to die and subsequently no way to truly know the love of God toward us.
    How so?

    Where there is no law sin is not imputed. Without the knowledge of good and evil man couldn't truly worship God for who He is because there would be no contrast between our human nature and the Eternal Nature of God.
    So, you say God intended Adam to fail? What would have happened had he obeyed God? He had a freewill to do so., and why couldn't the Word of God have been incarnated in Adam because of his obedience? That is how Jesus did it?

    To anwer you question: my theme in all of this is the complete sovereignty of God.
    In administering His sovereignty, God never violates Himself. What is His Character that confirms that except the visible life and death of Jesus Who demonstrated it that He could not alter?

    There isnt a "fall/failure" when it was God's plan from the beginning.
    Explain the plan that required Adam to fail with consequences for all mankind you claim He loved, had to wait 4000 yrs to be redeemed? What did God intend for Adam that he should have been but the "fall" guy for Jesus after having been promised the dominion over the whole world had he obeyed God?

    You are thinking too small.
    You aren't thinking at all.

    (1 Corinthians 15:22-23) For as in Adam all die, even so, in Christ will all be made alive. (23) But every man in his own order... The salvation of all men are secured in Christ. The "when and how" we believe is what He lets us decide...
    Yes, yes, I know all that __ you can't explain.

  7. #36
    Journeyman Ardima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    Love toward mankind that God should command him from the beginning? What is that all about?
    It seems to me that you are just wasting my time. You either understand what I am saying and just want to argue; or you refuse to see it



    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    Again, how so since that wasn't what it is was from the beginning?
    It wasn't? Jesus is the Lamb of God slain before the foundation of the world. In the eyes of God it was like that BEFORE the beginning!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    Again and again, How so? Abraham was His friend. David was after His heart. Where is that is the gospel?
    Your response does not make any sense. Why does Abraham or David have to be part of the Gospel?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    How so?
    Humans understand things by contrast. You only know what "hot" is because we have experienced "cold." This applies to every part of creation. We only understand the Love of God because we have experienced condemnation. If you cannot grasp this simple concept I am wasting my time and will go elsewhere.



    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    So, you say God intended Adam to fail? What would have happened had he obeyed God? He had a freewill to do so., and why couldn't the Word of God have been incarnated in Adam because of his obedience? That is how Jesus did it?
    There is no "what ifs" or "what would" with God. Hypothetical situations are only used to distract from the truth. Everything has happened he way it has because God planned it that way from the beginning. Something you cannot seem to grasp.



    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    In administering His sovereignty, God never violates Himself. What is His Character that confirms that except the visible life and death of Jesus Who demonstrated it that He could not alter?
    God is eternal; that is, exhaustively complete. If He could alter or violate Himself He would not be eternal by the very definition. You do not need the Bible to figure that out. Actually, the Bible is the only book that describes God as He must be; this is how we know the Bible is trust worthy.



    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    Explain the plan that required Adam to fail with consequences for all mankind you claim He loved, had to wait 4000 yrs to be redeemed? What did God intend for Adam that he should have been but the "fall" guy for Jesus after having been promised the dominion over the whole world had he obeyed God?
    When was Adam promised dominion over the whole earth? Adam was commanded to subdue the earth and rule over creation. I have explained the plan over and over. Do not waste my time arguing about things that you refuse to comprehend.



    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    You aren't thinking at all.
    So what you are saying is that I am wrong simply because you thing man has free will? The doctrine of free will is[/QUOTE]



    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    Yes, yes, I know all that __ you can't explain.
    I think that verse is pretty clear... I see it was a mistake to think that you would be willing to have a decent conversation. May God open your ears and your heart.

  8. #37
    Over 500 post club Word based mystic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    atlanta/loganville, georgia
    Posts
    713
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2312
    quote from ardima " So what you are saying is that I am wrong simply because you thing man has free will? The doctrine of free will is"

    you ignore much of scripture in order to affirm your calvin gospel.

    your whole angle is looking through calvin eyes.

    adam was given not (promised) dominion over the earth.
    within the command to subdue came the ability and dominion.

    the earth does not long for the manifestation of the sons of God for no reason.

    you also quote "Humans understand things by contrast. You only know what "hot" is because we have experienced "cold." This applies to every part of creation. We only understand the Love of God because we have experienced condemnation"

    that quote is pure speculation. kinda like we only conscious thought because at one time we once had no thoughts. lol
    or
    we only understand self awareness because we at one time were unaware.
    lol

    we only understand pain is bad because we can experience pleasure.
    lol

    we only understand life because at one time we did not exist and in that non existence we understood what that non existence meant.

    you promote an occultic yin/yang goobley gock. balance and contrast baaahhh occult yin yang

    no good without evil LOL

    God needs an evil counterpart to exist lol
    this contrast theory is really silly

  9. #38
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,774
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 604 Times in 550 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    85034
    Quote Originally Posted by Word based mystic View Post
    quote from ardima " So what you are saying is that I am wrong simply because you thing man has free will? The doctrine of free will is"

    you ignore much of scripture in order to affirm your calvin gospel.

    your whole angle is looking through calvin eyes.

    adam was given not (promised) dominion over the earth.
    within the command to subdue came the ability and dominion.

    the earth does not long for the manifestation of the sons of God for no reason.

    you also quote "Humans understand things by contrast. You only know what "hot" is because we have experienced "cold." This applies to every part of creation. We only understand the Love of God because we have experienced condemnation"

    that quote is pure speculation. kinda like we only conscious thought because at one time we once had no thoughts. lol
    or
    we only understand self awareness because we at one time were unaware.
    lol

    we only understand pain is bad because we can experience pleasure.
    lol

    we only understand life because at one time we did not exist and in that non existence we understood what that non existence meant.

    you promote an occultic yin/yang goobley gock. balance and contrast baaahhh occult yin yang

    no good without evil LOL

    God needs an evil counterpart to exist lol
    this contrast theory is really silly
    Thank you Wbm,

    What more can I add or say the could possibly make more clear where the problem lies that was born from the embryonic fluid religious doctrinal error.

    To rectify his thinking, Ardima needs a proper starting point for understanding the "why" of man's existence; God's ultimate intention for having brought him into existence.. Certainly, it was NOT for the purpose of redeeming him, which makes no sense at all. It was, however, for the purpose of making him the center piece of Himself, the Godhead; the bringing together of the 3 identities of the Godhead and summing them up in Divine human flesh. To have for Himself a vast family of sons birthed into existence by the very LIFE of Himself summed up in one "qualified" human being Who would then propagate it. This is what was in His Mind "from the beginning", in His foreknowledge, where He could foresee all of the failures born in hope that would of necessity, occur, but pre-planned for success.
    See Gen 6:6 KJV; Rom 8:20-21 KJV.

    God wanted His Mind summed up in the heart of man. To accomplish this, man needed a freewill. That is NOT arguable, freewill being part of the image of God, for which man was created that he be equipped to make choices that would reflect his ambition upon weighing his options for himself alone. There was no indwelling Divine vision, nor could be at this time of proving. Freedom to choose and the "ground rules" were as we read of them in the Genesis account. Let them say what the say that the remaining scriptures throughout the Bible, might serve to explain the account.

    Why God wanted to share Himself in such a way, we don't know. However, it was His Will and His Ultimate sovereignty, bound by His Holy Character, that would accomplish it which was also summed up it in the "ground rules" between Himself and the angels given to watch it all unfold, i.e., God could NOT violate Himself __ the governing indeed, very existence, of all vast eternity was at stake.

    . . . The first Adam, failed.

  10. #39
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,774
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 604 Times in 550 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    85034
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardima View Post
    It seems to me that you are just wasting my time. You either understand what I am saying and just want to argue; or you refuse to see it



    It wasn't? Jesus is the Lamb of God slain before the foundation of the world. In the eyes of God it was like that BEFORE the beginning!!

    Your response does not make any sense. Why does Abraham or David have to be part of the Gospel?

    Humans understand things by contrast. You only know what "hot" is because we have experienced "cold." This applies to every part of creation. We only understand the Love of God because we have experienced condemnation. If you cannot grasp this simple concept I am wasting my time and will go elsewhere.



    There is no "what ifs" or "what would" with God. Hypothetical situations are only used to distract from the truth. Everything has happened he way it has because God planned it that way from the beginning. Something you cannot seem to grasp.



    God is eternal; that is, exhaustively complete. If He could alter or violate Himself He would not be eternal by the very definition. You do not need the Bible to figure that out. Actually, the Bible is the only book that describes God as He must be; this is how we know the Bible is trust worthy.



    When was Adam promised dominion over the whole earth? Adam was commanded to subdue the earth and rule over creation. I have explained the plan over and over. Do not waste my time arguing about things that you refuse to comprehend.



    So what you are saying is that I am wrong simply because you thing man has free will? The doctrine of free will is


    I think that verse is pretty clear... I see it was a mistake to think that you would be willing to have a decent conversation. May God open your ears and your heart.
    Don't be so childish in your replies, son. No one knows it all __ not even me.

  11. #40
    Journeyman Ardima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by Word based mystic View Post
    quote from ardima " So what you are saying is that I am wrong simply because you thing man has free will? The doctrine of free will is"

    you ignore much of scripture in order to affirm your calvin gospel.

    your whole angle is looking through calvin eyes.
    My whole angle is affirming the sovereignty of God. Calvinism views a god who will not save all men (which is His will) because of election. Arminianism views a god who cannot save all men because of free will. I view a God who not only wills all men yo be saved but will also perform His will.

    Quote Originally Posted by Word based mystic View Post
    adam was given not (promised) dominion over the earth.
    within the command to subdue came the ability and dominion.
    I do not see why you brought this up when it is exactly what I said...

    Quote Originally Posted by Word based mystic View Post
    the earth does not long for the manifestation of the sons of God for no reason.
    Amen!

    Quote Originally Posted by Word based mystic View Post
    you also quote "Humans understand things by contrast. You only know what "hot" is because we have experienced "cold." This applies to every part of creation. We only understand the Love of God because we have experienced condemnation"

    that quote is pure speculation. kinda like we only conscious thought because at one time we once had no thoughts. lol
    We only have concious thoughts because we exist. We cannot claim that we do not think without confirming that we do. Your analogy is way off base.

    Quote Originally Posted by Word based mystic View Post
    or
    we only understand self awareness because we at one time were unaware.
    lol
    Same thing here, you overexagerate the concept in order to make a mockery of it. Selfawareness isnt something you understand it is something you have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Word based mystic View Post
    we only understand pain is bad because we can experience pleasure.
    lol
    You have that backwards. We only know what pleasure is because we have experienced the lack of pleasure which we call "pain".

    Quote Originally Posted by Word based mystic View Post
    we only understand life because at one time we did not exist and in that non existence we understood what that non existence meant.
    This one is just rediculous. Many things exist without life. Even you will exist when the life you have is gone. We can only know life and appreciate because we experience the lack of life which we call death.

    Quote Originally Posted by Word based mystic View Post
    you promote an occultic yin/yang goobley gock. balance and contrast baaahhh occult yin yang

    no good without evil LOL

    God needs an evil counterpart to exist lol
    this contrast theory is really silly
    Evil doesnt exist, neither does cold, etc. Those are just terms we use to discribe the lack of the positive. All you do is make yourself look uneducated...
    Christ is the Gospel; Christ is our righteousness; Christ is our hope!!! No Jesus; no righteousness. No Jesus; no hope!

  12. #41
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,774
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 604 Times in 550 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    85034
    Good luck, Wbm. I don't believe your effort is going to net you much in the way of rational replies. His corrupted "nexus" is beyond what I bargained for __ beyond the ability to at least, reason.

  13. #42
    Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    20,720
    Thanks
    1,174
    Thanked 13,214 Times in 10,099 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147866
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    Quit playing with my words. Grow up. Get understanding. Read your Bible. Learn the elementary truths of it before stepping out to challenge anyone.
    John 3:18

    It seems I know the Bible much better than you. And you are the one who threw out the challenge. Maybe you should take your own advice.


  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

    LoneStar (April 23rd, 2016)

  15. #43
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,774
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 604 Times in 550 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    85034
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    John 3:18

    It seems I know the Bible much better than you. And you are the one who threw out the challenge. Maybe you should take your own advice.
    You presume much with little understanding to support your juvenile attitude.

  16. #44
    Over 500 post club Word based mystic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    atlanta/loganville, georgia
    Posts
    713
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2312
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardima View Post
    My whole angle is affirming the sovereignty of God. Calvinism views a god who will not save all men (which is His will) because of election. Arminianism views a god who cannot save all men because of free will. I view a God who not only wills all men yo be saved but will also perform His will.



    I do not see why you brought this up when it is exactly what I said...



    Amen!



    We only have concious thoughts because we exist. We cannot claim that we do not think without confirming that we do. Your analogy is way off base.



    Same thing here, you overexagerate the concept in order to make a mockery of it. Selfawareness isnt something you understand it is something you have.



    You have that backwards. We only know what pleasure is because we have experienced the lack of pleasure which we call "pain".



    This one is just rediculous. Many things exist without life. Even you will exist when the life you have is gone. We can only know life and appreciate because we experience the lack of life which we call death.



    Evil doesnt exist, neither does cold, etc. Those are just terms we use to discribe the lack of the positive. All you do is make yourself look uneducated...
    every time i made a statement i was making fun of your ideas.

    i LOL after making fun of your ideas.

    those are not my ideas they are yours can you not read that i was making ridiculous statements on your quotes.

    i rarely mock but you deserved these. I quoted you and then showed how ridiculous that logic was....
    Last edited by Word based mystic; April 20th, 2015 at 06:45 PM.

  17. #45
    Journeyman Ardima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by Word based mystic View Post
    every time i made a statement i was making fun of your ideas.

    i LOL after making fun of your ideas.

    those are not my ideas they are yours can you not read that i was making ridiculous statements on your quotes.

    i rarely mock but you deserved these. I quoted you and then showed how ridiculous that logic was....
    You mean facts? Science has proven such things between hot and cold. It is only logical that it is the same with the spiritual because the physical is a shadow of the spiritual. There are attributes that God must have to be the Eternal One. Nothing we find in scripture when viewed correctly go against those attributes. All doctrine must be in line with the nature of God or that doctrine is incorrect. Free will in the sense that most use it here on TOL goes against the nature of God. God has given man a will and lets him choose to love God or not, but in regards to salvation it was accomplished for all in Jesus Christ just as it was planned before time began. The only way Adam would not have sinned is if God did not create him with a sinful nature to begin with. God took responsibility for the "fall" and therefore is the only one responsible for salvation. To claim responsibility for something only God provides is treading dangerous waters.
    Christ is the Gospel; Christ is our righteousness; Christ is our hope!!! No Jesus; no righteousness. No Jesus; no hope!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us