User Tag List

Page 122 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2272112119120121122123 LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 1839

Thread: MLB - 2018

  1. #1816
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,182
    Thanks
    17,760
    Thanked 16,470 Times in 12,936 Posts

    Blog Entries
    28
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    The Cardinals and Brewers made baseball history yesterday doing something that has never happened in MLB before EVER. Rubber game tonight !!!

    Brewers, Cardinals make baseball history on Tuesday night


    Baseball history was accomplished at Miller Park on Tuesday night.
    For the first time ever a game both began and ended with consecutive home runs, with Dexter Fowler and Tommy Pham taking Chase Anderson deep in the span of three pitches in the first inning and Christian Yelich and Ryan Braun homering off Dominic Leone on consecutive pitches with two outs in the ninth.

    It was Braun's round-tripper that walked off the rival Cardinals, 5-4, in a game it felt like the Brewers had no business winning until they finally found their bats in the final two innings.


    "I’m just glad we were on the finishing end of that accomplishment because you want to be on the back end and not the front end, I guess," Braun said. "As long as this game’s been played it’s surprising that’s the case.


    "But a pretty special win for us tonight. We were down 4-0 and it felt like 7-0, 8-0 with the way it was going and the way they were swinging the bats."



  2. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

    SaulToPaul (April 4th, 2018)

  3. #1817
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    16,916
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11,332 Times in 7,946 Posts

    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147838
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    The Cardinals and Brewers made baseball history yesterday doing something that has never happened in MLB before EVER. Rubber game tonight !!!

    Brewers, Cardinals make baseball history on Tuesday night


    Baseball history was accomplished at Miller Park on Tuesday night.
    For the first time ever a game both began and ended with consecutive home runs, with Dexter Fowler and Tommy Pham taking Chase Anderson deep in the span of three pitches in the first inning and Christian Yelich and Ryan Braun homering off Dominic Leone on consecutive pitches with two outs in the ninth.

    It was Braun's round-tripper that walked off the rival Cardinals, 5-4, in a game it felt like the Brewers had no business winning until they finally found their bats in the final two innings.


    "I’m just glad we were on the finishing end of that accomplishment because you want to be on the back end and not the front end, I guess," Braun said. "As long as this game’s been played it’s surprising that’s the case.


    "But a pretty special win for us tonight. We were down 4-0 and it felt like 7-0, 8-0 with the way it was going and the way they were swinging the bats."


    It's over. The Cards had a nice run, but peaked with their 2 game win streak. The Fat Lady is warming up, offstage.
    Saint John W

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    patrick jane (April 4th, 2018)

  5. #1818
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    19,061
    Thanks
    3,368
    Thanked 21,383 Times in 12,405 Posts

    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147809
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    The Fat Lady is warming up, offstage.
    Terry Forster in a dress?
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    patrick jane (April 5th, 2018)

  7. #1819
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    16,916
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11,332 Times in 7,946 Posts

    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147838
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    Terry Forster in a dress?
    Oh, you're a regular Bill Cosby, ain't you, sport? Why don't you and your fellow jokesters show up early at Metzger's Field, and put "Jello Pudding" on the seats?You'd get a real kick out of that, wouldn't you, Alice?
    Saint John W

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    patrick jane (April 5th, 2018),SaulToPaul (April 4th, 2018)

  9. #1820
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,182
    Thanks
    17,760
    Thanked 16,470 Times in 12,936 Posts

    Blog Entries
    28
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    A Short Video Recap Link:
    Recap: STL 6, MIL 0 | St. Louis Cardinals - MLB.com



    Martinez on the mark as Cardinals blank Brewers | St. Louis Cardinals ...


    MILWAUKEE • Whenever Cardinals ace Carlos Martinez has gone off the rails, it most often has been traced to his inability to survive the early innings or to complete a mundane fielding play. Martinez was able to accomplish both on Wednesday night, pitching around four Milwaukee baserunners in the first two innings but erasing one of them by starting a double play himself.


    Once Martinez navigated the second, it was all downhill skiing as the Brewers simply were overmatched. Crafting one of his career gems, Martinez held Milwaukee to four hits over 8 1/3 innings in a 6-0 win, striking out 10, for his first victory and one that evened the Cardinals’ season-opening trip at 3-3.


    He would have had the complete-game shutout but third baseman Yairo Munoz booted a double-play grounder in the ninth. Sam Tuivailala allowed a single to load the bases and then Bud Norris finished up by starting a mound-to-home-to-first double play.

  10. #1821
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,182
    Thanks
    17,760
    Thanked 16,470 Times in 12,936 Posts

    Blog Entries
    28
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    Oh, you're a regular Bill Cosby, ain't you, sport? Why don't you and your fellow jokesters show up early at Metzger's Field, and put "Jello Pudding" on the seats?You'd get a real kick out of that, wouldn't you, Alice?
    3 and 3 on the opening road trip. Not bad saint john. (I want the saint john w bobblehead)

  11. #1822
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    16,916
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11,332 Times in 7,946 Posts

    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147838
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    3 and 3 on the opening road trip. Not bad saint john. (I want the saint john w bobblehead)
    Just put me finger in the air...I've always liked CMart, and, if he duplicates last night's dominant outing, in every start,he will win 65 games, and be inducted into Cooperstown in November.

    If you want the prized bobblehead, as Granny would say," Let the praise commence."
    Saint John W

  12. #1823
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,182
    Thanks
    17,760
    Thanked 16,470 Times in 12,936 Posts

    Blog Entries
    28
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    Just put me finger in the air...I've always liked CMart, and, if he duplicates last night's dominant outing, in every start,he will win 65 games, and be inducted into Cooperstown in November.

    If you want the prized bobblehead, as Granny would say," Let the praise commence."
    I bet you were the best at every position, a one man team, a dynamo. A diamond in the rough and the King of the Diamond !!!

  13. #1824
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    16,916
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11,332 Times in 7,946 Posts

    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147838
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    I bet you were the best at every position, a one man team, a dynamo. A diamond in the rough and the King of the Diamond !!!
    I peaked at age 13, when the mound was moved from 40 feet, to 46 feet, and my formerly "sneaky fast ball" then looked like a beach ball. I retired, and went on to an illustrious career in St; Louis high school/Mizzou college soccer.
    Saint John W

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    patrick jane (April 5th, 2018)

  15. #1825
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    19,061
    Thanks
    3,368
    Thanked 21,383 Times in 12,405 Posts

    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147809
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    I peaked at age 13, when the mound was moved from 40 feet, to 46 feet, and my formerly "sneaky fast ball" then looked like a beach ball. I retired, and went on to an illustrious career in St; Louis high school/Mizzou college soccer.
    Is it true, saint john, that you were once the best bar dart thrower in St Louie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    patrick jane (April 5th, 2018)

  17. #1826
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    16,916
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11,332 Times in 7,946 Posts

    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147838
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    Is it true, saint john, that you were once the best bar dart thrower in St Louie?
    Shuffleboard was my specialty, Mayor, and I got better, after playing "quarters" with those Oly beer pitchers!

    Saint John W

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    patrick jane (April 5th, 2018)

  19. #1827
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,182
    Thanks
    17,760
    Thanked 16,470 Times in 12,936 Posts

    Blog Entries
    28
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    It's still early, lots of hope in a young season. But every game counts and the Cardinals need a good start. It's time to get the Birds singing.

  20. #1828
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,182
    Thanks
    17,760
    Thanked 16,470 Times in 12,936 Posts

    Blog Entries
    28
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    I sure hope the Redbirds aren't a .500 team again this year. It's starting off that way so far.

  21. #1829
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    16,916
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11,332 Times in 7,946 Posts

    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147838
    Dominic Leone needs to be sent down to Khoury League-responsible for 2 losses.They ought to "retrade" him for Randal Grichuk, who, although "hitting" only .059, could pitch better than Leone.
    Saint John W

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    patrick jane (April 9th, 2018)

  23. #1830
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,182
    Thanks
    17,760
    Thanked 16,470 Times in 12,936 Posts

    Blog Entries
    28
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    The Redbirds are on a winning streak so I decided to post to jinx them again.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us