Page 7 of 119 FirstFirst ... 456789101757107 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB - 2017

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mocking You View Post
    I know all about Bryant's stats and his accolades. The fact is he doesn't have an MLB at bat. Therefore, by definition, he's not "one of their best players".
    Do you really believe that Cubs third baseman, Mike Olt, is a better player than Kris Bryant right now?

Byron Buxton is the Twins' top prospect. He was Baseball America's #1 prospect 2 years in a row. He does not have an MLB at bat. He is not one of their best players.
    Buxton is not Kris Bryant. For one Buxton has only reached AA ball. He has never hit 43 HR's at AAA like Bryant.

BTW, Bryant is batting .125 in AAA Iowa. Should be be called up?
    That is in just two games that Bryant had played (1 for 8). Now Bryant has played in 3 games and is now hitting .333/.357/.667 . That is what you get with such small sample sizes. The Cubs should call him up right now!
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
    . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Reds Are Starting Off Hot !

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Cards win. The Cards win.
    Eph 2:8 For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift --
    Eph 2:9 not from works, so that no one can boast.
    Eph 2:10 For we are His creation, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time so that we should walk in them. [HCSB]

Thanks
    Thanked 14,255 Times in 11,351 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saved.One.by.Grace View Post
    The Cards win. The Cards win.
    Matt Carpenter - 2 run HR in the 11th ! ! ! That's a Winner !

Attachment 19623
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

5. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

Mark M (March 4th, 2016)

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Baker View Post
    The Reds Are Starting Off Hot !
    What was that about the Reds?
    Eph 2:8 For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift --
    Eph 2:10 For we are His creation, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time so that we should walk in them. [HCSB]

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year Miguel Cabrera had his poorest season in years. There was some talk that he is entering the decline phase of his career. Others countered that Cabrera had some injuries that really hampered him 2014. Well, far in 2015 is hitting like crazy, .517/.576/.824, 292 OPS+.
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

. -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Thanks
    Thanked 14,255 Times in 11,351 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    Last year Miguel Cabrera had his poorest season in years. There was some talk that he is entering the decline phase of his career. Others countered that Cabrera had some injuries that really hampered him 2014. Well, far in 2015 is hitting like crazy, .517/.576/.824, 292 OPS+.
    he's a great player, he is far from done. Pujols just hit HR 522, 6 years ago i thought he would pass Babe and maybe (steroid) Bonds. if he only stayed in St. Louis he may have 560 by now, 600 by the end of '15 season. it was not to be ?
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

9. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

Mark M (March 4th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    he's a great player, he is far from done. Pujols just hit HR 522, 6 years ago i thought he would pass Babe and maybe (steroid) Bonds. if he only stayed in St. Louis he may have 560 by now, 600 by the end of '15 season. it was not to be ?
    Albert Pujols was amazing in his 20's, right there with Lou Gehrig as the greatest first baseman of all time. His severe decline starting at age 31 is just puzzling to me. For years there were rumors that he was perhaps 3-5 years older than he claimed to be. I never paid much attention to those rumors but now I am not so sure. All time greats don't usually decline that fast at such a young age.

. -Ktoyou

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Albert Pujols was amazing in his 20's, right there with Lou Gehrig as the greatest first baseman of all time. His severe decline starting at age 31 is just puzzling to me. For years there were rumors that he was perhaps 3-5 years older than he claimed to be. I never paid much attention to those rumors but now I am not so sure. All time greats don't usually decline that fast at such a young age.
    I don't know why, but I always found as funny the following ESPN commercial with the spelling bee kid and Scott Van Pelt trying to spell P-U-J-O-I-S.

This Is Sportscenter - Spelling Bee
    (1 Cor 1:13 KJV) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    I don't know why, but I always found as funny the following ESPN commercial with the spelling bee kid and Scott Van Pelt trying to spell P-U-J-O-I-S.

This Is Sportscenter - Spelling Bee

. -Ktoyou

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

St. Louis was right to not mortgage the future by not signing him. Even so, they did offer him 200 million but that wasn't enough for Albert.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

St. Louis was right to not mortgage the future by not signing him. Even so, they did offer him 200 million but that wasn't enough for Albert.
    He felt "disrespected" right? I wish an employer would "disrespect' me by offering me a $200 million contract.

. -Ktoyou

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He felt "disrespected" right? I wish an employer would "disrespect' me by offering me a $200 million contract.
    I'd be happy being disrespected like that even half as much.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard the rumors too. how can we "know" when a person is not born here and documented ? whatever the case may be, Pujols never tested positive for "steroids" and commands that salary by the NUMBERS. He left primarily because his wife has family in California, rumor. Regardless, he left a city that gave him the opportunity, he will not enter the hall as a Cardinal, unless he "decides", and that's a shame.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pujols' decline is startling. Here are his seasonal averages. A 51 point drop in batting average, an 85 point drop in on-base percentage, and a 130 point drop is slugging percentage. Wow.

Albert Pujols
    2001-10: 156 G, .331/.426/.624, 172 OPS+, 41 HR, 123 RBI, 119 R, 43 doubles, 91 BB, 65 K, 358 TB
    2011-15: 140 G, .280/.341/.494, 133 OPS+, 28 HR, 93 RBI, 82 R, 35 doubles, 50 BB, 65 K, 273 TB

. -Ktoyou

Thread Information