Thread: MLB - 2017

Over 1000 post club Mocking You's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    His heel was trying to swing to his left but it hit the ground and it tripped him up.
    If so, that's bad mechanics.
    "Anarchy is better than no government at all."

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this year the Chicago Cubs do something?
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
    . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They might go .500

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone was up in arms about the handling of Kris Bryant being sent to the minor leagues.

http://nypost.com/2015/04/08/the-kri...-postponement/

LOL!
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

. -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone was up in arms about the handling of Kris Bryant being sent to the minor leagues.

http://nypost.com/2015/04/08/the-kri...-postponement/

LOL!
    Sending him to the minor leagues in exchange for another year of contract control was a no-brainer. Who is surprised the Cubs did this?

He'll be in the majors sometime in June or before the AS break.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mocking You View Post
    Sending him to the minor leagues in exchange for another year of contract control was a no-brainer. Who is surprised the Cubs did this?

He'll be in the majors sometime in June or before the AS break.
    Actually Bryant only needs to spend 12 days at AAA then his free agency year is pushed by one year.

. -Ktoyou

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    Was it the strike in 1994 that turned you away from the game?
    Bingo!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,548 Times in 5,536 Posts

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes....again...

Saint John W

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually Bryant only needs to spend 12 days at AAA then his free agency year is pushed by one year.
    Yes, I know that. But the Cubs are not going to bring him up on day 13, it would be too obvious and would likely anger Bryant. They'll wait for an injury and then bring him up (assuming he does well at AAA.)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,577 Times in 10,926 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes, I know that. But the Cubs are not going to bring him up on day 13, it would be too obvious and would likely anger Bryant. They'll wait for an injury and then bring him up (assuming he does well at AAA.)
    Kobe ? lol - i think if they changed the name it may help. i know about the history and tradition, but really - "Cubs" ? it's like pups, kittens, chicks, ducklings, hatchlings. why not Babies ? "introducing YOUR CUBBIES ! ! ! sure, it's a big league uniform, but it has a cub on it. there must be a better name, any suggestions ? Beuhler ! anyone ? how about "Sausage Kings of Chicago" -
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

11. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

Mark M (March 4th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would it anger Bryant? He has already stated publicly that though he is disappointed he'll use this as motivation. Plus the Cubs need him. He is already one of their best players. It makes no sense to wait two months to promote him.

. -Ktoyou

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

. He is already one of their best players.
    He has zero major league ABs and he's one of their best players? Put down the Kool-Aid!

It makes no sense to wait two months to promote him.
    OK, who are they going to release/send to minors/cut to make from for Mr. Bryant on Day 13?

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has zero major league ABs and he's one of their best players? Put down the Kool-Aid!
    There are these things called "scouting reports" and "statistics". You really believe Bryant is not one of the Cubs' best players? Last year at AA and AAA combined Bryant hit:

.325/.438/.661, 43 HR, 110 RBI, 118 R, 34 doubles, 16 SB, 86 BB.

Bryant is currently rated as the #1 minor league prospect in all of baseball by Baseball America, Keith Law, John Sickels, and Fangraphs. MLB.com ranks Bryant are the #2 prospect, and Baseball Prospectus ranks Bryant #5.

In spring training Bryant was hitting 12-for-25, 2 2B, 8 HR, 10 R, 14 RBI and a slash line of .480/.552/1.520 through March 21. Yes, eight of his 12 hits were home runs.

By traditional scouting, minor league performance, and spring training performance Bryant is obviously ready to be the Cubs starting third baseman. Instead the Cubs currently have Mike Olt starting at third base. Who is Mike Olt? He is a 26 year old journeyman who has hit .156/.245/.328 for his CAREER. Unless you think Bryant can't hit higher than .156 he should be the Cubs starting third baseman.

OK, who are they going to release/send to minors/cut to make from for Mr. Bryant on Day 13?
    I have no idea. I don't follow the Cubs that closely. Maybe they don't recall Bryant on day 13. But they certainly will not wait until June to do so. Bryant is not yet on the Cubs' 40-man roster so hey would have to remove someone for the 40-man roster.

. -Ktoyou

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know all about Bryant's stats and his accolades. The fact is he doesn't have an MLB at bat. Therefore, by definition, he's not "one of their best players".

Byron Buxton is the Twins' top prospect. He was Baseball America's #1 prospect 2 years in a row. He does not have an MLB at bat. He is not one of their best players.

BTW, Bryant is batting .125 in AAA Iowa. Should be be called up?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,577 Times in 10,926 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

the Mendoza line
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

17. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

Mark M (March 4th, 2016)

Thread Information