User Tag List

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
Results 166 to 170 of 170

Thread: Christians Hand Out Cupcakes

  1. #166
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,505
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shagster01 View Post
    How so? It's not my message. I'm simply there to play my guitar for money.

    would you play, for money, at a nambla convention?

  2. #167
    Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    20,725
    Thanks
    1,182
    Thanked 13,385 Times in 10,249 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147886
    Quote Originally Posted by shagster01 View Post
    It's not on me. I'm repeating what I've been told by Christians on this board. I personally don't believe in sin.
    You claim the Bible calls it a sin. It is on you to prove that to be true.

    Here are my reasons why I think you all do think it's a sin. . .

    1. In another thread when this was brought up several Christians jumped all over me for saying that Jesus made wine for people that had already had to much to drink. They said that would make Jesus a sinner. If being drunk is not a sin, how would it make Jesus a sinner?

    2. Many of you Christians keep adamantly battling the possibility that anyone at this wedding was drunk, even though it is the logical conclusion from what the host said. If being drunk is not a sin, why is it not a possibility that they were drunk at this wedding? And why are you fighting that notion so hard? If it's not a sin, it's completely possible that Jesus took part.
    Not the issue.

    There are warnings against drunkenness, sure. Primarily because of what can happen when one is drunk and thereby their judgment and reaction time is impaired. But there are no actual prohibitions that would define the drunkenness itself as sin.

    And your argument that the wedding guests were already drunk is an argument from silence. The comment was made that the best wine is usually served first, but this wine was better than any of the wine previously served at this wedding. There was no mention that anyone was actually drunk. Definitely not to the point that God warns against.

    Quote Originally Posted by TracerBullet View Post
    Freedom of religion does not grant anyone the special right to discriminate.
    Yes it does.

    You are the one with the problem understanding the concept of fulfillment. Jesus fulfilled the law and established a new covenant. The law is fulfilled, all of it - not some of it, not this part and that part, all of it.
    You seem to be the one with the comprehension problem, as Jesus specifically stated that He did not come to abolish the law: “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.”

    Your baker sells cakes. He doesn't get to say I'll sell anyone a cake...except black people. He doesn't get to discriminate against black people even if he claims it's against his religion to celebrate the black lifestyle.
    Why not?

    You can believe what you want but your belief doesn't give you or anyone the right to discriminate against a minority.
    Yes it does.

    You can be as homophobic as you want but that doesn't give you or anyone the right to discriminate.
    Actually the right to discriminate goes beyond the reason you do so.

    Just remember this: just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean it's right to do that thing.

    If someone directed the vile statement you posted at you and your family you wouldn't pretend for one second that it was anything but hate
    Psalm 5:4-9, Psalm 139:19-22

    I'm not denying that it's hate. Your problem is that you don't understand that love can exist in spite of that hatred: Romans 5:8.

    Quote Originally Posted by TracerBullet View Post
    Minorities are minorities even if you don't want them to be and they are protected by the constitution whether you like it or not.
    Homosexual is not a race. And the protection of minorities extant within the law is not the issue. The issue is whether or not they need someone else to protect them. They don't. They are perfectly capable of standing up for themselves and making sure those who discriminate without a valid reason suffer the consequences of their actions.

    The fact that you think they need the government to come in and punish bigots with special laws makes you a bigot.


  3. #168
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,505
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    the hapless traci, lacking any degree of critical discernment, inadvertently makes the case for societal acceptance of pedophilia:
    Quote Originally Posted by TracerBullet View Post
    Minorities are minorities even if you don't want them to be and they are protected by the constitution whether you like it or not.


    traci the tard

  4. #169
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,505
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
    It's not okay to be a bigot.
    big·ot

    noun: bigot; plural noun: bigots

    a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.
    anna holds the opinion that being gay is ok

    stripe (and God and me...) holds the opinion that being gay is not ok

    anna is intolerant to stripe's (and God's and mine) different opinion

    that makes anna a ..........................



  5. #170
    Over 750 post club Dialogos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    770
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 32 Times in 14 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    457385
    Quote Originally Posted by TracerBullet View Post
    No one is being forced to participate in any ceremony and it's a blatant lie to say otherwise.
    Wrong again.

    A baker participates in a wedding ceremony to the extent that he or she lends their artistry and craft to the act of making the cake.

    But lets just see where you really stand on these issues.

    Do you think that a pastor should be able to refuse to marry two men because it violates his faith?

    Quote Originally Posted by TB
    Freedom of religion does not grant anyone the special right to discriminate.
    Not even pastors of denominations that consider same sex marriage sinful?



    Quote Originally Posted by TB
    You are the one with the problem understanding the concept of fulfillment. Jesus fulfilled the law and established a new covenant. The law is fulfilled, all of it - not some of it, not this part and that part, all of it.
    Which means what in your opinion? That all things that were once prohibited in the OT are not permissible in the NT?

    Like murder, adultery, having sex with your parents?

    Would arguing that these are still sinful be "cherry picking?"

    Quote Originally Posted by TB
    Doesn't' change the fact that your analogy is incredibly stupid.
    I'll let you know when your opinion matters.




    Quote Originally Posted by TB
    Repeating something stupid doesn't make it any less stupid.
    This must be something you learned from years of practice...

    Quote Originally Posted by TB
    Your deli owner doesn't sell bacon to anyone. He doesn't sell bacon to some people but not to others.
    Why is this?

    Answer: Because to do so would violate his faith.

    So why doesn't a baker sell same sex wedding cakes?

    Answer: because to do so would violate his faith.

    Quote Originally Posted by TB
    Your baker sells cakes. He doesn't get to say I'll sell anyone a cake...except black people.
    And the baker sells and has sold cakes, birthday cakes, cup cakes, etc... to homosexuals without raising a stink, but he doesn't sell same sex wedding cakes to anyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by TB
    He doesn't get to discriminate against black people even if he claims it's against his religion to celebrate the black lifestyle.
    Now who's talking stupid.

    There is no "black lifestyle."

    A first generation immigrant from Kenya does not share a "lifestyle" with a 5th generation black american woman from southern California whose family tree goes back to immigrants from Jamaica.

    Color does not equal lifestyle and it is ignorant to believe that it does


    Quote Originally Posted by TB
    You can believe what you want but your belief doesn't give you or anyone the right to discriminate against a minority. Wanting to legitimize such discrimination is an act of hate no matter what excuse you use to justify it.
    In your view, does a pastor's belief that same sex marriage is sinful give him the right to refuse to officiate a same sex wedding?
    αξιον εστιν το αρνιον
    Worthy is the Lamb

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us