User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 96

Thread: Did God place Adam in the garden for him to fail?

  1. #46
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,987
    Thanks
    135
    Thanked 620 Times in 564 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    86149
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    God placed Adam in the garden for fellowship.
    What kind of fellowship do you suppose that could possibly be since Adam was finite? Perhaps you think God would simply show up with gifts for all the kids birthday parties?

    Why not consider that God had in mind to bring Adam to a point in righteousness that He coud receive the Whole Godhead by imputation? I believe that was the pleasure God had in mind __ and performed/accomplished it in the second Adam, Jesus Christ.

  2. #47
    LIFETIME MEMBER Bright Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Calfornia
    Posts
    7,749
    Thanks
    229
    Thanked 2,861 Times in 1,848 Posts

    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2087211
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    What kind of fellowship do you suppose that could possibly be since Adam was finite? Perhaps you think God would simply show up with gifts for all the kids birthday parties?
    Then why did God create man in the first place? Think about it.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

    Jim Elliot

  3. #48
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,987
    Thanks
    135
    Thanked 620 Times in 564 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    86149
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    Then why did God create man in the first place? Think about it.
    Re-read my post. I edited it.

  4. #49
    Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    20,720
    Thanks
    1,174
    Thanked 13,247 Times in 10,132 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147867
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    He didn't say God wasn't "within time" but rather God was not subject to it.
    His intended meaning was the same and I only sought to clarify.

    He didn't say that either.
    Yes he did.

    Why not stay with what he did say?
    How about you learn to read?


  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

    LoneStar (April 23rd, 2016)

  6. #50
    Over 500 post club Word based mystic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    atlanta/loganville, georgia
    Posts
    713
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2313
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    What kind of fellowship do you suppose that could possibly be since Adam was finite? Perhaps you think God would simply show up with gifts for all the kids birthday parties?

    Why not consider that God had in mind to bring Adam to a point in righteousness that He coud receive the Whole Godhead by imputation? I believe that was the pleasure God had in mind __ and performed/accomplished it in the second Adam, Jesus Christ.
    ephesians 3:19 which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

    exactly

  7. #51
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,987
    Thanks
    135
    Thanked 620 Times in 564 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    86149
    Quote Originally Posted by Word based mystic View Post
    ephesians 3:19 which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

    exactly
    Yes! That's it!

    Do you think any Sunday afternoon chicken dinner social Christian will make the cut?

  8. #52
    Over 500 post club Word based mystic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    atlanta/loganville, georgia
    Posts
    713
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2313
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    Yes! That's it!

    Do you think any Sunday afternoon chicken dinner social Christian will make the cut?
    I first experienced Christ at 15. without denomination or a teacher.

    just the bible and a book by hal lindsey that directed me to the bible.

    I began in a disciples of Christ church going to a youth group.
    someone my age discipled me.

    It was sad but the adult leaders of the group and elders knew less of the bible then my friend that discipled me.

    It took me another 5 years while in the navy to have a fuller experience with the Holy Spirit. Thus i took seriously
    Ephesians 5:18
    And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit,

    consciously putting aside my fleshly, carnal concerns so that I may be yielded to Being led with the Spirit and put on the mind of Christ seriously.

    It took another 15 years to get a fuller understanding of what you are discussing and trying to point out here.

    That it is Gods substance/His Spirit within a man that the Father is only satisfied with.
    Only when We are fully mature in Love then God will Fill us with (all) the (fullness) of God.

    and that that is the main objective He has for His children.

  9. #53
    Over 500 post club Word based mystic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    atlanta/loganville, georgia
    Posts
    713
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2313
    How nice it would have been if I would have been able to find an elder with much understanding that could have begun my walk with this basic and main theme.

    But it worked out as God nudged me slowly over the years to get a better grasp of the Love and the desire to Have Him possess us.

    In the late 70's and early 80's there were few elders in the many churches i visited or fellowshipped with while in the navy.
    Or maybe i wasn't looking.
    most elders i notice that are humble and knowledgeable are not self promoting.

    CR thanks for the direction in these threads...

  10. #54
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,987
    Thanks
    135
    Thanked 620 Times in 564 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    86149
    Quote Originally Posted by Word based mystic View Post
    I first experienced Christ at 15. without denomination or a teacher.

    just the bible and a book by hal lindsey that directed me to the bible.

    I began in a disciples of Christ church going to a youth group.
    someone my age discipled me.

    It was sad but the adult leaders of the group and elders knew less of the bible then my friend that discipled me.

    It took me another 5 years while in the navy to have a fuller experience with the Holy Spirit. Thus i took seriously
    Ephesians 5:18
    And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit,

    consciously putting aside my fleshly, carnal concerns so that I may be yielded to Being led with the Spirit and put on the mind of Christ seriously.

    It took another 15 years to get a fuller understanding of what you are discussing and trying to point out here.

    That it is Gods substance/His Spirit within a man that the Father is only satisfied with.
    Only when We are fully mature in Love then God will Fill us with (all) the (fullness) of God.

    and that that is the main objective He has for His children.
    Amen, my Brother, Amen. Thank you.

    Navy, you say? What years of your life and where?

  11. #55
    Over 500 post club Word based mystic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    atlanta/loganville, georgia
    Posts
    713
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2313
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    Amen, my Brother, Amen. Thank you.

    Navy, you say? What years of your life and where?
    1981-1985

    hospital corpsman
    then specializes as a psychiatric technician.

    san diego
    buford s.c.
    charelston s.c.

    some of my most adventurous times and miraculous interventions by God while in the military.

  12. #56
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,987
    Thanks
    135
    Thanked 620 Times in 564 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    86149
    Quote Originally Posted by Word based mystic View Post
    1981-1985

    hospital corpsman
    then specializes as a psychiatric technician.

    san diego
    buford s.c.
    charelston s.c.

    some of my most adventurous times and miraculous interventions by God while in the military.
    I was twenty years before you in Long Beach, Ca.

    I see you are in Loganvile , ga.

    I was through there in December, if loganville is near Columbus.

  13. #57
    Over 500 post club Word based mystic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    atlanta/loganville, georgia
    Posts
    713
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2313
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    I was twenty years before you in Long Beach, Ca.

    I see you are in Loganvile , ga.

    I was through there in December, if loganville is near Columbus.
    you were in military in much harsher times.. Thanks for service.

    I ended up in atlanta area after navy.

    loganville is close to athens ga. halfway between athens and atlanta.

    my friend here works close with ywam missions. and wycliff translators
    puts together solar based back packs for missionaries, audio video systems for up to 1000 people to see the jesus film.
    I am addicted to the 2 week support mission trips. heidi baker is our next teams trip in mozambique.

  14. #58
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,987
    Thanks
    135
    Thanked 620 Times in 564 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    86149
    Quote Originally Posted by Word based mystic View Post
    you were in military in much harsher times.. Thanks for service.

    I ended up in atlanta area after navy.

    loganville is close to athens ga. halfway between athens and atlanta.

    my friend here works close with ywam missions. and wycliff translators
    puts together solar based back packs for missionaries, audio video systems for up to 1000 people to see the jesus film.
    I am addicted to the 2 week support mission trips. heidi baker is our next teams trip in mozambique.

    WoW! That's great!

    Re Loganville. I knew saw the sign but on my way back through Atlanta to Augusta on Rt 20.

  15. #59
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,987
    Thanks
    135
    Thanked 620 Times in 564 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    86149
    So the question remains: Do you believe God placed Adam in the garden for him to fail? Many believe He did just so Jesus could redeem mankind. Some actually believe that themselves an a few others were the only ones meant to be redeemed. How do they figure it that way?

  16. #60
    Journeyman Ardima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Miami FL
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    824
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Where is the Scripture that states God is not within time?

    Where is the Scripture stating time is a creation?
    Try the very first verse of the Bible.

    (Genesis 1:1) In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

    Here we have all three components that make up the universe; time, space, and matter. "In the beginning (time) God created the heavens (space) and the earth." (matter)

    Without space and matter there would be no beginning; for time can only exist as long as matter exists. Therefore, time started at the beginning of creation. Notice also that it says in the beginning not a beginning.... In a way you could say that time is a relative byproduct of matter.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us