Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2229303132

Thread: A Question for Open Theists

Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    If there's ice cram in my freezer it's not right in front of my face, unless I open the freezer.
    Logically, what if you're standing in your freezer?

I did. Couldn't find it.
    Logically, this shows the limits of not only your knowledge, but your ability to research the truth of a matter.

I never said He wasn't responsible.
    "Technically" you did (see yellow highlight):

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I [am] the LORD. [Exo 12:12 KJV]

The first-born all died. Did God "kill" them or not? If so, then God sometimes kills those that "don't deserve it". If not, who was Moses erroneously quoting under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit?
    Technically the angel killed them. But they deserved it.

You were assuming that I presumed all were guilty, from the moment of birth, of a capital offense.
    See green highlight above.

Between the two of the above highlights in your quote, you either took issue with God's responsibility or you presumed they all deserved their fate ("guilty of a capital offense" is your current phraseology), or both. But in whichever is the case, you are being inconsistent and speaking against your own position ("talking in circles" was my previous phraseology). In other words, you are being illogical.

Did you forget the rest of the conversation? I am mostly incapable of being illogical as a result of my Asperger's.
    Nope, didn't forget. I was hoping against hope, I suppose, that you were heading a different direction, as any human who claims logic as a super power is going to be hard to come to consensus with. On anything. Ever. But you've spelled it out pretty clearly.

Fortunately, you have allowed an out for yourself by using the "mostly" caveat. So the following verses only "mostly" apply to you.
    Proverbs 25:14 Whoever boasts himself of a false gift is like clouds and wind without rain.
    Proverbs 26:12 See you a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.
    Isaiah 5:21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes And clever in their own sight!

And I want to tell you how honored I am to have been the recipient of all the illogic you've been saving up for the last few months, just to use it on replying to ME!

Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,247 Times in 10,132 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logically, what if you're standing in your freezer?
    There's a McDonald's down the street; it's not in front of my face.

Logically, this shows the limits of not only your knowledge, but your ability to research the truth of a matter.
    I don't think you know the meaning of the word "logically."

"Technically" you did (see yellow highlight):
    Who commanded the angel?

See green highlight above.
    You're still assuming. I already told you that I was referring to adults.

Between the two of the above highlights in your quote, you either took issue with God's responsibility or you presumed they all deserved their fate ("guilty of a capital offense" is your current phraseology), or both. But in whichever is the case, you are being inconsistent and speaking against your own position ("talking in circles" was my previous phraseology). In other words, you are being illogical.
    No, I'm being intentionally obstinate. Because your willful ignorance deserves it.

Nope, didn't forget. I was hoping against hope, I suppose, that you were heading a different direction, as any human who claims logic as a super power is going to be hard to come to consensus with. On anything. Ever. But you've spelled it out pretty clearly.
    Super power? Are you a liberal? That would explain the stupidity.

Fortunately, you have allowed an out for yourself by using the "mostly" caveat. So the following verses only "mostly" apply to you.
    Proverbs 25:14 Whoever boasts himself of a false gift is like clouds and wind without rain.
    Proverbs 26:12 See you a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.
    Isaiah 5:21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes And clever in their own sight!

And I want to tell you how honored I am to have been the recipient of all the illogic you've been saving up for the last few months, just to use it on replying to ME!
    I'm not boasting about anything. And, as I stated above, I'm intentionally being annoying.
    Last edited by Lighthouse; May 21st, 2017 at 05:17 PM.

Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not boasting about anything. And,as I stated above, I'm intentionally being annoying.
    Fine. Be annoying on your own time, if you have nothing more to say that's useful, which I'd already concluded.

Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,247 Times in 10,132 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fine. Be annoying on your own time, if you have nothing more to say that's useful, which I'd already concluded.
    This is my own time. And you're not worth valid discussion, because you won't listen.

Thread Information