Crow's Pick 7-1-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

POTD Brellix! :first:

Originally posted by Brellix

Ignorance is a word that is very often misused. If a person is ignorant in a certain subject, it means that they have no knowledge of it.

However, there is another word that should be used more readily. The word that I am referring to is "stupidity". Stupidity can be equated to a person who knows better but refuses to accept truth out of the desire to further a political agenda, defend an immoral lifestyle, or perhaps just to be stubborn.

So, to further elaborate the point, When a person's "beliefs" are in support of practicing that which God deems immoral, that person is not ignorant. However, that person is stupid. Going against factual truth on the basis of a personal belief demonstrates the utmost in stupidity and a total disregard for the consequences of immorality.

I could convince myself that the sky was red if I tried hard enough or if I took a hallucinatory drug. Would that mean that I was ignorant? Of course not, but I would be demonstrating a wealth of stupidity and a disregard for a known truth.

Ignorance vs. Stupidity

Ignorance:

person #1: But, I don't believe in God.

person # 2: Look at the world around you, isn't it obvious that He exists.

person # 1: Well, yes but I'll have to change the way I live if I acknowledge Him. Not to mention, I'll probably lose alot of friends too.

person # 2: True, but do you not understand that Jesus gave His life so that we all could escape damnation? Did He not make a change in His life for you?

person # 1: Well, I never thought about it that way. I guess I shouldn't be complaining about having to live righteously. When compared to Christ giving His life, making those changes seems easy.

person # 2: I'm glad to see that you understand. Your ignorance of Him has vanished due to your willingness to accept His existence and learn about Him.

Stupidity:

person #1 : But, I don't believe in a God.

person # 2: Look at the world around you, isn't it obvious that He exists.

person #1: Well....whispsers "Yes, but don't tell anyone I said that". I would hate to have to accept that whole repentance thing that comes with believing in Christ.

person #1: I'd have to give up some things too. No, I'm not ready to change my beliefs because I think I still know what's best for me.

person # 2: Ok stupid.

Brellix

Welcome back, Brellix!:wave:

CONTEXT :crow2:

Status
Not open for further replies.