User Tag List

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast Personality Test

Over 3000 post club
    In front of the strange glowing screen of an inexplicable mechanism.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    As Briggs Myers goes this is a breeze of a quick test, taking fewer than twelve minutes even for a slow reader. Four pages of clicks and there you are. Feel free to post the results here.

Me? I'm an ENFP, thank you kindly.

Link to test here.

Breaks down

Extrovert: 71%
    Intuitive: 61%
    Feeling: 29%
    Prospecting: 67%
    Assertive: 54%

Overview:

You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your enthusiasm, optimism and intuitive skills.

Famous ENFPs from celebritytypes.com:

Hunter Thompson, Mark Twain, Oscar Wilde, Kurt Vonnegut, Walt Disney, Anais Nin, Jacques Derrida, George Carlin, Robin Williams, Orson Welles.
    My wife and I are both introverts. Both of us worked in health care and we are very comfortable and skilled at giving our energy to others who are in great need of help due to health problems, end-stage cancer patients and families, AIDs patients, etc.

But to recharge from a busy day, we need to hole up in our living room, turn the shades down and basically relax.

Extroverts are those who feel uncomfortable being alone and need to "charge up" around people.

(STILL trying to set up conservatives and fundamentalists on blind dates with Jesus...)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,706 Times in 4,452 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aikido7 View Post
    My wife and I are both introverts. Both of us worked in health care and we are very comfortable and skilled at giving our energy to others who are in great need of help due to health problems, end-stage cancer patients and families, AIDs patients, etc.

But to recharge from a busy day, we need to hole up in our living room, turn the shades down and basically relax.
    Thanks for the insight. I think you're in line there with some of what anna has been arguing.

Extroverts are those who feel uncomfortable being alone and need to "charge up" around people.
    But you drop the ball here. No, extroverts are charged by the interaction. It doesn't follow that we're uncomfortable without it. I've always spent a good bit of time in contemplation and removed from others and I'm a strong extrovert.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Thanks
    Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,224 Posts

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE IS: ENFP
    VARIANT: ASSERTIVE
    ROLE: You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your enthusiasm, optimism and intuitive skills. Above you will find a brief overview of your personality traits - proceed to the type overview to learn much more about your personality type. Prepare to be impressed.

- MIND -
    Extraverted 33%

- ENERGY -
    Intuitive 28%

- NATURE -
    Feeling 32%

- TACTICS -
    Prospecting 40%

- IDENTITY -
    Assertive 31%
    “To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
    ...If you think of introversion and extroversion as traits which have degrees (more gray) and not types (more black and white), it might be easier if you know that I see them as traits, as sliding scales which have a certain predictability and yet a variability. In that light, you as an extrovert might be more introverted in some areas, or in reaction to some situational variables - and I the reverse. What stimulates you may exhaust me - that is, until I reach my perfect convergence.
    I rather like that.

And when you think of intro- and extroversion as traits, it might be easier to see that while the terms are general guides that they shouldn't be either self-limiting or stereotyped, because humans are just so much more mysterious and complicated than that.
    I agree. That was my point in the "break down in particular application" bit.

The whole idea of self-identity is a huge area of interest for me, and one that I have no doubt will occupy a good, if not major part of my post-grad study.
    Excellent. I hope you share some of it around here. I think it's fascinating.

I guess I'm resistant to seeing these ideas oversimplified in such a way that people are either elevated or dismissed based on terminology that's much more nebulous than it might seem.
    Likewise.

"Harder" implies that introversion is softer, and I'm wondering how you came by that.
    The harder end, the farther end, as opposed to someone who might be just inside the designation. Like hard right or hard left. No one says "he's a soft left winger" by way of.

Maybe it's only funny to the one seated on the throne.

I think that's semantics. Daydreaming about the use of money and power is still daydreaming about money and power.
    No, daydreaming about what being wealthy could allow you to do isn't the same as daydreaming about money, which is why I added the age and scope qualifier as to focus. So the kid might dream of the thrill of fame where the adult might dwell on the impact of it. It's the difference between means and ends.

Maybe, maybe not. It depends. On a purely personal level, I'm much more drawn to quiet power.
    Which makes sense, but marketing is geared toward the greatest numbers bid and it's scaled differently than your preference...or mine, comes to it.

Distinction noted, but still troubling.
    Where I'd say human and wonder why that's troubling.

While I understand your point, I don't agree it's necessarily true in all cases. If I were on a jury I'd already be wary of the person that I knew was there in part to manipulate me and if he seemed too comfortable on center stage, it would almost be a detriment to his winning me over (and I'm aware that's a personality thing, so we've come full circle ).
    Jury consultants will tell you that for most trials the more at ease and personable the lawyer the more likely they are to win the jury, provided the ease doesn't appear studied. Jury trials are almost always matters where the outcome and evidence are far less than certain on the point.

And while every social interaction has a measure of manipulation in it, especially the argumentative sort, I'd suggest that there doesn't have to be the element of insincerity you seem to be assuming on the point. I like people. I found that going with that and interacting with a jury from my inclination made jurors more comfortable and attentive. A win/win for everyone. My ease wasn't a matter of study, as it would have to be with someone who found the center stage and interaction outside of their inclination, habit, preference. I suspect that person would have a harder time with you and with most juries. In fact, that's what tends to happen if someone who isn't inclined makes the attempt.

Regardless of how the party analogy came about, the bolded is the issue.
    Only offered to clarify the set up.

Without assuming any negative intent on your part at all, your speculation just doesn't sit well with me. It implies that an introvert comes here seeking to be more like an extrovert and so by extension, you see extroversion as the good end to be sought after, leaving introversion as something less.
    With respect, that's just not my approach. Rather, finding a lot of introverts involved in a thing that seemed to me much more tailored to an extroverted personality I speculated. It wasn't a thesis or a hard wired position. Only one that appeared, at first blush, to make sense to me.

I can't fault you for the curiosity and surprise and wondering why and what. That's all good. I just balk at being told my why and what.
    Understandable, but I don't think that was ever really my aim.

Pro-Life

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got ISPF or ISFP.. I can't remember what order the letters were in. .. I can't share all the info as I'm on my phone..
    I think I'm hilarious.

Over 3000 post club
    In front of the strange glowing screen of an inexplicable mechanism.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    ...But you drop the ball here....
    It isn't black and white. Everyone is on a continuum.

(STILL trying to set up conservatives and fundamentalists on blind dates with Jesus...)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    INFP

TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,163 Times in 22,338 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old GM is a; ENFJ Just like Ronald Reagan!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Tambora (April 25th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
    Or maybe, since INTP and INTJ are supposed to come up so rarely (according to TH's 2012 thread), it makes them feel rare and unique.
    What?...I'm not?!?!

Personality: INTJ

Variant: Turbulent

Role: Analyst

You are one of the Analysts - a rational and impartial individual who enjoys intellectual pursuits and prizes independence. You are known for your strategic thinking skills, self-confidence and impressive knowledge.
    Destroy another fetus now, we don't like children anyhow, I've seen the future baby......... It is Murder.
    ~Leonard Cohen

“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ~Dalai Lama XIV

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a personality, I do not have to have myself tested to know that.

As long as I am not brain dead, I have a personality
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Pro scripture = Protestant

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    I have a personality, I do not have to have myself tested to know that.

As long as I am not brain dead, I have a personality
    Sure. You don't have to be brain dead to be a spoil sport.
    Total Misanthropy.
    Uncertain salvation.
    Luck of the draw.
    Irresistible damnation.
    Persecution of the saints.

Time is an illusion; lunchtime doubly so.
    (The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

RevTestament: It doesn't matter to me too much that the "New Testament wasn't written in Hebrew.
    Dialogos: Calvin, as a sinner, probably got some things wrong.
    Brandplucked: I'm shocked that other people disagree with me.

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTJ

Variant: Assertive

Roll: Analyst
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

What are my fruits today?

Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

"Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It isn't black and white.
    Which is a strange comment considering your:

...Extroverts are those who feel uncomfortable being alone and need to "charge up" around people.

Pro-Life

Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 Times in 1,924 Posts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Introversion and extroversion are only with regard to how you recharge. For me, being with lots of people is fun, but tiring. My youngest daughter gets energy from all the people around her.

I get re-energized being by myself, reading, tinkering, or writing.

That's all it means. One psychologist recalls how a mother objected to the analysis of her daughter:
    "My daughter is not an introvert. She is a lovely girl!"

In our particular society, solitude isn't valued. But it's the way some of our brightest and most inventive people accomplish what they do. It's like being left-handed (which I am); nothing wrong with it, but it seems to annoy some people.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did any one else get turbulent?

I normally don't take tests like these but I gotta say I really like being called "turbulent"!
    That is so much better than saying "blustery"

Thread Information