Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast Personality Test

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
    What I've always wondered is why this particular personality test is so popular and why people have so much faith in it.
    It's based on Jungian psychology.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,545 Times in 11,738 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mine says this: ESTJ personality

ESTJs are representatives of tradition and order, utilizing their understanding of what is right, wrong and socially acceptable to bring families and communities together. Embracing the values of honesty, dedication and dignity, people with the ESTJ personality type are valued for their clear advice and guidance, and they happily lead the way on difficult paths. Taking pride in bringing people together, ESTJs often take on roles as community organizers, working hard to bring everyone together in celebration of cherished local events, or in defense of the traditional values that hold families and communities together.

Demand for such leadership is high in democratic societies, and forming no less than 11% of the population, it's no wonder that many of America's presidents have been ESTJs. Strong believers in the rule of law and authority that must be earned, ESTJ personalities lead by example, demonstrating dedication and purposeful honesty, and an utter rejection of laziness and cheating, especially in work. If anyone declares hard, manual work to be an excellent way to build character, it is ESTJs.

ESTJs are aware of their surroundings and live in a world of clear, verifiable facts - the surety of their knowledge means that even against heavy resistance, they stick to their principles and push an unclouded vision of what is and is not acceptable. Their opinions aren't just empty talk either, as ESTJs are more than willing to dive into the most challenging projects, improving action plans and sorting details along the way, making even the most complicated tasks seem easy and approachable.

However, ESTJs don't work alone, and they expect their reliability and work ethic to be reciprocated - people with this personality type meet their promises, and if partners or subordinates jeopardize them through incompetence or laziness, or worse still, dishonesty, they do not hesitate to show their wrath. This can earn them a reputation for inflexibility, a trait shared by all Sentinels (SJ), but it's not because ESTJs are arbitrarily stubborn, but because they truly believe that these values are what make society work.

Strengths and weaknesses (I would say the following is quite accurate where i am concerned - yes i admit it even the weaknesses part)

Spoiler
    ESTJ strengths and weaknesses
    ESTJ Strengths

Dedicated - Seeing things to completion borders on an ethical obligation for ESTJs. Tasks aren't simply abandoned because they've become difficult or boring - people with the ESTJ personality type take them up when they are the right thing to do, and they will be finished so long as they remain the right thing to do.
    Strong-willed - A strong will makes this dedication possible, and ESTJs don't give up their beliefs because of simple opposition. ESTJs defend their ideas and principles relentlessly, and must be proven clearly and conclusively wrong for their stance to budge.
    Direct and Honest - ESTJs trust facts far more than abstract ideas or opinions. Straightforward statements and information are king, and ESTJ personalities return the honesty (whether it's wanted or not).
    Loyal, Patient and Reliable - ESTJs work to exemplify truthfulness and reliability, considering stability and security very important. When ESTJs say they'll do something, they keep their word, making them very responsible members of their families, companies and communities.
    Enjoy Creating Order - Chaos makes things unpredictable, and unpredictable things can't be trusted when they are needed most - with this in mind, ESTJs strive to create order and security in their environments by establishing rules, structures and clear roles.
    Excellent Organizers - This commitment to truth and clear standards makes ESTJs capable and confident leaders. People with this personality type have no problem distributing tasks and responsibilities to others fairly and objectively, making them excellent administrators.

ESTJ Weaknesses

Inflexible and Stubborn - The problem with being so fixated on what works is that ESTJs too often dismiss what might work better. Everything is opinion until proven, and ESTJ personalities are reluctant to trust an opinion long enough for it to have that chance.
    Uncomfortable with Unconventional Situations - ESTJs are strong adherents to tradition and when suddenly forced to try unvetted solutions, they become uncomfortable and stressed. New ideas suggest that their methods weren't good enough, and abandoning what has always worked before in favor of something that may yet fail risks their image of reliability.
    Judgmental - ESTJs have strong convictions about what is right, wrong, and socially acceptable. ESTJs' compulsion to create order often extends to all things and everyone, ignoring the possibility that there are two right ways to get things done. ESTJs do not hesitate to let these "deviants" know what they think, considering it their duty to set things right.
    Too Focused on Social Status - ESTJs take pride in the respect of their friends, colleagues and community and while difficult to admit, are very concerned with public opinion. ESTJs (especially Turbulent ones) can get so caught up in meeting others' expectations that they fail to address their own needs.
    Difficult to Relax - This need for respect fosters a need to maintain their dignity, which can make it difficult to cut loose and relax for risk of looking the fool, even in good fun.
    Difficulty Expressing Emotion - This is all evidence of ESTJs' greatest weakness: expressing emotions and feeling empathy. People with the ESTJ personality type get so caught up in the facts and most effective methods that they forget to think of what makes others happy, or of their sensitivity. A detour can be breathtakingly beautiful, a joy for the family, but ESTJs may only see the consequence of arriving at their destination an hour late, hurting their loved ones by rejecting the notion too harshly.[/quote]

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

Tambora (April 25th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 33,157 Times in 16,633 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really get it, but I see I'm "less than one percent of the population". I knew I was weird.

INFJ PERSONALITY

The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As Diplomats (NF), they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is the accompanying Judging (J) trait INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.

INFJs tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while people with this personality type can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their real passion is to get to the heart of the issue so that people need not be rescued at all.

Hey, it's better than one test I took that said I was a Saloon Girl in my last life.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    I was only just saying to AMR that I suspect that introverts likely find anonymous places like TOL appealing, allowing them to step into the shoes of an extrovert without much of what would make them nervous or otherwise uncomfortable on that count.

Though for some reason I'm always surprised by it. I suppose I can't truly understand the introvert. Too alien to my experience. My wife says, "That's right, dear." I don't know what she means by that...

I suspect she's up to no good.
    Suspicious huh? That tells me more than you realize.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,620 Times in 3,874 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Suspicious huh? That tells me more than you realize.
    Did I mention she's an introvert? An INFJ...and you know how they are...
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did I mention she's an introvert? An INFJ...and you know how they are...
    No, you didn't tell me that, and don't make mad faces when you're talking about me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,125 Times in 1,491 Posts

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Personality:
    INTP
    Variant:
    Assertive
    Role:
    Analyst

You are one of the Analysts - a rational and impartial individual who enjoys intellectual pursuits and prizes independence. You are known for your impressive knowledge, ability to juggle multiple concepts and insatiable curiosity. Above you will find a brief overview of your personality traits -

Pretty much the same as it always is. The "Romance" thing pretty much fits. Mrs. B is an ISFJ. Which superficially means, "you two should not reside in the same zip code." But opposites apparently do attract.

All this material asceticism and conflict avoidance support one primary goal - to free up mental resources for more important things. INTPs' creative, vivid imagination make for a surprisingly enthusiastic, passionate, and romantic partner. While INTPs may prioritize their inner world too much, imagining interesting and exciting intimate situations that are never expressed to their partners, they also use this rich inner world to achieve as much as possible in intimacy - they rarely want for ideas.
    Last edited by The Barbarian; November 22nd, 2014 at 11:03 PM.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,125 Times in 1,491 Posts

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Not that I'm saying introverts shouldn't feel better about themselves, but... what do their results on this test really do for them?
    Explains things. Notice "introverted" isn't "shy." It's that one gets recharged from solitude. I love teaching and public speaking. I wanted to be a stand-up comic, but just didn't have the gift to excel at it.

I used to feel guilty about wanting my solitude. Now I understand it's healthy for me. Used to feel guilty about independence, too. But that's who I am. And of course, it also tells me that other people are also doing what's right for them.

Not a bad thing.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,445 Times in 4,211 Posts

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree with your disagreement. At your service.
    Okay, we were talking about your thinking boldness was an unusual descriptive for an introvert. There's a lot of gray in what only seems to be a black and white term, and it's driven by a variety of factors including situational, historical, contextual, psychological, instinctual, stress-related, etc. For example, I'm not given to making scenes, but I've acted outside my natural inclinations on a couple notable occasions when my sons' welfare came before my comfort zone.

In other words, introversion doesn't automatically correlate to a lack of boldness, and one can be an introvert with some areas of extroversion and vice versa.
    Or, more than one of the questions you'll find on the test involves how you relate to large numbers of people and how you feel about it. Considering that only makes sense, which is why I did.
    It doesn't necessarily mean I'd avoid going to a large gathering altogether, although it can, depending. But it could be that if I do go, that I'll get to a point when my brain says "okay, I've had enough" and that's it, I'm done, and that might be a lot sooner than someone else's set point. So then I have to find a quiet place to recharge, or I go home. I feel like that here sometimes too. The place gets too crazy, and I don't want to deal with it.

But who's counting? (supra )
    I did it for your sake, not mine.

I agree, how the extrovert and introvert see a setting should and likely tends to differ.
    I didn't think about the ramifications of how much that might be until I saw "holding court." Too often I've been on the other end of the royal chambers in real life, and when I see "holding court," I think "captive audience."
    Interesting. I think that's unusual. I'd expect a doctor to want to cure cancer or have an astonishing success rate, a singer to imagine himself front and center of a concert, etc.
    You think it's unusual not to daydream about money, power, notoriety? I have to say I'm a little taken aback by that.
    Which may have something to do with being an extrovert. I think it's difficult to be one and not aspire in that particular.
    Do you think only extroverts have drive and ambition? See, that's what I'd mentioned upthread, not wanting to broadbrush extroverts or introverts with particular behavior traits, so I've tried to not speak for all introverts. I don't know how successful I've been. But no, I don't think it works that way at all.

I didn't speak to effectiveness, though I'd expect that to be tied, to some extent, to the ability to connect to an audience and that would be another weakness for the introvert.
    "Another weakness"? I hope I'm wrong, but it seems to me that as an extrovert, you see extroversion as a positive and introversion as a negative.

And introverts don't necessarily have an inability to connect to an audience. It's not necessarily a connection problem at all. That's too black and white.

Attending an introvert pride parade are you?
    Because I wish I had more time to talk about something I find interesting?

Which is sort of moving back toward my point. I think an extrovert can value the monastic and contemplative, but is built to thrive and desire, more frequently, a different environment. And what we are most at ease with and inclined to we will almost always tend to be more likely to excel at, to tie in.
    Your original point was you seeing TOL as a party and wondering why I'd be comfortable here. And when I told you how, you insisted that there was a dissonance between being an introvert and being at a party... almost as if you thought I must not realize what I was doing.
    So keep your candles burning

a.k.a. starchild, starburst, stardust, sweetpea, and dumber than dirt.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,620 Times in 3,874 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
    Okay, we were talking about your thinking boldness was an unusual descriptive for an introvert. There's a lot of gray in what only seems to be a black and white term, and it's driven by a variety of factors including situational, historical, contextual, psychological, instinctual, stress-related, etc. For example, I'm not given to making scenes, but I've acted outside my natural inclinations on a couple notable occasions when my sons' welfare came before my comfort zone.
    I think you touch on my point in "outside my natural inclinations" though.

In other words, introversion doesn't automatically correlate to a lack of boldness, and one can be an introvert with some areas of extroversion and vice versa.
    I don't mean to suggest the designations are absolutes. Left to our own devices how are we? What are our inclinations? As no one has set out the percentages, excluding me, it's hard to really know who is more or less wedded to a particular expression, so any address on the point has to be in the softer and more general sense.

It doesn't necessarily mean I'd avoid going to a large gathering altogether, although it can, depending.
    I shouldn't think it would necessarily, though I'd expect it to indicate that's not your comfort zone, in general. Else you'd have answered that you didn't feel drained after a large group encounter or certainly your approach would differ from someone inherently invigorated by it, etc.

But it could be that if I do go, that I'll get to a point when my brain says "okay, I've had enough" and that's it, I'm done, and that might be a lot sooner than someone else's set point.
    And that would be a marked and entirely understandable difference from someone in the harder end of the extrovert pool, who gains energy from the experience.

So then I have to find a quiet place to recharge, or I go home. I feel like that here sometimes too. The place gets too crazy, and I don't want to deal with it.
    I think that makes perfect sense.

I did it for your sake, not mine.
    Yeah, yeah.

I didn't think about the ramifications of how much that might be until I saw "holding court." Too often I've been on the other end of the royal chambers in real life, and when I see "holding court," I think "captive audience."
    I think that's an interesting perspective, but it's not one native to me. Which is funny when you think about it.

You think it's unusual not to daydream about money, power, notoriety?
    Sort of and depending. Hollywood, novels, television are all speaking to fame, to the potential for greatness in anyone, the chance to change the course of other lives through one means or another. I don't think we're all Walter Mitty, but I suspect there's more than a little of him in most of us who aren't Buddhists. That said, I didn't say daydream about money and power, but about the use of them. And I think what changes over time in most people who live in a way that evolves them is the particular application. So a kid may dream of being a great athlete or rock star or novelist, etc. where the adult imagines beyond that into the point and impact of it.

I have to say I'm a little taken aback by that.
    I would have been too had I seen it the way you did. Hopefully if I did a bad job of communicating it the first time around I've done better with the above.

Do you think only extroverts have drive and ambition?
    No. I'd be surprised if Bill Gates was an extrovert. But I'd bet introversion is an impediment in attaining that sort of power that requires bringing in investment and rallying troops and support.

See, that's what I'd mentioned upthread, not wanting to broadbrush extroverts or introverts with particular behavior traits, so I've tried to not speak for all introverts. I don't know how successful I've been. But no, I don't think it works that way at all.
    I think you're doing fine holding that line. But it's hard for me not to speak in generalities on the topic, even if the problem with generalities is how they have an annoying habit of breaking down in application.

"Another weakness"? I hope I'm wrong, but it seems to me that as an extrovert, you see extroversion as a positive and introversion as a negative.
    Not in general for either, but in the particular application I was speaking to, yes. That is, I think an introvert would be less effective as, say, a motivational speaker, on the whole. I've noticed that the best pastors I've known were extroverts, but many of the best preachers I've heard self described as introverts. I had a conversation with our Presbyterian minister on the point. He's a published and successful author and a great listen, but really has to work at the pastoral part, because it's contrary to his nature, the politics and gatherings in close quarters. He's much more at home in the pulpit and the quiet of his study.

And introverts don't necessarily have an inability to connect to an audience. It's not necessarily a connection problem at all. That's too black and white.
    I don't believe it is entirely. But I'm fairly certain that my enjoyment of center stage gives me an advantage with, say, a jury. That's really an audience and they're going to sense my comfort or interest and respond to that.

Because I wish I had more time to talk about something I find interesting?
    I think you should only make time to talk about things and/or to people you find interesting.

Your original point was you seeing TOL as a party and wondering why I'd be comfortable here.
    No, that was you. I mean you began the party analogy with:
    ... So in that way it still feels like I'm in the proverbial corner at the party, so to speak. And I like it that way.
    And I responded with: "Reasonable enough...and yet you know better and don't communicate exclusively by means that would guarantee that outcome and particular."

Which was my way of noting that you aren't really in a corner out of the general eye on a forum like this, absent PMs and maybe sealed profile pages. None of the regularly posting introverts are.

You responded with:
    ...I know what I just said...
    Which I didn't know what to make of and
    I talk to the person, not over his shoulder at the rest of the partygoers.
    And I noted: And yet you have the conversation at a party. Or, if you only want to talk to a person there are ways to do that. So I think there has to be more to it than that...which is why I initially speculated that this was a good place for introverts to behave more as an extrovert would, absent some of the things that would otherwise be more distracting, like the actual physical presence of a crowd, instead of the knowledge that people would filter by and read at one point or another.

I suppose another way of looking at it would be it's also a good place for an extrovert to have the sort of time to consider and respond in a less immediately demanding environment, to move a bit close to the introverts wheelhouse. I miss out on that a bit, tending to read and respond in the moment. But it's another thought to mull.

And when I told you how, you insisted that there was a dissonance between being an introvert and being at a party...
    It's not the natural place you'd look for someone who finds the experience draining, true enough.

almost as if you thought I must not realize what I was doing.
    No, more curious and a bit surprised to find so many here of the introvert persuasion and wondering aloud why that was and what it meant.

Last edited by Town Heretic; November 23rd, 2014 at 02:03 AM.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Thanks
    Thanked 7,445 Times in 4,211 Posts

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you touch on my point in "outside my natural inclinations" though.
    Maybe, but my overall point is one that's common in psychology: "it depends."

Speaking of natural inclinations, mine would be to wander away at this point because in weighing the hugeness of the subject (there's a whole branch of psychology dedicated to the study of personality) against the difficulty in distilling it down for this conversation while a mere student myself, I'd be inclined to stop while I'm still ahead. (And do I think you'll lock on that last part? Yes. )

So I'll try to address your comments but aggregate them a bit to simplify, hopefully without losing their general direction.

Personality traits tend to be consistent more or less throughout life, rather evenly influenced by both nature and nurture (environment) but they change and evolve and can be reactive to all sorts of influences, too many to list in a short conversation like this.

If you think of introversion and extroversion as traits which have degrees (more gray) and not types (more black and white), it might be easier if you know that I see them as traits, as sliding scales which have a certain predictability and yet a variability. In that light, you as an extrovert might be more introverted in some areas, or in reaction to some situational variables - and I the reverse. What stimulates you may exhaust me - that is, until I reach my perfect convergence.

And when you think of intro- and extroversion as traits, it might be easier to see that while the terms are general guides that they shouldn't be either self-limiting or stereotyped, because humans are just so much more mysterious and complicated than that. The whole idea of self-identity is a huge area of interest for me, and one that I have no doubt will occupy a good, if not major part of my post-grad study. I guess I'm resistant to seeing these ideas oversimplified in such a way that people are either elevated or dismissed based on terminology that's much more nebulous than it might seem.

And that would be a marked and entirely understandable difference from someone in the harder end of the extrovert pool, who gains energy from the experience.
    "Harder" implies that introversion is softer, and I'm wondering how you came by that.

I think that's an interesting perspective, but it's not one native to me. Which is funny when you think about it.
    Maybe it's only funny to the one seated on the throne.

Sort of and depending. Hollywood, novels, television are all speaking to fame, to the potential for greatness in anyone, the chance to change the course of other lives through one means or another. I don't think we're all Walter Mitty, but I suspect there's more than a little of him in most of us who aren't Buddhists. That said, I didn't say daydream about money and power, but about the use of them. And I think what changes over time in most people who live in a way that evolves them is the particular application. So a kid may dream of being a great athlete or rock star or novelist, etc. where the adult imagines beyond that into the point and impact of it.
    I think that's semantics. Daydreaming about the use of money and power is still daydreaming about money and power. And I'm not knocking it, it just piqued my interest. People do change over time, I do agree with that, and their traits, while basically stable, are still on that sliding bipolar scale and can change in both the macro (life in general generates changes in us as we react to it) and the micro (situational, developmental, etc. where we're changed by various factors, but we can also exert some control over environment).

No. I'd be surprised if Bill Gates was an extrovert. But I'd bet introversion is an impediment in attaining that sort of power that requires bringing in investment and rallying troops and support.
    Maybe, maybe not. It depends. On a purely personal level, I'm much more drawn to quiet power.

I think you're doing fine holding that line. But it's hard for me not to speak in generalities on the topic, even if the problem with generalities is how they have an annoying habit of breaking down in application.
    That's the nature of the psychology beast, I think.

Not in general for either, but in the particular application I was speaking to, yes. That is, I think an introvert would be less effective as, say, a motivational speaker, on the whole. I've noticed that the best pastors I've known were extroverts, but many of the best preachers I've heard self described as introverts. I had a conversation with our Presbyterian minister on the point. He's a published and successful author and a great listen, but really has to work at the pastoral part, because it's contrary to his nature, the politics and gatherings in close quarters. He's much more at home in the pulpit and the quiet of his study.
    Distinction noted, but still troubling.

I don't believe it is entirely. But I'm fairly certain that my enjoyment of center stage gives me an advantage with, say, a jury. That's really an audience and they're going to sense my comfort or interest and respond to that.
    While I understand your point, I don't agree it's necessarily true in all cases. If I were on a jury I'd already be wary of the person that I knew was there in part to manipulate me and if he seemed too comfortable on center stage, it would almost be a detriment to his winning me over (and I'm aware that's a personality thing, so we've come full circle ).

No, that was you. I mean you began the party analogy with:

And I responded with: "Reasonable enough...and yet you know better and don't communicate exclusively by means that would guarantee that outcome and particular."

Which was my way of noting that you aren't really in a corner out of the general eye on a forum like this, absent PMs and maybe sealed profile pages. None of the regularly posting introverts are.

You responded with:

Which I didn't know what to make of and

And I noted: And yet you have the conversation at a party. Or, if you only want to talk to a person there are ways to do that. So I think there has to be more to it than that...which is why I initially speculated that this was a good place for introverts to behave more as an extrovert would, absent some of the things that would otherwise be more distracting, like the actual physical presence of a crowd, instead of the knowledge that people would filter by and read at one point or another.
    Regardless of how the party analogy came about, the bolded is the issue. Without assuming any negative intent on your part at all, your speculation just doesn't sit well with me. It implies that an introvert comes here seeking to be more like an extrovert and so by extension, you see extroversion as the good end to be sought after, leaving introversion as something less.

No, more curious and a bit surprised to find so many here of the introvert persuasion and wondering aloud why that was and what it meant.
    I can't fault you for the curiosity and surprise and wondering why and what. That's all good. I just balk at being told my why and what.
    Last edited by annabenedetti; November 23rd, 2014 at 08:04 AM.
    So keep your candles burning

a.k.a. starchild, starburst, stardust, sweetpea, and dumber than dirt.

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or maybe people are just having a little fun taking them.

In any event, I guess I don't get around much, I don't read enough blogs where the subject's come up to have a good idea of what's being said out there.

I'll take a look at the TED talk later, I'm supposed to be writing a paper when I'm not procrastinating in here. (Is procrastination a character trait?) But speaking as a self-identified introvert-type person, a lack of appreciation (lack of public appreciation anyway) isn't a driving force for me at all - the less attention, the better. Personal relationships are different, but then I wouldn't be sharing that publicly anyway.
    Apparently I am INTP, assertive, along with Socrates, Rene Descartes, Blaise Pascal, Isaac Newton, Carl Jung, Albert Einstein, James Madison, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Gerald Ford.

If only I also shared their genius...
    We wunt be druv.

Self appointed representative of the reality based community. [Send complaints to /dev/null.]

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As Briggs Myers goes this is a breeze of a quick test, taking fewer than twelve minutes even for a slow reader. Four pages of clicks and there you are. Feel free to post the results here.

Me? I'm an ENFP, thank you kindly.

Link to test here.

Breaks down

Extrovert: 71%
    Intuitive: 61%
    Feeling: 29%
    Prospecting: 67%
    Assertive: 54%

Overview:

You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your enthusiasm, optimism and intuitive skills.

Famous ENFPs from celebritytypes.com:

Hunter Thompson, Mark Twain, Oscar Wilde, Kurt Vonnegut, Walt Disney, Anais Nin, Jacques Derrida, George Carlin, Robin Williams, Orson Welles.
    Mine is INTP, (see link for description) which is no surprise to me as I have done this kind of test occasionally before.

However, on 3 out of the 5 marked categories I was close to borderline, which means that I am more poised than average and can see both points of view.
    Rather, it is that I find that often the question is badly posed, requiring a choice between 2 things where both are correct. It means that I can just reconcile within myself otherwise opposing points of view because I am able to create a new synthesis that goes beyond most people's way of categorising.
    A simple example is that if you ask (as per one of the questions) whether I think judgement or mercy is more important, it is not that I am evenly divided over the question but rather I see both judgement and mercy as the same thing. It's perhaps what I might dare to call 'redeemed' thinking.
    The summary lists three kinds of personality within INTP: philosopher, architect and dreamy professor. Mine is architect.
    Last edited by Desert Reign; November 24th, 2014 at 07:16 PM.
    Total Misanthropy.
    Uncertain salvation.
    Luck of the draw.
    Irresistible damnation.
    Persecution of the saints.

Time is an illusion; lunchtime doubly so.
    (The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

RevTestament: It doesn't matter to me too much that the "New Testament wasn't written in Hebrew.
    Dialogos: Calvin, as a sinner, probably got some things wrong.
    Brandplucked: I'm shocked that other people disagree with me.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Reign View Post
    Mine is INTP, (see link for description) which is no surprise to me as I have done this kind of test occasionally before.

However, on 3 out of the 5 marked categories I was close to borderline, which means that I am more poised than average and can see both points of view.
    Poised? Aahh, yes, I thought I've seen you poised here before... It's kind of like a military position...

Rather, it is that I find that often the question is badly posed, requiring a choice between 2 things where both are correct. It means that I can just reconcile within myself otherwise opposing points of vew because I am able to create a new synthesis that goes beyond most people's way of categorising.
    I don't know what that means...?

A simple example is that if you ask (as per one of the questions) whether I think judgement or mercy is more important, it is not that I am evenly divided over the question but rather I see both judgement and mercy as the same thing. It's perhaps what I might dare to call 'redeemed' thinking.
    DR, what does that mean? I'm trying to understand.

The summary lists three kinds of personality within INTP: philosopher, architect and dreamy professor. Mine is architect.
    Now that does make sense to me

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rainee View Post
    Poised? Aahh, yes, I thought I've seen you poised here before... It's kind of like a military position...

ROFL. Another example of seeing beyond the typical classifications people generally think important. (I'm not suggesting you are a typical person, Rainee. It is just a general comment.)

I am a very gentle person. I so much approve of gentleness that I fight hard and vicious to uphold it...

DR, what does that mean? I'm trying to understand.
    DR means Desert Reign.

Just kidding. I knew what you meant. It means that the question asks you to choose betwen two opposites, judgement and mercy.
    I do not see them as opposites at all. They are highly complementary and both define each other. Without one, the other could not exist. Any choice between the two would be a wrong choice. You must choose both because they are indissolubly part of one another. Any choice that favours one over the other is a wrong choice because it misunderstands the nature of both. Hence a choice for judgement is bound to be a choice for false judgement and a choice for mercy is bound to be a choice for false mercy.

Now that does make sense to me
    I'm a big soft bundle of fluff really. (Just like the cat...)
    Total Misanthropy.
    Uncertain salvation.
    Luck of the draw.
    Irresistible damnation.
    Persecution of the saints.

Time is an illusion; lunchtime doubly so.
    (The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

RevTestament: It doesn't matter to me too much that the "New Testament wasn't written in Hebrew.
    Dialogos: Calvin, as a sinner, probably got some things wrong.
    Brandplucked: I'm shocked that other people disagree with me.

Thread Information