Thanks
    Thanked 7,719 Times in 4,460 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Fast Personality Test

As Briggs Myers goes this is a breeze of a quick test, taking fewer than twelve minutes even for a slow reader. Four pages of clicks and there you are. Feel free to post the results here.

Me? I'm an ENFP, thank you kindly.

Link to test here.

Breaks down

Extrovert: 71%
    Intuitive: 61%
    Feeling: 29%
    Prospecting: 67%
    Assertive: 54%

Overview:

You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your enthusiasm, optimism and intuitive skills.

Famous ENFPs from celebritytypes.com:

Hunter Thompson, Mark Twain, Oscar Wilde, Kurt Vonnegut, Walt Disney, Anais Nin, Jacques Derrida, George Carlin, Robin Williams, Orson Welles.
    Last edited by Town Heretic; November 22nd, 2014 at 11:37 AM.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,001 Times in 4,985 Posts

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time I take a test like this, it comes out INFP.

And that's all I want to share.
    So keep your candles burning

a.k.a. starchild, starburst, stardust, sweetpea, and dumber than dirt.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ENTJ this time.

It's different every time.
    "So as not to exchange one evil for another, this poor land must be saved from the scourge of friend and foe alike." - Friedrich Schiller

Posting ability officially rated "pretty good" by Delmar.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    INFP

Previously INTJ (years ago)

You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your poetic nature, intuitive skills and pure, childlike enthusiasm.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,424 Times in 11,255 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

INFP, but I'm better at it than the two above me. I say that because I think such personality tests are hokum.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I've always wondered is why this particular personality test is so popular and why people have so much faith in it.

I even wonder if maybe part of its original purpose was to help "introverts" (as though introversion vs. extroversion really were such a binary matter) feel better about themselves. Not that I'm saying introverts shouldn't feel better about themselves, but... what do their results on this test really do for them?
    "So as not to exchange one evil for another, this poor land must be saved from the scourge of friend and foe alike." - Friedrich Schiller

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
    What I've always wondered is why this particular personality test is so popular and why people have so much faith in it.
    I don't know how many people put how much faith in it, actually. I think most understand the limitations of internet tests, but even simplified versions can often give an accurate window on a personality type. The career center at college uses tests like these to help students in planning majors and setting career goals, for example.

I even wonder if maybe part of its original purpose was to help "introverts" (as though introversion vs. extroversion really were such a binary matter) feel better about themselves. Not that I'm saying introverts shouldn't feel better about themselves, but... what does their results on this test really do for them?
    Feel better about what, exactly?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
    I don't know how many people put how much faith in it, actually.
    It just seems, based on my own admittedly limited personal experience, like Meyers-Briggs results are more likely to get posted as though they were some kind of major revelation than results of all other kinds of personality tests put together. In fact, other than DOPE (which may in time come to rival the Meyers-Briggs test, though as of today there's not even a Wikipedia article about it) I can't even think of the names of any other personality tests because they just aren't as frequently a discussion topic.

Which makes it even stranger when a blog entry or whatever else says something like "Hey! Here's a great way to learn more about yourself! I'm an INTJ! Here's what INTJ means!" as though no one had ever heard of this test before... (And it seems like the vast majority of people who do this are either INTJ or INTP according to the test, hence what I said about making introverts feel better - evidently it does something for them in particular!)

In any case, in addition to any older threads that may have been deleted, it's had two other threads devoted to it here at TOL:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=79779
    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=94237

Feel better about what, exactly?
    Lack of appreciation?
    http://www.ted.com/talks/susan_cain_..._of_introverts

Or maybe, since INTP and INTJ are supposed to come up so rarely (according to TH's 2012 thread), it makes them feel rare and unique.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extroverts sometimes ask introverts "what's wrong?" The answer is "let me ponder your question apart from your company." To which the extrovert may say "come on let's hash this out right now, you weirdo "

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It just seems, based on my own admittedly limited personal experience, like Meyers-Briggs results are more likely to get posted as though they were some kind of major revelation than results of all other kinds of personality tests put together. In fact, other than DOPE (which may in time come to rival the Meyers-Briggs test) I can't even think of the names of any other personality tests because they just aren't as frequently a discussion topic.

Which makes it even stranger when a blog entry or whatever else says something like "Hey! Here's a great way to learn more about yourself! I'm an INTJ! Here's what INTJ means!" as though no one had ever heard of this test before... (And it seems like the vast majority of people who do this are either INTJ or INTP according to the test, hence what I said about making introverts feel better - evidently it does something for them in particular!)
    Or maybe people are just having a little fun taking them.

In any event, I guess I don't get around much, I don't read enough blogs where the subject's come up to have a good idea of what's being said out there.

Lack of appreciation?
    http://www.ted.com/talks/susan_cain_..._of_introverts

Or maybe, since INTP and INTJ come up so rarely (according to TH's 2012 thread), it makes them feel rare and unique.
    I'll take a look at the TED talk later, I'm supposed to be writing a paper when I'm not procrastinating in here. (Is procrastination a character trait?) But speaking as a self-identified introvert-type person, a lack of appreciation (lack of public appreciation anyway) isn't a driving force for me at all - the less attention, the better. Personal relationships are different, but then I wouldn't be sharing that publicly anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,830 Times in 8,343 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ISTP
    Personality: ISTP
    June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? More like tolerate perversity.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll take a look at the TED talk later, I'm supposed to be writing a paper when I'm not procrastinating in here. (Is procrastination a character trait?) But speaking as a self-identified introvert-type person, a lack of appreciation (lack of public appreciation anyway) isn't a driving force for me at all - the less attention, the better. Personal relationships are different, but then I wouldn't be sharing that publicly anyway.
    Should you ever get mixed up with Redditt (which I would not will on you or anyone else) you may begin to understand just how much UNDYING RAGE at pretty much everyone and everything lies beneath the sedate fašade of many who are outwardly soft-spoken, studious, nerdy/geeky etc.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should you ever get mixed up with Redditt (which I would not will on you or anyone else) you may begin to understand just how much UNDYING RAGE at pretty much everyone and everything lies beneath the sedate fašade of many who are outwardly soft-spoken, studious, nerdy/geeky etc.
    I've followed links to there a few times, and when I did, I felt like I'd jumped into a pool with no bottom and no way back to the surface.

So no, I wasn't aware of the rage of the introverts.

But let's talk about you.

Would you consider yourself an extrovert IRL?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you consider yourself an extrovert IRL?
    I actually consider myself to be more introverted than extroverted, though I don't think anyone is one or the other all the time and it depends on a lot on the situation. In some situations, it might seem like I'm actually very extroverted. And it wouldn't surprise me if people who think of themselves as introverted see me as extroverted and vice versa.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,719 Times in 4,460 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Because it tends to bear out and people are always fascinated by that sort of thing.

I even wonder if maybe part of its original purpose was to help "introverts" (as though introversion vs. extroversion really were such a binary matter) feel better about themselves.
    Could be, but I'd think there's reason for anyone to feel better and to get a sense of the underlying weaknesses too.

Not that I'm saying introverts shouldn't feel better about themselves, but... what do their results on this test really do for them?
    Same as anyone else, I'd think. As for testing differently. I'd suppose that shifts will tend to occur over time where the orientation isn't strong. At one point, years ago, I was ever so slightly in the T camp. And now I'm more comfortably into the P.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Thread Information