Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324

Thread: Fast Personality Test

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ffreeloader View Post
    Are you trying to say an innkeeper sits and sighs and worries about people he has no reason to know exist? You're once again trying to create something that does not exist.

It might or might not exist.

On what basis do you claim that this does not exist?

You (we) don't have enough information to make such an assessment.

You're assuming this individual thinks like you do thus you project your particular interpretation of this scenario onto the innkeeper. (As opposed to empathizing with.)

You've no grounds for doing so. You must broaden your palate...understand and examine how other's alternate (albeit alien to you) ways of emotionally experiencing a situation may differ from yours.
    Last edited by quip; Yesterday at 07:12 PM. Reason: Clarification
    _/\_

Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    It might or might not exist.

On what basis do you claim that this does not exist?

You (we) don't have enough information to make such an assessment.

You're assuming this individual thinks like you do thus you project your particular interpretation of this scenario onto the innkeeper. (As opposed to empathizing with.)

You've no grounds for doing so. You must broaden your palate...understand and examine how other's alternate (albeit alien to you) ways of emotionally experiencing a situation may differ from yours.
    It seems to me that you're making a mountain out of a molehill. That I can't see a hypothetical that you insist exists, but the scenario gave to no evidence for, means I cannot understand or empathize with an innkeeper. That is just plain old false. But, you'll see it as you desire.

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ffreeloader View Post
    It seems to me that you're making a mountain out of a molehill. That I can't see a hypothetical that you insist exists, but the scenario gave to no evidence for, means I cannot understand or empathize with an innkeeper. That is just plain old false. But, you'll see it as you desire.

What doesn't exist that I keep insisting does exist.....the particular subjective experience of the innkeeper?

Are you solipsistic?
    _/\_

Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

Thread Information