User Tag List

Page 3 of 107 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Nang's SPOTD is Tet's Hit Out of the Park!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,281 Times in 7,898 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PneumaPsucheSoma View Post
    Teaching the ontological Gospel to dozens of faithful disciples of Christ who don't balk at terms from their own first language or from the inspired languages of scripture.
    Imaginary friends are okay.

Are you ready to get rid of that new patch sown on your old garment and put on Christ yet? If you are, you'll know the resurrected, glorified, ascended prosopon of Christ is the Promised Land and you'll quit longing for a piece of geological earth for a group of pseudo-heirs that weren't even eligible for Canaan back in the day.
    I'm saved, thanks. How are you?

You remain the one person on TOL that I'm utterly shocked would be a Dispensationalist. I expect it of the law-mongering Hypernomians with their methodologies; but you're a disappointment.
    Okay, now I've shifted from bored to mildly intrigued. Exactly what do you mean by that? You're Mr. Gutsy tonight, and we all can take whatever you want to say. What exactly is it about me indicates I shouldn't be a dispie, and what is it the other MADs here have EVER said that even suggests they're in love with Law?

The floor is yours. Thrall us with you acumen.
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

C. H. Mackintosh

TOL Subscriber PneumaPsucheSoma's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Imaginary friends are okay.
    LOL. They're all undergrad and graduate students, and PhD pursuants. I think they might take umbrage at your insistence they're non-existent. They even have student loans. Haha.

I'm saved, thanks. How are you?
    I've never doubted you have elpis (hope/trust), which doth now save you (Romans 8). Elpis isn't pistis (faith), which worketh by agape (love). That's all kinda important.

The church-at-large is teaching elpis as pistis, for the most part. Come sit through 2 hours. It'll change your life.

Okay, now I've shifted from bored to mildly intrigued. Exactly what do you mean by that? You're Mr. Gutsy tonight, and we all can take whatever you want to say.
    I've never seen a lack of hardness and self-assurance on TOL, so I have no doubt.

What exactly is it about me indicates I shouldn't be a dispie, and what is it the other MADs here have EVER said that even suggests they're in love with Law?

The floor is yours. Thrall us with you acumen.
    Virtually everyone is employing law methodology (nomos anarthrous). Few even know what nomos (law) means, presuming it to be some set of rules to follow. That isn't even what it meant in Hebrew, and certainly not Greek. English is the problem, and the concepts derived by it.

For my entire tenure on TOL, you have seemed impervious to law methodology beyond all your peers who indeed are in love with anarthrous nomos (the quality and character of law as methodology).

Having seen you take a stand against such craziness, I thought you were among the minority who truly understood faith and grace practically and would not be one to embrace 19th-century silliness as eschatology.

All I'm saying is it caught me more off-guard than most things with most posters on TOL. Not much more to it.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never doubted you have elpis (hope/trust), which doth now save you (Romans 8). Elpis isn't pistis (faith), which worketh by agape (love). That's all kinda important.

The church-at-large is teaching elpis as pistis, for the most part. Come sit through 2 hours. It'll change your life.
    So you're still calling me unsaved, or sub-Christian, or something. Okay. I'm fine with that.

Virtually everyone is employing law methodology (nomos anarthrous). Few even know what nomos (law) means, presuming it to be some set of rules to follow. That isn't even what it meant in Hebrew, and certainly not Greek. English is the problem, and the concepts derived by it.

For my entire tenure on TOL, you have seemed impervious to law methodology beyond all your peers who indeed are in love with anarthrous nomos (the quality and character of law as methodology).

Having seen you take a stand against such craziness, I thought you were among the minority who truly understood faith and grace practically and would not be one to embrace 19th-century silliness as eschatology.

All I'm saying is it caught me more off-guard than most things with most posters on TOL. Not much more to it.
    That still doesn't quite tell me what I asked, but whatever.

You've still questioned my salvation. You tell me what I need in addition to Christ's death, burial and resurrection for my justification, which I have now and forever. True, in my flesh I am weak and very imperfect, I admit that sadly but freely. But in Christ, I am holy and righteous, and renewed day by day as I'm increasingly conformed to His image. That's my adopted Father's opinion of, and work in, me, not mine. And that's all that really matters.

So you man up, use plain language and tell me right now: what more do I lack?
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

C. H. Mackintosh

Thanks
    Thanked 7,566 Times in 5,540 Posts

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nang View Post
    One would have to experience the closed society of the PB to realize how cultish it was/is . . so we experienced no surprise when we first learned these were Crowley's roots
    How "cultish" is the dispensational approach, oh supporter of satanic Calvinism? Is it "sect-ish," wicked Naggie?

Acts 24:5 KJV
    For we have found this man a pestilent fellow, and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes:

Acts 28:22 KJV
    But we desire to hear of thee what thou thinkest: for as concerning this sect, we know that every where it is spoken against.

That wacko Paul, who, of course never spoke of dispensations, the "dispensation of the grace of God," being quite "sect-ish," and all.

I know-it all says the same thing.

Clueless witchiepoo Naggie.
    Saint John W

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you're still calling me unsaved, or sub-Christian, or something. Okay. I'm fine with that.
    Nope. You're saved by elpis. But elpis isn't pistis.

That still doesn't quite tell me what I asked, but whatever.
    But it should.

You've still questioned my salvation.
    It's unfortunate that salvation has been framed in light of being a punctiliar event only. But only an understanding of Paul's ontological Gospel clarifies that.

You tell me what I need in addition to Christ's death, burial and resurrection for my justification, which I have now and forever. True, in my flesh I am weak and very imperfect, I admit that sadly but freely. But in Christ,
    What does "in Christ" mean? Explicity, specifically, and exegetically. What does it mean to be "in Christ"?

I am holy and righteous, and renewed day by day as I'm increasingly conformed to His image. That's my adopted Father's opinion of, and work in, me, not mine. And that's all that really matters.

So you man up, use plain language and tell me right now: what more do I lack?
    If this is true faith, I doubt you lack anything. But it's likely elpis instead of pistis. It's not a matter of what you lack, but what you could have that is qualitatively more.

Do you know what a prosopon and hypostasis are relative to God and man?

Pistis (faith) is the hypostasis (substance) of things elpis-ed (hoped) for. What does that mean?

Thanks

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.It's unfortunate that salvation...
    You talk like the Christ rejecting world, whatever the h that fake Greek name is-they talk like you. There is no such thing as "fortune," as in "luck," in the book. You made that up.

And you are posing to teach us meanie, heretical dispies a thin' or two, Lucy?

Oh yes-"demon"-look it up in "the Greek," geek-the "god" of fortunes....

Have a seat.
    Saint John W

Thanks

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...If this is true faith,...
    Is that like "a true pregnancy," "a devout Christian, " a "true human being?"

Define "true." 89%? 96%? 99.9768765888866666666666666%?

Unpack it for us.

Exposed-he's a closet Catholic, JW, Calvinist, Mormon, JW............i.e., "preaching" a subtil form of works based "salvation." Let me guess what else you believe(in "the English")-making the Lord Jesus Christ "Lord of your life," i.e., "Lordship 'salvation'."

How did I do, Skippy? Lay it on us...
    Saint John W

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I had a full bladder I'd be peeing in my underoos right now.

C. H. Mackintosh

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    You talk like the Christ rejecting world, whatever the h that fake Greek name is-they talk like you. There is no such thing as "fortune," as in "luck," in the book. You made that up.

And you are posing to teach us meanie, heretical dispies a thin' or two, Lucy?

Oh yes-"demon"-look it up in "the Greek," geek-the "god" of fortunes....

Have a seat.
    Don't you have rapture practice to attend or something? Do a few leaping jumping jacks while chanting. That should help.

Just because "unfortunate" has etymological ties to the word fortune, it isn't inherently literal. And I'd bet you celebrate major holidays, hypocrite. ("Bet" is also another non-literal expression which doesn't actually require a wager when employed as a figure of speech.)

I can't have a seat. Your vileness has so filled the room, there IS no room. Come on over. We'll talk it all out. But I bet your tone would change without a keyboard and cyber-distance. It always does.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does it mean to be "in Christ"?
    It means to be His. You is, or you ain't. I am. Are you? That's a yes or no question, not requiring Greek.

C. H. Mackintosh

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    Is that like "a true pregnancy," "a devout Christian, " a "true human being?"

Define "true." 89%? 96%? 99.9768765888866666666666666%?

Unpack it for us.

Exposed-he's a closet Catholic, JW, Calvinist, Mormon, JW............i.e., "preaching" a subtil form of works based "salvation." Let me guess what else you believe(in "the English")-making the Lord Jesus Christ "Lord of your life," i.e., "Lordship 'salvation'."

How did I do, Skippy? Lay it on us...
    Fail. It was a contrast to the "false" faith of elpis (hope/trust) that you and virtually everyone else substitute for faith (pistis).

I could define aletheia (truth), but you wouldn't understand it. All you have is Satan's devices (noema - concepts of the mind).

"Lordship salvation" is no salvation at all.

Epic fail. Epic.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't have a seat. Your vileness has so filled the room, there IS no room. Come on over. We'll talk it all out. But I bet your tone would change without a keyboard and cyber-distance. It always does.
    You are one of two people I've seen issue an invitation/threat to straighten John out. If I told you who the other guy is, and how similar his doctrine (if not his vocabulary) is to yours, you'd worry. You wouldn't happen to own a cowboy hat, would you?

But what do I know. I'm a misguided pseudo-dispensationalist in denial.

C. H. Mackintosh

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It means to be His. You is, or you ain't. I am. Are you? That's a yes or no question, not requiring Greek.
    That's it? To be His? "In Christ" is just belonging to Him in some nebulous manner? What does that even mean? Everyone is His creation. What is "in Christ"?

Yes. I'm literally "IN Christ".

Do you know what putting a new patch on an old garment means? Do you know what putting new wine in old wineskins means?

Thanks

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't you have rapture practice to attend or something? Do a few leaping jumping jacks while chanting. That should help.
    Stumped me there.

Just because "unfortunate" has etymological ties to the word fortune, it isn't inherently literal.
    Nope. You talk like the Christ rejecting world, and the "god" of fortunes, your father the devil, demon-ette. They talk like you, and you talk like them, Skippy. Face you...seared, defiled, conscience, and all...

And I'd bet you celebrate major holidays, hypocrite. ("Bet" is also another non-literal expression which doesn't actually require a wager when employed as a figure of speech.)
    I "celebrate" "Columbus Day," "Martin Luther King Day," "President's Day,".........

It's a great excuse, to tap a few cold ones, munch on Fritos, throw rocks at liberals, and watch reruns of "The Love Boat."

You don't, Skippy? Why not? Let me guess....you exhibit "true" faith, Professor Demas, and are a "devout" Christian.

Did I get that right?

Yes, and teens talk like you-"bet."

Impressive.

I can't have a seat. Your vileness has so filled the room, there IS no room. Come on over. We'll talk it all out. But I bet your tone would chanI ge without a keyboard and cyber-distance. It always does

Stunning put down...never heard it before...How long did it take for you to "Google" that stumper, Skippy? And I'm not afraid of girls, as most of TOL knows. So, I'm not afraid of you. I've fought bigger bully girls than you before, Skippy.

Saint John W

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have said what I have said. If you are in Christ, and I do not dispute it short of knowing what gospel you believe (you've never said, that I recall), and if I am in Christ (and you just saw the Gospel I believe), where exactly is the problem you have? With our eschatology? So what? It harms NO ONE. With are rightly dividing the Word? That's what we're commanded to do and it makes sense that way. That's our view...yours differs. Ours doesn't harm you or anyone else. So what, exactly, is your problem with us?

C. H. Mackintosh

Thread Information