Thread: Delmar's POD 11-3-14

Thanks
    Thanked 1,146 Times in 744 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God's foreknowledge of all does not equate to God forcing us to do anything or to make any particular choices.
    Jesus Christ Is God - See My Blogs

e-Sword - Great & Free Bible Study Software
    Official e-Sword download site (Freeware):
    http://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html

Thousands of FREE add-on modules for e-Sword:
    http://www.biblesupport.com/

Romans 10:9-10 KJV That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,242 Times in 7,881 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    No. I'm simply saying that if He knew then then I do not have a choice.
    But you haven't made the choice yet. I know, that's your point: it doesn't exist yet because you haven't made it, so how can God foreknow something that does not yet exist. If He does foreknow it, then it will exist. It's fixed. So, in that sense, it would already exists, meaning your choice is already set, thus when the time comes for you to "make the choice," it really won't be a choice after all because, in a deeply weird way, you already made it. Is that about right? Now I have a headache.
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

C. H. Mackintosh

Thanks
    Thanked 13,242 Times in 7,881 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by journey View Post
    God's foreknowledge of all does not equate to God forcing us to do anything or to make any particular choices.
    That's really the only point I was trying to make; not about the philosophical nuts and bolts but whether God is responsible by (hypothetically) simply foreknowing. But I see LH's point, too. I think.
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

C. H. Mackintosh

Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,117 Times in 10,018 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by journey View Post
    I don't see anyone in this thread arguing that it does.

Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    But you haven't made the choice yet. I know, that's your point: it doesn't exist yet because you haven't made it, so how can God foreknow something that does not yet exist. If He does foreknow it, then it will exist. It's fixed. So, in that sense, it would already exists, meaning your choice is already set, thus when the time comes for you to "make the choice," it really won't be a choice after all because, in a deeply weird way, you already made it. Is that about right? Now I have a headache.
    Yes. And now you know part of my reason for being open view.

Thread Information