Thanks
    Thanked 5,696 Times in 4,057 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saved, or may be saved.
    BigBoof1959, Bright Raven, Caino, Cruciform, ebenz47037, Nick M, OCTOBER23, Robert Pate, S0ZO, steko, tomlapalm, Totton Linnet

Not saved.
    aikido7, jamie, keypurr, meshak, oatmeal, Omniskeptical, Pierac, Under Pressure
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Christian theology isn't to be in Christ.

So, what?

believe it!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,696 Times in 4,057 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
    There is only one God. The Father of Christ.
    That is because you believe there is only one dad. You assume God must be confined to human limitations, and human thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Christian theology isn't to be in Christ.

So, what?

believe it!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 1,079 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, K, some people believe Jesus is God and some people believe Jesus is the Son of God, but maybe it doesn't matter. Maybe the terms are interchangeable. Maybe all Gods are sons and all sons are God, no difference.

Yeah, that's it. This way Jesus can be a God and God can be a son and it won't matter which term we use since they both mean the same thing.

No more confusion.

No wonder the Jews wanted to seat Jesus in his Temple.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
    Saved, or may be saved.
    BigBoof1959, Bright Raven, Caino, Cruciform, ebenz47037, Nick M, OCTOBER23, Robert Pate, S0ZO, steko, tomlapalm, Totton Linnet

Not saved.
    No, Jesus Christ tells us that the Father is the only true God in John 17:3. Why don't you believe him?
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, Jesus Christ tells us that the Father is the only true God in John 17:3. Why don't you believe him?

keypurr, with due respect to your sincere beliefs, it's you who we don't believe. When you cherry-pick a verse to suit an agenda then you are bordering on promoting a dishonesty.

You carved out John 17:3 but omitted the rest of the story.

17 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:

“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

The divinity of Christ is existential.

This prayer of the Son incarnate in human form is a divine Son communing with his divine Father.

"Mortal man was never the property of the archdeceivers. Jesus did not die to ransom man from the clutch of the apostate rulers and fallen princes of the spheres. The Father in heaven never conceived of such crass injustice as damning a mortal soul because of the evil doing of his ancestors."UB

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caino View Post
    keypurr, with due respect to your sincere beliefs, it's you who we don't believe. When you cherry-pick a verse to suit an agenda then you are bordering on promoting a dishonesty.

You carved out John 17:3 but omitted the rest of the story.

17 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed:

“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

The divinity of Christ is existential.

This prayer of the Son incarnate in human form is a divine Son communing with his divine Father.

I have no problem with Christ being divine. But what do you consider divine?

Your misunderstanding my friend. Christ is a created form of God. He was given the fullness of the Father. But he is a creation, he can die. He has a God, the same God we have. He was with the Father at the creation, the Father created everything through Christ.

But Jesus was born to Mary, he was a human. He is the body prepared for the spirit Christ in Heb 10:5. Christ came down from heaven and took the form of man by dwelling in Jesus. He spoke through Jesus. Jesus was not born the Christ, he was anointed as the Christ when Christ took over his being. That great change in Jesus caused him to go into the wilderness for forty days to adjust to the power he just received. Then he was tempted by Satan. God can not be tempted.

Consider what might be the correct way to see Christ as he was SENT to us. Christ is a spirit like his God. Jesus never said that he was God, neither did the Christ in him.

Posted from the TOL App!
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
    INSANE, or may be INSANE.

Not INSANE.
    There. Fixed it for you.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Proposing a vote on this issue is stupid. The reality of "god" is not a popularity contest.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You cannot vote because there is a separation of church and state

and besides Obama who is a Muslim would not allow it.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OCTOBER23 View Post
    You cannot vote because there is a separation of church and state
    There's a separation of church and state on TOL? Really?

You didn't vote the poll in this thread? Really?

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no problem with Christ being divine. But what do you consider divine?

Your misunderstanding my friend. Christ is a created form of God. He was given the fullness of the Father. But he is a creation, he can die. He has a God, the same God we have. He was with the Father at the creation, the Father created everything through Christ.

But Jesus was born to Mary, he was a human. He is the body prepared for the spirit Christ in Heb 10:5. Christ came down from heaven and took the form of man by dwelling in Jesus. He spoke through Jesus. Jesus was not born the Christ, he was anointed as the Christ when Christ took over his being. That great change in Jesus caused him to go into the wilderness for forty days to adjust to the power he just received. Then he was tempted by Satan. God can not be tempted.

Consider what might be the correct way to see Christ as he was SENT to us. Christ is a spirit like his God. Jesus never said that he was God, neither did the Christ in him.

Posted from the TOL App!
    You are still cherry picking, the proper way is to consider everything the miraculous Christ said and did. You come in denial then pick what seems to justify that denial.

"He" was a personality reality before this world was.

The "Divine" was not tempted, Jesus self limited his divinity as a Human while subject to the Fathers will. Besides, the temptation talk was the opinion of the writer.

I've told you 6,746 times, the human flesh of Jesus died, not his spirit. He then resurrected a form of his body that would be visible to believers.

Humans don't become Gods in heaven, only Gods are Gods.

"Mortal man was never the property of the archdeceivers. Jesus did not die to ransom man from the clutch of the apostate rulers and fallen princes of the spheres. The Father in heaven never conceived of such crass injustice as damning a mortal soul because of the evil doing of his ancestors."UB

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 1,079 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Humans don't become Gods in heaven, only Gods are Gods.
    Jesus was human so I guess that leaves him out.

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Jesus was human so I guess that leaves him out.
    You've overlooked some parts of the story, Jesus came down from heaven, he returned to heaven with all power and authority. He is Lord and God.

Over 6000 post club genuineoriginal's Avatar
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've overlooked some parts of the story, Jesus came down from heaven, he returned to heaven with all power and authority. He is Lord and God.
    So, you are saying that Jesus is not the Son of God?
    Learn to read what is written.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thanks
    Thanked 2,705 Times in 1,769 Posts

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why don't you believe in the revealing of Jesus Christ in the scriptures? Who was He revealed as?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Thread Information