Thread: Jesus is God

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isaiah 44:6 - "Thus says the LORD... there is no God but me."

Isaiah 45:5 - "I am the LORD and there is no other, there is no God besides me."

Isaiah 45:6 - "Men may know that there is none besides me. I am the LORD, there is no other."

We all know that God the Son has a Father (God the Father). But the question that must be asked and answered is: can God the Son have a God? Every pastor that I have ever asked this question to has always said "Of course not!" But is that the answer given in Scripture? No, on the contrary. As you will see, the prophesied Messiah in the Old Testament is said to have a God. Then you will see that Jesus the Messiah fulfills those prophesies because he most definitely has a God. If you come to the conclusion that Jesus has a God, then it might be time to rethink and research the Doctrine of the Trinity. Because if God the Son has a God, then there are TWO GODS!

To make this as simple as possible, I am not going to list the huge amount of Scriptures which have God (not "Father") and Jesus in the same sentence, or Scriptures that have God speaking to Jesus, or Jesus speaking to God. We will only be concerned with Scriptures that prove that Jesus has a God.

OLD TESTAMENT MESSIANIC PROPHESIES

Psalm 89:26-28 - "He (the Messiah) shall say of me. "You are my father, my God, my rock, my savior". And I will make him the firstborn."

Micah 5:3-4 - "He (the Messiah) shall stand firm and shepherd his flock by the strength of the LORD, in the Majestic name of the LORD, his God."

Psalm 22:10-11 - "To you I was committed at birth. From my motherís womb you are my God."

NEW TESTAMENT

Jesus Speaking:

John 20:17 - "I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God."

Matthew 27:46 - "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"

Revelation 3:12 - "Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God."

Revelation 3:2 - "for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God."

Paul:

Ephesians 1:3 - "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Ephesians 1:17 - "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father..."

2 Corinthians 1:3 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

2 Corinthians 11:31 - "The God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ knows, He who is blessed forever, that I do not lie."

Peter:

1 Peter 1:3 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

John:

Revelation 1:6 - "To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, who has made us into a kingdom, priests for his God and Father."

When one reads the preceding verses, there is one thing that is a fact. That Jesus Christ has a God. Jesus speaks of his God, Peter Paul and John mention the God of Jesus Christ.

So why do we never hear a sermon or anything else on the God of Jesus Christ? The reason is that people who believe in the Trinity cannot explain this obvious fact. They have absolutely no explanation for it. They claim that God the Son cannot have a God because that would mean that there are two Gods. But there it is in black and white. Jesus has a God.

"Now this is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ" (John 17:3). Jesusí own words.

Paul
    From the cowardice that shrinks from new truth,
    From the laziness that is content with half-truths,
    From the arrogance that thinks it knows all truth,
    Oh God of Truth, deliver us.

~ Ancient Prayer

Veteran
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omniskeptical View Post
    Teaching the full humanity of Christ is impossible if you believe he is divine. What is the point of copying God?
    He is fully human and fully God.

just as you are fully human and fully an eternal spiritual being, who is not God,

Veteran
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierac View Post
    Isaiah 44:6 - "Thus says the LORD... there is no God but me."

Isaiah 45:5 - "I am the LORD and there is no other, there is no God besides me."

Isaiah 45:6 - "Men may know that there is none besides me. I am the LORD, there is no other."

We all know that God the Son has a Father (God the Father). But the question that must be asked and answered is: can God the Son have a God? Every pastor that I have ever asked this question to has always said "Of course not!" But is that the answer given in Scripture? No, on the contrary. As you will see, the prophesied Messiah in the Old Testament is said to have a God. Then you will see that Jesus the Messiah fulfills those prophesies because he most definitely has a God. If you come to the conclusion that Jesus has a God, then it might be time to rethink and research the Doctrine of the Trinity. Because if God the Son has a God, then there are TWO GODS!

To make this as simple as possible, I am not going to list the huge amount of Scriptures which have God (not "Father") and Jesus in the same sentence, or Scriptures that have God speaking to Jesus, or Jesus speaking to God. We will only be concerned with Scriptures that prove that Jesus has a God.

OLD TESTAMENT MESSIANIC PROPHESIES

Psalm 89:26-28 - "He (the Messiah) shall say of me. "You are my father, my God, my rock, my savior". And I will make him the firstborn."

Micah 5:3-4 - "He (the Messiah) shall stand firm and shepherd his flock by the strength of the LORD, in the Majestic name of the LORD, his God."

Psalm 22:10-11 - "To you I was committed at birth. From my motherís womb you are my God."

NEW TESTAMENT

Jesus Speaking:

John 20:17 - "I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God."

Matthew 27:46 - "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"

Revelation 3:12 - "Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God."

Revelation 3:2 - "for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God."

Paul:

Ephesians 1:3 - "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Ephesians 1:17 - "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father..."

2 Corinthians 1:3 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

2 Corinthians 11:31 - "The God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ knows, He who is blessed forever, that I do not lie."

Peter:

1 Peter 1:3 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

John:

Revelation 1:6 - "To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, who has made us into a kingdom, priests for his God and Father."

When one reads the preceding verses, there is one thing that is a fact. That Jesus Christ has a God. Jesus speaks of his God, Peter Paul and John mention the God of Jesus Christ.

So why do we never hear a sermon or anything else on the God of Jesus Christ? The reason is that people who believe in the Trinity cannot explain this obvious fact. They have absolutely no explanation for it. They claim that God the Son cannot have a God because that would mean that there are two Gods. But there it is in black and white. Jesus has a God.

"Now this is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ" (John 17:3). Jesusí own words.

Paul

not only are you ONLY quoting the verses that show Jesus as fully Human, you are ignoring the verses that Jesus (and God) show that Jesus is God.

God also speaks that He is Jesus,, or bodily human.

Zech 12 10, in which GOD is speaking.

Zec 12:10

And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,485 Times in 10,806 Posts

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    Do you believe it?
    Yes!

Job 9:32 For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment.
    Job 9:33 Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both.

The Lord Jesus is the only qualified 'daysman' capable of laying His hand on the finite(man), as well as the infinite(GOD).

Any other person falls miserably short.

Only the Son knows the Father to the same degree that the Father knows the Son. This knowledge demands Divinity.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to steko For Your Post:

Tambora (May 13th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, both human and divine. The spirit son added human to his resume. We now have a God that knows what it's like to be human.

"Mortal man was never the property of the archdeceivers. Jesus did not die to ransom man from the clutch of the apostate rulers and fallen princes of the spheres. The Father in heaven never conceived of such crass injustice as damning a mortal soul because of the evil doing of his ancestors."UB

Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 796 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are with the apostles...they proclaimed Him as Lord and God
    One lavished upon in the Beloved
    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/blog.php?u=10603

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomlapalm View Post
    He is fully human and fully God.

just as you are fully human and fully an eternal spiritual being, who is not God,
    If he is god, I'm a demigod. God is not a man so as to repent.
    John 1:1-2
    1 εν αρχη ην ο λογος At the beginning, it was a word; και ο λογος ην προς ο θεος and a word, it was unto a God; και θεος ην ο λογος and the God, it was.. A word 2 ουτος a-such... 2 ην εν αρχη προς ο θεος ... it was at the beginning unto a God.

"Yahweh" is a word, not just Christ!

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caino View Post
    Yes, both human and divine. The spirit son added human to his resume. We now have a God that knows what it's like to be human.
    He already knew what it was like to be human. Notice how he raised his son. Does thou think theekself special?
    1 εν αρχη ην ο λογος At the beginning, it was a word; και ο λογος ην προς ο θεος and a word, it was unto a God; και θεος ην ο λογος and the God, it was.. A word 2 ουτος a-such... 2 ην εν αρχη προς ο θεος ... it was at the beginning unto a God.

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Totton Linnet View Post
    We are with the apostles...they proclaimed Him as Lord and God
    The apostles did not call him anything [other than] Lord and son. They didn't call him god.
    Last edited by Omniskeptical; August 24th, 2014 at 11:09 AM.

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cruciform View Post
    Merely a Straw Man Fallacy on your part.
    Your typical response when you are unable to offer a rebuttal. Thanks for admitting failure yet again.
    Atheism is a advertising nightmare as in what you see is what you get and when you die that's it. - DaveDodo007

Totally depraved doctrine.
    Uncertain salvation.
    Luck of the draw.
    Irresistible damnation.
    Persecution of the saints.

Courtesy of Desert Reign

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

Thanks
    Thanked 19,485 Times in 10,806 Posts

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The apostles did not call him anything Lord and son. They didn't call him god.

Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Joh 20:28 και απεκριθη ο θωμας και ειπεν αυτω ο κυριος μου και ο θεος μου
    [the Lord of me and the God of me]

14. The Following User Says Thank You to steko For Your Post:

Tambora (May 13th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The historic Christian Church has always believed and taught the full divinity and full humanity of Jesus Christ

The Roman Multi-pagan Catholic church ....

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof:
    from such turn away.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,139 Times in 6,309 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The apostles did not call him anything Lord and son. They didn't call him god.
    Titus 2

13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

I could go on and on and on, but instead have a question. Are we to worship anyone other than the Lord our God? Think Exodus 20.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steko View Post
    Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Joh 20:28 και απεκριθη ο θωμας και ειπεν αυτω ο κυριος μου και ο θεος μου
    [the Lord of me and the God of me]

El gibbor or the mighty god is what St.Thomas declared . Not YhVh.

For me the best point is when He did speak the name of God when He said, "before Moses was I AM"

Not that it matters to you, my friend steko.i know you are a trinitarian.

However when it was declared who He is as a rabbi or teacher He "Jesus" did not correct there either, as the argument goes when St.Thomas declared my Lord and Mighty God , He was not corrected either.

Posted from the TOL App!

Thread Information